Join the Excitement!
The Airdrie 2014 Alberta Summer Games Society is looking
for a Games Manager for the 2014 Alberta Summer Games.
If you have experience or interest in organizing pinnacle
events involving youth sports, you will want to consider this
The successful candidate for this full-time position will be
responsible for the management of the office staff and all
aspects of the 2014 Alberta Summer Games, being hosted
in Airdrie. With the leadership of the Executive Committee
and under the direct supervision of the Director of Administration,
you will be responsible for creating a legacy event.
Responsibilities would include management of staff and
fiscal responsibilities for a $2 million budget.
Ideally, you will have experience with the organization of
sporting events, including liaison with volunteers in the
communities. Although not a requirement, preference will
be given to those candidates who possess a diploma or
degree in Recreation or Physical Education, and those
individuals with management experience.
With a competitive starting salary you can help create a
sporting event that will benefit youth across Alberta. The
term for the position will start upon availability, and run
until approximately August 31, 2014.
If you are an outgoing individual who wants a fun and
rewarding experience, come and join the 2014 Alberta
Summer Games Team.
Please forward your resume and three references to:
Director of Administration
Airdrie 2014 Alberta Summer Games
Suite 126, 203-304 Main Street Square
Airdrie, AB T4B 3C3
Closing date for applications is April 20, 2013
JOB DESCRIPTION - GAMES MANAGER
The Games Manager is responsible for the implementation, integration, and
coordination of all aspects of the Games on a day-to-day basis, as directed by the
Board of Directors to ensure the successful hosting of the Games.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and integrate all Games activities in cooperation with the Games
Directors to prevent gaps or conflicts in planning and to ensure relevant
information is exchanged.
- Develop a Games timeline and Games budget in cooperation with the Board of
- Recommend policies and procedures to the Board.
- Develop a Games staffing plan for approval by the Board of Directors and hire
Games staff in coordination with the Directors.
- Manage the Games office and staff to ensure appropriate resources and
assistance are provided to the Games volunteers, as required.
- Monitor all aspects of Games planning to ensure timelines, budgets, polices
and procedures are maintained.
- Act as a resource person to the Directors and their committees.
- Serve on the Board as a non-voting member.
- Provide regular reports to the Board regarding the progress of Games planning
and identify issues or areas of concern.
- Liaise with the Alberta Sport Recreation Parks and Wildlife Foundation, local
provincial and municipal representatives, and other community groups, as
- Prepare a final report and compile final reports from all Directors, Chairs, and
- Diploma or degree in Recreation or Physical Education
- Minimum of two years experience managing staff
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for transportation
- Willing to work some evening and weekend hours related to the planning and
implementation of the 2014 Alberta Summer Games in Airdrie.
- Computer experience
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong Public Relations
- Supervisory & Scheduling Experience (would be an asset)
- Primary: Director of Administration