Air Canada

Air Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good benefits.
Employee Health & Safety Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: good benefits, many days off
Cons: long hours, not great pay
If you like doing something different everyday, then being a flight attendant is the way to go.

Everyday is a new adventure and you never know what you may encounter.
AMAZING WORKPLACE
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 10, 2012
There is nothing wrong with working for Air Canada. The benefits and pay are amazing and you couldn't ask for more. The environment is great. they are understanding when it comes to you needing time off, just make sure you let them know 2 days ahead of time that way there they can get someone to cover it. the hours are amazing. there just isn't anything – more... to complain about – less
very good company
Test Cell Operator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 10, 2012
I enjoyed working for Air Canada during these 14 years, a company that respects the rules air. respects human rights, and offers its employees a good working environment.
a good place to work overall. Most of co workers and passengers are great.
Flight Attendant/Service Director (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: travel. free coffee, tea, juice and water :)
Cons: long days, and not very mentally stimulating.
A lot of safety related duties with great customer service.
I learned that it's not that hard to listen to peoples needs and meet those needs, or come close with a win win attitude and resolution.
Management is on the other side of the pole, but with 3700 flight attendants in Toronto alone, it's hard not to be just another number.
Co-workers are what – more... makes the job fun.
Hardest part of the job, is being away so long. Sometimes 14-16 hour days. Getting proper rest while on the road.
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with new people and getting a chance to explore new cities and cultures while on layovers. – less
Not a fun place to work
Customer Services and Sales Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2012
Terrible company to work. Management treat employees really bad starting from the general manager. Air Canada head office is a waist of time to complaint, they don't care about the employee. Union cannot do anything for the employee pay for no reason. You have to work crazy hour even holidays, no life and pay is even worse. Waist of time in your life, – more... your opinion don't matter.
No matter how hard you work they always say you don't have performance, what a compliment from management . They only beleive the management. Good luck – less
this is a terrible place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2012
Cons: terrible management, draconian style management philosophy, toxic work environment, poor labour relations
This is a terrible dead end company with horrible treatment of front-line workers. Few decent benefits and quickly disappearing. horrible scheduling, and very bad labour relations. Avoid at all costs.
Poisoned work environment
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Great division between employees and management.
Eight out of fifteen years were great. Huge decline in the last seven.
Great co-workers,
Material Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Dorval, QCSeptember 16, 2012
I enjoyed this job. Dealing with production, engineering, suppliers, it made it interesting.
exciting
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2012
got to visit places I never would on my own
every flight worked with new staff
Don't waste your time here
Ramp (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 14, 2012
Cons: you will find out once you work there
I worke for ac for 5 years. Corporate greed, favourtism, horrible management, employee abuse, salary below industry standard, working conditions destroy your body, hard workers get rewarded with more work while lazy workers are protected my management, and the union is bought out by ac. Unsafe vehicles and equipment,
Corporation filled with double standards, – more... lies, and deceit. – less

Bgone – February 1, 2013

Team Lead after only 6 mths ready to leave...after my day is done,I get to take after hour calls 24/7 and no pay. Company is clicky and run like the mafia. After years of aviation work,this company is the bottom of the barrel. Labour Canada do your job!

travelling to Tahiti, and Bora Bora
Air Canada , Flight Crew Scheduling, (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: sometimes had to travel for management meetings in hq, montréal
Cons: long 16 hour shifts, give up in case of emergencies
Hardest was ensuring the crews were not over their duty day.

Enjoyable all the travelling that we did, on passes or otherwise.

Recruiting cabin personnel during the 1985 Flight attendant disruption.

Learned alot about self estime, patience,,interpersonal skills,
how to approach crews in a professional manner as when they had to be drafted to operate, – more... greive later. – less
Great Benefits, terrible scheduling.
CSM Manager (Former Employee), Pearson, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: irregular hours.
The work life at Air Canada has its ups and downs which are understandable, especially with the great fluctuations in operational demand. The management is good, but there are flaws that are completely ignored and unattended. The only big negative in regards to the work itself would be the constantly disruptive work hours. There is often no steady work – more... shift, regardless of position within the company. – less
and okay place to work
Station Attendant (Former Employee), mississuagaSeptember 7, 2012
working at air canada was okay and nothing special the experience was not what i expected. the people were not my problem. i felt the people that worked there were friendly and willing to teach you
An innovative and energetic environment.
Flight Operation Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 1, 2012
Pros: great team effort
Perform Aircraft Analysis for better usage of the Air Canada fleet.
My first job at travel industry. Learnt a lot. And met wonderful people.
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 30, 2012
Pros: great team, friendly co-workers.
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
I enjoyed working with Air Canada Vacations. I learnt the fundamental of travel industry and was exposed to different types of bookings.
Great benefits, but lacking security
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Dorval, QCAugust 29, 2012
Pros: free flights, flexible hours
Cons: job security
I have nothing particularly bad to say about my experience with Air Canada, as the overall experience was indeed good, but also disappointing in the fact that company lay-offs came exactly at the point of my probation. It was unfortunate but nonetheless I understood the situation was out of anyone's control.
Salary is not good. But the benefits are good
Station Attendant (YVR) (Current Employee), YVRAugust 24, 2012
Pros: flight benefit
Cons: salary far less than the market standard
This is a good company to work with as far as the benefits goes.
Friendly hard working corporation
Operation Security Center (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 21, 2012
A typical day at work is a call center and we have other tasks to complete

I learned a lot from these place, mostly about security for our passengers traveling with us. I learned to multitask. I experienced to manage stressful situations and to be a leader by helping others because I'm the oldest in the sonority for the team of full time and night – more... shifts.

Our management take care of us very well. Each of them give us respect and sign of appreciation of our work like every work environment should be.

My co-workers are like family, I treat them with respect and equality. We all share the same space and work that's why we all work hard to provide good service and complete ever task of the day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the team,
having a team is one of the most important because we all work for the same company, we must have all the same goals, to complete our work in a good atmosphere helps.

The hardest part of job is the night shifts from 23-9. – less
Friendly hard working corporation
Operation Security Center (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 21, 2012
A typical day at work is to always put ourselves on ready for the next call to be pick-up for our agents at the airport to not wait for us, between calls and dead periods we have tasks to complete in Excel. We have special projects and other preparations depending what our we are doing.

I learned a lot from these place, mostly about security for our – more... passengers traveling with us. I learned to multitask. I experienced to manage stressful situations and to be a leader by helping others because I'm the oldest in the sonority for the team of full time and night shifts.

Our management take care of us very well, we have 4 ladies working the Passenger Assessment team, which they provide us help when calls are waiting, we have 7 on-calls to manage decision during after hours, and we have 3 managers for our security. Each of them give us respect and sign of appreciation of our work like every work environment should be.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the team,

The hardest part of job is the night shifts from 23-9. – less
Great working conditions and good benefits
machinist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 8, 2012
Enjoy the challenge of working on aircraft. Training on the job was great. learning to use the latest equipment and new skills.

About Air Canada

Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air – Read more