Air Products

Air Products Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great career, inflexible for sales
Microbulk Sales Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Air Products is a great company in a great industry. I enjoy working with this company, however they need to train their employees more effectively. The managers are all top-notch and will work hard to make sure their sales people are successful. The best part about this position is becoming familiar with the sales process, meeting new people, and getting – more... a broad understanding of many different industries. – less
Hard working teams
Bay Operative (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good money
Good place to work. Fairly straight forward job.
Good lads to work with in general.
FUN WORKPLACE
Sr. SAP BI/BW Consultant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 21, 2014
I have improved my skills a lot,
working management is so good in our company..
Co-workers supported me in each and every aspect.
Most enjoyable thing is working together and playing a prominent part in the growth of the company..
Chance of a Life Time
Mechanic (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good beifitts
Cons: having to bring your lunch
Work with good friends. Every day a new opportunity to learn . Management always helpfull My Co-worker were like family . It was hard to goo home Always looked forward to the nex day
Best Entry Level Job Possible
Microbulk Sales Rep (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 14, 2014
This job was awesome. You get to see some of the coolest stuff that you didnt know gases were used for. It was extremely fascinating. The people I worked with were all amazing, and the pay and compensation was outstanding if you worked hard and are a good sales person.

Pros:
-Corporate credit card with $5k limit for expenses
-Vehicle allowance
-Compensation – more... (fair salary + excellent bonus potential)
-Culture
-Annual Sales Meeting Trips (we went to Orlando)
-Benefits
-Work from home
-Excellent learning experience and top notch training

Cons:
-If you are good at it, you find yourself constantly working (just going on road trips for vacation I would find myself pulling into an industrial park looking for leads)

-Travel - you are on the road all day every day,then you have to go up to PA every few months for a week or so. If you're in a less densely populated area your sales territory will be massive mileage wise, and it's hard to see enough quality businesses in an efficient manner compared to big cities

-Upper Management - I enjoyed all of the immediate Regional managers, but the upper level management was incompetant at times, and clearly were just there to draw a paycheck at that point. Too old to care.

-Sales cycle - the sales cycle can be extremely long with contracts and supply agreements, so you can't rely on bonuses every quarter. – less
Overall Job work/Life Balance was excellent
Sr. SAP BW BO HANA Consultant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: short breaks
Overall Job work and Life Balance was excellent.

I can make overall review as 4 out of 5
Awful Experience
Applications Engineer (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 11, 2014
The Air Products I'm a part of was initiated through an acquisition, The culture and politics of the old company has remained and leadership from AP is doing nothing about it.
Fun but demanding Job
Key Accounts Debtors Clerk (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches, accomodation
Cons: not getting enough support from other departments
The peeople I work with I fun, open minded. I have learned to do collections and have a feel of some part of accounting. Managment are not transparent and act a bit inappropriate manner. My co-workers are fun, can be petty at times, but we all are but human and we all are different. The hardest par of my job is obtaining money from a Key customer, whom – more... we cannot place the account on hold. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing customer service, travelling (getting to see new places) and meeting my customers and new people. – less
From a contractor
Mechanical designer (Current Employee), DesignAugust 7, 2014
Pros: managment is really understanding of needed time off (contractors don't get vacation)
Cons: limited advancement for contractors, treated like second rate employees even compaired to full-time people with less time in company.
I'm a contractor signed on for 2 years. The division I work in is pretty good, but they won't open hiring positions just because they want to keep you, the only way to get hired is for another employee to leave. The managment is alright but there's always a lot of conflicting opinions and debates. The upper managment (global), might be shutting down – more... this division soon, even though we just closed out our most prosperous quarter in history and are still expanding. I've learned a lot, and as a first career path job straight from college I can't think of better places to start. – less
good company to work for
Mechanic 1 (Former Employee), Sun Valley, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: takes too long to get help if looking for another job when laid off.
reasonable benefits, good safety standards, good pay rate, nice professional people to work with
Productive and great learning place.
Senior Software Consultant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 21, 2014
Had a good time working here. Learnt new technologies and tools.
Job security but poor work life balance
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: work / life balance, long daily drive
Obersee all aspects of the operations of the 2 H2 plants. There are 18 operators that report to me to accomplish our goals. I enjoy the folks I work with, there are talented and hardworking for the most part. The job is providing H2, steam and power to the Valero facility. Its a 24 / 7 operation in which I am on call for day and night. I enjoy the training – more... aspect of the job, taking new operators and provideing them with the tools and guidance they need to learn the process and become a productive member of the team. – less
Goal oriented environment
Chemical Engineering - R&D - Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of testing fiber membrane samples that had just come from manufacturing. I tested permeability, selectivity, tensile strength, etc. I helped lead a project aimed at addressing an issue with the catalyst in manufacturing. The co-workers were great. It was a great working environment. The hardest part of this job was finding – more... out new and innovative solutions to common problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make independent decisions when faced with many problems. – less
TERRIBLE COMPANY, WORKING AS AN APPRENTICE IN MERCHANT GASES !!!
APPRENTICE (Former Employee), CreweJune 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: poor management and no support if you have an concern !!!
IN OCTOBER 2013 I BEGAN MY JOB WITH AIRPRODUCTS. HOWEVER, ONLY TO FIND AFTER 3 WEEKS MY JOB ROLE WAS SO UNCLEAR AND I NEVER KNEW WHAT WORK MY LINE MANAGER WANTED ME TO DO. SHE WOULD NOT COMMUNICATE AND SEEMED WAY OVER HER HEAD. THERE WAS ONLY TWO OF US IN THE BULKGASES OUTBOUND DEPARTMENT ME AND A VERY UNRELIABLE LINE MANAGER.

