Airgas

Airgas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work environment
SAP SD consultant (Former Employee), Radnor, PAMay 5, 2014
Great place to work with nice and supportive professionals. Learned a great aspect of the gas and safety supplies industry.
Everyday way a challenge, but that was what I liked.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 28, 2014
Always wide open from the time i got to work. I learned alot of patience. All of my co-workers were great. The management was less to be desired.
Hardest part of my job was going to work everyday with a smile and knowing that management was going to be hard to deal with, but that was part of it. I loved my job.
Most enjoyable part was the co-workers.
It was a great experience for being a temporary position.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 24, 2014
I crossed trained in all areas of the company. It was really great working with the employees. I assisted in helping the Payroll Dept., the Accounts Payable Dept., and helped out the Staff Accountants.
A great place to be! Because they care!
Assistant to Regional Cryogenics Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: flexible, encouraging = you want to do your best!
Cons: couldn't find a thing wrong.
All employees were encouraged to NOT isolate other employees, thereby attrition was at a minimum. A group of good people equals a great team at Airgas USA!
Good co-workers
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee), Bristol, PAApril 15, 2014
Very good place to learn
Different positions to advance
Helpful co-workers
Arrived early
Worst Mgmnt team I've ever worked for
Outside Sales and rentals (Former Employee), Dallas TexasApril 14, 2014
Pros: customers know the airgas name
Cons: no training
This company has no training and is the most mgmnt heavy company I've ever worked for in my 15 years of selling. Micro mgmnt is the culture here and good people are fired at the drop of a hat.
not very productive ....bad management
Route Driver (Current Employee), Selma, ALApril 13, 2014
management always riding your back and no matter what it is never enough
Horrbile Managment From Top to Bottom
Production Operator (Former Employee), Port Allen, LouisianaApril 11, 2014
Pros: worklife balance
Cons: pay, lazy management, unqualified employees
Airgas was probably the worst managed company I have ever worked from in all sections. The pay was extremely Low, they hire unqualified people to get the job done and they wonder why the turnover rate is through the roof at this location. Equipment broken, lies being told everyday, coworkers mad at each other management don't even know whats going on – more... in the plant. – less
management at its worst
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Elk Grove, ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: learn a lot about gasses and analytical equipment
Cons: management
My typical day at work consisted of coming in and checking my emails and analyzing any product that needed to be on a truck leaving that morning. Once I had done that, I had to basically plan out what to analyze in order of due date. Along with analysis of the different gas products i had to inventory multiple products, manage other workers, distribute – more... work orders, solve any issues my manager wasn't able to solve, and basically do part of his job because he wasn't the most competent person for the job. Management did not follow the own rules they set and were always after somebody if they did not like them. They were not fair with the workers workloads. Some had to get a lot done in one shift while others stood around talking to each other. The hardest part of the job was watching management failing to do their job and be fair with everybody. The most enjoyable part of the job was my lunchbreak. – less
Excellent company but no room for advancement
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2014
Airgas is a big family. People really seem to look out for one another and friendships are easy to make. Productivity is the most import aspect of this company and is stressed but not over done. At Airgas you will easily spend your entire career because of Job safety--so long as they don't need to do cut-backs. However, advancement will be difficult – more... because most positions only open if that person retires. Another flaw is how they judge success. You will have to walk on water to be seen as an exceptional employee in your yearly review. This does not seem to be a problem with management but with the way the forms are designed for yearly review. Overall, they are a fair with employees and expect the same from you. – less
poor management
Driver (Former Employee), Albert Lea, MNApril 8, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours and equipment
not stable, not much for leadership, didn't have working trucks
Run!! Worst place to work!!
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GaMarch 27, 2014
Cons: ignorant supervisors, low pay, unprofessional environment
The management is very unprofessional!! Hostile working environment. I had the most incompetent supervisor ever!!! Very high turnover! The pay sucks for everything they want you to do!! This place is a sweatshop! Please do not waste your time working here!
Training Department was enjoyable, productive, professional atmosphere
Region Trainer (Former Employee), Salem, NHMarch 15, 2014
As a trainer was exposed to many great people within the organization. Management was professional, personable, supportive, and goal-oriented.
Productive, fun and team building
AR Specialist- Mid South Region Accounts (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks or no breaks
A busy day at work listen to voice message, answer emails, attending meeting and work daily tasks.
easy job
Driver (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs,CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: easy going job
Cons: lack of opportunities for advancement
direct store delivery to customers, hardest part is lifting the blocks of dry ice all day, overall not a very strenuous job
Great work place culture.
Buyer (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: short breaks
Great work environment. Everyone has individual stores assigned to them, but we also work as a team. This is the place where I learned how to be a a better team player and it has been really been quite enjoyable to work for.
I would prefer not to review this company
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 17, 2014
the job was ok, but the location was awful.

The supervisor I had was a good person and I would work for her again.
Safety tech
site safety services-Safety Technician (Current Employee), pasadena texasFebruary 15, 2014
doing safety audits
cleaning safety equipment
inspect safety equipment
learned lots of safety about gases et equipment
Counter/phone sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Marshalltown, IAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: had classes et conventions for the business
Cons: sometimes short-handed due to people calling in sick
maintained clean office, ordered supplies, counter sales. good co-workers and management. hardest part of job answering phones when very busy. most enjoyable part of job was getting to interact with customers.
Teamwork and resources to make the workplace a fun place to work
Commercial Specialist (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: never a day is the same. different issues arise and you have to deal with them
Cons: no growth for me in this company, no room to move ahead to better myself
A typical day at work for me would be analizing product data, quotes, inside sales related functions, customer service for our national accounts, supply chain management with our facilities. I work with planning, distribution, and inventory control to mak sure the products needed are ready to be sold. I provide forecast demand with our products to ensure – more... the market flucuations are in line with our sales. Our Management is very supportive and open to answer questions and issues. My co workers have been a pleasure to work with, and all of our personalities are similar. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is providing outstanding service to multi million dollar national accounts and being able to multi-task with all variations of our companies. The most enjoyable part of work would be my teammates, our great sales team, and the ability to solve problems by utilizing each one's specific talents – less

About Airgas

Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and – Read more