LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
SUMMARY OF POSITION/ POSITION DUTIES:
1. Technical report writing, finite element analysis skills for detailed stress analysis and review of mechanical components are required. Component/part sourcing vendor validation and associated specification generation and compliance skills are required.
2. Self starting organizational, written and verbal communication skills in fluent English are required. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to obtain a classified (SECRET) security clearance.
3. Knowledge of Military, Government and Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) regulations and their impact on design and analysis (i.e., certification, qualification).
4. Perform structural analysis of primary and secondary structure and systems. Independently develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems with solutions that are imaginative, thorough, and practical and consistent with organization objectives.
5. Work will be performed under general direction and reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Ensure that engineering meets all applicable regulatory requirements and company's design criteria.
6. Candidate must have evidence to show they are capable of performing detailed stress analysis using standard industry tools (Nastran, etc.).
7. Candidate must have evidence to show they are capable of performing detailed solid modeling using standard industry tools (Solidworks, Catia, etc.).
8. Candidate must have structures engineering experience and have a minimum of 15 years of overall airplane experience. Composites and fracture mechanics experience is a plus.
9. Candidate must be able to plan and organize their time to work productively and efficiently while being able to adjust to multiple demands. Good teaming and communication skills required. Strong mechanical aptitude and Team leadership experience is required. Strong communication skills and proficiency with standard PC desktop applications is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Aeronautical Engineering Degree and/or Mechanical Engineering Degree with 15 years experience and supporting references.
CERTIFICATES / RATINGS REQUIRED: Masters or Bachelor degree in aerospace mechanical and/or structures, or related degree