Air Liquide Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Empty promises, poor employee management
Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: compensation, people
Cons: no "us-feeling", lots of talk behind people's backs, badly organized
Air Liquide claims to be an international company and that is true as far as them having offices in locations around the world. However, these offices don't work well together. In fact I have witness how employees badmouth other centres while officially praising their great collaboration, which in fact is not working at all. They prefer if employees relocate temporarily instead.
Relocating to Calgary with Air Liquide was a nightmare, it was so badly organized. Being sent on assignments is not pleasant, as the company does not make any efforts of making it easier for the employee. For example, expenses are reimbursed via cheque and in foreign countries there is no possibility of cashing them, so you pay out of pocket for everything until you return. Housing provided lacks the most basic things and broken items are not being fixed. It seems all very low-budget.
Frequent hire and fire is common in this location and intellectual property is squandered.
Employee management is poor due to the size of the office and everyone being managed from another location. Often jobs are given to employees in other centres instead because the manager finds it too much effort to manage his remote people.
On the other hand, benefits and salary are good and there are many nice people working there.
Interesting Industry that has taught me a lot of specialized knowledge
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: Ample vacation time and high wages
Cons: Very stressful
There are many benefits to being an Air Liquide employee, excellent co workers, my immediate manager and upper management are all very down to earth. I receive vacation time, benefits, and a very fair wage.
Unfortunately, I don't feel a though my goals are in alignment with what Air Liquide can offer.
Poor management
Superviseur Satellite (Former Employee), Rimouski, QCJanuary 20, 2016
Negative work environment from staff. Complaining, swearing and yelling at each other. Make yourself a gift, don't leave any other company to work there.
OK
Deputy Lead I&C Engg (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
It is an alright place to work. The main issue is the HR policy. They seem to think that the Engineers working for them are the lowest class of all the folks working in the company. No Job satisfaction
no comment
Gas Apparatus Repair Tech (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 12, 2014
The previous company was bought out by Air Liquide, after that there was changes. I prefer to not comment. I will say if you have nothing good to say don't say anything.
Its fun to work in this company with a huge sideyard and have free aerobics every afternoon
A/P Admin-Western Region (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 5, 2014
Its a good company. Co-workers are nice. Month end is always hectic.
Satellite Supervisor
SATELLITE COORDINATOR, INSIDE SALES (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 15, 2014
Pros: main contact for milton office
Cons: office was shut down due to down sizing
Inside sales, work on my own as it was a small office and only required one person working on site.
Delivery and pick up of dangerous goods was a great responsibility, loved it!
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: dangerous products
It was unfortunate that the company Air Liquide had to let some people go due to cut backs.
Air Liquide
Technicien au service a la clientèle (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 26, 2015
Air liquide est une bonne entreprise ou evoluer et progresser dans sa profession