Air Canada Employee Reviews

Good job
Lead Cabin Service Attendant & Manpower Planner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 January 2017
I worked at Air Canada for 22 Years the job is great
The cons of the job is poor management...and lack of training in many areas
The job is easy it's the lazy union people around you that make the job hard.
Pros
Flight benifts
Cons
Lazy union co workers
Great company to work for.
Baggage Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 August 2016
Air Canada is a great company to work for. They have amazing benefits and great management. Great work environment for employees.
fun fast paced work experience
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON12 January 2017
the constant flow of passengers makes for an amazing experience. the communication between staff is great and allows for a successful travel experience for passengers. I learnt all lobby positions and its importance and enjoyed each and every one of them. The hardest part of the job would be having to sympathize with passengers that missed their flights because there is nothing that I personally could do. I enjoyed most being able to hep passengers check-in and be on their way in a timely manner because i knew they were happy with the speedy process.
Pros
gaining experience and knowledge of traveling
Cons
early hours
Enjoy life balance
Cabin Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary16 December 2016
Good place to work with enjoying the perks . Opportunity is open to those are aggressive and ready for the challenge. Being part of the team is very much an honor.
Benefits
Cons
4 days on 4days off
Admin
Administrative coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Wonderful work life balance; great people to work with and busy environment to keep you motivated! Part of a large HR department; working mainly with H&S coordination and other HR assistant duties as required on a daily basis
Great group of co-workers
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON7 September 2016
Working as a station attendant is one of the more unique jobs that I've had. First off the people are great, lots of fun and laughs to the point where at times it doesn't even feel like work. That being said, the work isn't for everyone. You have to work in the elements, rain, snow, hail, heat, cold, you name it. A big positive is the flexibility in your schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits
Cons
Weather
Great coworkers, work changes daily. Very interesting.
Executive support analyst (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC24 October 2016
I am proud of my work at Air Canada. I completed all tasks an projects required over my time there. Being an airline, one must be prepared to travel for work regularly. Air Canada is a fast paced dynamic company. One must be able to thing on the fly a lot of the time.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long Hours
ok work invroment
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
always busy and under staffed in the Calgary airportfun to work when there was no snow or bad weather, under staffed and over worked
Pros
benefits are awesome for traveling
Cons
you work in bad weather conditions
Productive and excellent work environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
Every day is different, that is what makes this job fun and exciting. You never stop learning, and you get to work and know different people every single day at work.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Fast pace environment
fun and positive work place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 October 2016
I absolutely love the work I do for this company. I have great benefits, especially while being a student as well. It's a job that is different every day, and it challenges me in every way.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
shift work
Great Company to work for
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 February 2017
Overall a great company to work for, my boss is amazing. This company takes care of there employees, Workplace culture is fun and hard working
Cons
Wages
Customer Service and Sale Representative
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
Work at a temp for Air Canada 30 to 40 hrs a week as a CSSR (bilingual customer service and sales)
A typical day at work would be: Serving 50 to 80 people and more during a 6 hour daily shift - guide them correctly in English or French towards their flights - take care of wheelchair people including blind customers - learned a great deal with security - safety at YYC airport - learning about different passports and nationalities - working well under pressure so no one will be late for their flights making sure they are on time - working well with co-workers - loved every minute of my job there were no hardest part.
Pros
bring your lunch
Cons
no cons for me
Management is not fair.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 August 2016
They should stop hiring tons of people and let go of the experienced once.

They always hire new station attendants, and then they keep on cutting people because its either they fail the written exams that are non-sense at the first place. they base their employees ability through a piece of paper.
Pros
Great benefits if they let you pass your probation
Cons
They will cut you so easily if you're under probation
Fun workplace with ability to travel around
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
All crew members are friendly, destinations are great and always technologically innovative. Always seeking advancement in different fields to accommodate the needs for customers and employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
unstable days
meh
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
stay far far far away. Management is on a power trip and it is a dog eat dog environment based off of fear. The passes are unbelievable though
very organized company
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 October 2016
Everyday, when I get into the office, I check the office email and internal database, make sure my director has the updated information. Also I have to manage all the profiles and invoices and help working on the income statement and balance sheet. The hardest part of the job is that the work is intense and I have to review my accounting knowledge. I like the working environment in Air Canada Montreal and what I have learned from my director is that as a accounting clerk you have to be very patient and careful. Finally, I think Montreal is a really beautiful city and I enjoy the moment when I driving across the city towards my office.
great job experience
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
They have a great company atmosphere. Your co workers are excellent. Great opportunities to travel. Long hours though. I learnt a lot.
Not as glamorous as agents in the terminal
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 September 2016
Lifting bags from 5 to 80lbs while stacking them up to 7ot 8 feet
Working in confined spaces
Using equipment that sometimes inadequately maintained.
Pros
Medical Benefits for PT work, Flight benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting, bad equipment
Fast pace work environment with great benefits.
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  YYZ18 July 2016
This job is not for the faint of heart. It is definitely a fast pace workplace with a lot of risks but it is very rewarding to be a part of such a large prestigious company. You receive great health benefits as well as flight benefits. It is very enjoyable working with different air crafts and the people you meet while working are very nice and friendly.
Interesting
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Paradise, NL27 May 2016
First job, enjoyed it very much. Opportunities to advance, base level entry career. Enjoyed management position immensely.