Air Products

Air Products Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Air Products
Control Room Operations Manager (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 9, 2014
I've worked for Air Products in total for 15 years. Because my team monitor and controls over 600 miles of pipeline, everyday can be eventful.
Very Matured Environment
Sr. SAP HR/HCM FUNCTIONAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJune 6, 2014
Very Matured SAP Environment which goes month by month releases. Good work culture and management. Will have perfect balance between work and life.
dont bother
truck driver (Former Employee), iowaMay 21, 2014
Pros: a whole 10hrs hometime daily
Cons: same grind everyday no variety
Company is too large and you will get jerked around. Your dispatch is via iphone and you never actually speak to a person, if you need personal time forget about it. Pay is ok, orientation is laughable. Air products took over epco so loads are very same daily short haul pull hoses and work around very high pressured material its dangerous.
Great variety of experience
Project Engineer, hydrogen division (Former Employee), BelgiumMay 11, 2014
Lots of opportunities for growth and learning
Management fair and people-oriented
Co-workers knowledgable and reliable
Most enjoyable part of the job: variety
Kim Muller - Day in the life at Air Products
Human Resource Associate (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 1, 2014
Pros: overtime pay, intern events, benefits
Cons: need a change
A typical day at work is always a busy one that consists of a lot of multi tasking day in and day out. I learned a lot working at Air Products through my 22 years of Employment started back in 1992.

I wouldn't say there was a hard part of my job, because each challenge I took in stride and I would figure out what I needed to do and get the job done.

As – more... far as my Co-workers, I had great relationships throughout my time at Air Products and as well as Management level including top Executives of our company.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction, I had with the College students in the recruiting program. – less
Great working environment
Account Manager-NA Merchant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 1, 2014
Great working environment, with excellent co-workers, and a lot of career advancement opportunities.
supervisor shouldn't make there best friend there lead man.
production assembler (Former Employee), st louis, moApril 30, 2014
coming to work and performing me job to the best of my knowlege and willing to learn any project that is given to me. Respect co-worker and be a team player and i havent had a hardest part of a job. The most part enjoyable part of the job is good communication.
Not that great
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Baytown, TXApril 23, 2014
Don't do this to yourself if you respect yourself at all. The way they run the schedule is a shady backhanded way of avoiding overtime.
Horrible
Career Development Program (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 9, 2014
Hired in as an associate underwriter - their term for a glorified customer service rep. Company expects you to do too many things. I can multitask, but the sheet amount of busy work here and constant interruptions on the phone was exhausting.

We were told company would only promote from within and the next month it hired 4 new underwriters (position – more... above this one) from outside of the company.

Glass ceiling is the underwriting department, which leaves much to be expected.

Did learn much about the insurance industry, and I was encouraged to pursue multiple industry designations – less
Productive and fun work environment. Very easy to get along with management.
Receptionist and Office Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 4, 2014
Pros: family environment.
I really enjoyed working for this company. A typical day consisted of any number of things. Answering phones, filing, and keeping track of management agendas to name a few. My manager was great and easy to get along with. My co-workers were also enjoyable.
Competitive work enviroment, management very cooperative on maintaining excellent work conditions, etc.
Senior Engineer - Hydrogen Energy Systems (Current Employee), Pune, MHMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good department manager, young and vibrant team
Very good place to perform your work activites, management (depeartment) very understanding and cooperative in not over burdening employee with work; though more emphasis on development of spcific skills related to engineering can be perofrmed.

Since joining this company, I was able to get a very good understanding of the work practises, managed to – more... navigate and work
well with different employees of different departments.

A typical day consists of doing engineering works, making sure project schedule is as per plan, taking care of any issues and trouble shooting problems that may arise due to various factors.

Co-workers are from different parts, hence very fascinating to work with their style, understanding their issue, etc.

Enjoyed working with the different departments and organizational level, helped fellow colleagues in guiding them to deal with unpleasant and uncomfortable situations in office, overall maintaining excellent and positive work atmosphere in the company. – less
Career development
Commercial Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 23, 2014
Great place to learn and develop as a young engineer. Early in your career, you will be exposed and responsible for a lot. It's a great way to learn and develop.
Its a productive but very challenging place to work at.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPFebruary 17, 2014
Cons: normal working hours
A typical day at AP involves day to day reviewing of policies, procedures, work instructions and standards to make sure that they are readily available for employees to reference and that they comply with the standards, by-laws and etc.

I have the friendliest co-workers, a very supportive team.
Great people to work with.
Traveling Construction Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: the people.
Cons: travel
Air Products is a great company to for and with.
Every facility I worked at was staffed with personable, honest and great people.
Good company
Lead Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Albuquerque NMFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: sick leave policy
Lead Electrical engineer in charge of 5 other engineers. Lead Engineer in charge of CE Marking of all products for introduction in EU.
Fun place to work
Lead Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: 4 days off every other week
Cons: graveyard shift
Great management, but long grave yard shift hours. I learned a wealth of information.
Work life balance
South East Asia (SEA) Tactical Planning Manager (Current Employee), Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaFebruary 2, 2014
Air Products has taught me how to grow in life and be responsible with task at hand while maintaining a work-life balance. With the leadership support, I am sure that I have grown in how I manage my role and in the decision making skills required to perform my tasks. Over time, my team and I have built a beautiful synergy which makes our team work liveable – more... and even adaptable to new comers. The hardest part of the job is and the enjoyable part go hand in hand -which is making the correct and timely decision in high pressured situation. – less
Great Place to work
Operator (Current Employee), Reserve, LAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: close to home, small place
Cons: cannot get hired on if you have any family within any air products facility globaly
Great Company to work for, All of my Co-workers were friendly and very helping. the hardest part of the job was learning the paperwork, but it was easy after a few weeks.
Very nice company to work with
Accounts Controller (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: need to look for other job, due to the move
This company is very stable, but moving to JHB north, which I cannot affort to work at.
It's been a pleasure to work at Airproducts
Management lack a bit of Comunications skills, but they are working with it.
Hardest part is to leave this company.. You easily fall in a comfort zone.
They allowed me to work from 7-3 which is ideal for my family responsibilities..
I – more... prefer to work Flexi hours – less
welcoming environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Crewe, ENGJanuary 17, 2014
Being an Office Clerk would involve Data input, printing, word processing and faxing. The hardest part of the job was the training

About Air Products

Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For – Read more