Air Canada

Air Canada Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Would not recommend for others to apply into this department.
Call Centre Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montreal, QCApril 22, 2014
Pros: tremendous customers.
Cons: complete lack of professionalism.
Assisting clientèle with their travel needs.
Learned the company offers many destinations to its clientele.
New surge of management is under-qualified to handle work affairs and extremely unprofessional, unfortunately.
Co-workers I associated with are tremendous.
Hardest part is the unstable environment and complete lack of professionalism throughout the office.
Most enjoyable part is camaraderie with my select co-workers and making a true difference to the clientèle.
Station Attendant position
Station Attendant-Ramp/Baggage (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2014
Pros: travel benefits, health insurance for part-time after 6 months of probabtion
Cons: low wages
alot of chimerical control happened at air canada by that i mean that Air Canada kept a close watch on their employees. When i was working for air canada there was this issue where they fired a number of employees because they were fouling the name of the air canada brand on facebook.
Entry level underpaid position
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 15, 2014
Pros: the clients
Cons: salary/benefits and job work/life balance
Unfortunately the company pays less than scale for this job. As the schedule is unknown until 2 weeks in advance the job work/life balance is nil. Job security is unclear as the expectations do not meet customer service expectations that I have been taught and chose to adhere to.

The co-workers I came into the company with have a strong work ethic however what we have noticed is that other coworkers (not all but some) have none and do not come close to meeting the customer service the company states it expects to provide to it's clients.

The hardest part of the job is the schedule, as we are open 24hours and the schedules you have to chose from are first come first serve we were left with either overnight schedules or relief schedules, the relief schedules are not confirmed until two weeks before the date which leads to no planning of any kind more than 2 weeks ahead.

The most enjoyable part is dealing with the clients; I enjoy providing the best service I am able to and love the challenge of the system used. A good portion of my co-workers are hardworking and great to learn from.
Overall poor
Marketing (Former Employee), TorontoApril 2, 2014
Pros: discounts on travel
Cons: low salary
Pro: Gained worked experience, met some great people, some good deals if able to utilize them

Cons: Little to no growth opportunities, no recognition, no encouragement, company does not adapt, does not nurture talent or inspire loyalty, low salary, lots of office politics (backstabbing, lies, bias etc), overworked and worked additional hours without any recognition or pay, human resources slow to respond and are unhelpful - you need to followup at least three to four times before someone brushes you off even further, management often do not know the systems they are using, many managers are clearly not qualified for their positions, many policies lack thought and action, etc
reservation for holidays papackage
Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ontarioApril 1, 2014
Pros: free travel, and hotels stay
Cons: enjoyeable
make travel arragements, for travel agents requested,have they travel documents ready for travel
Decent pay with ample downtime
Permanent Part-Time Station Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2014
Commute to work can be hard on gas which is not compensated and drive times can sometimes venture over 1HR both ways depending on the Henday. Work requires ability to both work outside in all conditions and the ability to lift heavy objects. Management does it's best to help assist workers in their day to day and work life. Co-Workers can be helpful but also belittling to new recruits.
Learned a lot and enjoyed the travel industry
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 23, 2014
Working in the travel industry never has a dull moment. It was a great place to learn the ins and outs of airlines and about world geography overall. On the downside, the airline industry has so many ups and downs that you never know if you'll have a job from one month to the next.
Very little turnover excellent pay and benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: union mentality and management apathy.
The job was very secure and very well paying. The benefits were excellent. The ability to work your schedule was hard but modifying it was very easy. The work day usually went very quick and you were supported and coached readily.
Safe working environment
Station attendant (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 10, 2014
Air Canada had a very safe work environment. Down to work safety and also security. I learned the importance of time management and also staying on track. The hardest part was getting to know all the different codes and rules around the airport but after awhile it became more easy because of the help of the workers around me. I enjoyed coming to work, meeting and also getting to know new people.
Fun place to work
Bilingual General Sales Agent (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 22, 2014
 Offer the highest level of customer service while providing customers with information regarding flights, fares, destinations, special offers and other travel products
 Use Air Canada’s in-house reservation system to make new flight reservations or to modify existing bookings
 Provide timely resolution to customer inquiries, including concerns and/or issues to ensure customer satisfaction
 Accurately obtain documents and confirm customer’s personal information for bookings
 Proactively explore and anticipate customer’s future needs by recommending our value-added services and products
Consultant
Station Attendent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: tiring
It was fun working at Air Canada
Travelled a lot.
Gained a lot of experience in providing ramp support.
Excellent Company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Travelled the world, worked with wonderful crews and passengers. The hardest part was jetlag. Learned many things on culture and history of places.
Meeting lots of people and the travelling
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: jetlag
As you can imagine, I met so many people, from all over the world! Learnt a lot about different cultures over the years.
A typical day at work - arriving at work, checking your mail, reviewing bulletins , greeting your co-workers, going to aircraft, setting up, preparing for boarding, working onboard during flight.
The hardest part of the job at times was the jet-lag!
Most enjoyable part of the job was the layovers.
Awesome company to work with
Baggage Handler (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Processing bags and scanning
Loading and unloading from aircrafts.
Sending bags to the carousel for passenger pickup
Best time of my life
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2013
Pros: great crews, representing canada
Cons: overnights
I joined just before the US Sept 11 attacks and even survived the scare of SARS and a salary cut due to being under bankruptcy protection as an airline. And still, I am proud and thankful to fly 12 yrs, have the chance to serve and meet people from all over the world was the best learning experience ever.
My co-workers were team members and fun. Working with ladies with over 40 yrs experience was a pleasure and a joy!
There is something about a flight attendant, I guess it's the itchy feet;)
I think my years as an In-charge were those of the most learning, and interpersonal growth. Where I got to lead a team and also learn to follow suit with the captain. I learned a lot working with different individuals all the time, I am very adaptable to different environments.
Very productive workplace
Baggage Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2013
I enjoyed every minute of working at the airport. Unfortunately, I had to leave due to difficulties in getting a way to work. Very thorough staff and the hardest part of the job was making sure EVERY bag got on the correct flight, but I NEVER let a bag go unattended, every bag I lifted made it on to it's correct flight.
Awesome Benfits
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 29, 2013
Pros: awesome break rooms
Cons: long hours
You can meet alot of great people within this organization that have stories that can go for days. In addition, the flights benefits are awesome because you can fly anywhere half off
Amusing place to work with good benefits
Station Attendant on Ramp (Current Employee), Toronto Pearson AirportNovember 27, 2013
Pros: flying benefits, breaks
Cons: working in rain and snow
A typical day at work consists of offloading and loading aircrafts with cargo and baggage, working with a crew of 3-5 we perform the tasks,
The hardest part has to be working outside in winter, but makes up with the often breaks we get between flights as well as the flight benefits given to us.
High pace environment with traveling benefits
Learning Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 16, 2013
Opportunity to move up within the company. Opportunity to learn differenct skills, from selling to customer service, to training.
good work envirnoment
Station Attendant (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 15, 2013
Flexibility of work scedule. discount air fare. job secuirty and benefits

About Air Canada

Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air – Read more