Air Canada Employee Reviews

csr
cssa (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 3, 2015
very good company to work for a very good team environment and hours are not bad and local transportation available. I learn new things everyday and help others in wheel chairs or any other special need.
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2015
Very fun environment. Learnt a lot from this company, I've learnt how to boil down frustrated customers and boil down a lot of situations that requires a managers assistance.
Great job lots of career advancements avaible union job
Aircraft Maintenance M2 engineer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 19, 2015
Great job but lots and lots of lay offs not permanent job
but great company to work for great benefits lots of travelling
I worked as aviation tech apprentice working on dash 8 aircrafts converting 100 series in to 300 series all of sudden one day while working we got laid off atleast 30 engineers plus apprentices if your there for longer then 6 months you have very minimum to worry about I wasn't so lucky!
Cons
management and maintenance team does not get along
Long term Strategic vision
Manager- CRE Vendor Contract Administration (Current Employee) –  MontrealJuly 13, 2015
The strategic plan currently in place is visionary and put AC into a highly competitive international playing field.
It is not difficult to get motivated to work here on a daily basis.
Pros
All good
A fun place to work.
Cabin Services (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 15, 2015
I really had a good almost 8 years to work in the company. Management were very fair and always helpful. We worked outside the Terminal at all times, freezing cold, etc. It wasn't always fun in terms of weather like, but because of everyone getting along on the job, it just really felt so easy coming to work everytime. No regrets. We've been layed off since May 2014 and to this day, I still miss it.
Cons
bad weather
Line maintenance
ame (Former Employee) –  vancouver, b.c.December 26, 2014
Fun bunch of people to work with but the company seems to want to get rid of all high time high experience people and hire cheaper labor with little or no experience and have the maint control in Halifax tell them what and how to fix snags that will occur. most of these people have never seen the airplane and are managers with bottom lines and bonuses in mind and not AME`s or mechanics, which has soured the work environment to the point where the employees no longer care\
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
night shift, long hours, miserable employees, managers routinely lie to get themselves ahead, union will take your dues but will not stick up for anyone.p for
Fantastic Job Opportunity
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2014
Through this job I have gotten to travel the world, interact with people from all stages of life, observe different cultures and grow as a person. I am usually on call and therefore do not have much stability. My schedule varies greatly from month to month and I can get called with as little as 2.5hrs notice, which is the hardest part of the job. I have however enjoyed working with such compassionate and diverse people and I have enjoyed being kept on my toes constantly awaiting my next adventure.
Great Place to Work
Station Attendant/Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  CalgaryDecember 1, 2014
My responsibilities were:
 Supervision of 10-15 warehouse staff
 Operation of electrical, gas and diesel forklift and pallet jacks
 Operation of other related equipment for loading/unloading of trucks and aircraft
 Adherence to strict safety procedures and practices; conducting frequent checks in internal and external areas
 Reporting and correcting deficiencies to ensure the protection, security, ease, and
expediency of staff and customers
 Maintaining records of service stoppage, reporting a range of incidents and tool
failures
 Creating bills of lading
 Daily use of scanners to process cargo
 Responsible for processing and auditing shipping and receiving of cargo
Great Company
In-Flight Service Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2014
Great hours and overtime, you can manage your own schedule. Fly to great destinations and meet a variety of skilled and pleasent co-workers and passengers. Flying in the summer is better for perdiem, with many layovers. Hardest part is staying out of company drama and you feel like your always walking on egg shells. Make sure you don't book yourself on too much as your health and mental stress can get overwhelming fast!!
Great Opportunities
MANAGER, CUSTOMER SERVICE - RAMP/SALES/ASSETS (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 17, 2015
- Educational
- Full days
- Great variety of people to work with
- Travel Benefits
- Ability to work in different cities
- Uniforms paid for
Pros
Opportunity to learn and contribute
Cons
Pay
Challenging and interesting environment to work in.
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 25, 2015
Great team to work with. Exposure to wide range of technologies and applications, some very unique to airline industry. Job allowed for daily contact with many customers.
what I learned..
Service Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2014
Flying the world has given me a huge insight on people, how we communicate, managing difficult situations, and an opportunity to move up and work within management. It has made me grow as a person, taught me the importance of teamwork and effective communication.
Pros
seeing the world, learning about different cultures, great food!
Cons
long hours, always away in different countrys-hard to balance work and life.
Productive and really interesting place to work. Great Travel Privileges
Warehouse - Stock Keeper/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCNovember 1, 2014
I learnt a lot of things there, working on a robot was very interesting but could get long when the Robot broke down, Driving a golf cart from shop to shop delivering the parts. nice co-workers, Driving the heavy equipment wasn't the easiest at the beginning but got easier with practice.
Pros
great travel privileges
Cons
dont have any
Work to Rule
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2014
Air Canada Is a Union Based company, if you don't have thick skin it is definitely not for you. The pay structure is completely wrong. you will have people doing the exact same work beside each other and one will be getting payed 45 an Hr and the other 10 an Hr, they cannot keep the part time employees because it is to dangerous, I saw many part time people hurt and the workers compensation claims are out of this world. 30 to 40 people a day call in sick. So if you want help cause someone called in sick, forget it you can just work your but off. Benefits are like a con game they will dangle them in front of you to entice you to sign on, but you will never get to use them as you have to phone India as that is where the call center is if you want to use them, Take a number get in line.

