Air Transat Employee Reviews

Ticket Passenger Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC28 February 2017
Assist passengers with their reservation. Boarded passengers unto their flight. Diversity in the workplace. Team work was very strong. Customers were usually satisfied and content.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
salary
Fun family to work for
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Everybody who works at Air Transat all genuinely look happy to be a part of the Transat family. They all know each other by first name basis and you don't just feel like an extra number when working for them. They care and will always listen to your needs.
Productive and fun workplace
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON7 February 2017
Great atmosphere with very personable coworkers. Maintaining and using a high level of safe and security related duties, as well as providing exceptional customer service to a variety of passengers from all around the world. The culture at work is dynamic, our colleagues possess all kinds of different abilities that bonded us all with the love for travel and experience. Sometimes the hardest part are the long hours and time changes. But by far the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting so many different types of people who I connect with on many different levels, seeing places around the world that I normally wouldn't have had the chance to do on a regular basis. Learning about different cultures, lifestyles and people.
Charter Airline
Flight Attendant / Flight Director (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2017
Air Transat is a good company to work for. They provide a solid training and work life balance. However, junior flight attendants may be put on reserve and be faced with lay offs from time to time.
It may be hard to budget for rent and other life expenses with this kind of instability.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
frequent lay offs
Amazing experience overall
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On6 December 2016
Being a flight attendant has brought me unique experiences. I've had the chance to visit many countries and made long lasting friendships. I've learned a lot about being on a plane during emergency and non-emergency situations.
Fun place and very good team
Agent post-réservation/Assistance aéroportuaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2016
I learn to manage with all kind of people as fast as possible because I had to manage with all kind of situation directly at the airport. I love to work and find solution to make the customers happy. It was a good place to work with positive coworkers. It is a center open 24/24 7 days a week, so working until 23pm was not my favorite part. Especially when the schedule is always a new one. I had to take it week by week, almost day by day. I did it and I will always ready to do it, if I am really into my job. The thing was, I was working on the phone and I am the kind of person who needs to work with people. I need to communicate ideas, projects, sales in real, face to face. It was a very good company to discover new countries, new culture and I learned a lot of things, because of my coworkers who come from all over the world.
Pros
very good advantage for travelling
Cons
salary and schedule
Fun place numerous of work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
This was a great place to work at. The pay was good, there is a numerous amount of work to be done, your always busy and the pay is good. This is a great environment to get great work experience and learn from the management
Taking care of safety and comfort
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2016
A typical day will start with a crew briefing where we all meet and discuss the flight to come. Taking care of the passenger's comfort and safety is our number one priority. Many different people come on board with different levels of stress, travel purposes and medical conditions. I was trained to reassure the nervous one and to know how to react in case of an abnormal situation. I have been working with different crews everyday for the past five years. Team work is very important as we have many responsibilities on board. Throughout the years working in a confined environment with different co-workers and passengers, I have learned that every problem has its solution. Keeping calm truly does help one to take clear decisions and also helps the people around to stay focus.
Air Transat is a great company to work for as it has standards that are oriented on great service and prompt attitude. The hardest part of my work would be the long hours keeping me away from my family. The best part is creating memories with them and others while taking my passes to travel.
Pros
inexpensive travels, choice of days off
Cons
long hours, lack of sleep, missing personal time
An amazing work environment.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2015
Transat is an amazing company to work for I learned so much and got to travel and explore new places at the same time. The management were always willing to teach you.
Pros
travel
Productive and fun workplace
Flight Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2015
Gather flight information and brief the cabin attendants
Announcements
safety checks
Safety and security of the passangers
Amazing Customer Service Experience
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2014
Working at the airport is an amazing experience.
Everyday you get to interact with different people and its great to see people's personalities. I love seeing people get excited and ready to go on an adventure, and it makes me more happy to see that I can make their day a lot better.
However with every upside there is a down side, and that involves dealing with customers that don't follow the rules. This involves telling them that their bags are too overweight and have to make them pay. It makes them frustrated and plus that's the last thing they want to do when they have already spent so much on a plane ticket.
At the end of the day I love what I do here, but there is not much advancement and there would like to find a place that does have further advancement.
Pros
New people everyday, Fun working with co-workers
Cons
Short and Unstable Hours
Fast paced, productive environment
TECHNICAL OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 September 2014
Excellent management and staff. Would go back in a heart beat!
Pros
Learn something new every day
excelent place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 February 2014
Excelent cmpany, peple respect each other and enjoy the working life
fast passe environment
Flight Editor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2014
Meeting new people, assists with variety of customer requests.
I learner many different people styles, and how to use life experiences and apply them to some work situations.
Hardest part of the Job is to keep a positive attitude no matter how bad of a day you are having.
The most enjoyable part of the Job is you get to meet so many people, and learn about other parts of the world.
Pros
Travel
Cons
sometimes you cant take a break
Productive and Fun
Cruise Department (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 December 2013
I would start off my day by checking if cabin prices for a specific cruise would change. Set up ship deployments, Check flight times that would go along with Cruise dates for YYZ & YUL.

Helped add itineraries, lowest & highest cabin prices for each cruise ship that had to be added in the 2012-2014 Air Transat Cruise Collection Brochure.
The management was great, and got along with co-workers.

The hardest part of this job was not knowing too much about the ships at first, But eventually with all of the work I did. I learned a great amount.

The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things, Seeing new features that were added to cruises.
Pros
Learning more everyday
Cons
Lived kind of far from work
air transat
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2013
Very good company to work for.
Air Transat employees matter.
I would say the hardest part of the job is not working during low season. Layoffs can be tough.A typical day at work SAFETY FIRST!! Dealing with on time departures, delays and assisting passengers to their special needs. What I love most about Air Transat is that every day is different. Each day you take on a new task. You learn so much about yourself and others. Its a team oriented job and if you are determined to advance in you're career there are many possibilities to move up.
Pros
every day is a different task.
Cons
layoffs in low season
Fun job, always travelling and meeting new people
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2013
I love being a flight attendant for Air Transat, I get to see the world and meet people from all over.
Pros
travel and adventure
Cons
long hours, away from home.
Awesome place of employment
Inventory & Technical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2013
A-one job for an a-one company!!! I have nothing but good things to say about Air Transat Inc.
Growth and Learning
Executive Assistant  (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario10 July 2013
My 15.5 year employment at Air Transat allowed me to learn and grow both personally and professionally. I had the great fortune of coming into the organization at a time of growth which allowed me to move within the organization and try many positions.
treating emplyees as numbers.
Check-in agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 June 2013
a typical day at work,learned nothing,supervisors were raciest,no team work,very low salaries.

4.3