Air Transat Employee Reviews

journée de travail atypique
Coordonnatrice de vols et service aux escales, PSS (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2017
horaire établit en fonctions des besoins opérationnels
bel environnement de travail et dynamique d'équipe professionnelle et d'expérience.
Air Transat Reviews
Flight Attendant / Flight Director (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2017
My experience with Air Transat was a good one, but I didn't have good job security. This is why I gave it an overall rating of 3/5.
There is limited career growth out west, so best to relocated to Toronto or Montreal
Pros
good crew and supportive managment
Cons
long days, lots of lay offs
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
I love working for this company. Being a flight attendant you get paid to travel the world, it is an amazing learning experience. You get to meet so many amazing people.
Ticket Passenger Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC28 February 2017
Assist passengers with their reservation. Boarded passengers unto their flight. Diversity in the workplace. Team work was very strong. Customers were usually satisfied and content.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
salary
Fun family to work for
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Everybody who works at Air Transat all genuinely look happy to be a part of the Transat family. They all know each other by first name basis and you don't just feel like an extra number when working for them. They care and will always listen to your needs.
Productive and fun workplace
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON7 February 2017
Great atmosphere with very personable coworkers. Maintaining and using a high level of safe and security related duties, as well as providing exceptional customer service to a variety of passengers from all around the world. The culture at work is dynamic, our colleagues possess all kinds of different abilities that bonded us all with the love for travel and experience. Sometimes the hardest part are the long hours and time changes. But by far the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting so many different types of people who I connect with on many different levels, seeing places around the world that I normally wouldn't have had the chance to do on a regular basis. Learning about different cultures, lifestyles and people.
Charter Airline
Flight Attendant / Flight Director (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2017
Air Transat is a good company to work for. They provide a solid training and work life balance. However, junior flight attendants may be put on reserve and be faced with lay offs from time to time.
It may be hard to budget for rent and other life expenses with this kind of instability.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
frequent lay offs
Amazing experience overall
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On6 December 2016
Being a flight attendant has brought me unique experiences. I've had the chance to visit many countries and made long lasting friendships. I've learned a lot about being on a plane during emergency and non-emergency situations.
environnement de travail
Technicienne ressources humaine (Former Employee) –  Montréal16 November 2016
L'environnement de travail chez Transat est très agréable.

Beaucoup d'entraide entre employés et c'est très agréable de travailler pour eux.
Fun place and very good team
Agent post-réservation/Assistance aéroportuaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2016
I learn to manage with all kind of people as fast as possible because I had to manage with all kind of situation directly at the airport. I love to work and find solution to make the customers happy. It was a good place to work with positive coworkers. It is a center open 24/24 7 days a week, so working until 23pm was not my favorite part. Especially when the schedule is always a new one. I had to take it week by week, almost day by day. I did it and I will always ready to do it, if I am really into my job. The thing was, I was working on the phone and I am the kind of person who needs to work with people. I need to communicate ideas, projects, sales in real, face to face. It was a very good company to discover new countries, new culture and I learned a lot of things, because of my coworkers who come from all over the world.
Pros
very good advantage for travelling
Cons
salary and schedule
Fun place numerous of work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
This was a great place to work at. The pay was good, there is a numerous amount of work to be done, your always busy and the pay is good. This is a great environment to get great work experience and learn from the management
Environnement agréable et productif.
Réceptionniste (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC19 April 2016
Service de la paie

• Recevoir et traiter les demandes d’explications du calcul et montants des paies.
• Recevoir, compiler et regrouper par comptes de dépenses les factures du personnel.
• Effectuer l’entrée de données des déductions d’assurances.
• Commander la papeterie du département.

Centrale des bagages

• Recevoir, enregistrer et traiter les appels de plaintes et de réclamations.
• Vérifier et retracer les vols utilisés par les passagers.
• Tenir le registre des objets perdus par les voyageurs.
• Préparer des envois de lettres et de colis.
• Effectuer diverses tâches de bureautique.
Pros
Bons avantages sociaux.
Cons
Insécurité d'emploi.
Taking care of safety and comfort
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2016
A typical day will start with a crew briefing where we all meet and discuss the flight to come. Taking care of the passenger's comfort and safety is our number one priority. Many different people come on board with different levels of stress, travel purposes and medical conditions. I was trained to reassure the nervous one and to know how to react in case of an abnormal situation. I have been working with different crews everyday for the past five years. Team work is very important as we have many responsibilities on board. Throughout the years working in a confined environment with different co-workers and passengers, I have learned that every problem has its solution. Keeping calm truly does help one to take clear decisions and also helps the people around to stay focus.
Air Transat is a great company to work for as it has standards that are oriented on great service and prompt attitude. The hardest part of my work would be the long hours keeping me away from my family. The best part is creating memories with them and others while taking my passes to travel.
Pros
inexpensive travels, choice of days off
Cons
long hours, lack of sleep, missing personal time
Très bonne expérience
Agent de bord (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 October 2015
Bien que l'on vive un stress intense concernant les mises à pied fréquentes, cet emploi et l'expérience qui s'y rapporte en vaut vraiment la peine!
An amazing work environment.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2015
Transat is an amazing company to work for I learned so much and got to travel and explore new places at the same time. The management were always willing to teach you.
Pros
travel
Flight Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2015
Gather flight information and brief the cabin attendants
Announcements
safety checks
Safety and security of the passangers
environnement de travail très agréable
Technicienne de métal en feuille (Former Employee) –  montréal21 September 2014
Travailler chez air transat à été une de mais plus belle expérience de travail. J'ai aimé autant l'ambiance que le travail en tant que tel. Les chefs d'équipes ainsi que les superviseurs ont une excellente inter action avec tous les employés se qui garde un excellente ambiance de travail. Les travaux à exécuter sont très diversifier et demande de travailler en équipe ou même seule.
Pros
travail vraimant génial
Cons
plafond d'employer empêche d'être engager à temps plein
Amazing Customer Service Experience
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2014
Working at the airport is an amazing experience.
Everyday you get to interact with different people and its great to see people's personalities. I love seeing people get excited and ready to go on an adventure, and it makes me more happy to see that I can make their day a lot better.
However with every upside there is a down side, and that involves dealing with customers that don't follow the rules. This involves telling them that their bags are too overweight and have to make them pay. It makes them frustrated and plus that's the last thing they want to do when they have already spent so much on a plane ticket.
At the end of the day I love what I do here, but there is not much advancement and there would like to find a place that does have further advancement.
Pros
New people everyday, Fun working with co-workers
Cons
Short and Unstable Hours
Fast paced, productive environment
TECHNICAL OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 September 2014
Excellent management and staff. Would go back in a heart beat!
Pros
Learn something new every day
excelent place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 February 2014
Excelent cmpany, peple respect each other and enjoy the working life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Transat. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3