Yes I think you get the Message, hopefully.
Pros
pain, agony
Cons
its a rip off.
mis-managed
Lead Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
This is a job that is based solely on how long you have been there...Management is completely out to lunch (half of them are not even trained for the job they are trying to manage)..

Flight benefits? Don't even try to fly in the summer or during the holiday peak period unless you have a ton of seniority..Union and management do not get along, don't even know why there is a union, they really don't help with anything.

Pay is low for the work, and the pension is on the brink of collapse..
about the role
Employee Communication Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2014
• Developing and executing communication initiatives to engage employees in the operations divisions.
• Providing communications counsel to management colleagues.
• Overseeing development, layout and maintenance of intranet content.
• Evaluating communication failures and developing/implementing solutions. Conducting quality assurance and surveys to measure effectiveness.
• Launching Air Canada’s enterprise social media network and driving community engagement.
• Benchmarking industry trends.
Pros
start up opportunity
Cons
no personal career growth
Challenges
CSSA / LEAD (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 23, 2014
I began there just before the Ice Storm of 99. Pilot's Strike ... Possible bankruptcy, Taking on another Airline ... change of CEO etc ... and I still loved my job from the first call to the last ... due to circumstances beyond my control I had to leave, but would go back in a heartbeat. I miss my co-workers, the customers and overall atmosphere.
Pros
co-workerks, health benefits, and ravel priveleges
Poor workplace
Merchandising clerk (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCApril 28, 2015
Boring and repetitive work. No real opportunity in terms of advancement. The management disregards your concerns without providing for needs and avoids any further contact. A huge lack of empathy in regards to needs of employee.
Would not recommend for others to apply into this department.
Call Centre Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCApril 22, 2014
Assisting clientèle with their travel needs.
Learned the company offers many destinations to its clientele.
New surge of management is under-qualified to handle work affairs and extremely unprofessional, unfortunately.
Co-workers I associated with are tremendous.
Hardest part is the unstable environment and complete lack of professionalism throughout the office.
Most enjoyable part is camaraderie with my select co-workers and making a true difference to the clientèle.
Pros
tremendous customers.
Cons
complete lack of professionalism.
Overall poor
Marketing (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 2, 2014
Pro: Gained worked experience, met some great people, some good deals if able to utilize them

Cons: Little to no growth opportunities, no recognition, no encouragement, company does not adapt, does not nurture talent or inspire loyalty, low salary, lots of office politics (backstabbing, lies, bias etc), overworked and worked additional hours without any recognition or pay, human resources slow to respond and are unhelpful - you need to followup at least three to four times before someone brushes you off even further, management often do not know the systems they are using, many managers are clearly not qualified for their positions, many policies lack thought and action, etc
Pros
discounts on travel
Cons
low salary