Air Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

support staff
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work, very helpful to get job done. Safety practices, by the book jobs done. Good benefits with the Company.
Pros
Free meals, work ethics and after work get together
Cons
Need more travel
Great place to work.
Quality/Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Uses my technical and soft skills as an engineer in every job situation!
Job involved a lot of communications with all departments and clients.
great company to work for
Customer Service Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2015
great company to work for with excellent benefits. interaction with coworkers and the public allows satisfaction in customer service and helpfulness. Variety of work schedules also gives flexibility
Best co-workers I've ever work with
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  YYCSeptember 25, 2015
It is a great company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Also with many passengers
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Opportunity given to french speaking
It is what inside of the job is so Enjoyable..
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond b.cSeptember 21, 2015
Enjoyable to work with very supportive Senior employee..
I have learnt and Educate so much...
It's the Job that I will never forget...
Pros
Marshalling the dash8..inbound and Outbound
Cons
It's the job are so prosessional...
Call center reservation agent
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  montreal, quebecSeptember 13, 2015
- Provide information on places of destination, hotels, foreign exchange, schedules of flights, modes of transport, accommodation and costs of packages.
- Advising clients on the choice of trips, packages, products and services offered make transportation and accommodation reservations
- Confirm reservations promote packages and other services offered by the Agency
- Participate in the selection of products or travel services adapted to the needs of the customer
- Knowledge products Canada, United States and Caribbean zones.
Pros
perks and travel benefits
Cons
not flexible
Fun Workplace
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SALES & SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 6, 2015
With the shift i have from 3AM - 7AM its a pretty busy shift considering that we have 4 flights going out that time. I love my co-workers because they sweet and amazing. The hardest part of my job is when we have irregular operation such as cancellation of flights that leads to passengers who are freaking out and trying to get a flight as soon as possible. The job is not that so stressful and i enjoyed seeing different people with different nationalities.
csr
cssa (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 3, 2015
very good company to work for a very good team environment and hours are not bad and local transportation available. I learn new things everyday and help others in wheel chairs or any other special need.
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2015
Very fun environment. Learnt a lot from this company, I've learnt how to boil down frustrated customers and boil down a lot of situations that requires a managers assistance.
fun work experience
Station Attendant / tow crew (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
show up get the list of planes to move. get the proper equipment to service, and procced according to the daily contitions
Pros
all
Cons
full resposability any small scracth you're out.. no extra premiun
Lazy, unproductive coworkers
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  VancouverAugust 20, 2015
This job just wasn't for me, I need more human interaction. The job just really didn't have a future for me to continue with in the way I wanted my life to go.
Pros
lots of breaks, flight benefits
Cons
lack of work
A very... Interesting place to work
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2015
The people I met and had contact with while working at air canada were all very special people.. the work was tedious and annoying as welll as the management didnt seem to know what they were doing..
Big and traditional company
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 11, 2015
I love to have the experience of working at such a traditional Canadian company for summer time. It's been only good experiences so far.
Pros
flight benefits when effective employee
Cons
angry passengers and work on weekends and holidays
I knew I was not going to end my career in that place.
Crew Scheduling Specialist, Flight Operations (Current Employee) –  Trois RivieresAugust 3, 2015
I knew when I took that job , that it was going to be part of a learning curve for me, and believe me it was. I have learned alot in selling product to customers that had a certain need and closing does sales asap before they changed their mind.
Life of a Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
My day as a Flight Attendant begins with a call from a crew scheduler. A day on the job, for a Flight Attendant that could mean a trip to Paris or an emergency landing. It can be fun, an adventure or both. The schedule and passenger challenge me in ways I could never imagine. In this job seniority rules, however nothing beats hanging out in Las Vegas for 24 hours with a company paid hotel and expenses money.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
not full time and away from home
Work was very enjoyable and senior management was not employee oriented.
Station Attendant - Air Side (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 16, 2015
The work that I did with AC was exciting, satisfying and very interesting. The unfortunate downside was that senior management at AC considered the employees to be more of a liability than an asset and was constantly finding fault with even the most minor things and rarely gave credit for a job well done. My immediate supervisors (I worked on a number of different ramp teams due to the shift work) were just the opposite. They were helpful, encouraging, informative and extremely supportive.The dichotomy was unfortunate.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Long hours and harsh working conditions in the winter
Long term Strategic vision
Manager- CRE Vendor Contract Administration (Current Employee) –  MontrealJuly 13, 2015
The strategic plan currently in place is visionary and put AC into a highly competitive international playing field.
It is not difficult to get motivated to work here on a daily basis.
Pros
All good
Air Canada
B2B Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 12, 2015
Air Canada was a great company, not celebrating #1 airline in North America for the five consecutive years. Extremely fun and friendly working environment where everyone treats you like a family. However, because it is an unionized environment with very high retention and years of service rate, not everyone is open to new innovation and challenges. Also, due to consistently changing working hours, it was really hard to have work and life balance. Being an individual who enjoys continues self- improvement and innovation, I decided to leave the company. However, overall it was an amazing working environment with such a big family.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
changing hours, and unionized environment, Low pay
An ok job, not a career
Station Attendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 28, 2015
Air Canada was just ok. The group I worked with was awesome and I had some great times working with the guys. I wanted to go back to school and because my position was Union based, Management wouldn't work with my school schedule (M-F 8:30am - 12:30pm). I quit and got a job at a hotel gift shop which funny enough paid more. Air Canada was begging for people and would fly people from other Airports just to fill the position. I didn't think that was right however I'm so glad I moved on. It was just a job not a career.
Pros
People
Cons
Low Pay, Does not support college Education
fun job with lots of benefits
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2015
Plenty of travel and new sights to see. Shift work was probably the biggest adjustment. Plenty of perks and benefits with a wonderful work environment.