Air Canada Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with ability to travel around
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
All crew members are friendly, destinations are great and always technologically innovative. Always seeking advancement in different fields to accommodate the needs for customers and employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
unstable days
Overall fine
Edmonton Air Canada Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton29 May 2016
Satisfied with the job. However sudden lay off is non digestable. In fact, I did not prepared for the lay off.

Overall the job is very nice and challenging. I like the challenges in work place as I all always prepared to take challenges to prove my self.
Seniority
Airport Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2016
The seniority at Air Canada Jazz is hard to deal with it but I did it. Too much micromanagement. It did not allow for any movement.
Pros
Travel passes
Cons
micromanagement, lack of direction
Interesting
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Paradise, NL27 May 2016
First job, enjoyed it very much. Opportunities to advance, base level entry career. Enjoyed management position immensely.
Customer Service Manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2016
Absolutely loved my position . But due to cutbacks and the company unwilling to accommodate my disability/ fibromyalgia I was packaged off . Also the Director for Western Canada was extremely unsupportive of me even though I was the most knowledgeable manager on base.

Loved my job, our customers and being our brand ! was a proud AC employee and will forever miss it
Pros
Working for Air Canada
Cons
hard shift hours
Traveling benefits!
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 May 2016
Self learning. Making your own decisions that satisfies the client and company. Ability to adapt quickly with changes on site.
Pros
Free hotels pearks for flights
Cons
Under paid and demanding
Typical giant coorperation
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2016
There was never a job I ever loved more then this one in my life, this was my true calling had I only started at a time in my life where I could afford low wages.

the compensation is really good as far as travel goes. union and medical benefits are as good as the government of Canada, and past probation job security is all but guaranteed.
I recommend this for young student who maybe picked the wrong thing in school and needs a good place to grow.

The staff I worked with was more then helpful and made me feel like a part of a family. I found pride and satisfaction doing my job every day. If the job could pay me more I probably would never have left

advancement is easy but you need to know, I was in the mix for a promotion before I finished probation, it is possible, most employees are over 20years experience not willing to leave the union.
Pros
90$ to tokiyo or delhi few times a year
Cons
your just a number to coorperate management
Chosen as one of Canada's Top 100 employers in 2015
STATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC2 May 2016
Air Canada provided a safe work place and a wide rage of benefits, health care including medication,dental and eye care. In addition very low cost air travel.
Pros
flight privileges
Cons
shift work which includes, evenings, weekends and holidays
Great Environment to lear
FLIGHT ATTENDANT TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2016
In so little time, I got to learn so much and would be more that happy to continue in this field. Working as a valued team member, Air Canada is a very good employer
enjoy my work
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2016
the most important day at workplace for me is first day.I believe on first impression is last ,i am a hard working person thats why i stay on one job last long.i can work as team and by myself both way am comfortable coz work is work .

Want to know more about Air Canada?

Ask a question
Great company & place to work at
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
Great company & place to work at.
On a daily basis there is an opportunity to learn new skills.
We represent Canada values.
Love working at Air Canada
Corporate Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 April 2016
I enjoy working for Air Canada. There are lots of great people in various departments of the company and the flying benefits are great.
An friendly and active work environment, safe and maintained properly as per airport standardsf
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 April 2016
Fast paced and a great work environment. Loud and high pressure and stressful situations. Working to get each flight out safely and on time. Everybody worked as a team and kept a positive attitude in high pressure situations which was most of the time. Dealing with the extreme weather, high winds and extremely cold temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was driving the loader to the aircraft, getting to use the heavy machinery and also the positive work environment. If anyone ever had a issue they would talk it out in a positive manner. Always left work with a smile.
Pros
Flight Benefits, Positive Environment
Cons
Extreme weather conditions
Great time
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2016
Everyone that works there, staff, management is fantastic to work with and allows for an enjoyable work atmosphere. Would definitely love to work for them again.
Productive work, friendly coworkers, quiet atmosphere
Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2016
The office was generally quiet, easy to be productive and get work done. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful, and I enjoyed the working atmosphere. It was nice to have lunch outside in the courtyard, trees and shade to sit under, and a nice cafeteria indoors.
Always Something New to Learn
Business Analyst, Application Support (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC21 March 2016
A company as large as Air Canada has many different departments, all offering something new and interesting for an employee to learn.
fun, low pay job with great flight benefit
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2016
lots of down times at work. Have to go through tons of training. Pay wage should be higher with today's living standard. Moving heavy bags from station to different station. It's a typical labor job for people who likes exercising.
Pros
Lots of training provided
Cons
extremely freezing in winter
Station Attendant - Calgary
Station Attendant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2016
Best place to work lots of down time, you learn a lot great benefits plus awesome flight benefits, easy to pick up shift or trade your own shift. you have to go through from tons of training.

It just pays less, Overall its a best company to work with.
Pros
Benefits and perks, easy to pick up shifts or trade shifts, lots of training, learning
Cons
less hours for part timers
Not a good place for work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
Modern slavery environment, dictator management CEO to the lower level lead. pay rate is very low, benefits just for a name, sounds good flying benefits, if you work tim horton you make more money and fly with conform ticket
Pros
Cons
Lots of
wonderful job, fun, low pay but great flight benefit
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 February 2016
wonderful place & company to work for. Fun easy job. Pay wage could use an improvement but job comes with perks & great flight benefit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.