Air Products

Air Products Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company in company culture and benefit.
APAC Continuous Improvement Expert (Current Employee), 上海市, C23August 2, 2012
Pros: good culture
Cons: too silo across functions
-Deliver BB training;
-Review and coach BB projects across the Asia
Goal oriented environment
Chemical Engineering - R&D - Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of testing fiber membrane samples that had just come from manufacturing. I tested permeability, selectivity, tensile strength, etc. I helped lead a project aimed at addressing an issue with the catalyst in manufacturing. The co-workers were great. It was a great working environment. The hardest part of this job was finding – more... out new and innovative solutions to common problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make independent decisions when faced with many problems. – less
TERRIBLE COMPANY, WORKING AS AN APPRENTICE IN MERCHANT GASES !!!
APPRENTICE (Former Employee), CreweJune 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: poor management and no support if you have an concern !!!
IN OCTOBER 2013 I BEGAN MY JOB WITH AIRPRODUCTS. HOWEVER, ONLY TO FIND AFTER 3 WEEKS MY JOB ROLE WAS SO UNCLEAR AND I NEVER KNEW WHAT WORK MY LINE MANAGER WANTED ME TO DO. SHE WOULD NOT COMMUNICATE AND SEEMED WAY OVER HER HEAD. THERE WAS ONLY TWO OF US IN THE BULKGASES OUTBOUND DEPARTMENT ME AND A VERY UNRELIABLE LINE MANAGER.

I TRIED TO SPEAK ON NUMERIOUS – more... OCCASSIONS WITH MY LINE MANAGER AND SHE JUST DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE !!!. SHE GREW TO NOT LIKE ME AND HER ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME SHOWN THAT VERY FAST.

I LEFT THE COMPANY RECENTLY UNDER THE TERMS ABOVE, WERE I LEFT SAD AND BROKEN HEARTED WITH THE COMPANY BECAUSE I DIDN'T RECIEVE ANY SUPPORT WITH MY GRIEVANCE WHAT SO EVER.

DONT BOTHER APPLYING TO ANY JOB WITH AIRPRODUCTS, YOU WILL BE SO SO SO DISAPPOINTED !!!!!! – less
Air Products
Control Room Operations Manager (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 9, 2014
I've worked for Air Products in total for 15 years. Because my team monitor and controls over 600 miles of pipeline, everyday can be eventful.
Very Matured Environment
Sr. SAP HR/HCM FUNCTIONAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJune 6, 2014
Very Matured SAP Environment which goes month by month releases. Good work culture and management. Will have perfect balance between work and life.
dont bother
truck driver (Former Employee), iowaMay 21, 2014
Pros: a whole 10hrs hometime daily
Cons: same grind everyday no variety
Company is too large and you will get jerked around. Your dispatch is via iphone and you never actually speak to a person, if you need personal time forget about it. Pay is ok, orientation is laughable. Air products took over epco so loads are very same daily short haul pull hoses and work around very high pressured material its dangerous.
Great variety of experience
Project Engineer, hydrogen division (Former Employee), BelgiumMay 11, 2014
Lots of opportunities for growth and learning
Management fair and people-oriented
Co-workers knowledgable and reliable
Most enjoyable part of the job: variety
Kim Muller - Day in the life at Air Products
Human Resource Associate (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 1, 2014
Pros: overtime pay, intern events, benefits
Cons: need a change
A typical day at work is always a busy one that consists of a lot of multi tasking day in and day out. I learned a lot working at Air Products through my 22 years of Employment started back in 1992.

I wouldn't say there was a hard part of my job, because each challenge I took in stride and I would figure out what I needed to do and get the job done.

As – more... far as my Co-workers, I had great relationships throughout my time at Air Products and as well as Management level including top Executives of our company.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction, I had with the College students in the recruiting program. – less
Great working environment
Account Manager-NA Merchant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 1, 2014
Great working environment, with excellent co-workers, and a lot of career advancement opportunities.
supervisor shouldn't make there best friend there lead man.
production assembler (Former Employee), st louis, moApril 30, 2014
coming to work and performing me job to the best of my knowlege and willing to learn any project that is given to me. Respect co-worker and be a team player and i havent had a hardest part of a job. The most part enjoyable part of the job is good communication.
Not that great
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Baytown, TXApril 23, 2014
Don't do this to yourself if you respect yourself at all. The way they run the schedule is a shady backhanded way of avoiding overtime.
Horrible
Career Development Program (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 9, 2014
Hired in as an associate underwriter - their term for a glorified customer service rep. Company expects you to do too many things. I can multitask, but the sheet amount of busy work here and constant interruptions on the phone was exhausting.

We were told company would only promote from within and the next month it hired 4 new underwriters (position – more... above this one) from outside of the company.

Glass ceiling is the underwriting department, which leaves much to be expected.

Did learn much about the insurance industry, and I was encouraged to pursue multiple industry designations – less
Productive and fun work environment. Very easy to get along with management.
Receptionist and Office Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 4, 2014
Pros: family environment.
I really enjoyed working for this company. A typical day consisted of any number of things. Answering phones, filing, and keeping track of management agendas to name a few. My manager was great and easy to get along with. My co-workers were also enjoyable.
Competitive work enviroment, management very cooperative on maintaining excellent work conditions, etc.
Senior Engineer - Hydrogen Energy Systems (Current Employee), Pune, MHMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good department manager, young and vibrant team
Very good place to perform your work activites, management (depeartment) very understanding and cooperative in not over burdening employee with work; though more emphasis on development of spcific skills related to engineering can be perofrmed.

Since joining this company, I was able to get a very good understanding of the work practises, managed to – more... navigate and work
well with different employees of different departments.

A typical day consists of doing engineering works, making sure project schedule is as per plan, taking care of any issues and trouble shooting problems that may arise due to various factors.

Co-workers are from different parts, hence very fascinating to work with their style, understanding their issue, etc.

Enjoyed working with the different departments and organizational level, helped fellow colleagues in guiding them to deal with unpleasant and uncomfortable situations in office, overall maintaining excellent and positive work atmosphere in the company. – less
Career development
Commercial Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 23, 2014
Great place to learn and develop as a young engineer. Early in your career, you will be exposed and responsible for a lot. It's a great way to learn and develop.
Its a productive but very challenging place to work at.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPFebruary 17, 2014
Cons: normal working hours
A typical day at AP involves day to day reviewing of policies, procedures, work instructions and standards to make sure that they are readily available for employees to reference and that they comply with the standards, by-laws and etc.

I have the friendliest co-workers, a very supportive team.
Great people to work with.
Traveling Construction Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: the people.
Cons: travel
Air Products is a great company to for and with.
Every facility I worked at was staffed with personable, honest and great people.
Good company
Lead Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Albuquerque NMFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: sick leave policy
Lead Electrical engineer in charge of 5 other engineers. Lead Engineer in charge of CE Marking of all products for introduction in EU.
Fun place to work
Lead Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: 4 days off every other week
Cons: graveyard shift
Great management, but long grave yard shift hours. I learned a wealth of information.
Work life balance
South East Asia (SEA) Tactical Planning Manager (Current Employee), Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaFebruary 2, 2014
Air Products has taught me how to grow in life and be responsible with task at hand while maintaining a work-life balance. With the leadership support, I am sure that I have grown in how I manage my role and in the decision making skills required to perform my tasks. Over time, my team and I have built a beautiful synergy which makes our team work liveable – more... and even adaptable to new comers. The hardest part of the job is and the enjoyable part go hand in hand -which is making the correct and timely decision in high pressured situation. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Air Products

Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For – Read more