Air Products

Air Products Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not that great
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Baytown, TXApril 23, 2014
Don't do this to yourself if you respect yourself at all. The way they run the schedule is a shady backhanded way of avoiding overtime.
Horrible
Career Development Program (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 9, 2014
Hired in as an associate underwriter - their term for a glorified customer service rep. Company expects you to do too many things. I can multitask, but the sheet amount of busy work here and constant interruptions on the phone was exhausting.

We were told company would only promote from within and the next month it hired 4 new underwriters (position – more... above this one) from outside of the company.

Glass ceiling is the underwriting department, which leaves much to be expected.

Did learn much about the insurance industry, and I was encouraged to pursue multiple industry designations – less
Productive and fun work environment. Very easy to get along with management.
Receptionist and Office Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 4, 2014
Pros: family environment.
I really enjoyed working for this company. A typical day consisted of any number of things. Answering phones, filing, and keeping track of management agendas to name a few. My manager was great and easy to get along with. My co-workers were also enjoyable.
Competitive work enviroment, management very cooperative on maintaining excellent work conditions, etc.
Senior Engineer - Hydrogen Energy Systems (Current Employee), Pune, MHMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good department manager, young and vibrant team
Very good place to perform your work activites, management (depeartment) very understanding and cooperative in not over burdening employee with work; though more emphasis on development of spcific skills related to engineering can be perofrmed.

Since joining this company, I was able to get a very good understanding of the work practises, managed to – more... navigate and work
well with different employees of different departments.

A typical day consists of doing engineering works, making sure project schedule is as per plan, taking care of any issues and trouble shooting problems that may arise due to various factors.

Co-workers are from different parts, hence very fascinating to work with their style, understanding their issue, etc.

Enjoyed working with the different departments and organizational level, helped fellow colleagues in guiding them to deal with unpleasant and uncomfortable situations in office, overall maintaining excellent and positive work atmosphere in the company. – less
Career development
Commercial Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 23, 2014
Great place to learn and develop as a young engineer. Early in your career, you will be exposed and responsible for a lot. It's a great way to learn and develop.
Its a productive but very challenging place to work at.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPFebruary 17, 2014
Cons: normal working hours
A typical day at AP involves day to day reviewing of policies, procedures, work instructions and standards to make sure that they are readily available for employees to reference and that they comply with the standards, by-laws and etc.

I have the friendliest co-workers, a very supportive team.
Great people to work with.
Traveling Construction Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: the people.
Cons: travel
Air Products is a great company to for and with.
Every facility I worked at was staffed with personable, honest and great people.
Good company
Lead Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Albuquerque NMFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: sick leave policy
Lead Electrical engineer in charge of 5 other engineers. Lead Engineer in charge of CE Marking of all products for introduction in EU.
Fun place to work
Lead Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: 4 days off every other week
Cons: graveyard shift
Great management, but long grave yard shift hours. I learned a wealth of information.
Work life balance
South East Asia (SEA) Tactical Planning Manager (Current Employee), Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaFebruary 2, 2014
Air Products has taught me how to grow in life and be responsible with task at hand while maintaining a work-life balance. With the leadership support, I am sure that I have grown in how I manage my role and in the decision making skills required to perform my tasks. Over time, my team and I have built a beautiful synergy which makes our team work liveable – more... and even adaptable to new comers. The hardest part of the job is and the enjoyable part go hand in hand -which is making the correct and timely decision in high pressured situation. – less
Great Place to work
Operator (Current Employee), Reserve, LAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: close to home, small place
Cons: cannot get hired on if you have any family within any air products facility globaly
Great Company to work for, All of my Co-workers were friendly and very helping. the hardest part of the job was learning the paperwork, but it was easy after a few weeks.
Very nice company to work with
Accounts Controller (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: need to look for other job, due to the move
This company is very stable, but moving to JHB north, which I cannot affort to work at.
It's been a pleasure to work at Airproducts
Management lack a bit of Comunications skills, but they are working with it.
Hardest part is to leave this company.. You easily fall in a comfort zone.
They allowed me to work from 7-3 which is ideal for my family responsibilities..
I – more... prefer to work Flexi hours – less
welcoming environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Crewe, ENGJanuary 17, 2014
Being an Office Clerk would involve Data input, printing, word processing and faxing. The hardest part of the job was the training
Productive and Good Challenge and good work environment
Code 14 Driver - Supervisor (Former Employee), Kempton Park, GPJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: customer satisfaction
Cons: long hours and when staff go on strike.
My typical day at work was to check a Telemetry System for customers that needs product, do the delivery notes, have a short meeting with surbodinates, do route planning, check all the trucks before going for delivery, then issue each the planning of their routes, then capture yesterdays deliveries, attend meetings with management; etc.

My hardest – more... time part of the job was when the drivers will go on strike. I will then have to do the deliveries myself to customers, sometimes work overnight doing deliveries and still come back to do my part of the daily job.

My most enjoyable part of the job was going out there and seeing clients and sorting out queries with clients and most of all receiving emails of thank you's from management and clients for a job well done.

What I have learnt is dealing with Management, attending management meetings in terms of budgeting and feedback and doing all kinds of reports and being responsible to a team. – less
Understaffed facilities, company exists on rolling the dice.
Hydrogen Plant Operator (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: company promotes safety and a drugfree workplace.
Cons: operating philosophy, wage and benefit packages for hourly employees outside of california, louisiana, or texas.
Company operates on skeleton staffing, traveling techs, contracted services. Work schedules are not favorable for life outside of work. There are huge discrepancies (30-40%) in pay and benefits, for the same jobs, based on location. Hourly employee benefits have taken significant cuts over the last few years.
Very productive on a local level, very supported and interactive supervisior. Superior salary and benefits.
Lead Driver (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 26, 2013
Pros: great health care, good equipment service
Cons: long hours, very tight schedules
Face time with site manager, phone conference with other terminals or corp office while loading tanker.
deliver to customers, do site surveys return to terminal
update drivers board, do safety observation of drivers
Update logs or information if site manager was unavailable.
the campus was very large.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Trexlertown, PADecember 22, 2013
Pros: nice cafeteria
Cons: distance to travel from home
I felt my job was fairly easy at Air Products. We did cleaning and setting up of classrooms for meetings. I also helped with the snow removal.
Megasys Tech Level 1
Sustained Shift Lead Motorola Freescale ATMC (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 19, 2013
The best co-workes I have worked with Management know there stuff I hated to leave APCI, But life change had to come first,Best work invierment to work in.
Good company with good benefits
Gen Gas Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 8, 2013
Working for Air Products has been a great experience with a lot of wonderful people. I've learned a lot of skills as well as had opportunities to travel around the world.
Establised company with growth opportunities
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 3, 2013
Pros: benifits are good
While most of Air Products is an established supplier of bulk chemical and gasses, they do have division concentrated on growth within the semiconductor equipment field. This offers many opportunities to work on various development projects from the concept phase through prototyping. The environment is friendly and collaborative. There is a bit of established – more... procedures that can seem to impede progress but are there to insure quality and consistency. Overall it is a good place to work however due to the cyclical nature of the industry projects are not guarantied so you will constantly be looking for the next project or opportunity within the company. – less

About Air Products

Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For – Read more