Air Canada

Air Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
exiting
Station Attendant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 7, 2012
very good job every day is different and full of enjoyment, you get to learn many things and become skilled very quickly
Delays can cause stress. Working the holidays is not always nice.
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 1, 2012
Pros: discount fares
Cons: flying stand-by
-Unpradictable.(wich is expected in this business).

-How to work under pressure and operate machinery in a timley manner, to insure the saftey of passangers and crews. And the people who you could depend on.

-Most managers were self serving. The good managers were let go by upper management, who where even more self indulgent.

-I worked with a lot – more... of hard working, loyal, dedicated people. Unfortunatly there where alot of oppurtunists.

-Enduring the elements. We get used to it, but we never get used to dangers involved, especially when you a loose a co worker.

-Being able to travel..When you can.. – less
Miss managed and Corporate Greed with a powerless union
Stockkeeper (Former Employee), Dorval, QCJuly 24, 2012
Pros: people of diverse cultures getting along while getting the job done.
Cons: corporate greed, mismanagement, abuse of company priveleges
Great family atmosphere with much comrade. Great benefits with great pension plan. Flight privileges was a fantastic perk. Great workman skills and pride to maintain high degree of standard towrds flight safety. But too much Greed at the top and abuse from disgruntled employees and powerless union. Too Bad I would love to be still working for the airline – more... that represents this country however and somehow be part of it seeing better days. – less
Was a good career
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 19, 2012
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: airline industry is unstable
Was a call centre but was rewarded with a great salary and benefits.
They try to lure you in with free trips, but treat you like garbage
Head office employee (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 10, 2012
Pros: great deals on vacations
Cons: too many office politics and backstabbing - no one is safe here...
Although not all days were bad - it is vital for you to get involved in the political environment and animosity that exists in this environment if you want to succeed. I was not interested in getting involved, and thus, I parted ways. If you are a smart person with some self respect, you will not demean yourself to work for a corporation like this. – more... It may seem nice to get a free trip once a year (to an awful hotel, may I add), but I would rather get paid more anywhere else than receive a free vacation.... – less
Productive and a work place with television at the resting area.
Sales and Services Agent (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 18, 2012
Learned to be patient when it comes to satisfy the customer. A wonderful work team .
The hardest part of the job is to get the passenger where they want with the miles when we know that they are so many restrictions for the reward tickets.
The most enjoyable part is being able to satisfy.
very productive and highly skilled work force
Shop Technician ( Tooling ) (Former Employee), Dorval, QCJune 3, 2012
highly skilled work force, good training facilities. World class reputation in the aircraft, component, and engine maintenance.
Good training
Lead Mechanic / Crew Chief / Aircraft Inspector (Former Employee), VancouverMay 25, 2012
Pros: lead mechanic
Training (safety,human factor,technical and pension is good for long term employement).
Hardest is night shift work for a long time.
Unions completely dominate the workplace.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 15, 2012
If you enjoy being manipulated by union mentality including how to vote at election time then this is the place for you to start a career.
Good company
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 6, 2012
Good job, good salary. Interesting work, a good place to develop your skills.
It was a very fun place to work with alot of opertunities for advancement.
Aircraft mechanic, team leader, parts planner (Former Employee), Dorval,QuebecMay 1, 2012
A typical day required me to trouble shoot tooling and equipment required for repairs on aircraft parts.
I learned a lot throughout my career and have always risen to the challenges put before me. The hardest part of the job was the politics and not always having the financial backing to move forward with the aviation industry.
worst company to work for
CSSA (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2012
Cons: everything
I have worked for this company and it was the worst time of my life.
Air Canada Review
Station Attendant (Former Employee), TorontoApril 26, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor job advancement
A typical day at work was very repetitive I learned what to do very fast.Management was very diligent in their efforts to train others.I enjoyed the job but did not make it threw probation period due to failing a training course.The co-workers were great.
Fun work place
Technical and engineering support Coordinator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 30, 2012
excellent Training programs, flex work hours. good working relation. Team work.
fun to work for
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2012
This Canada's one of best company to work for lots of benefits and good salary.
Disappointed
Mechanic (Former Employee), Montreal DorvalMarch 25, 2012
Company had a promising future until for financial reasons and others decided to sell the division.
No extra curricular activities
Senior Manpower Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 24, 2012
Pros: flight benefits and flexible work hours.
Cons: working long hours with no compensation.
Very busy day. Stress management. Prioritize. Problem solve. Management communication is limited. Co-workers are very unionized. Work longer than usual hours with no compensation. Hardest part of the job is problem solving pay queries and certain union issues. Most enjoyable part is getting a resolution to problems.
Dream Job
Ground customer service agent (Former Employee), Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3 Station, ENGJune 29, 2014
In all honesty I wish I could have stayed but family did not work well with shift patterns.
Enjoyed every minute and the air port atmosphere was exciting.
Amazing career, Loved to travel, passionate to meet new people
Purser Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Montreal, Toronto and Halifax basedMay 2, 2014
Pros: it changes constantly, strong customers skill required, travel, benefit
Cons: no cons
Get ready for flight, review procedure and service with staff, welcome guests and ensure that they would enjoy every minute on board our flight, best customer service, and safe travel, following safety regulation and policy.

First started as a flight attendant and was promoted to purser flight attendant for strong leadership skills. The love of people – more... makes this career the perfect one as we meet new crew and customers on almost every flight. Simply delightful.

The unpredictability of traveling makes this career exciting and so rewarding when you step up to the plate and turn everyone's experience into the best of their life.

When I had my interview when first hired by Air Canada, I had been asked what was my fear...I answered: If someone wants chicken at 35,000 feet, what would I do to satisfy this guest. Now I know that their is always a way, we must simply be creative.

I loved to travel, enjoy culture and rewarding life of Flight Attendant. – less
clients satisfaction driven
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2014
Pros: nice hours
Cons: short break
I work part-time at the checking counter at hours when there was flights for Montréal, so I was able to use my French language.
Air Canada has planes to move from point A to point B and that the main concern: to get the plane to leave on time, so the work can be stressful at time, especially during summer and holidays.

About Air Canada

Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air – Read more