Air Canada Employee Reviews

Station Attendant - Calgary
Station Attendant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2016
Best place to work lots of down time, you learn a lot great benefits plus awesome flight benefits, easy to pick up shift or trade your own shift. you have to go through from tons of training.

It just pays less, Overall its a best company to work with.
Pros
Benefits and perks, easy to pick up shifts or trade shifts, lots of training, learning
Cons
less hours for part timers
Miss managed and Corporate Greed with a powerless union
Stockkeeper (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC24 July 2012
Great family atmosphere with much comrade. Great benefits with great pension plan. Flight privileges was a fantastic perk. Great workman skills and pride to maintain high degree of standard towrds flight safety. But too much Greed at the top and abuse from disgruntled employees and powerless union. Too Bad I would love to be still working for the airline that represents this country however and somehow be part of it seeing better days.
Pros
people of diverse cultures getting along while getting the job done.
Cons
corporate greed, mismanagement, abuse of company priveleges
Professional Environment
Flight Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto7 July 2016
Air Canada has given me the knowledge base to expand my skill set in other professional areas.I have learned how to manage my time, and now understand the importance of "internal customers". A typical day would include assisting students with their training, responding to emails and coordinating future training plans.
Great Company
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2016
Air Canada is a great company because they offer a fun working environment.
Team Leaders are motivating and very supportive.
My co-workers were friendly as well.
Pros
Discount Travel
Cons
Late Hours
Work was very enjoyable and senior management was not employee oriented.
Station Attendant - Air Side (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 July 2015
The work that I did with AC was exciting, satisfying and very interesting. The unfortunate downside was that senior management at AC considered the employees to be more of a liability than an asset and was constantly finding fault with even the most minor things and rarely gave credit for a job well done. My immediate supervisors (I worked on a number of different ramp teams due to the shift work) were just the opposite. They were helpful, encouraging, informative and extremely supportive.The dichotomy was unfortunate.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Long hours and harsh working conditions in the winter
Great Experience, yet tiring
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Goose Bay, NL12 July 2016
Great place to work with fun people. A very different environment-one must brave the harsh elements. Great travel perks and advantages from this company. Excellent opportunity for those interested in aviation.
Always loved Pearson Airport
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2016
As a Canadian Citizen I can personally say that working at the Airport is one of the best working experiences. Aside from the fact that my coworkers were excellent people, I was able to learn how to handle everyday people. The benefits and bonuses of working at an airport alone is amazing, and anyone who enjoys reaping the benefits of their hard work will love this company.
Great time
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2016
Everyone that works there, staff, management is fantastic to work with and allows for an enjoyable work atmosphere. Would definitely love to work for them again.
good job culture
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2015
good job culture, low job turn over, and employees are friendly to each other. it is a good environment to start up a career and rise in the company.
Pros
good job culture
Love working at Air Canada
Corporate Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 April 2016
I enjoy working for Air Canada. There are lots of great people in various departments of the company and the flying benefits are great.
Customer Service Manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2016
Absolutely loved my position . But due to cutbacks and the company unwilling to accommodate my disability/ fibromyalgia I was packaged off . Also the Director for Western Canada was extremely unsupportive of me even though I was the most knowledgeable manager on base.

Loved my job, our customers and being our brand ! was a proud AC employee and will forever miss it
Pros
Working for Air Canada
Cons
hard shift hours
Entertainment place
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  40 Bay Street, Toronto. On21 November 2015
A typical day at work is cleaning throughout the Air Canada Center. First I vacuum and clean the VIP Suites, then cleaning the dressing room for players, followed by sweeping the court. After the event has finished I usually throw out the garbage. I learnt that timing is important, while also to make fans happy by cleaning the stadium and being professional. The management is always supporting us and encouraging us to do good, an example is giving us awards. They also give us accessories for the Raptors and Maple Leafs, while providing the necessities we need for work. The hardest part I have experienced is cleaning during crowded events. But my most enjoyable part of the job is listening to artists while they perform and celebrating with the fans when our team scores.
Pros
entertainment, nearby to my home
Cons
no benefit, too less hours
Operations Security Centre
Operations Security Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC1 February 2016
Awesome place to work, it was my first real office job and i got the training i needed and the people were amazing, staff lunches/suppers, Christmas parties, systems were very easy to work with. Only reason im not there anymore is because management changed when i left on Maternity leave and they gave away my seniority and i wasn't able to work nights at the time with a new born.
Entry level underpaid position
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 April 2014
Unfortunately the company pays less than scale for this job. As the schedule is unknown until 2 weeks in advance the job work/life balance is nil. Job security is unclear as the expectations do not meet customer service expectations that I have been taught and chose to adhere to.

