Air Canada

Air Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
When In Doubt
Travel Consultant & Agent Help Desk (Former Employee), Montreal QCApril 12, 2015
Pros: Satisfaction of assisting coworkers
Cons: some people are more visual when it comes to explaining
After a year of working for Air Canada's inbound customer and sales dept, i was fortunate to be part of the Agent Help Desk. I had a great dept of knowledge of the company's policies and procedures. We guided coworkers who would call our line for guidance. The help desk also managed corporate files of major companies who flew with us, their credits, flight history and revenue.
Its a hard job
STATION ATTENDANT ( Trainee) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
The job requires heavy lifting, good camaraderie with employees. I learned to drive inside the airport, airport layout, baggage handling and plane service upon their arrival.
excelente service
Barmaid at International maple leaf lounge (Former Employee), Dorval, QCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: Compass company management
Geat services at International maple leaf lounge, that I was bartending for 8 moths, air Canada give the best of the best, I kept my Vip clients always happy.
Excellente place to work
Data Controller/ Administration (Former Employee), YVRMarch 10, 2015
Good team players. Very good environment. Like the employees for good relationships and great communication. My job was very interesting because no days were the same.
Stable company
Station Attendant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 5, 2015
Excellent working environment especially in Montreal, Stable Company and job Culture.
The salary is not high, but the company has very good benefits
Excellent
Bilingual Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: work schedule met personal times
Cons: break hours were excellent.
Assisting passengers Check in at Kiosk with printing of Boarding Pass and Baggage tags. Standby for flights. Upgrade to preferred seating. Up-sell to Business Class. Paying excess Baggage Fees at Kiosk and upgrades.
Assisting Wheelchair passengers with Check in assistance and signing up for Wheelchair at SPAT Lobby.
Lobby assistance at Priority Check in Aisle One and Aisle 7.
Directing passengers arriving form Domestic or International to Transborder flights/gates.
Baggage Drop Check in and issuing tags for infant/Baby stroller and Gated or Standby Passengers.
Directing passengers to Ticket desk for miss-connections or who could have missed their flights for re-booking.to next available flights.
Informing passengers of Boarding times and Zonal Boarding at the gate.
Informing Lead or Managers when shortfall arises and need for extra staff.
Overall Experience - Very Good and looking forward to become a Full Time employee soon.
Check in Led, Managers on Duty and Manager Operations were very supportive during work or off work. Have full confidence and did get wonderful support from Check in staff or any AC staff whilst on duty..
Overall nice workplace.
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee), Pearson Airport,Toronto,CanadaFebruary 18, 2015
The job is good. The work environment is friendly and stress-free. The co. takes due care of its employees' wellbeing. The co-workers are nice to work with. Overall it is a job to crave for.
Totally different
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Love my job as a flight attendant but they also need to concentrate on their employees and stop cutting down if they want to serve their customers that bring the money in. happy customers makes the company grow.
no syndicate
Technical Data (Administrator) Controller (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 12, 2015
i was syndicated but when i need them they didn't do any thing for me ..they were taking only 150 monthly from me---------------------------------------------------------------------------
very productive place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), CalgaryFebruary 4, 2015
Atco travel was a very nice place to work, making travel reservation for corporate travel, unfortunately they had to close the office.
Good Experience, Fast Paced
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Over-all the experience was good. There is a lot of innovation going on. Its a company where there is a significant effort to modernize the way it operates and there are plenty of good opportunities to learn.

The perks aren't bad either.

Best of luck.
Overall
Station Attendant-Cargo and Pax (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Cons: n/a
Extermly good atmosphere , good Managment,, Great hours and overtime, you can manage your own schedule. Fly to great destinations and meet a variety of skilled and pleasent co-workers and passengers.
Fantastic Job Opportunity
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2014
Through this job I have gotten to travel the world, interact with people from all stages of life, observe different cultures and grow as a person. I am usually on call and therefore do not have much stability. My schedule varies greatly from month to month and I can get called with as little as 2.5hrs notice, which is the hardest part of the job. I have however enjoyed working with such compassionate and diverse people and I have enjoyed being kept on my toes constantly awaiting my next adventure.
Great Company
In-Flight Service Director (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2014
Great hours and overtime, you can manage your own schedule. Fly to great destinations and meet a variety of skilled and pleasent co-workers and passengers. Flying in the summer is better for perdiem, with many layovers. Hardest part is staying out of company drama and you feel like your always walking on egg shells. Make sure you don't book yourself on too much as your health and mental stress can get overwhelming fast!!
Work to Rule
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: pain, agony
Cons: its a rip off.
Air Canada Is a Union Based company, if you don't have thick skin it is definitely not for you. The pay structure is completely wrong. you will have people doing the exact same work beside each other and one will be getting payed 45 an Hr and the other 10 an Hr, they cannot keep the part time employees because it is to dangerous, I saw many part time people hurt and the workers compensation claims are out of this world. 30 to 40 people a day call in sick. So if you want help cause someone called in sick, forget it you can just work your but off. Benefits are like a con game they will dangle them in front of you to entice you to sign on, but you will never get to use them as you have to phone India as that is where the call center is if you want to use them, Take a number get in line.

Yes I think you get the Message, hopefully.
Great Place to Work
Station Attendant/Lead Hand (Former Employee), CalgaryDecember 1, 2014
My responsibilities were:
 Supervision of 10-15 warehouse staff
 Operation of electrical, gas and diesel forklift and pallet jacks
 Operation of other related equipment for loading/unloading of trucks and aircraft
 Adherence to strict safety procedures and practices; conducting frequent checks in internal and external areas
 Reporting and correcting deficiencies to ensure the protection, security, ease, and
expediency of staff and customers
 Maintaining records of service stoppage, reporting a range of incidents and tool
failures
 Creating bills of lading
 Daily use of scanners to process cargo
 Responsible for processing and auditing shipping and receiving of cargo
Fuun place to work
Credit Manager/account receivable specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 27, 2014
This is a fun working environment
busy but can do most of the task on hand
co-workers are great
Flexible job with flexible hours. Very fun
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), MontrealNovember 26, 2014
- Wait for flight, ensure security, serve people, layover and stay there
- Team work, emotional skills
- Management are ok
- CO-workers are friendly and professional
- Far from family and friends
- Travel anywhere
fun work place
airport contract Chinese Interpreter (Former Employee), Vancouver AirportNovember 24, 2014
Pros: fun work place
Cons: not i can think of
It is a good company to work with ... however Air Canada could offer me only a contract job .. and the contract is expired .
Little room for advancement
Customer Service Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 24, 2014
The job was interesting, but the office environment was micro-managed. Very little room for advancement. However, shift trading made for great schedule flexibility, and the travel allowances were fair.

About Air Canada

Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air – Read more