Airgas

Airgas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Growing Company
Account Manager (Current Employee), CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: pay, support
I have found a lot of turnover since I started with Airgas. It concerns me that I have not made the money I was promised when I was hired.
A++++ for Airgas!
HR (Current Employee), CorporateJuly 18, 2014
Pros: smart business plan, supportive managers, trusting envrionment, entreprenurial spirit
Cons: not enough time in the day to get through all of the exciting work!
Never have I felt better about my work than when I came to Airgas and have since flourished in my skillsets tenfold. The company trusts you from day one and gives you the resources to get the job done while promoting your education and growth along the way.

The company was founded personally by our Executive Chairman and since the 400+ mergers and – more... acquisitions that we've done since the 80's, the company still upholds that "entreprenurial spirit" where good ideas always prevail and you are the owner of your work projects.

I absolutely love what I do here and encourage many others to jump on board with the Airgas team...it is certainly a great choice. – less
Very fun place to work, People get along well
Quality Control Manager / Operator / Technician (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJuly 16, 2014
At Airgas work is fun because of the people I work with everyday, I learned alot of stuff about how the process work with Air Separation Unit and how the company handle business. I think the hardest part is when we have to travel for weeks/months and we don't know when are we coming back, we do this because the facility where I work is shutdown because – more... of low demands. The most enjoyable part is the training and learning, everyday you learn different stuff and it doesn't stop which I love. I love and enjoy learning. – less
fun to work with
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE II (Former Employee), coppell texasJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch on holidays
Cons: lunch and first break is only 45 min apart
hours is from 10;00am to finish learn to be a team player but some of the supervisor doesn't know what there doing,most of the co worker are helpful hardest part is packing those big parts but overall its fun to work with
enjoy the work out
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Anderson, INJune 25, 2014
Pros: stay busy makes the day go faster
Cons: many hats to wear
from deliveries to customers at the counter to sales you learn it all at airgas setting you up for manager
Pay and Benefits Okay, not much chance for advancement
Hazmat Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJune 19, 2014
Pros: vacation and sick leave time
Cons: overwored not enough help
I like Airgas and the stability it provides. I wish their was more chance for advancement for Drivers.
Airgas
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), HoustonJune 12, 2014
Cons: not much room for advancement
Great company to work for, I have no complaints....co workers are personable and management is fair.
Great company to work for
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 12, 2014
New learning experience working for Airgas. The supervisors there was the best i ever worked for.
Good Learning Experience
Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2014
Typically would come in and follow up on some of the previous days work and on certain issues to see its progress. Reach out to other customer about any issues they are experiencing with their billing and why Airgas is not being paid.
Management is not the greatest. The credit and collections department has a micro managing style of managing their people, – more... making it hard to really spread your wings and excel.
Co-workers were great. Great people to work with.
Hardest part of the job is moving up and growing within the company.
Most enjoyable part was getting to speak to all the different Airgas employees across the region on a daily basis and building relationships with them and the customers. – less
challenge
Security supervisor swing shift (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMay 25, 2014
it was a challenge to work in air gas company , there were more break ins because the demand for gas cylinders is high. the hardest part was patrolling inside the warehouse full of gas cylinders and inhaling all the smell from gas.
Run
Driver (Former Employee), IAMay 24, 2014
Pros: nice newer truck.
Cons: everything else
This place is a train wreak, too many managers. They promise nice routes, only to have double the stops you can do in a 8 hr day. You are threaten from day one with write ups or being fired. Most locations have a low employee morale, and was told you will only be here 5 yrs before you quit Co workers where not helpful at all while training. Sales rep – more... was lazy and didn't understand delivery process. this location has had a very high turn over in the last 2-3 years. Trust these reviews, I didn't, and they are right, its a horrible place to work – less
Great company
Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 21, 2014
Airgas is a great company to work for. I have been given the opportunity to learn and develop many skills working here.
No company/employee fun activities
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee), San Carlos, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: stable position
Cons: short breaks & long hours
Since it is a tough job & as a delivery truck driver, a long hours is required
Less than desireable
Account Executive (Former Employee), Levittown, PAMay 16, 2014
Pros: benefits are inexpensive, uncapped commissions, can make great money here, contests, lots of free food.
Cons: management, micromanaged work, know freedom to do things the efficient way, high goals
This job was great when I first started, after a couple of years the "taking care of our own" feeling went away. Don't expect anyone to care. People are written up for things that do not happen and it doesn't matter what you say or how long you are there, no one cares what you can do because you are replaceable and they make that known.
Professional, yet laid back office
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Salina, KSMay 5, 2014
Pros: friendly and very helpful
Cons: position is no longer available for me to go back
Great company to work for. I wish I could have stayed longer. Everyone there is very friendly and easy to get along with.
Great work environment
SAP SD consultant (Former Employee), Radnor, PAMay 5, 2014
Great place to work with nice and supportive professionals. Learned a great aspect of the gas and safety supplies industry.
Everyday way a challenge, but that was what I liked.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 28, 2014
Always wide open from the time i got to work. I learned alot of patience. All of my co-workers were great. The management was less to be desired.
Hardest part of my job was going to work everyday with a smile and knowing that management was going to be hard to deal with, but that was part of it. I loved my job.
Most enjoyable part was the co-workers.
It was a great experience for being a temporary position.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 24, 2014
I crossed trained in all areas of the company. It was really great working with the employees. I assisted in helping the Payroll Dept., the Accounts Payable Dept., and helped out the Staff Accountants.
A great place to be! Because they care!
Assistant to Regional Cryogenics Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: flexible, encouraging = you want to do your best!
Cons: couldn't find a thing wrong.
All employees were encouraged to NOT isolate other employees, thereby attrition was at a minimum. A group of good people equals a great team at Airgas USA!
Good co-workers
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee), Bristol, PAApril 15, 2014
Very good place to learn
Different positions to advance
Helpful co-workers
Arrived early

1 2 3 4 5

About Airgas

Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and – Read more