The co-workers I came into the company with have a strong work ethic however what we have noticed is that other coworkers (not all but some) have none and do not come close to meeting the customer service the company states it expects to provide to it's clients.

The hardest part of the job is the schedule, as we are open 24hours and the schedules you have to chose from are first come first serve we were left with either overnight schedules or relief schedules, the relief schedules are not confirmed until two weeks before the date which leads to no planning of any kind more than 2 weeks ahead.

The most enjoyable part is dealing with the clients; I enjoy providing the best service I am able to and love the challenge of the system used. A good portion of my co-workers are hardworking and great to learn from.
Pros
The clients
Cons
salary/benefits and job work/life balance
Challenging
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 June 2016
My job is challenging and a fast pace work environment, my co-workers are fun to work with and we present ourselves as a team in the work place. Our goal is professional and positive work which will show our customers we will do the best we can for them.
Pros
Great place to work.
An ok job, not a career
Station Attendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta28 June 2015
Air Canada was just ok. The group I worked with was awesome and I had some great times working with the guys. I wanted to go back to school and because my position was Union based, Management wouldn't work with my school schedule (M-F 8:30am - 12:30pm). I quit and got a job at a hotel gift shop which funny enough paid more. Air Canada was begging for people and would fly people from other Airports just to fill the position. I didn't think that was right however I'm so glad I moved on. It was just a job not a career.
Pros
People
Cons
Low Pay, Does not support college Education
Great Benefits, terrible scheduling.
CSM Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearson, ON11 September 2012
The work life at Air Canada has its ups and downs which are understandable, especially with the great fluctuations in operational demand. The management is good, but there are flaws that are completely ignored and unattended. The only big negative in regards to the work itself would be the constantly disruptive work hours. There is often no steady work shift, regardless of position within the company.
benefits
Cons
irregular hours.
Line maintenance
ame (Former Employee) –  vancouver, b.c.26 December 2014
Fun bunch of people to work with but the company seems to want to get rid of all high time high experience people and hire cheaper labor with little or no experience and have the maint control in Halifax tell them what and how to fix snags that will occur. most of these people have never seen the airplane and are managers with bottom lines and bonuses in mind and not AME`s or mechanics, which has soured the work environment to the point where the employees no longer care\
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
night shift, long hours, miserable employees, managers routinely lie to get themselves ahead, union will take your dues but will not stick up for anyone.p for
No extra curricular activities
Senior Manpower Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 March 2012
Very busy day. Stress management. Prioritize. Problem solve. Management communication is limited. Co-workers are very unionized. Work longer than usual hours with no compensation. Hardest part of the job is problem solving pay queries and certain union issues. Most enjoyable part is getting a resolution to problems.
Pros
flight benefits and flexible work hours.
Cons
working long hours with no compensation.
very nice and energetic call centre
Instructeur (Current Employee) –  montreal quebec5 January 2013
I learned to work different departements , there is no typical day at work when working for a commuter airline .
I learned to train others, responsabilities for managerial tasks like evaluations and many more other tasks , received a certificat after taking a trainers coarse on creating and giving lesson plans .
The hardest part of the job was trying to give a coarse and the training environment works at only a percentage therefor it made it very difficult to give the corse when the material is not working .
Working with agents assisting them to find ways to hlp passengers stuck in cities due to cancelled flights and unable to find a way out. It is very gratifying to help people get where they need to be
Pros
insurance benefits health and travel
Cons
salary very low and even though i got hired as an instructor no pay raise