Airgas

Airgas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
easy job
Driver (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs,CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: easy going job
Cons: lack of opportunities for advancement
direct store delivery to customers, hardest part is lifting the blocks of dry ice all day, overall not a very strenuous job
Great work place culture.
Buyer (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: short breaks
Great work environment. Everyone has individual stores assigned to them, but we also work as a team. This is the place where I learned how to be a a better team player and it has been really been quite enjoyable to work for.
I would prefer not to review this company
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 17, 2014
the job was ok, but the location was awful.

The supervisor I had was a good person and I would work for her again.
Safety tech
site safety services-Safety Technician (Current Employee), pasadena texasFebruary 15, 2014
doing safety audits
cleaning safety equipment
inspect safety equipment
learned lots of safety about gases et equipment
Counter/phone sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Marshalltown, IAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: had classes et conventions for the business
Cons: sometimes short-handed due to people calling in sick
maintained clean office, ordered supplies, counter sales. good co-workers and management. hardest part of job answering phones when very busy. most enjoyable part of job was getting to interact with customers.
Teamwork and resources to make the workplace a fun place to work
Commercial Specialist (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: never a day is the same. different issues arise and you have to deal with them
Cons: no growth for me in this company, no room to move ahead to better myself
A typical day at work for me would be analizing product data, quotes, inside sales related functions, customer service for our national accounts, supply chain management with our facilities. I work with planning, distribution, and inventory control to mak sure the products needed are ready to be sold. I provide forecast demand with our products to ensure – more... the market flucuations are in line with our sales. Our Management is very supportive and open to answer questions and issues. My co workers have been a pleasure to work with, and all of our personalities are similar. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is providing outstanding service to multi million dollar national accounts and being able to multi-task with all variations of our companies. The most enjoyable part of work would be my teammates, our great sales team, and the ability to solve problems by utilizing each one's specific talents – less
corporate doesnt care
branch manager (Former Employee), north dakotaJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: very poor upper management
Corporate cares only about numbers not people they never listen to employees its all what upper management says
got along with people i worked with
cylinderfiller (Former Employee), Poca, WVJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: very dangerous
my job was to fill cylinders operate forklifts and retest cylinders
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 7, 2014
Consisted of collections of business accounts that surpassed One million dollars. Updated the daily log to and implementing changes or applying credits to the customer accounts.
fast paced, constant change, work empowered, rewarding
Store Manager/Plant Manager (Former Employee), Grand Junction, CODecember 27, 2013
Pros: upward mobile company
Cons: old habits die hard
A very safety conscience company , training consistant with ongoing changing business with newest and most effective methology. constant training on customer service awareness. open store and plant for operations, call all employees together for safety meeting prior to work day start, meet and greet public, evaluate employee performance, handle any – more... customer greivance, assist employees in handeling and settleing any disagreements. – less
Great Company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 23, 2013
Great company to work for. Wonderful benefits and good pay.
Stay AWAY
driver (Former Employee), coloradoDecember 19, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything
Co-workers great, management sucks.
They fire good employees at a drop of the hat .
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Asset Management Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 14, 2013
Pros: family friendly
Cons: lack of a career path
A typical day at work, consist of reviewing abnormal activity from about 20 branches that resulted in customer asset discrepancies. These issues may result in customer been credited rent or paying addition amount due to errors. In addition a track my branch dally asset to prepare our company quarterly inventory. I have learned to communicate effectively – more... with branches to understand their concern in order to better resolve their individual issues. Also, I have a better understanding of the welding industry. The management team is friendly and listens to your need. They also will help you determine the best career path in the industry. I have 5 co-workers and with work as a team helping each other resolves the task at hand, especially when it comes to conduct all business activities by month end. We also celebrate each other birthday and Christmas. We enjoy each other company overall. The hardest part of the job is analyzing multiple source of information to better determine a course of action to help our branches or a particular customer concern. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that at the end of the day you have save the company money and that our customer and branches are in alignment with what our business report is reflecting. In addition is coming to work in a friendly atmosphere. – less
A HazMat Community
Driver (Former Employee), Renton, WADecember 13, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no room for 'grey area'.
Airgas is a growing company. The HazMat industry is dead serious, with no room for 'grey area'.
Great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 12, 2013
Comfortable environment, great benefits, employees are given a lot of opportunities to further their careers.
Undesireable
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Levittown, PADecember 12, 2013
Pros: good customers, good training
Cons: awful management, corporate doesn't care
This job was great in the beginning, too good infact. Overtime things became more "corporate" and the benefits and bonuses became less and less. Management became more of a micro managing experience and none of them had the proper experience to do so. They did not know how to be fair to everyone on their teams.

Co-workers may have been the best part – more... of it. There was drama, more so with specific people who seemed to get away with everything.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with management, they were a tight-knit group, the open door policy ceased to exist.

The best part of the job was the customers, they made the job easier, for the most part. – less
GREAT COMPANY
CDL Class B Regional Driver (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJDecember 9, 2013
WORKING OUTSIDE HEAVY LIFTING LONG HOURS DRIVING. HELPING CUSTOMERS WITH ORDERS.
Poor Management
B Operator (Current Employee), Augusta, GADecember 6, 2013
Not really a job that I would recommend to others. Supervisor is too concerned about himself than his fellow co-workers.
Poor Management
B Operator (Current Employee), Augusta, GADecember 6, 2013
fun place to work, hard work
Laborer (Former Employee), Laurel, MDDecember 5, 2013
any ways to move up in this company, great company to work for, great co-worker and management. have to make sure the cylinder was done correctly, the pay was great.

About Airgas

Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and – Read more