Air Canada

Air Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great bunch of people to work with ..fantastic job
Customer Service Agent Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2013
Pros: flying at a discount shift work
Cons: some days were long flight delays poor weather
Air Canada was great to work for..benefits were obvioulsy travel. i ended up my career with Air Canada in Calgary reservations where i had been for 7 years..a day at work was solving passengers flight details, booking new reservations, answer calls. i learned how to listen to people to see what they were asking you. i was not in management i preferred – more... to be on the line. got along super with my co workers...one f my references was my manager. the hardest part of my job was not to be bale to solve my customers problem. the most enjoyable part of my job was the knowing i had done my best with every single customer. no tall were solved, but the ones i solved i knew they appreciated what i had done for them. – less
Air Canada, Air Cargo division
Commissary Stores Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 25, 2013
Excellent company to work for, great benefits, great opportunity for advancement.
Interesting place to work while in college
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), YYZJuly 25, 2013
Workload is essentially elective and scheduling is manageable. Non-rev flight benefits are perfect incentive. Great for student years.
Great place to work day in day out
Mechanic (Current Employee), Dorval, QCJune 17, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: union slows down production
The GSE (Ground Support Equipment) world is probably the dirtiest part of Air Canada since we work on all the ramp equipment. Most of the work is planned and is expected to get done within a certain time frame, yet you are not pushed to put the work out if problems arise. It easy to practice or learn new skills like welding or hydraulic troubleshooting – more... in this enviroment. Management is patient for the most part except for those who like abuse priviliges. Like in most medium size shops, co-workers probably the best part of the job.
Hardest part would be working in extreme weather outside. – less
Technical Data Controller (Former Employee), montrealJune 14, 2013
Pros: standby
Cons: n/a
I love working in this company. i learn a lot.
then i've been transfer to Aveos. My job there was to prepare documents for mechanics until they closed the company on March 19,2012
Professional, safety oriented, reliable
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: reduced rate travel; ability to see the world one layover at a time
Cons: initially, extended periods of time away from home; however this greatly improved over time.
I have held several positions within Air Canada and across the board, this is a company staffed by professionals who know the true meaning of teamwork...all that is required to bring an airplane full of people and products into a major station; park, offload, fuel, clean, cater, service, staff, sign off on cabin and flight deck logbooks, reload and – more... dispatch. This is a group that goes the extra mile and more importantly knows when to pass the ball to the next key player.

I've learned that no matter where in the world you are, people want to be treated with respect. A little tolerance goes a very long way. Equally, humour (when and where appropriate) makes a long and sometimes difficult day much easier to deal with.

Air Canada afforded me a lifestyle as well as giving me a job. – less
Air Canada was a good company to work for and I'm grateful I was employed by them.
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 15, 2013
Pros: overtime pay. great health benefits.
Cons: shift work which included early morning start times.
I really enjoyed working at Air Canada. My goal was to service the passengers and meet their needs. I found the job very educational interacting with the public and to learn to communicate with people and to understand their needs. I had a good relationship with my co-workers and I enjoyed working along side them. We had fun at work, which helped when – more... things got rough. The toughest part of the job was when the weather was bad and we had to rebook passengers on the next available flights. Sometimes this made the passengers upset and even demanding at times. Best part of the job was when we were able to meet a passenger needs and they were satisfied with the outcome. – less
if you're good at what you do...no movement
Senior Manpower Planner (Current Employee), PET airportMay 13, 2013
Pros: affordable flights
Cons: no movements
Overall working for Air Canada sounds more glamorous than it is. I don't mind the long hours, shift work or constant pressure. However, I've been manpower planning for 10 years and am very good at it, therefore I'll never be able to leave.
I thrive among the air lines customers
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 21, 2013
Not two days are alik. Each day has its challenges and joys. The work environment is so unique.
Great work enviroment,good salary and benifits,great co workers
Customer Sales Lead Agent (Former Employee), Halifax Stanfield Int,l AirportMarch 3, 2013
Pros: having the opportunity to meet and work with alot of great people.
Cons: sometimes having to make unpopular decision with regard to staff and passengers.
I would start my day at 2:10 in a.m., at work at 3;15 open the office at 3;30 and commence duties at 3:30. Greet staff and arrange their duties for the day. Deal with approximately 3,000 passengers per day. At 9;30a.m. I would attend the morning operational meeting to discuss the days events, staffing requirements and any other irregular operations.
Throughout – more... the day, I would oversee the operations and primarily handle any disgruntle passengers and staff.
The day would end 12 hours or so later, pending on operational requirements. – less
Air Canada is a good place to work.
Ramp agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: travel benefits.
Cons: crazy late and early hours.
I do enjoy working at Air Canada.
A typical day at the airport involves being good with customers, while trying to make sure the flight leaves on time.
Also, you must make sure you follow all relevant company policies and governmental regulations.
Not everyone at Air Canada is a cool dashing pilot. Many of the jobs are difficult, and often outside.
However, – more... you do get to learn what you are good at. – less
very confusing
Flight Service Trainer / Flight Attendant (Former Employee), mtl toronto calgaryFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: unorganized
i was therre for a flight attedant position and shuffled from training to flying never knew what was next .....
very nice and energetic call centre
Instructeur (Current Employee), montreal quebecJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: insurance benefits health and travel
Cons: salary very low and even though i got hired as an instructor no pay raise
I learned to work different departements , there is no typical day at work when working for a commuter airline .
I learned to train others, responsabilities for managerial tasks like evaluations and many more other tasks , received a certificat after taking a trainers coarse on creating and giving lesson plans .
The hardest part of the job was trying – more... to give a coarse and the training environment works at only a percentage therefor it made it very difficult to give the corse when the material is not working .
Working with agents assisting them to find ways to hlp passengers stuck in cities due to cancelled flights and unable to find a way out. It is very gratifying to help people get where they need to be – less
Air Canada is a good place to work
Station Attendant, PT (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 18, 2012
If you are willing to work at Air Canada as well as have another job to go along with, it would be a good job. They pay isnt great, but the benefits are.

