Airgas

Airgas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall Performance
Accounts Receivable Collector (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 18, 2013
Pros: everyone worked as a team.
Cons: building conditions were questionable.
A typical day involved the management of account receivable accounts and product returns.

In this position, I learned how to balance my time, meet deadlines and how to present ideas to management.

The management worked as a team and maintained a positive attitude most of the time. There was an open door policy with ideas and concerns. The co-workers – more... were dedicated to their positions and worked hard. – less
good place to work
Receiving and Customer Service (Former Employee), Faribault, MNAugust 17, 2013
Warehouse work, full time through staffing agency. Offered full time position with company before move back to Colorado. Enjoyed working there.
I learned new things every day,I also learned from my co-workers, and I learned new ways to track down evasive customers.
Collection Analyst (Former Employee), Salem, NHAugust 8, 2013
Pros: yes at times
Cons: sometimes no breaks depending on the day.
I leaned something every day.
I worked by myself. My co-workers were great.
locating the customer.
When the customer and I came to a hap
py agreement.
hard comppany to work for
Field Service Lead (Former Employee), waxahachie txAugust 8, 2013
always watching over your back, never satisfied with your performance.
Very productive work place but needs management training
Credit Collections/Puritan Medical (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: bonus pay-outs
Cons: never know when the pay-outs will come
A typical workday consist of running various accounting report thu SAP system. While checking emails and call in orders for releases of Airgas products. I have learned that Time management is everything. My co-workers are just as busy all day evryday as I'am. The hardest part of my job is taking your breaks on time becuse you are so busy it's easy to – more... work thru your breaks. The most enjoyable part of my job is the Customer Service part. Meeting new people over the phone and sometimes face to face on branch office visits. – less
Constant Changes- Zero Transparency
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 30, 2013
Too many directors, managers, and the like with differering expectations

Salary was good, bonus/comp plans frequently changed, not to be benefit of the employee
Airgas is a stable, growing company and a great place to work.
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 26, 2013
I have had the opportunity to advance from Senior Accountant to Accounting Manager to interim Controller and now as a manager of Financial Planning & Analysis. I have gained a lot of experience and have worked with a great group of people along the way.
great benefits
Billing specialist (Former Employee), Alvord, TXJuly 25, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: co-workers, management
Worked for Red-D-Arc bought company and was a great employee. Advancement is possible with the company if you can get in good with the office manager.

There was no fair treatment and a lot of favoritism which is very obvious.

New management would help this place expand!
Cold fun place to work, awsome coworkers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: 12 hour shifts days
I learned the many uses of dry ice from environmental, science and food preservation.
A fairly good company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: flexibility in scheduling
Cons: micromanagement
A typical day at work for me includes cold calling, service, prospecting, assisting customers at the branch as needed, resolving AR issues.

I've learned a great deal about pursuing a career in sales. The management at Airgas saw the potential in me, and placed me on a sales career path.

While I work very well with my direct supervisor. He's been a – more... good mentor over the years, and has helped me develop a successful sales process.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with the daily distractions presented, particularly with our recent SAP migration.

The best part of my job is being out on the road, travelling, selling a new or better product, and helping my customers solve problems and improve processes. – less
Productive workplace
Cherry Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Duluth GAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: great employee benefits
Cons: not a lot of room for longtime employment
A great work atmosphere. Very eager to get it's employees trained and certified on forklift and other warehouse equipment.
Nice comfortable place to work.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2013
Productive and always busy. I enjoyed my job and co-workers and would still be working there but the company went to a new computer system that eliminated more than a few departments. The Accounts Payable Department was one of them. I would have stayed at Airgas until I retired but the SAP computer system is the reason for my lay off as of April 5,2013.
Great work environment, growing business
Telesales (Former Employee), Germantown, WIJuly 22, 2013
Pros: environment
Cons: new leadership
Overall a fantastic place to work. Great employees and super leadership, for the most part. Just like any large organization, one must take the good with the bad. Sales people can make quite a bit of money. The company needs to take a hard look at their salaried employees, do they really get paid enough for all that they do?
Ok work place
Driver (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: got good discounts
Cons: was never going to move up
Go in load truck with tanks for delivery. Then pull hard goods that needed to be puled for customers. Then go do route. then come back and help customers and keep yard in good shape.
Continually busy
Hazmat Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Owasso, OKJuly 3, 2013
Constantly busy delivering and picking up cylinders.
Co workers get along and work to help each other out when needed.
air gas
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Magee, MSJune 29, 2013
Cons: short breaks
working with this company was hard work, but i am athletic big guy that can handle it. it was a fast paced enviroment that i caught on to very fast.
Good people overall
Driver/warehouse (Current Employee), st.paul,MnJune 26, 2013
its been a great exeerience.driving long days and the customer service you provide is a cut above the rest.
Order Puller/ cycle counting/reciever/auditor
Order Puller/Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJune 26, 2013
Pros: bonus program at times
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work began with cycle counting for 2 hrs then going into the system to do adjustments after all was complete i would either pull orders, pack/audit, or help out in receiving until shift was done.

I've learned the trick of the trade quite well and im ready to use my knowledge and be an asset to a much better company.

My co-workers – more... were nice and friendly but had many come and go.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with poor manegement and lack of team work.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that i helped customers/employees day in and day out. – less
Resale Account Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee), Germantown, WIJune 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: have to make a certain amount of sales per day
Airgas is a great place to work. They have excellent benefits. There is room for advancement in the company.
Good culture, great benefits
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Levittown, PAJune 13, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, tons of incentives, great benefits
Cons: constant readjustment to any plans you thought you had
There's a reason Airgas grows every year; it's a great company to work for. Though ultimately sales wasn't for me, the level of support and training that Airgas puts its team members through is really second to no place I've ever worked. So many people love coming to work there, you can't help but be drawn in by the place. Hardest part of the job is – more... the continual calls you have to make, and the constant readjustment you have to make to your plans for the day. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people out by educating them on the products they need for their businesses. – less

About Airgas

Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and – Read more