Air Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
High quality and profesionalism
Service Director (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 31, 2015
Pros: travelling around the world, choice and flexibility of shifts
Cons: long hours
Great place to work. I had the best years of my life there. We were all a family, and at work we trusted each other because our lives depended of our team effort. The hardest part of the job were the long hours, sometimes 16 hours on flights to Japan, sometimes 20 hours waiting on turmags when there were winter storm or extreme weather conditions that forced the shut down of airports. An amazing experience that will stay in my heart for the rest of my life.
good
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2015
Pros: avaible hours
Cons: commute
long hours availble if needed
far commute
good managment
can work independently if required
not boring
good co-workers
not stressful
Learning Experience
Area Sales Manager, Atlantic Canada (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 26, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: No support
Involved extensive travel without much support from head office in Montreal.
Did not have co-workers as I was responsible for Atlantic Canada
The most challenging part of the job was not having any "hand on" support as I worked from my home office. Enjoyed developing a relationship with all the staff at each Travel Agency.
Challenging and interesting environment to work in.
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 25, 2015
Great team to work with. Exposure to wide range of technologies and applications, some very unique to airline industry. Job allowed for daily contact with many customers.
station Attendent
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 24, 2015
Pros: free lounch
Cons: low pay
First of all the training and test Is too difficult to pass. Even if you pass the test, they Will Work your butt off for minimum wage.
fun work place is all about when someone is retireing
air canada cargo agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: free coffee all day
Cons: overtime
typical days work is a very cold day when we overcome lots of simple problem i enjoy it you get lots of fun getting thru with the help of management and co workers the hardest part isgood comunication and our own simple skillsand the most enjoyable part is when we all done and sit and think about our entire day with so much working with each other
Poor workplace
Merchandising clerk (Former Employee), Montreal, QCApril 28, 2015
Boring and repetitive work. No real opportunity in terms of advancement. The management disregards your concerns without providing for needs and avoids any further contact. A huge lack of empathy in regards to needs of employee.
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2015
Pros: Hard work
Cons: Short breaks
Got along with my co-workers. The most enjoyable is getting paid.
A typical day would be cleaning out the inside of the airplane.
A company that does not value its employees
Concierge (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaApril 18, 2015
Pros: good flight benefits, problem solving, dynamic
Cons: a threatening, harassing and bullying environment
At a time when an employee experiences a work-related issue that victimizes him/her, management provides little if any support. Such a situation is traumatic enough to an employee, but with hardly any display of fairness or impartiality provided by any level of management leaves the employee feeling alone and threatened and with a much lowered work ethic and dedication to the company. The company is rife with "the old boys network" syndrome.
When In Doubt
Travel Consultant & Agent Help Desk (Former Employee), Montreal QCApril 12, 2015
Pros: Satisfaction of assisting coworkers
Cons: some people are more visual when it comes to explaining
After a year of working for Air Canada's inbound customer and sales dept, i was fortunate to be part of the Agent Help Desk. I had a great dept of knowledge of the company's policies and procedures. We guided coworkers who would call our line for guidance. The help desk also managed corporate files of major companies who flew with us, their credits, flight history and revenue.
Its a hard job
STATION ATTENDANT ( Trainee) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
The job requires heavy lifting, good camaraderie with employees. I learned to drive inside the airport, airport layout, baggage handling and plane service upon their arrival.
Air Canada Dorval
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee), Dorval, QCApril 4, 2015
Overall great experience, with an amazing staff and managers. I loved every bit of the job and company. The managers always made sure everyone was happy and were always there when help was needed.
good for learning
system administrator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 1, 2015
Cons: not availabel cource and tarining
learn lots of thing in company , found lots of good friend and have fun with people,the most important part is working with people they like you
good work place, annual barbecue, social event
HPWO Partner (Former Employee), dorvalMarch 25, 2015
very interactive work place.
fun to work
good combination family/company
good work schedule, good atmosphere
Good training program, and continuous improvement personal
Great job lots of career advancements avaible union job
Aircraft Maintenance M2 engineer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 19, 2015
Cons: management and maintenance team does not get along
Great job but lots and lots of lay offs not permanent job
but great company to work for great benefits lots of travelling
I worked as aviation tech apprentice working on dash 8 aircrafts converting 100 series in to 300 series all of sudden one day while working we got laid off atleast 30 engineers plus apprentices if your there for longer then 6 months you have very minimum to worry about I wasn't so lucky!
excelente service
Barmaid at International maple leaf lounge (Former Employee), Dorval, QCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: Compass company management
Geat services at International maple leaf lounge, that I was bartending for 8 moths, air Canada give the best of the best, I kept my Vip clients always happy.
A fun place to work.
Cabin Services (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 15, 2015
Cons: bad weather
I really had a good almost 8 years to work in the company. Management were very fair and always helpful. We worked outside the Terminal at all times, freezing cold, etc. It wasn't always fun in terms of weather like, but because of everyone getting along on the job, it just really felt so easy coming to work everytime. No regrets. We've been layed off since May 2014 and to this day, I still miss it.
Excellente place to work
Data Controller/ Administration (Former Employee), YVRMarch 10, 2015
Good team players. Very good environment. Like the employees for good relationships and great communication. My job was very interesting because no days were the same.
Stable company
Station Attendant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 5, 2015
Excellent working environment especially in Montreal, Stable Company and job Culture.
The salary is not high, but the company has very good benefits
Excellent
Bilingual Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: work schedule met personal times
Cons: break hours were excellent.
Assisting passengers Check in at Kiosk with printing of Boarding Pass and Baggage tags. Standby for flights. Upgrade to preferred seating. Up-sell to Business Class. Paying excess Baggage Fees at Kiosk and upgrades.
Assisting Wheelchair passengers with Check in assistance and signing up for Wheelchair at SPAT Lobby.
Lobby assistance at Priority Check in Aisle One and Aisle 7.
Directing passengers arriving form Domestic or International to Transborder flights/gates.
Baggage Drop Check in and issuing tags for infant/Baby stroller and Gated or Standby Passengers.
Directing passengers to Ticket desk for miss-connections or who could have missed their flights for re-booking.to next available flights.
Informing passengers of Boarding times and Zonal Boarding at the gate.
Informing Lead or Managers when shortfall arises and need for extra staff.
Overall Experience - Very Good and looking forward to become a Full Time employee soon.
Check in Led, Managers on Duty and Manager Operations were very supportive during work or off work. Have full confidence and did get wonderful support from Check in staff or any AC staff whilst on duty..
Employees