carr – February 2, 2013

hello i love airplanes and have lots of experience in customer service how does one get into the company to start i so badly want to work for Air Canada but find it hard to get the call.

catherinejane – February 16, 2013

That is kind of a silly thing to say...pay coincides with your position and skill set. If you are a manager you are well into 6 digits with additional performance bonus. They have a very fair payscales and are one of the best airlines to work for worldwide..check the stats...number 10 on the list in the whole world!

digger – March 14, 2013

anyone who thinks otheerwise is misinformed. The finance starts at 10.00/hr. Only sr mrgs make any kind of good cash

Family Enviroment
Planificatrice (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCDecember 5, 2012
Pros: gym
Cons: lots of work
Typical day will be, Plan, Organize, Meeting.
Learned Planning, Project
Good co-workers
Hardest part would be achieved the TAT
Enjoyable part would be fun people to work with
Aim high proud to be a part of crew.
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2012
A challenging night duties, is to meet on time performance to have that Aircraft well maintained, well groom to deliver good service to the travelers demand.
Good experience
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioNovember 30, 2012
Pros: travel opportunity, flexible shifts
Cons: long hours, based far from home
Good work experience, as well as learning experience. The only hard part was being based out of Toronto while living in Montreal.

Air Canada was a great opportunity to meet new people and different cultures.
It was good to work in a clean and safe shop.
air port/prosse cleaner components maintenance (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 16, 2012
Pros: good flight benifits safe work place.
Cons: when transfering with in, big cut in pay. then 4 to 7 years to top pay.
I reay enjoyed the work and the pepole . my co,workers and I had a lot of fun . We produced a great product. Referbish and overhaul,d
air craft hubs.This was a great los .Not just the work BUT MOST OF
ALL I WELL REALY MISS MY CO,WORKERS...
good atmosphere
Aviation technical services consultant (Current Employee), Dorval airportNovember 14, 2012
Pros: chance to travel
Cons: time for transportation
Very good place to learn.
Chance for higher position.
Excellent working atmosphere.
Learning each day.
A Lot of challenge.
Great place to work for till they sold their technical section out.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Dorval Airport, QCNovember 9, 2012
Responsibly for the daily operation and production of the shop.
Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort with the assistance/involvement of employee in the department.
Maintain healthy group dynamics.
Morning prep and set up.
Ability to interact with all types of people, all types of personalities, – more... while trying to promote and execute daily work load and maintain a constant Turn-Around Time.
Maintaining a clean, orderly and well stocked work area.
Maintain quality control, manage budget, and track billings. – less

About Air Canada

Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air – Read more