Airgas

Airgas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor Management
B Operator (Current Employee), Augusta, GADecember 6, 2013
Not really a job that I would recommend to others. Supervisor is too concerned about himself than his fellow co-workers.
fun place to work, hard work
Laborer (Former Employee), Laurel, MDDecember 5, 2013
any ways to move up in this company, great company to work for, great co-worker and management. have to make sure the cylinder was done correctly, the pay was great.
Not a fun place to Work For
Account Manager (Former Employee), Whittier, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management, unrealistic goals and unhappy people
Airgas is not a fun place to work. You are not given the tools to do your job properly, there are many rules to follow and can be terminated for anyone of them. Its a sales enviornment where management has no sales experience. You are treated like an employee number.
I was on my own and was not mircro managed.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Suwanee, GANovember 11, 2013
On the road by 7am. Travel to the jobsite and since I was the Field Service Technician I worked alone on a lot of jobs. I had good relationships with my customers. I like a challenge and sometimes when working on older systems I would have to troubleshoot the system to find the problem.
When doing big installs I would work with another Airgas Field – more... Service Technician. We worked well with one another. I was always looking for new ways to do things. Even with the crane companies. I learned how to use a cutting torch more efficiently from this one rigger. I am always asking questions so that I can better myself. – less
Unprofessional and unhealthy
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GANovember 4, 2013
Pros: co workers are friendly
Cons: pay, work environment and managment
Supervisors and management create an unhealthy environment. They openly disrespect their employees and use foul language in what's supposed to be a "corporate" environment. The workload is like any other job, but having to deal with supervisors that are nasty and like to belittle you in public make the heavy workload unbearable.

I would not recommend – more... this place to anyone. From what I've heard from former employees and even recruiters is that Airgas is notorious for underpaying their employees and have a high turnover rate (I see why).

I am fortunate enough to have other options or else I would be miserable there. Please take my advice and run for the hills if you interview there or get an offer. – less
Poor management
Production Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 28, 2013
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: lack of management
Management cares nothing about you're well being. They only care about numbers and who they can brown nose to move up in the company. The preach safety, but when it comes to spending money to make the warehouse safer it'll never happen. The equipment is outdated and they won't hire more techs which is why the equipment is always breaking down.
Account Manager - Sales Great Lakes Region (Former Employee), Bay City, MIOctober 26, 2013
Outside Sales: Typical day was to call on customers, gain new accounts, and increase sales. I learned a lot about being a professional at Airgas. I still think of the co-workers I had there. I enjoy visiting their stores to buy something.
Worked in an authorized dealer and repair shop for Miller, Lincoln, Hobart, etc. that repaired the electronic aspects of welding machines to computer
Assistant Supervisor Shop Field Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2013
Diagnose and fix welding equipment.
trouble shooting.
Easy to work with.
Good to learn from.
Leaving for Intel.
Helping people.
bad compny
driver (Current Employee), Palmerton, PAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: paid by hour
Cons: managers have no respect for its employees, do not go to internal affairs with conscerns they only protect managers.
You make good money. But family & safety means nothing here. Like any big corp. its all about $ they preach safety but it means nothing only on paper.
Very big company with many advancements available
Cylinder filler (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 21, 2013
I started with this company as a graveyard loader. Which is where I loaded all the delivery trucks with filled gas cyliniders following a production schedule. I was then advanced to the swing shift filler where I filled compressed liquid and semi-liquid gas cylinders with a various different types of gases. I enjoyed worrking with my co-workers and – more... management at all times. I didnt like the hours I was working due to the fact that I do have a family and I never had a chance to see them very much. I would have to say there was no hard part of this job, I adapted nicely to all the required duties and I was able to keep up with schedules and production goals on a daily basis. A typical day for me would be to grab the fill sheet ( production schedule/goal) for me for the day. Start the inspection process of all the manifolds and pumps I would be using, grab the correct cylinders for the day, inspect them as I was preparing them to be filled by the proper pumps. – less
Great companies
Drop Ship Biller (Former Employee), Independence, OHOctober 21, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: not much to speak of
Great companies to work for. On the job training good and great bosses.
Excellent training, great company ethics, wonderful management
Plant and Billing Administrator (Former Employee), Billerica, MAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, room for growth
Fantastic company! I thoroughly enjoyed being part of the Airgas family. Management is fantastic, they provide you with all the tools you need to excel and grow within the company. Plenty of cross-training, so you never get bored with your position and always room to grow your skills and knowledge.
Management and Experience
Admin (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2013
The healthcare benefits are better than top 100 companies in my opinion. The culture of the company is about old school values. But just like any company it does get lost somewhere from top management to managers at locations. Managers are under a lot of pressure to make sure they meet the numbers that the message do not always come across the same. – more... The company does have an open door policy meaning you can email or call senior management without any hesitation. The pay is lower than most companies in this business but then they do make up for it by their healthcare benefits package. Even the pay is lower the experience that you may gain from this company may be more beneficial in the long run. The turnover is extremely high due to training and pay. – less
No room fer advancement,steady pay check
Production/route driver (Current Employee), Decatur, ALOctober 13, 2013
Pros: work on your own
Cons: cut lunch breaks wheather used or not, no room for promotions or advancement, must work outside in all wheather conditions, poor communication for top level.
Not for everyone,pay is good,managment is poor,promotions are not done fairly,good working condtions.
Out if touch corporate staff and long work hours
Manager (Current Employee), Lamirada,CAOctober 12, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours and out of touch corporate staff
I am a former employee of Airgas . The overall appeal of the company is their people . However, there are some management personnel within their corporate team that lacks the ability to relate to their work force at plant level. These managers travel on the companies dime and live high on the hog but squeeze every nickel out of the plants and certain – more... safety issues are overlooked. They talk a good game of safety but beat up managers on cost which pertains to safety. The pay is competiitive, the benefits are great but it is a company that doesn't value quality of work life and family life. – less
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Whittier, CAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: a bit unsensitive to elder employees.
I've gained experience working at Airgas. I was there for 10 years however I did not see myself growing there. Management somewhat changed over the years.
Not a place you wanna work!
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJOctober 6, 2013
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: everything about this company is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This company is run horribly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the mistakes management makes,if it were you or I we would"ve been fired.If management knew anything about what it takes to make a delivery maybe the company could run more efficiently!!!!!!!!!!!! How can a person route trucks that has no idea about any area that they"re routing?
Fun and interesting place to work!
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: hour long lunch
Prep, sort, and rearrange the warehouse flow for new products.

I've learned how coolant refrigerant is processed, packaged and sold to customers.

Knowledgeable management staff

Helpful co-workers

Enjoyed the learning experience!
good company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: reasonble pay
Cons: too many anges
fast paced distribution, high turn over in sales, warehouse is improving
WONDERFUL
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: repairing trucks
ENJOYED ALL THE CO WORKERS. ENJOYED THE JOB AND ALL THE PEOPLE I MET. ENJOYED LEARNING ALL ABOUT THE AMMONIA INDUSTRY, WOULD LOVE TO CONTINUE WORKING WITH SUCH WONDERFUL PEOPLE

About Airgas

Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and – Read more