Airgas

Airgas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No room fer advancement,steady pay check
Production/route driver (Current Employee), Decatur, ALOctober 13, 2013
Pros: work on your own
Cons: cut lunch breaks wheather used or not, no room for promotions or advancement, must work outside in all wheather conditions, poor communication for top level.
Not for everyone,pay is good,managment is poor,promotions are not done fairly,good working condtions.
horrible place horrible management
bulk driver (Former Employee), CaliforniaOctober 12, 2013
Pros: none!!!!!!!
Cons: horrible company and horrible managrment
This is the most horrible place I have ever work at.If your thinking of applying for a position with this company don't it will be your biggest regret. If you look up the word insanity you will see the Airgas logo.Management thinks they own you and works you like a donkey. They have no regards for their employees they saw safety first but thats a big – more... fat LIE . They go Thur management every year in the time I was there I saw 5 managers in less than 3 years very unorganized no communication calls Thur night with change dispatch because they dont know their a-- from a hole in the ground.they show a lot of favoritism for employees and hire in their friends. This place is corrupted from the top management so theres a lot of cover ups.People don't wear ppe and get hurt and management covers by saying the camera don't work and film coming up missing.don't waste your time and effort with this company their not worth it !!!!!!!
Unless you like working as if you have chains around your ankles and wipes across your back!!!!!! – less
Out if touch corporate staff and long work hours
Manager (Current Employee), Lamirada,CAOctober 12, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours and out of touch corporate staff
I am a former employee of Airgas . The overall appeal of the company is their people . However, there are some management personnel within their corporate team that lacks the ability to relate to their work force at plant level. These managers travel on the companies dime and live high on the hog but squeeze every nickel out of the plants and certain – more... safety issues are overlooked. They talk a good game of safety but beat up managers on cost which pertains to safety. The pay is competiitive, the benefits are great but it is a company that doesn't value quality of work life and family life. – less
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Whittier, CAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: a bit unsensitive to elder employees.
I've gained experience working at Airgas. I was there for 10 years however I did not see myself growing there. Management somewhat changed over the years.
Not a place you wanna work!
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJOctober 6, 2013
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: everything about this company is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This company is run horribly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the mistakes management makes,if it were you or I we would"ve been fired.If management knew anything about what it takes to make a delivery maybe the company could run more efficiently!!!!!!!!!!!! How can a person route trucks that has no idea about any area that they"re routing?
Fun and interesting place to work!
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: hour long lunch
Prep, sort, and rearrange the warehouse flow for new products.

I've learned how coolant refrigerant is processed, packaged and sold to customers.

Knowledgeable management staff

Helpful co-workers

Enjoyed the learning experience!
good company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: reasonble pay
Cons: too many anges
fast paced distribution, high turn over in sales, warehouse is improving
WONDERFUL
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: repairing trucks
ENJOYED ALL THE CO WORKERS. ENJOYED THE JOB AND ALL THE PEOPLE I MET. ENJOYED LEARNING ALL ABOUT THE AMMONIA INDUSTRY, WOULD LOVE TO CONTINUE WORKING WITH SUCH WONDERFUL PEOPLE
Airgas company
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement opportunity
Scanning and billing company for Airgas sales, Small office and got to know lots of people there.
employes good,fun and productive,management not so good
Warehouse Manager/Dispatch/Customer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: employés
Cons: management
management has us vs employes mentality,once you start getting advanced they work to get ride of you,no long term employment with them,they will always tell you, " right to work state" You go to work hoping you still have a job.
MANY RESPONSIBILITIES
Class A Driver (Former Employee), WEST CHICAGO IL.September 10, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: healthcare
GOOD COMPANY GOOD BENEFITS PAID HOLIDAYS GREAT CO-WORKERS
Learned alot about differant gases
Filler (Former Employee), Elmira, NYSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: good benifits and great pay
Cons: management
I filled hydrogen cylanders. Had to make sure co-workers were safe and the product was safe.
Industry-leading stable, sales company
Specialty Gas Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2013
I enjoy the both the people I support as well as those that support me. Airgas has afforded me an opportunity to work in both operations and business development. My current role allows me to call on my technical knowledge from my experience in operations while best serving the needs of our customers and sales teams.
always on the go
Driver (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: satisfaction in making sure customers are happy
Cons: low pay for all the work done
Making sure all customers receive there products and satisfied.
Great company to work for
Lead Operator/ Backup Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: nothing bad to say about company
Very stable work, guaranteed 40hr/ week
benefit package is excellent
Career advancement and transferring opportunities are nationwide
I enjoyed working for Airgas.
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee), Salem, NHSeptember 3, 2013
Airgas is a great company. I would have remained there, but the company restructured and my position was relocated to Ohio.
SAFETY ALWAYS COME FIRST
B-OPERATOR /DOCK WORKER (Former Employee), Star, MSAugust 31, 2013
Pros: eat as you go
Cons: good benifits
BUSY WORK PLACE GREAT CO-WORKERS THEY ALL WHERE TEAM PLAYER I ENJOYED WORKING WITH THEM GREAT PLACE TO WORK
was a real good fun fast pace work enviorment
CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 31, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits were excalent
typical day at work busy fun fast pace co-workers were great thru out the whole day was hard and enjoyable but fun manager was great
Production work envirement. Must be flexible with hourly to daily work order changes based on customer needs
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Theodore, ALAugust 30, 2013
Pros: managers were very flexable with sick and personel time needed.
Cons: poor communication between sales and production needs
I worked for Airgas for 12 yrs. I saw and went through corporate changes with the company and adapted to various operating procedures. A typical work day was to till fill high pressure and low pressure cylinders to maintain a stocking level for customers as needed. I started at a young age and learned a tremendous amount of responsibility in the work – more... environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the customer demands and seemed to be understaffed to be able to follow operating procedures and guidelines. The enjoyable part of the job was having good employees that were flexible and willing to go help if needed without asking. Also having a nice break facility to eat lunch and cool off during the summer months, as well as warm up during the winter. – less
Good place to work, just have to be accident free
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Hanover, MDAugust 30, 2013
This is a great job, you just have to be careful and keep your subordinates careful.

About Airgas

Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and – Read more