Airgas

Airgas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced, constant change, work empowered, rewarding
Store Manager/Plant Manager (Former Employee), Grand Junction, CODecember 27, 2013
Pros: upward mobile company
Cons: old habits die hard
A very safety conscience company , training consistant with ongoing changing business with newest and most effective methology. constant training on customer service awareness. open store and plant for operations, call all employees together for safety meeting prior to work day start, meet and greet public, evaluate employee performance, handle any – more... customer greivance, assist employees in handeling and settleing any disagreements. – less
Great Company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 23, 2013
Great company to work for. Wonderful benefits and good pay.
Stay AWAY
driver (Former Employee), coloradoDecember 19, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything
Co-workers great, management sucks.
They fire good employees at a drop of the hat .
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Asset Management Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 14, 2013
Pros: family friendly
Cons: lack of a career path
A typical day at work, consist of reviewing abnormal activity from about 20 branches that resulted in customer asset discrepancies. These issues may result in customer been credited rent or paying addition amount due to errors. In addition a track my branch dally asset to prepare our company quarterly inventory. I have learned to communicate effectively – more... with branches to understand their concern in order to better resolve their individual issues. Also, I have a better understanding of the welding industry. The management team is friendly and listens to your need. They also will help you determine the best career path in the industry. I have 5 co-workers and with work as a team helping each other resolves the task at hand, especially when it comes to conduct all business activities by month end. We also celebrate each other birthday and Christmas. We enjoy each other company overall. The hardest part of the job is analyzing multiple source of information to better determine a course of action to help our branches or a particular customer concern. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that at the end of the day you have save the company money and that our customer and branches are in alignment with what our business report is reflecting. In addition is coming to work in a friendly atmosphere. – less
A HazMat Community
Driver (Former Employee), Renton, WADecember 13, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no room for 'grey area'.
Airgas is a growing company. The HazMat industry is dead serious, with no room for 'grey area'.
Great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 12, 2013
Comfortable environment, great benefits, employees are given a lot of opportunities to further their careers.
Undesireable
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Levittown, PADecember 12, 2013
Pros: good customers, good training
Cons: awful management, corporate doesn't care
This job was great in the beginning, too good infact. Overtime things became more "corporate" and the benefits and bonuses became less and less. Management became more of a micro managing experience and none of them had the proper experience to do so. They did not know how to be fair to everyone on their teams.

Co-workers may have been the best part – more... of it. There was drama, more so with specific people who seemed to get away with everything.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with management, they were a tight-knit group, the open door policy ceased to exist.

The best part of the job was the customers, they made the job easier, for the most part. – less
GREAT COMPANY
CDL Class B Regional Driver (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJDecember 9, 2013
WORKING OUTSIDE HEAVY LIFTING LONG HOURS DRIVING. HELPING CUSTOMERS WITH ORDERS.
Poor Management
B Operator (Current Employee), Augusta, GADecember 6, 2013
Not really a job that I would recommend to others. Supervisor is too concerned about himself than his fellow co-workers.
Poor Management
B Operator (Current Employee), Augusta, GADecember 6, 2013
fun place to work, hard work
Laborer (Former Employee), Laurel, MDDecember 5, 2013
any ways to move up in this company, great company to work for, great co-worker and management. have to make sure the cylinder was done correctly, the pay was great.
Not a fun place to Work For
Account Manager (Former Employee), Whittier, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management, unrealistic goals and unhappy people
Airgas is not a fun place to work. You are not given the tools to do your job properly, there are many rules to follow and can be terminated for anyone of them. Its a sales enviornment where management has no sales experience. You are treated like an employee number.
I was on my own and was not mircro managed.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Suwanee, GANovember 11, 2013
On the road by 7am. Travel to the jobsite and since I was the Field Service Technician I worked alone on a lot of jobs. I had good relationships with my customers. I like a challenge and sometimes when working on older systems I would have to troubleshoot the system to find the problem.
When doing big installs I would work with another Airgas Field – more... Service Technician. We worked well with one another. I was always looking for new ways to do things. Even with the crane companies. I learned how to use a cutting torch more efficiently from this one rigger. I am always asking questions so that I can better myself. – less
Unprofessional and unhealthy
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GANovember 4, 2013
Pros: co workers are friendly
Cons: pay, work environment and managment
Supervisors and management create an unhealthy environment. They openly disrespect their employees and use foul language in what's supposed to be a "corporate" environment. The workload is like any other job, but having to deal with supervisors that are nasty and like to belittle you in public make the heavy workload unbearable.

I would not recommend – more... this place to anyone. From what I've heard from former employees and even recruiters is that Airgas is notorious for underpaying their employees and have a high turnover rate (I see why).

I am fortunate enough to have other options or else I would be miserable there. Please take my advice and run for the hills if you interview there or get an offer. – less
Poor management
Production Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 28, 2013
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: lack of management
Management cares nothing about you're well being. They only care about numbers and who they can brown nose to move up in the company. The preach safety, but when it comes to spending money to make the warehouse safer it'll never happen. The equipment is outdated and they won't hire more techs which is why the equipment is always breaking down.
Account Manager - Sales Great Lakes Region (Former Employee), Bay City, MIOctober 26, 2013
Outside Sales: Typical day was to call on customers, gain new accounts, and increase sales. I learned a lot about being a professional at Airgas. I still think of the co-workers I had there. I enjoy visiting their stores to buy something.
Worked in an authorized dealer and repair shop for Miller, Lincoln, Hobart, etc. that repaired the electronic aspects of welding machines to computer
Assistant Supervisor Shop Field Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2013
Diagnose and fix welding equipment.
trouble shooting.
Easy to work with.
Good to learn from.
Leaving for Intel.
Helping people.
bad compny
driver (Current Employee), Palmerton, PAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: paid by hour
Cons: managers have no respect for its employees, do not go to internal affairs with conscerns they only protect managers.
You make good money. But family & safety means nothing here. Like any big corp. its all about $ they preach safety but it means nothing only on paper.
Very big company with many advancements available
Cylinder filler (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 21, 2013
I started with this company as a graveyard loader. Which is where I loaded all the delivery trucks with filled gas cyliniders following a production schedule. I was then advanced to the swing shift filler where I filled compressed liquid and semi-liquid gas cylinders with a various different types of gases. I enjoyed worrking with my co-workers and – more... management at all times. I didnt like the hours I was working due to the fact that I do have a family and I never had a chance to see them very much. I would have to say there was no hard part of this job, I adapted nicely to all the required duties and I was able to keep up with schedules and production goals on a daily basis. A typical day for me would be to grab the fill sheet ( production schedule/goal) for me for the day. Start the inspection process of all the manifolds and pumps I would be using, grab the correct cylinders for the day, inspect them as I was preparing them to be filled by the proper pumps. – less
Great companies
Drop Ship Biller (Former Employee), Independence, OHOctober 21, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: not much to speak of
Great companies to work for. On the job training good and great bosses.

About Airgas

Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and – Read more