Air Canada Employee Reviews

Fun co-workers
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 October 2015
Good atmosphere among co-workers.
Company was very disorganized.
Salary and benefits are not competitive enough in this economy.
Salary too low.
mis-managed
Lead Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2014
This is a job that is based solely on how long you have been there...Management is completely out to lunch (half of them are not even trained for the job they are trying to manage)..

Flight benefits? Don't even try to fly in the summer or during the holiday peak period unless you have a ton of seniority..Union and management do not get along, don't even know why there is a union, they really don't help with anything.

Pay is low for the work, and the pension is on the brink of collapse..
Great life style, lots of time off.... But no recognition
SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2014
As most of big companies, the benefits are great, medical, pension,etc... Beside that, this is a customer service job like any other, meaning customers are rarely greatful, management is useless and incentives non-existent. I worked with great employees, and the overall experience is good (not great); but the maturity stops at age 25.
The future for employees is not looking so good, Rouge is taking on more flying away from Air Canada (the so-called main line); which means less work for Air Canada employees. Some bases are seeing 20 years sitting on reserve (on call), and it will just get worth.
Do not believe what the news are saying, Air Canada is one of the best company to work for (2013); this is clearly based on the performance of the stock only. Also do not feel compassionate for managers or executive managers. Their goal is to squeeze as much as possible from the employees so they get bigger bonus.
Top Executives have seen unjustified increases in compensation in the last years, while employees are barely seeing pay increase at inflation rate.
This airline would be profitable if less management and smaller payouts. But this is not going to happen.
Best co-workers I've ever work with
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  YYC25 September 2015
It is a great company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Also with many passengers
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Opportunity given to french speaking
Great Experience, yet tiring
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Goose Bay, NL12 July 2016
Great place to work with fun people. A very different environment-one must brave the harsh elements. Great travel perks and advantages from this company. Excellent opportunity for those interested in aviation.
great company to work for
Customer Service Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2015
great company to work for with excellent benefits. interaction with coworkers and the public allows satisfaction in customer service and helpfulness. Variety of work schedules also gives flexibility
Customer Service Manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2016
Absolutely loved my position . But due to cutbacks and the company unwilling to accommodate my disability/ fibromyalgia I was packaged off . Also the Director for Western Canada was extremely unsupportive of me even though I was the most knowledgeable manager on base.

Loved my job, our customers and being our brand ! was a proud AC employee and will forever miss it
Pros
Working for Air Canada
Cons
hard shift hours
support staff
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2015
Great place to work, very helpful to get job done. Safety practices, by the book jobs done. Good benefits with the Company.
Pros
Free meals, work ethics and after work get together
Cons
Need more travel
Don't waste your time here
Ramp (Former Employee) –  Toronto14 September 2012
I worke for ac for 5 years. Corporate greed, favourtism, horrible management, employee abuse, salary below industry standard, working conditions destroy your body, hard workers get rewarded with more work while lazy workers are protected my management, and the union is bought out by ac. Unsafe vehicles and equipment,
Corporation filled with double standards, lies, and deceit.
Cons
you will find out once you work there
Station Attendant position
Station Attendant-Ramp/Baggage (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2014
alot of chimerical control happened at air canada by that i mean that Air Canada kept a close watch on their employees. When i was working for air canada there was this issue where they fired a number of employees because they were fouling the name of the air canada brand on facebook.
Pros
travel benefits, health insurance for part-time after 6 months of probabtion
Cons
low wages
Rapidly advancing company focusing on lean initiatives
Hangar Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON30 May 2016
Strong management team resulting in positive and efficient work practice. Lots of room for growth and a positive atmosphere.
Productive and inteteresting place to work
Aircraft Record Specialist - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Misissisauga, On3 December 2013
Air Georgian gave me the first Canadian working experience.
My work involves checking the paperwork for the daily mainetence done on aircrafts. Fixing any mistakes on system on day to day basis for smooth functioning. People around here are very good, helpful and freindly. I have learned more about the in and out of the planes. The most hard part of the job is getting the mechanics to do the paperwork correctly.
Pros
Flight benefits
Big and traditional company
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 August 2015
I love to have the experience of working at such a traditional Canadian company for summer time. It's been only good experiences so far.
Pros
flight benefits when effective employee
Cons
angry passengers and work on weekends and holidays
Seniority
Airport Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2016
The seniority at Air Canada Jazz is hard to deal with it but I did it. Too much micromanagement. It did not allow for any movement.
Pros
Travel passes
Cons
micromanagement, lack of direction
Challenges
CSSA / LEAD (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 November 2014
I began there just before the Ice Storm of 99. Pilot's Strike ... Possible bankruptcy, Taking on another Airline ... change of CEO etc ... and I still loved my job from the first call to the last ... due to circumstances beyond my control I had to leave, but would go back in a heartbeat. I miss my co-workers, the customers and overall atmosphere.
Pros
Co-workerks, health benefits, and ravel priveleges
Cons
Iv'e worked in the airline business for almost 27 yrs, & would like to re-locate to YYZ
Crew Scheduling Superviser (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 September 2013
A day @ JAZZ is a very fast pace, with over 800 FLTS/DAY
Dealing with crew/weather/mtc daily, makes it the day go by very fast. Shifts are 11hrs. Staff working here are very dedicated.
The hardest part is not having ample crew on reserve, & calling people on days off to come out to work..

The most enjoyable part, is working with the staff here.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
No lunch breaks, you eat @ your desk.
Lazy, unproductive coworkers
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver20 August 2015
This job just wasn't for me, I need more human interaction. The job just really didn't have a future for me to continue with in the way I wanted my life to go.
Pros
lots of breaks, flight benefits
Cons
lack of work
Challenging
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 June 2016
My job is challenging and a fast pace work environment, my co-workers are fun to work with and we present ourselves as a team in the work place. Our goal is professional and positive work which will show our customers we will do the best we can for them.
Pros
Great place to work.
Air Canada is a good place to work.
Ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2013
I do enjoy working at Air Canada.
A typical day at the airport involves being good with customers, while trying to make sure the flight leaves on time.
Also, you must make sure you follow all relevant company policies and governmental regulations.
Not everyone at Air Canada is a cool dashing pilot. Many of the jobs are difficult, and often outside.
However, you do get to learn what you are good at.
Pros
travel benefits.
Cons
crazy late and early hours.
Very little turnover excellent pay and benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2014
The job was very secure and very well paying. The benefits were excellent. The ability to work your schedule was hard but modifying it was very easy. The work day usually went very quick and you were supported and coached readily.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Union mentality and management apathy.