Air Canada

Air Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
travelling to Tahiti, and Bora Bora
Air Canada , Flight Crew Scheduling, (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: sometimes had to travel for management meetings in hq, montréal
Cons: long 16 hour shifts, give up in case of emergencies
Hardest was ensuring the crews were not over their duty day.

Enjoyable all the travelling that we did, on passes or otherwise.

Recruiting cabin personnel during the 1985 Flight attendant disruption.

Learned alot about self estime, patience,,interpersonal skills,
how to approach crews in a professional manner as when they had to be drafted to operate, – more... greive later. – less
Great Benefits, terrible scheduling.
CSM Manager (Former Employee), Pearson, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: irregular hours.
The work life at Air Canada has its ups and downs which are understandable, especially with the great fluctuations in operational demand. The management is good, but there are flaws that are completely ignored and unattended. The only big negative in regards to the work itself would be the constantly disruptive work hours. There is often no steady work – more... shift, regardless of position within the company. – less
and okay place to work
Station Attendant (Former Employee), mississuagaSeptember 7, 2012
working at air canada was okay and nothing special the experience was not what i expected. the people were not my problem. i felt the people that worked there were friendly and willing to teach you
An innovative and energetic environment.
Flight Operation Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 1, 2012
Pros: great team effort
Perform Aircraft Analysis for better usage of the Air Canada fleet.
My first job at travel industry. Learnt a lot. And met wonderful people.
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 30, 2012
Pros: great team, friendly co-workers.
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
I enjoyed working with Air Canada Vacations. I learnt the fundamental of travel industry and was exposed to different types of bookings.
Great benefits, but lacking security
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Dorval, QCAugust 29, 2012
Pros: free flights, flexible hours
Cons: job security
I have nothing particularly bad to say about my experience with Air Canada, as the overall experience was indeed good, but also disappointing in the fact that company lay-offs came exactly at the point of my probation. It was unfortunate but nonetheless I understood the situation was out of anyone's control.
Salary is not good. But the benefits are good
Station Attendant (YVR) (Current Employee), YVRAugust 24, 2012
Pros: flight benefit
Cons: salary far less than the market standard
This is a good company to work with as far as the benefits goes.
Friendly hard working corporation
Operation Security Center (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 21, 2012
A typical day at work is a call center and we have other tasks to complete

I learned a lot from these place, mostly about security for our passengers traveling with us. I learned to multitask. I experienced to manage stressful situations and to be a leader by helping others because I'm the oldest in the sonority for the team of full time and night – more... shifts.

Our management take care of us very well. Each of them give us respect and sign of appreciation of our work like every work environment should be.

My co-workers are like family, I treat them with respect and equality. We all share the same space and work that's why we all work hard to provide good service and complete ever task of the day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the team,
having a team is one of the most important because we all work for the same company, we must have all the same goals, to complete our work in a good atmosphere helps.

The hardest part of job is the night shifts from 23-9. – less
Friendly hard working corporation
Operation Security Center (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 21, 2012
A typical day at work is to always put ourselves on ready for the next call to be pick-up for our agents at the airport to not wait for us, between calls and dead periods we have tasks to complete in Excel. We have special projects and other preparations depending what our we are doing.

I learned a lot from these place, mostly about security for our – more... passengers traveling with us. I learned to multitask. I experienced to manage stressful situations and to be a leader by helping others because I'm the oldest in the sonority for the team of full time and night shifts.

Our management take care of us very well, we have 4 ladies working the Passenger Assessment team, which they provide us help when calls are waiting, we have 7 on-calls to manage decision during after hours, and we have 3 managers for our security. Each of them give us respect and sign of appreciation of our work like every work environment should be.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the team,

The hardest part of job is the night shifts from 23-9. – less
Great working conditions and good benefits
machinist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 8, 2012
Enjoy the challenge of working on aircraft. Training on the job was great. learning to use the latest equipment and new skills.
exiting
Station Attendant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 7, 2012
very good job every day is different and full of enjoyment, you get to learn many things and become skilled very quickly
Delays can cause stress. Working the holidays is not always nice.
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 1, 2012
Pros: discount fares
Cons: flying stand-by
-Unpradictable.(wich is expected in this business).

-How to work under pressure and operate machinery in a timley manner, to insure the saftey of passangers and crews. And the people who you could depend on.

-Most managers were self serving. The good managers were let go by upper management, who where even more self indulgent.

-I worked with a lot – more... of hard working, loyal, dedicated people. Unfortunatly there where alot of oppurtunists.

-Enduring the elements. We get used to it, but we never get used to dangers involved, especially when you a loose a co worker.

-Being able to travel..When you can.. – less
It's a good company!
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), montreal, quebecJuly 25, 2012
I love my job, it's a fun job, I am always on the road, I get to travel and meet a lot of people. My Director is a very nice person to work with, she is professional. I've learned a lot, because we offer so many destinations around the world. A typical day at work is to visit my travel agencies in my area.
Miss managed and Corporate Greed with a powerless union
Stockkeeper (Former Employee), Dorval, QCJuly 24, 2012
Pros: people of diverse cultures getting along while getting the job done.
Cons: corporate greed, mismanagement, abuse of company priveleges
Great family atmosphere with much comrade. Great benefits with great pension plan. Flight privileges was a fantastic perk. Great workman skills and pride to maintain high degree of standard towrds flight safety. But too much Greed at the top and abuse from disgruntled employees and powerless union. Too Bad I would love to be still working for the airline – more... that represents this country however and somehow be part of it seeing better days. – less
Was a good career
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 19, 2012
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: airline industry is unstable
Was a call centre but was rewarded with a great salary and benefits.
They try to lure you in with free trips, but treat you like garbage
Head office employee (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 10, 2012
Pros: great deals on vacations
Cons: too many office politics and backstabbing - no one is safe here...
Although not all days were bad - it is vital for you to get involved in the political environment and animosity that exists in this environment if you want to succeed. I was not interested in getting involved, and thus, I parted ways. If you are a smart person with some self respect, you will not demean yourself to work for a corporation like this. – more... It may seem nice to get a free trip once a year (to an awful hotel, may I add), but I would rather get paid more anywhere else than receive a free vacation.... – less
Productive and a work place with television at the resting area.
Sales and Services Agent (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 18, 2012
Learned to be patient when it comes to satisfy the customer. A wonderful work team .
The hardest part of the job is to get the passenger where they want with the miles when we know that they are so many restrictions for the reward tickets.
The most enjoyable part is being able to satisfy.
very productive and highly skilled work force
Shop Technician ( Tooling ) (Former Employee), Dorval, QCJune 3, 2012
highly skilled work force, good training facilities. World class reputation in the aircraft, component, and engine maintenance.
Good training
Lead Mechanic / Crew Chief / Aircraft Inspector (Former Employee), VancouverMay 25, 2012
Pros: lead mechanic
Training (safety,human factor,technical and pension is good for long term employement).
Hardest is night shift work for a long time.
Unions completely dominate the workplace.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 15, 2012
If you enjoy being manipulated by union mentality including how to vote at election time then this is the place for you to start a career.

About Air Canada

Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air – Read more