Air Canada Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place as we also have a gym
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 9, 2016
1. Dispensing bags from international flights
2. Bags need to be dispensed as soon as possible as passengers have connecting flights
3. Management are helpful as they advice us what to do
4. They also help and make work enjoying
5. Doing shift works
6. Working with friends
Pros
A lot of down times
Cons
some heavy lifting required
Chosen as one of Canada's Top 100 employers in 2015
STATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCMay 2, 2016
Air Canada provided a safe work place and a wide rage of benefits, health care including medication,dental and eye care. In addition very low cost air travel.
Pros
flight privileges
Cons
shift work which includes, evenings, weekends and holidays
Work to Rule
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2014
Air Canada Is a Union Based company, if you don't have thick skin it is definitely not for you. The pay structure is completely wrong. you will have people doing the exact same work beside each other and one will be getting payed 45 an Hr and the other 10 an Hr, they cannot keep the part time employees because it is to dangerous, I saw many part time people hurt and the workers compensation claims are out of this world. 30 to 40 people a day call in sick. So if you want help cause someone called in sick, forget it you can just work your but off. Benefits are like a con game they will dangle them in front of you to entice you to sign on, but you will never get to use them as you have to phone India as that is where the call center is if you want to use them, Take a number get in line.

Yes I think you get the Message, hopefully.
Pros
pain, agony
Cons
its a rip off.
Productive and fast paced work on aircraft
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
A day at the airport usually starts with finding your crew lead and working flights assigned to your crew. This means bringing aircraft to gate and dispatching from gate. Ground service tasks include to off load baggage and on load new baggage to aircraft.Ensuring aircraft cabin is clean, removing gate and pushing aircraft out of gate are also tasks of this job. Coworkers are great to work with and encourage safe work.
Pros
Discounted travel (after 6 months), friendly co-workers
Cons
Odd hours, working holidays and little ability to fix schedule issues
Overall poor
Marketing (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 2, 2014
Pro: Gained worked experience, met some great people, some good deals if able to utilize them

Cons: Little to no growth opportunities, no recognition, no encouragement, company does not adapt, does not nurture talent or inspire loyalty, low salary, lots of office politics (backstabbing, lies, bias etc), overworked and worked additional hours without any recognition or pay, human resources slow to respond and are unhelpful - you need to followup at least three to four times before someone brushes you off even further, management often do not know the systems they are using, many managers are clearly not qualified for their positions, many policies lack thought and action, etc
Pros
discounts on travel
Cons
low salary
Lowbrow
Manpower Resource Coordinator / Planner (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCFebruary 18, 2016
Not a tough work environment but the ones at the mid level of management privilege only a certain ethnicity which is very incorrect behavior for a business. Huge lack of diversity that takes priority in promoting ones own which in turn prevents real talent from being recognized.
very nice and energetic call centre
Instructeur (Current Employee) –  montreal quebecJanuary 5, 2013
I learned to work different departements , there is no typical day at work when working for a commuter airline .
I learned to train others, responsabilities for managerial tasks like evaluations and many more other tasks , received a certificat after taking a trainers coarse on creating and giving lesson plans .
The hardest part of the job was trying to give a coarse and the training environment works at only a percentage therefor it made it very difficult to give the corse when the material is not working .
Working with agents assisting them to find ways to hlp passengers stuck in cities due to cancelled flights and unable to find a way out. It is very gratifying to help people get where they need to be
Pros
insurance benefits health and travel
Cons
salary very low and even though i got hired as an instructor no pay raise
Seniority
Airport Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 29, 2016
The seniority at Air Canada Jazz is hard to deal with it but I did it. Too much micromanagement. It did not allow for any movement.
Pros
Travel passes
Cons
micromanagement, lack of direction
Rapidly advancing company focusing on lean initiatives
Hangar Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONMay 30, 2016
Strong management team resulting in positive and efficient work practice. Lots of room for growth and a positive atmosphere.
Traveling benefits!
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 16, 2016
Self learning. Making your own decisions that satisfies the client and company. Ability to adapt quickly with changes on site.
Pros
Free hotels pearks for flights
Cons
Under paid and demanding
Interesting
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Paradise, NLMay 27, 2016
First job, enjoyed it very much. Opportunities to advance, base level entry career. Enjoyed management position immensely.
enjoy my work
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2016
the most important day at workplace for me is first day.I believe on first impression is last ,i am a hard working person thats why i stay on one job last long.i can work as team and by myself both way am comfortable coz work is work .
Miss managed and Corporate Greed with a powerless union
Stockkeeper (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJuly 24, 2012
Great family atmosphere with much comrade. Great benefits with great pension plan. Flight privileges was a fantastic perk. Great workman skills and pride to maintain high degree of standard towrds flight safety. But too much Greed at the top and abuse from disgruntled employees and powerless union. Too Bad I would love to be still working for the airline that represents this country however and somehow be part of it seeing better days.
Pros
people of diverse cultures getting along while getting the job done.
Cons
corporate greed, mismanagement, abuse of company priveleges
Productive work, friendly coworkers, quiet atmosphere
Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2016
The office was generally quiet, easy to be productive and get work done. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful, and I enjoyed the working atmosphere. It was nice to have lunch outside in the courtyard, trees and shade to sit under, and a nice cafeteria indoors.
fun, low pay job with great flight benefit
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
lots of down times at work. Have to go through tons of training. Pay wage should be higher with today's living standard. Moving heavy bags from station to different station. It's a typical labor job for people who likes exercising.
Pros
Lots of training provided
Cons
extremely freezing in winter
Great Environment to lear
FLIGHT ATTENDANT TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 29, 2016
In so little time, I got to learn so much and would be more that happy to continue in this field. Working as a valued team member, Air Canada is a very good employer
Always Something New to Learn
Business Analyst, Application Support (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 21, 2016
A company as large as Air Canada has many different departments, all offering something new and interesting for an employee to learn.
good job culture
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2015
good job culture, low job turn over, and employees are friendly to each other. it is a good environment to start up a career and rise in the company.
Pros
good job culture
Best time of my life
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2013
I joined just before the US Sept 11 attacks and even survived the scare of SARS and a salary cut due to being under bankruptcy protection as an airline. And still, I am proud and thankful to fly 12 yrs, have the chance to serve and meet people from all over the world was the best learning experience ever.
My co-workers were team members and fun. Working with ladies with over 40 yrs experience was a pleasure and a joy!
There is something about a flight attendant, I guess it's the itchy feet;)
I think my years as an In-charge were those of the most learning, and interpersonal growth. Where I got to lead a team and also learn to follow suit with the captain. I learned a lot working with different individuals all the time, I am very adaptable to different environments.
Pros
great crews, representing canada
Cons
overnights
Air Canada was a good company to work for and I'm grateful I was employed by them.
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 15, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Air Canada. My goal was to service the passengers and meet their needs. I found the job very educational interacting with the public and to learn to communicate with people and to understand their needs. I had a good relationship with my co-workers and I enjoyed working along side them. We had fun at work, which helped when things got rough. The toughest part of the job was when the weather was bad and we had to rebook passengers on the next available flights. Sometimes this made the passengers upset and even demanding at times. Best part of the job was when we were able to meet a passenger needs and they were satisfied with the outcome.
Pros
overtime pay. great health benefits.
Cons
shift work which included early morning start times.