Air Canada Employee Reviews

Crew Chief
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2016
Managed 40+ employees in international baggage operations. Coordinated and distributed all international baggage worldwide destinations departing out of Vancouver international. Supervised and managed transboarder US destinations baggage systems.
très bonne ambiance de travaille
Mécanicien d'entretien , concierge (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 September 2016
très bonne condition de travail , j'ai travaillée au total plus de 20 ans pour Air Canada , je me suis occupé de santé sécurité , et participé a plusieurs activité organiser par l'entreprise
Pros
avantage
Cons
quelque fois lenteur des procédure
A day at the Airport
Bilingual Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2016
Working at the airport is not for everyone. It is a busy, stressful environment but also very rewarding in itself. The work atmosphere can be stressful but it is very unique because of all the different people you meet.
I learned how to manage my stress and how to thrive under a lot of pressure while working at the airport. The management is great and very understanding, and my co-workers were respectful, helpful and diverse.
The hardest part of the job was undoubtedly the stress that comes along with it, but the people that I met was what made me motivated to come to work everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Overal good place to work
DIRECTOR, SAFETY, SECURITY & ENVIRONMENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Air Canada has a long legacy, which works to its benefit and detriment all at the same time. Opportunity for advancement is limited, and often silo-ed making for a difficult organic growth process for someone's career.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Departmental Silos
Not as glamorous as agents in the terminal
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 September 2016
Lifting bags from 5 to 80lbs while stacking them up to 7ot 8 feet
Working in confined spaces
Using equipment that sometimes inadequately maintained.
Pros
Medical Benefits for PT work, Flight benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting, bad equipment
Great group of co-workers
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON7 September 2016
Working as a station attendant is one of the more unique jobs that I've had. First off the people are great, lots of fun and laughs to the point where at times it doesn't even feel like work. That being said, the work isn't for everyone. You have to work in the elements, rain, snow, hail, heat, cold, you name it. A big positive is the flexibility in your schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits
Cons
Weather
Safety and performance
Lead, Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2016
Pros- Solid efforts by company to promote employees who want to grow. Training and resources were by far best I have seen in any work place. A lot of very caring staff and willing to spend the money on fleet improvements and safety.. the most impressive follow through on Aviation safety in NA imho.

Cons- some unresolved union items in my time, including a short funded pension.
envirenement de travail sécuritaire
Technicien en avionique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 August 2016
bonne compagnie en général.
expérience diverse a avoir, avions très variés et tous l'outillage nécessaire disponible
Pros
horaire comfortable
Cons
pas de sécurité d'emploi
Clean and Safe place
Host (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
Enjoy and exciting, Learned how to make a good raport to each other. I like the safety during i'm staying at my work. The most enjoyable is to see all the people arround you with a beautiful smile and very kind.
Pros
I'm feel safe inside
Cons
no free lunch
Management is not fair.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 August 2016
They should stop hiring tons of people and let go of the experienced once.

They always hire new station attendants, and then they keep on cutting people because its either they fail the written exams that are non-sense at the first place. they base their employees ability through a piece of paper.
Pros
Great benefits if they let you pass your probation
Cons
They will cut you so easily if you're under probation
Great company to work for.
Baggage Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 August 2016
Air Canada is a great company to work for. They have amazing benefits and great management. Great work environment for employees.
Great Company
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2016
Air Canada is a great company because they offer a fun working environment.
Team Leaders are motivating and very supportive.
My co-workers were friendly as well.
Pros
Discount Travel
Cons
Late Hours
Great company to work for
Flight Attendant / Service Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON28 July 2016
The work as a flight attendant is very dynamic. The job can change on a dime and with that it can present challenges and opportunities. No day at work is the same as the previous day. One has to be very adaptable to cope with an ever changing environment.

It comes with many responsibilities, from safety of customers and peers to customer service. It is a fun and exciting job
Pros
Dynamic work environment
Cons
exposure to radiation and lack of oxygen at high altitudes
aircanada experience
Agent passager, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 July 2016
A big great team with a nice environment at the airport that made me learn a lot
benefits
Cons
the fact that your temporary in the beginning
Fast pace work environment with great benefits.
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  YYZ18 July 2016
This job is not for the faint of heart. It is definitely a fast pace workplace with a lot of risks but it is very rewarding to be a part of such a large prestigious company. You receive great health benefits as well as flight benefits. It is very enjoyable working with different air crafts and the people you meet while working are very nice and friendly.
tres bonne comoagnie
agent de réservation service clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC14 July 2016
les salaires pourrais être revu a la hausse . Beaucoup de politiques et règles interne travail majoritairement en anglais.
Pros
voyages a peu de frais
Cons
salaire
Great Experience, yet tiring
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Goose Bay, NL12 July 2016
Great place to work with fun people. A very different environment-one must brave the harsh elements. Great travel perks and advantages from this company. Excellent opportunity for those interested in aviation.
Professional Environment
Flight Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto7 July 2016
Air Canada has given me the knowledge base to expand my skill set in other professional areas.I have learned how to manage my time, and now understand the importance of "internal customers". A typical day would include assisting students with their training, responding to emails and coordinating future training plans.
Challenging
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 June 2016
My job is challenging and a fast pace work environment, my co-workers are fun to work with and we present ourselves as a team in the work place. Our goal is professional and positive work which will show our customers we will do the best we can for them.
Pros
Great place to work.
Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Agents Bilingues de Ventes et Service Clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 June 2016
Meilleure compagnie pour laquelle j'ai travaillé. L'esprit d'équipe est super. J'ai rencontré d'excellent collègue. La formation est lourde, mais tout à fait nécessaire
Pros
rabais voyages
Cons
aucuns