Air Canada Employee Reviews

enjoy my work
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2016
the most important day at workplace for me is first day.I believe on first impression is last ,i am a hard working person thats why i stay on one job last long.i can work as team and by myself both way am comfortable coz work is work .
Traveling benefits!
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 May 2016
Self learning. Making your own decisions that satisfies the client and company. Ability to adapt quickly with changes on site.
Pros
Free hotels pearks for flights
Cons
Under paid and demanding
A company that does not value its employees
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia18 April 2015
At a time when an employee experiences a work-related issue that victimizes him/her, management provides little if any support. Such a situation is traumatic enough to an employee, but with hardly any display of fairness or impartiality provided by any level of management leaves the employee feeling alone and threatened and with a much lowered work ethic and dedication to the company. The company is rife with "the old boys network" syndrome.
Pros
good flight benefits, problem solving, dynamic
Cons
a threatening, harassing and bullying environment
Great Summer Job
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2015
Took the position as a summer job while I was in post-secondary school and absolutely loved it. Gave me the core foundations for my future career in aviations. However I will say that since my time at Air Canada I have not been able to rejoin the company that gave me my start and it almost feels like I've been blacklisted from ever trying to apply again.
Entry level underpaid position
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 April 2014
Unfortunately the company pays less than scale for this job. As the schedule is unknown until 2 weeks in advance the job work/life balance is nil. Job security is unclear as the expectations do not meet customer service expectations that I have been taught and chose to adhere to.

The co-workers I came into the company with have a strong work ethic however what we have noticed is that other coworkers (not all but some) have none and do not come close to meeting the customer service the company states it expects to provide to it's clients.

The hardest part of the job is the schedule, as we are open 24hours and the schedules you have to chose from are first come first serve we were left with either overnight schedules or relief schedules, the relief schedules are not confirmed until two weeks before the date which leads to no planning of any kind more than 2 weeks ahead.

The most enjoyable part is dealing with the clients; I enjoy providing the best service I am able to and love the challenge of the system used. A good portion of my co-workers are hardworking and great to learn from.
Pros
The clients
Cons
salary/benefits and job work/life balance
Fun co-workers
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 October 2015
Good atmosphere among co-workers.
Company was very disorganized.
Salary and benefits are not competitive enough in this economy.
Salary too low.
Productive and fast paced work on aircraft
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 January 2016
A day at the airport usually starts with finding your crew lead and working flights assigned to your crew. This means bringing aircraft to gate and dispatching from gate. Ground service tasks include to off load baggage and on load new baggage to aircraft.Ensuring aircraft cabin is clean, removing gate and pushing aircraft out of gate are also tasks of this job. Coworkers are great to work with and encourage safe work.
Pros
Discounted travel (after 6 months), friendly co-workers
Cons
Odd hours, working holidays and little ability to fix schedule issues
Line maintenance
ame (Former Employee) –  vancouver, b.c.26 December 2014
Fun bunch of people to work with but the company seems to want to get rid of all high time high experience people and hire cheaper labor with little or no experience and have the maint control in Halifax tell them what and how to fix snags that will occur. most of these people have never seen the airplane and are managers with bottom lines and bonuses in mind and not AME`s or mechanics, which has soured the work environment to the point where the employees no longer care\
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
night shift, long hours, miserable employees, managers routinely lie to get themselves ahead, union will take your dues but will not stick up for anyone.p for
Great Benefits, terrible scheduling.
CSM Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearson, ON11 September 2012
The work life at Air Canada has its ups and downs which are understandable, especially with the great fluctuations in operational demand. The management is good, but there are flaws that are completely ignored and unattended. The only big negative in regards to the work itself would be the constantly disruptive work hours. There is often no steady work shift, regardless of position within the company.
benefits
Cons
irregular hours.
Great company & place to work at
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
Great company & place to work at.
On a daily basis there is an opportunity to learn new skills.
We represent Canada values.
what I learned..
Service Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2014
Flying the world has given me a huge insight on people, how we communicate, managing difficult situations, and an opportunity to move up and work within management. It has made me grow as a person, taught me the importance of teamwork and effective communication.
Pros
Seeing the world, learning about different cultures, great food!
Cons
long hours, always away in different countrys-hard to balance work and life.
Great Environment to lear
FLIGHT ATTENDANT TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2016
In so little time, I got to learn so much and would be more that happy to continue in this field. Working as a valued team member, Air Canada is a very good employer
No extra curricular activities
Senior Manpower Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 March 2012
Very busy day. Stress management. Prioritize. Problem solve. Management communication is limited. Co-workers are very unionized. Work longer than usual hours with no compensation. Hardest part of the job is problem solving pay queries and certain union issues. Most enjoyable part is getting a resolution to problems.
Pros
flight benefits and flexible work hours.
Cons
working long hours with no compensation.
Always Something New to Learn
Business Analyst, Application Support (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC21 March 2016
A company as large as Air Canada has many different departments, all offering something new and interesting for an employee to learn.
very nice and energetic call centre
Instructeur (Current Employee) –  montreal quebec5 January 2013
I learned to work different departements , there is no typical day at work when working for a commuter airline .
I learned to train others, responsabilities for managerial tasks like evaluations and many more other tasks , received a certificat after taking a trainers coarse on creating and giving lesson plans .
The hardest part of the job was trying to give a coarse and the training environment works at only a percentage therefor it made it very difficult to give the corse when the material is not working .
Working with agents assisting them to find ways to hlp passengers stuck in cities due to cancelled flights and unable to find a way out. It is very gratifying to help people get where they need to be
Pros
insurance benefits health and travel
Cons
salary very low and even though i got hired as an instructor no pay raise
a good place to work overall. Most of co workers and passengers are great.
Flight Attendant/Service Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2012
A lot of safety related duties with great customer service.
I learned that it's not that hard to listen to peoples needs and meet those needs, or come close with a win win attitude and resolution.
Management is on the other side of the pole, but with 3700 flight attendants in Toronto alone, it's hard not to be just another number.
Co-workers are what makes the job fun.
Hardest part of the job, is being away so long. Sometimes 14-16 hour days. Getting proper rest while on the road.
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with new people and getting a chance to explore new cities and cultures while on layovers.
Pros
travel. free coffee, tea, juice and water :)
Cons
long days, and not very mentally stimulating.
Productive work, friendly coworkers, quiet atmosphere
Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2016
The office was generally quiet, easy to be productive and get work done. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful, and I enjoyed the working atmosphere. It was nice to have lunch outside in the courtyard, trees and shade to sit under, and a nice cafeteria indoors.
Call center reservation agent
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  montreal, quebec13 September 2015
- Provide information on places of destination, hotels, foreign exchange, schedules of flights, modes of transport, accommodation and costs of packages.
- Advising clients on the choice of trips, packages, products and services offered make transportation and accommodation reservations
- Confirm reservations promote packages and other services offered by the Agency
- Participate in the selection of products or travel services adapted to the needs of the customer
- Knowledge products Canada, United States and Caribbean zones.
Pros
perks and travel benefits
Cons
not flexible
Fun working Enviornmet
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2016
Long but rewarding days.
interacting with new faces on a daily basis
Seeing different parts of the world
Experiencing new cultures
fun, low pay job with great flight benefit
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2016
lots of down times at work. Have to go through tons of training. Pay wage should be higher with today's living standard. Moving heavy bags from station to different station. It's a typical labor job for people who likes exercising.
Pros
Lots of training provided
Cons
extremely freezing in winter