Air Canada

Air Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Disappointed
Mechanic (Former Employee), Montreal DorvalMarch 25, 2012
Company had a promising future until for financial reasons and others decided to sell the division.
No extra curricular activities
Senior Manpower Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 24, 2012
Pros: flight benefits and flexible work hours.
Cons: working long hours with no compensation.
Very busy day. Stress management. Prioritize. Problem solve. Management communication is limited. Co-workers are very unionized. Work longer than usual hours with no compensation. Hardest part of the job is problem solving pay queries and certain union issues. Most enjoyable part is getting a resolution to problems.
Leading handling airline at LHR
International Training Coordinator (Current Employee), LondonMarch 4, 2014
Pros: flights
Cons: management
Used to be an excellent employer
Due to a forced TUPE situation, I will not be able to review
Interesting Job
Station Attendant Ramp / Pushback (Current Employee), London Heathrow Airport, ENGFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: cheap flights
Cons: car parking
Great company to work for. I have learned all about different types of aircraft.We deal with the arrival and departure of aircraft which includes loading and unloading ,Pushing back the aircraft and making sure we meet the turnaround times.
Professional airline
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), London Heathrow Airport, ENGJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good perks and professional
Such a splendid experience at the age I joined I was so lucky to work for Air Canada and gain some knowledge
good
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2013
good airline, good company to work. Heavy work load. Employees are very helpful.
EXCITING
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2013
MY LIFE EXPERIENCE WITH THE AIRLINE WAS SO CHALLENGING AND KNOWLEDGABLE.
I MADE A LOT OF FRIENDS AND ACQUAINTANCES THROUGH THE YEARS.
Exciting work enviorment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), East Boston, MAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: exciting, great benefits, travel benefits
Cons: commuting into boston, and parking cost.
A typical day was filled with various duties and assigments. I learned all aspects of airline operations. Management was supportive and co-workers have become life long friends. The hardest part of the job was the commute into Logan Airport.
Customer Service and Sales Agent
Customer Service (Current Employee), London HeathrowAugust 20, 2013
A typical day at work will include face to face contact with passengers checking them in for their flight as well as dealing with any problems they have.
Baggage desk job is in my blood
Baggage Agent (Former Employee), PuneJuly 20, 2013
Pros: epkto
Cons: yyh
handled baggage, Philfer, Lost and found, Also have worked for Elite and Super Elite Desk for Air Canada, Have received appreciation from Air Canada
Worst Place I have worked at
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 21, 2013
I was an agent out of EWR Newark, NJ it was the worst place to work at. The co- workers there are cut throat an out for self. Management in no way wants you to succeed. Unrealistic probationary period of 6 months where you can not be late and or call out sick from work. Union can't and will not represent you if you don't pass probation. But you are – more... paying the union initiation fees and union dues out of your check. This was no way a great company to work for, not even there flight benefits are not as great for a main line airline. Would not ever recommend any one to work for this company!!!!! – less
GREAT CO-WORKERS AND EXCITING DAILY ACTIVITIES
Customer Service Ticketing Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: travel discount
Cons: bounced between 2 airports management unsupportive
MANAGEMENT ARE NOT TEAM PLAYER CENTERED BUT QUITE AN EXPERIENCE
Great colleagues!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), MIA & FLLJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: space available travel
MIA and FLL airports attract the BEST, smartest, friendliest customer service agents .... they continuously shine is a rough environment!
Aviation industry is one of excellent place to work at.Joyful.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2012
Hectic day at start, assigning work, ordering parts, being on top of daily issues, consulting with management, being a part of the team with your co-workers and management, to get alone with every one, accomplishment and fulfillment of the task at the end of the day.
Good Company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 8, 2012
Pros: good management
Cons: lack of permanent positions
Worked for them as a seasonal Customer Service Agent in Miami. Loved working there. They have some problems as all companies do that have employees protected by unions, but overall it is a good place to work. The station manager is an exceptional individual and I would work for her any day.
Unfortunately, the position was just for the season as permanent – more... opportunities are limited with Air Canada in Miami – less
Challenging yet interesting assignment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2012
Pros: great benefits, travel priveleges
I have the privilege of interacting with people from all nations and cultures.Atypical day at work begins very early with my passengers, I have learned a lot about the needs of various cultures from around the world. Management is very supportive anf my co workers are always available to assist. i really cannot place my finger on any part of my job – more... that is hard. it just rquires careful adherence to Aviation compliance. the most enjoyable part of my job is the daily interaction with the different cultures from all around the world – less
Excellent place to work.
Supervisor Computer Operations ( years ago) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 8, 2012
Pros: solid environment to have a career, flight passes can be good.
Cons: airline = 24 hours a day.
Everyone is a key member of the big team that makes the planes fly. It's a great place to work with a wonderful history and exciting future.
constant changing environment
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ontarioNovember 12, 2011
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: unions lack of support for their members
It was an exciting place as there was always new adventures and the employees were a great crew of people.
environnement de travail était agréable
agent passager chez Air Canada (Former Employee), Dorval, QCApril 12, 2014
une journée de travail typique.... vous devez être en forme car en tant qu'agent de départ nous courrons d'une porte a l'autre pour rencontrer un vol et ensuite se rendre pour faire un départ ...mais le challenge est toujours la car aucun départ ne se ressemble et aucun passager non plus... mon mandat personnel était de prendre un passager en colère – more... et de l'aider et qu'il parte en souriant et content – less
n/a en entrevue seulement - uniquement parce que l'information est requise
Entrée de données, Traitement de Textes (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: n/a en entrevue seulement - uniquement parce que l'information est requise
Cons: n/a en entrevue seulement - uniquement parce que l'information est requise
n/a en entrevue seulement - uniquement parce que l'information est requise

About Air Canada

Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air – Read more