Air Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

A very... Interesting place to work
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2015
The people I met and had contact with while working at air canada were all very special people.. the work was tedious and annoying as welll as the management didnt seem to know what they were doing..
Big and traditional company
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 11, 2015
I love to have the experience of working at such a traditional Canadian company for summer time. It's been only good experiences so far.
Pros
flight benefits when effective employee
Cons
angry passengers and work on weekends and holidays
I knew I was not going to end my career in that place.
Crew Scheduling Specialist, Flight Operations (Current Employee) –  Trois RivieresAugust 3, 2015
I knew when I took that job , that it was going to be part of a learning curve for me, and believe me it was. I have learned alot in selling product to customers that had a certain need and closing does sales asap before they changed their mind.
Life of a Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
My day as a Flight Attendant begins with a call from a crew scheduler. A day on the job, for a Flight Attendant that could mean a trip to Paris or an emergency landing. It can be fun, an adventure or both. The schedule and passenger challenge me in ways I could never imagine. In this job seniority rules, however nothing beats hanging out in Las Vegas for 24 hours with a company paid hotel and expenses money.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
not full time and away from home
Work was very enjoyable and senior management was not employee oriented.
Station Attendant - Air Side (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 16, 2015
The work that I did with AC was exciting, satisfying and very interesting. The unfortunate downside was that senior management at AC considered the employees to be more of a liability than an asset and was constantly finding fault with even the most minor things and rarely gave credit for a job well done. My immediate supervisors (I worked on a number of different ramp teams due to the shift work) were just the opposite. They were helpful, encouraging, informative and extremely supportive.The dichotomy was unfortunate.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Long hours and harsh working conditions in the winter
Long term Strategic vision
Manager- CRE Vendor Contract Administration (Current Employee) –  MontrealJuly 13, 2015
The strategic plan currently in place is visionary and put AC into a highly competitive international playing field.
It is not difficult to get motivated to work here on a daily basis.
Pros
All good
Air Canada
B2B Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 12, 2015
Air Canada was a great company, not celebrating #1 airline in North America for the five consecutive years. Extremely fun and friendly working environment where everyone treats you like a family. However, because it is an unionized environment with very high retention and years of service rate, not everyone is open to new innovation and challenges. Also, due to consistently changing working hours, it was really hard to have work and life balance. Being an individual who enjoys continues self- improvement and innovation, I decided to leave the company. However, overall it was an amazing working environment with such a big family.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
changing hours, and unionized environment, Low pay
An ok job, not a career
Station Attendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 28, 2015
Air Canada was just ok. The group I worked with was awesome and I had some great times working with the guys. I wanted to go back to school and because my position was Union based, Management wouldn't work with my school schedule (M-F 8:30am - 12:30pm). I quit and got a job at a hotel gift shop which funny enough paid more. Air Canada was begging for people and would fly people from other Airports just to fill the position. I didn't think that was right however I'm so glad I moved on. It was just a job not a career.
Pros
People
Cons
Low Pay, Does not support college Education
fun job with lots of benefits
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2015
Plenty of travel and new sights to see. Shift work was probably the biggest adjustment. Plenty of perks and benefits with a wonderful work environment.
Great Opportunities
MANAGER, CUSTOMER SERVICE - RAMP/SALES/ASSETS (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 17, 2015
- Educational
- Full days
- Great variety of people to work with
- Travel Benefits
- Ability to work in different cities
- Uniforms paid for
Pros
Opportunity to learn and contribute
Cons
Pay
High quality and profesionalism
Service Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMay 31, 2015
Great place to work. I had the best years of my life there. We were all a family, and at work we trusted each other because our lives depended of our team effort. The hardest part of the job were the long hours, sometimes 16 hours on flights to Japan, sometimes 20 hours waiting on turmags when there were winter storm or extreme weather conditions that forced the shut down of airports. An amazing experience that will stay in my heart for the rest of my life.
Pros
travelling around the world, choice and flexibility of shifts
Cons
good
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2015
long hours availble if needed
far commute
good managment
can work independently if required
not boring
good co-workers
not stressful
Pros
avaible hours
Cons
commute
Learning Experience
Area Sales Manager, Atlantic Canada (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 26, 2015
Involved extensive travel without much support from head office in Montreal.
Did not have co-workers as I was responsible for Atlantic Canada
The most challenging part of the job was not having any "hand on" support as I worked from my home office. Enjoyed developing a relationship with all the staff at each Travel Agency.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No support
Challenging and interesting environment to work in.
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 25, 2015
Great team to work with. Exposure to wide range of technologies and applications, some very unique to airline industry. Job allowed for daily contact with many customers.
station Attendent
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 24, 2015
First of all the training and test Is too difficult to pass. Even if you pass the test, they Will Work your butt off for minimum wage.
Pros
free lounch
Cons
low pay
fun work place is all about when someone is retireing
air canada cargo agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2015
typical days work is a very cold day when we overcome lots of simple problem i enjoy it you get lots of fun getting thru with the help of management and co workers the hardest part isgood comunication and our own simple skillsand the most enjoyable part is when we all done and sit and think about our entire day with so much working with each other
Pros
free coffee all day
Cons
overtime
Poor workplace
Merchandising clerk (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCApril 28, 2015
Boring and repetitive work. No real opportunity in terms of advancement. The management disregards your concerns without providing for needs and avoids any further contact. A huge lack of empathy in regards to needs of employee.
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2015
Got along with my co-workers. The most enjoyable is getting paid.
A typical day would be cleaning out the inside of the airplane.
Pros
Hard work
Cons
Short breaks
A company that does not value its employees
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova ScotiaApril 18, 2015
At a time when an employee experiences a work-related issue that victimizes him/her, management provides little if any support. Such a situation is traumatic enough to an employee, but with hardly any display of fairness or impartiality provided by any level of management leaves the employee feeling alone and threatened and with a much lowered work ethic and dedication to the company. The company is rife with "the old boys network" syndrome.
Pros
good flight benefits, problem solving, dynamic
Cons
a threatening, harassing and bullying environment
When In Doubt
Travel Consultant & Agent Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Montreal QCApril 12, 2015
After a year of working for Air Canada's inbound customer and sales dept, i was fortunate to be part of the Agent Help Desk. I had a great dept of knowledge of the company's policies and procedures. We guided coworkers who would call our line for guidance. The help desk also managed corporate files of major companies who flew with us, their credits, flight history and revenue.
Pros
Satisfaction of assisting coworkers
Cons
some people are more visual when it comes to explaining