I TRIED TO SPEAK ON NUMERIOUS – more... OCCASSIONS WITH MY LINE MANAGER AND SHE JUST DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE !!!. SHE GREW TO NOT LIKE ME AND HER ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME SHOWN THAT VERY FAST.

I LEFT THE COMPANY RECENTLY UNDER THE TERMS ABOVE, WERE I LEFT SAD AND BROKEN HEARTED WITH THE COMPANY BECAUSE I DIDN'T RECIEVE ANY SUPPORT WITH MY GRIEVANCE WHAT SO EVER.

DONT BOTHER APPLYING TO ANY JOB WITH AIRPRODUCTS, YOU WILL BE SO SO SO DISAPPOINTED !!!!!! – less
Air Products
Control Room Operations Manager (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 9, 2014
I've worked for Air Products in total for 15 years. Because my team monitor and controls over 600 miles of pipeline, everyday can be eventful.
Very Matured Environment
Sr. SAP HR/HCM FUNCTIONAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJune 6, 2014
Very Matured SAP Environment which goes month by month releases. Good work culture and management. Will have perfect balance between work and life.
dont bother
truck driver (Former Employee), iowaMay 21, 2014
Pros: a whole 10hrs hometime daily
Cons: same grind everyday no variety
Company is too large and you will get jerked around. Your dispatch is via iphone and you never actually speak to a person, if you need personal time forget about it. Pay is ok, orientation is laughable. Air products took over epco so loads are very same daily short haul pull hoses and work around very high pressured material its dangerous.
Great variety of experience
Project Engineer, hydrogen division (Former Employee), BelgiumMay 11, 2014
Lots of opportunities for growth and learning
Management fair and people-oriented
Co-workers knowledgable and reliable
Most enjoyable part of the job: variety
Kim Muller - Day in the life at Air Products
Human Resource Associate (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 1, 2014
Pros: overtime pay, intern events, benefits
Cons: need a change
A typical day at work is always a busy one that consists of a lot of multi tasking day in and day out. I learned a lot working at Air Products through my 22 years of Employment started back in 1992.

I wouldn't say there was a hard part of my job, because each challenge I took in stride and I would figure out what I needed to do and get the job done.

As – more... far as my Co-workers, I had great relationships throughout my time at Air Products and as well as Management level including top Executives of our company.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction, I had with the College students in the recruiting program. – less
Great working environment
Account Manager-NA Merchant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 1, 2014
Great working environment, with excellent co-workers, and a lot of career advancement opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5

About Air Products

Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For – Read more