Air Products

Air Products Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to work
Operator (Current Employee), Reserve, LAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: close to home, small place
Cons: cannot get hired on if you have any family within any air products facility globaly
Great Company to work for, All of my Co-workers were friendly and very helping. the hardest part of the job was learning the paperwork, but it was easy after a few weeks.
Very nice company to work with
Accounts Controller (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: need to look for other job, due to the move
This company is very stable, but moving to JHB north, which I cannot affort to work at.
It's been a pleasure to work at Airproducts
Management lack a bit of Comunications skills, but they are working with it.
Hardest part is to leave this company.. You easily fall in a comfort zone.
They allowed me to work from 7-3 which is ideal for my family responsibilities..
I – more... prefer to work Flexi hours – less
welcoming environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Crewe, ENGJanuary 17, 2014
Being an Office Clerk would involve Data input, printing, word processing and faxing. The hardest part of the job was the training
Productive and Good Challenge and good work environment
Code 14 Driver - Supervisor (Former Employee), Kempton Park, GPJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: customer satisfaction
Cons: long hours and when staff go on strike.
My typical day at work was to check a Telemetry System for customers that needs product, do the delivery notes, have a short meeting with surbodinates, do route planning, check all the trucks before going for delivery, then issue each the planning of their routes, then capture yesterdays deliveries, attend meetings with management; etc.

My hardest – more... time part of the job was when the drivers will go on strike. I will then have to do the deliveries myself to customers, sometimes work overnight doing deliveries and still come back to do my part of the daily job.

My most enjoyable part of the job was going out there and seeing clients and sorting out queries with clients and most of all receiving emails of thank you's from management and clients for a job well done.

What I have learnt is dealing with Management, attending management meetings in terms of budgeting and feedback and doing all kinds of reports and being responsible to a team. – less
Understaffed facilities, company exists on rolling the dice.
Hydrogen Plant Operator (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: company promotes safety and a drugfree workplace.
Cons: operating philosophy, wage and benefit packages for hourly employees outside of california, louisiana, or texas.
Company operates on skeleton staffing, traveling techs, contracted services. Work schedules are not favorable for life outside of work. There are huge discrepancies (30-40%) in pay and benefits, for the same jobs, based on location. Hourly employee benefits have taken significant cuts over the last few years.
Very productive on a local level, very supported and interactive supervisior. Superior salary and benefits.
Lead Driver (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 26, 2013
Pros: great health care, good equipment service
Cons: long hours, very tight schedules
Face time with site manager, phone conference with other terminals or corp office while loading tanker.
deliver to customers, do site surveys return to terminal
update drivers board, do safety observation of drivers
Update logs or information if site manager was unavailable.
the campus was very large.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Trexlertown, PADecember 22, 2013
Pros: nice cafeteria
Cons: distance to travel from home
I felt my job was fairly easy at Air Products. We did cleaning and setting up of classrooms for meetings. I also helped with the snow removal.
Megasys Tech Level 1
Sustained Shift Lead Motorola Freescale ATMC (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 19, 2013
The best co-workes I have worked with Management know there stuff I hated to leave APCI, But life change had to come first,Best work invierment to work in.
Good company with good benefits
Gen Gas Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 8, 2013
Working for Air Products has been a great experience with a lot of wonderful people. I've learned a lot of skills as well as had opportunities to travel around the world.
Establised company with growth opportunities
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 3, 2013
Pros: benifits are good
While most of Air Products is an established supplier of bulk chemical and gasses, they do have division concentrated on growth within the semiconductor equipment field. This offers many opportunities to work on various development projects from the concept phase through prototyping. The environment is friendly and collaborative. There is a bit of established – more... procedures that can seem to impede progress but are there to insure quality and consistency. Overall it is a good place to work however due to the cyclical nature of the industry projects are not guarantied so you will constantly be looking for the next project or opportunity within the company. – less
Solid company
Technology Manager (Current Employee), Allentown, PANovember 22, 2013
Financially stable company. Methodical decision making.
Work with smart people all around you
Program Director (Current Employee), Allentown, PANovember 19, 2013
Pros: professional atmosphere
Cons: highly matrixed organizations
Company provides significant autonomy and responsibility at all levels
Productive and Fun workplace
National Accounts Controller - Key Accounts (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPOctober 29, 2013
Pros: work pays for my travelling expenses (food and accomodation included)
Cons: long hours
Aside from my daily duties, the work place is a fun environment, filled with challenges and fun. I learned that everyday is a new day and I keep learning something new each day. Managment are people orientated, motivational, helpful and are human just like we as the employees are. The hardest part of my job is getting the clients to pay their accounts – more... on time. The most enjoyable part of my job is, that despite all the challenges, I manage to build a healthy relationship with my customers, travelling where I get to meet with my customers and I find great pleasure in resolving queries. – less
They don't Walk the Talk
R&D/ Safety Rep (Former Employee), Trexlertown, PASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: few and far between
Cons: unethical, unsafe, complacency, penny-wise/dollar foolish
The place is just a facade of an underlying dis-functional bunch of "good ole boys".
They drowned you with policies that they themselves do not follow.
They claim to be "Safety Focused" but find ways to circumvent their own written policies if it saves a few dollars.
They claim to have Ethics, but terminate employees who question their methods.
They – more... are totally behind in the industry standards as a result of poor management from the top down.

Their whole corporate strategy is "Let's find a work-around".

The competition has little to fear. – less
interesting
Operator/mechanic (Former Employee), York, PASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: interesting
Cons: flourine gas
although this job was a good paying job there were health issues that were very much a detriment. They used flourine gas to coat the bottles inner lining. The MSDS for flourine stated " the most corrosive gas know to man. Eats all living tissue". The work was very interesting and a learning experience. Job title was.operator/mechanic. I ran up to 3 – more... blow molders and maintained any breakdowns that may occur during shift – less
Strong work ethic, demonstrates strong analytical mechanical ability
Project coordinator (Current Employee), Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2013
I have a strong work ethic. I have a great desire to learn and grow with the company.
Productive and I was able to travel
Maintenance Scheduler (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: having to stay away from home for long periods
Productive and busy

Learned SAP

Management - needed new management

Operations supervisor easy to work with

Hardest part having to move to PA for 4 months

Most enjoyable was getting to travel and train other sites
nice envireonment indoors, friendly employees.
Electrical Assembler (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 30, 2013
Learned how to build chemical distibution machines from start to finish.
Huge Learning experience for young engineers
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: work environment, high safety standard
Management is very helpful. Corporate atmosphere is relaxed but still efficient. Field assignments are crucial to young engineers. So much to learn!
stable company
Transportation Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 23, 2013
very demanding, good group of people, good wages, 12 hour days, learned how to plan/schedule transportation routes/deliveries

About Air Products

Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For – Read more