Airgas

Airgas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
bad compny
driver (Current Employee), Palmerton, PAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: paid by hour
Cons: managers have no respect for its employees, do not go to internal affairs with conscerns they only protect managers.
You make good money. But family & safety means nothing here. Like any big corp. its all about $ they preach safety but it means nothing only on paper.
Very big company with many advancements available
Cylinder filler (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 21, 2013
I started with this company as a graveyard loader. Which is where I loaded all the delivery trucks with filled gas cyliniders following a production schedule. I was then advanced to the swing shift filler where I filled compressed liquid and semi-liquid gas cylinders with a various different types of gases. I enjoyed worrking with my co-workers and – more... management at all times. I didnt like the hours I was working due to the fact that I do have a family and I never had a chance to see them very much. I would have to say there was no hard part of this job, I adapted nicely to all the required duties and I was able to keep up with schedules and production goals on a daily basis. A typical day for me would be to grab the fill sheet ( production schedule/goal) for me for the day. Start the inspection process of all the manifolds and pumps I would be using, grab the correct cylinders for the day, inspect them as I was preparing them to be filled by the proper pumps. – less
Great companies
Drop Ship Biller (Former Employee), Independence, OHOctober 21, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: not much to speak of
Great companies to work for. On the job training good and great bosses.
Excellent training, great company ethics, wonderful management
Plant and Billing Administrator (Former Employee), Billerica, MAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, room for growth
Fantastic company! I thoroughly enjoyed being part of the Airgas family. Management is fantastic, they provide you with all the tools you need to excel and grow within the company. Plenty of cross-training, so you never get bored with your position and always room to grow your skills and knowledge.
Management and Experience
Admin (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2013
The healthcare benefits are better than top 100 companies in my opinion. The culture of the company is about old school values. But just like any company it does get lost somewhere from top management to managers at locations. Managers are under a lot of pressure to make sure they meet the numbers that the message do not always come across the same. – more... The company does have an open door policy meaning you can email or call senior management without any hesitation. The pay is lower than most companies in this business but then they do make up for it by their healthcare benefits package. Even the pay is lower the experience that you may gain from this company may be more beneficial in the long run. The turnover is extremely high due to training and pay. – less
No room fer advancement,steady pay check
Production/route driver (Current Employee), Decatur, ALOctober 13, 2013
Pros: work on your own
Cons: cut lunch breaks wheather used or not, no room for promotions or advancement, must work outside in all wheather conditions, poor communication for top level.
Not for everyone,pay is good,managment is poor,promotions are not done fairly,good working condtions.
Out if touch corporate staff and long work hours
Manager (Current Employee), Lamirada,CAOctober 12, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours and out of touch corporate staff
I am a former employee of Airgas . The overall appeal of the company is their people . However, there are some management personnel within their corporate team that lacks the ability to relate to their work force at plant level. These managers travel on the companies dime and live high on the hog but squeeze every nickel out of the plants and certain – more... safety issues are overlooked. They talk a good game of safety but beat up managers on cost which pertains to safety. The pay is competiitive, the benefits are great but it is a company that doesn't value quality of work life and family life. – less
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Whittier, CAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: a bit unsensitive to elder employees.
I've gained experience working at Airgas. I was there for 10 years however I did not see myself growing there. Management somewhat changed over the years.
Not a place you wanna work!
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJOctober 6, 2013
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: everything about this company is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This company is run horribly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the mistakes management makes,if it were you or I we would"ve been fired.If management knew anything about what it takes to make a delivery maybe the company could run more efficiently!!!!!!!!!!!! How can a person route trucks that has no idea about any area that they"re routing?
Fun and interesting place to work!
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: hour long lunch
Prep, sort, and rearrange the warehouse flow for new products.

I've learned how coolant refrigerant is processed, packaged and sold to customers.

Knowledgeable management staff

Helpful co-workers

Enjoyed the learning experience!
good company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: reasonble pay
Cons: too many anges
fast paced distribution, high turn over in sales, warehouse is improving
WONDERFUL
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: repairing trucks
ENJOYED ALL THE CO WORKERS. ENJOYED THE JOB AND ALL THE PEOPLE I MET. ENJOYED LEARNING ALL ABOUT THE AMMONIA INDUSTRY, WOULD LOVE TO CONTINUE WORKING WITH SUCH WONDERFUL PEOPLE
Airgas company
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement opportunity
Scanning and billing company for Airgas sales, Small office and got to know lots of people there.
employes good,fun and productive,management not so good
Warehouse Manager/Dispatch/Customer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: employés
Cons: management
management has us vs employes mentality,once you start getting advanced they work to get ride of you,no long term employment with them,they will always tell you, " right to work state" You go to work hoping you still have a job.
MANY RESPONSIBILITIES
Class A Driver (Former Employee), WEST CHICAGO IL.September 10, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: healthcare
GOOD COMPANY GOOD BENEFITS PAID HOLIDAYS GREAT CO-WORKERS
Learned alot about differant gases
Filler (Former Employee), Elmira, NYSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: good benifits and great pay
Cons: management
I filled hydrogen cylanders. Had to make sure co-workers were safe and the product was safe.
Industry-leading stable, sales company
Specialty Gas Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2013
I enjoy the both the people I support as well as those that support me. Airgas has afforded me an opportunity to work in both operations and business development. My current role allows me to call on my technical knowledge from my experience in operations while best serving the needs of our customers and sales teams.
always on the go
Driver (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: satisfaction in making sure customers are happy
Cons: low pay for all the work done
Making sure all customers receive there products and satisfied.
Great company to work for
Lead Operator/ Backup Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: nothing bad to say about company
Very stable work, guaranteed 40hr/ week
benefit package is excellent
Career advancement and transferring opportunities are nationwide
I enjoyed working for Airgas.
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee), Salem, NHSeptember 3, 2013
Airgas is a great company. I would have remained there, but the company restructured and my position was relocated to Ohio.

About Airgas

Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and – Read more