Aird & Berlis LLP is a prominent Canadian law firm with a well-established local, national and international practice. Located in the heart of Toronto’s Bay Street financial district, right across from Union Station, the firm of Aird & Berlis LLP comprises a diverse group of more than 150 of Canada’s most talented lawyers.
Aird & Berlis LLP proudly provides a friendly, team-oriented working environment for all lawyers and staff. We are a dedicated group of individuals who care about each other, the work we produce and the client service we provide. We go to great lengths to foster a professional, supportive environment for all firm members so you can focus on the important things: client service, your career and your life.
We are currently seeking the following:
Aird & Berlis LLP is seeking a creative individual for the role of Graphic Designer to work within their downtown Toronto office. Working alongside a vibrant and team-oriented Marketing Department, this position reports to the Marketing Manager.
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for translating marketing objectives into creative strategies, designs and plans. Responsibilities will include the creation, development and production of collateral materials, advertisements, presentations, newsletters, pitch material and assorted graphics needs. Applying a strong understanding of corporate branding, the applicant will be comfortable working within brand guidelines and understand the line between creative expression and corporate reality.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful and have impeccable design and leadership skills.
- Work with the Marketing team members to create and design high quality external communication and business development collateral including advertisements, presentation materials, brochures, newsletters and special event collateral including invitations, signage, presentation templates and other projects as required
- Ensure consistency and set design parameters and stylistic guidelines consistent with our brand
- Ability to think creatively within deadlines and pay acute attention to detail
- Brainstorm and sketch out concept
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography and video
- Prepare final files for hand-off to printers and suppliers. This includes selecting and managing external vendors for printing as required
- Maintain excellent time management skills
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas
- Multitasking, ability to work on more than one design brief at a time
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in the application of desktop publishing and to explore new and cost -effective methods of graphic design generally
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree or college diploma in graphic design, art or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a corporate environment, preferably within professional services
- Exceptional aesthetic sense and intuitive understanding of design principle and attention to detail
- Exceptional in design programs such as the Adobe CS6 family (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and Flash
- Knowledge of Vuture (CRM add-on software) desirable
- Sound understanding of design for print and print techniques/processes and online media
- Extremely organized, flexible, resilient with project management capability, able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines with little supervision
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills, creative, communication, planning and organizing
- Must absolutely be a team player
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in a great working environment. Aird & Berlis LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Thank you to all of those who apply, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. Aird & Berlis LLP retains all resumes for a maximum period of one year.