Air Canada

Air Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work was very enjoyable and senior management was not employee oriented.
Station Attendant - Air Side (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Free flights
Cons: Long hours and harsh working conditions in the winter
The work that I did with AC was exciting, satisfying and very interesting. The unfortunate downside was that senior management at AC considered the employees to be more of a liability than an asset and was constantly finding fault with even the most minor things and rarely gave credit for a job well done. My immediate supervisors (I worked on a number of different ramp teams due to the shift work) were just the opposite. They were helpful, encouraging, informative and extremely supportive.The dichotomy was unfortunate.
Air Canada
B2B Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly working environment
Cons: changing hours, and unionized environment, Low pay
Air Canada was a great company, not celebrating #1 airline in North America for the five consecutive years. Extremely fun and friendly working environment where everyone treats you like a family. However, because it is an unionized environment with very high retention and years of service rate, not everyone is open to new innovation and challenges. Also, due to consistently changing working hours, it was really hard to have work and life balance. Being an individual who enjoys continues self- improvement and innovation, I decided to leave the company. However, overall it was an amazing working environment with such a big family.
ACV
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Montreal,CanadaApril 29, 2013
• I was responsible for resolving customer complaints during their vacation to ensure they had a comfortable and peaceful stay
• Helped resolve all issues related to customers’ belongings during transportation
• Responded to emails from customers about their experience whether it was a complaint or a commendation.
• I was responsible for arranging complex domestic and international business travel for air
• When my passengers’ needs called for I would offer the services of one of our preferred partners such as the Sofitel hotel or TGV train, helicopter, limo etc
• I advised clients on efficient complex multi city destinations
Great Place to Work
Station Attendant/Lead Hand (Former Employee), CalgaryDecember 1, 2014
My responsibilities were:
 Supervision of 10-15 warehouse staff
 Operation of electrical, gas and diesel forklift and pallet jacks
 Operation of other related equipment for loading/unloading of trucks and aircraft
 Adherence to strict safety procedures and practices; conducting frequent checks in internal and external areas
 Reporting and correcting deficiencies to ensure the protection, security, ease, and
expediency of staff and customers
 Maintaining records of service stoppage, reporting a range of incidents and tool
failures
 Creating bills of lading
 Daily use of scanners to process cargo
 Responsible for processing and auditing shipping and receiving of cargo
travelling to Tahiti, and Bora Bora
Air Canada , Flight Crew Scheduling, (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: sometimes had to travel for management meetings in hq, montréal
Cons: long 16 hour shifts, give up in case of emergencies
Hardest was ensuring the crews were not over their duty day.

Enjoyable all the travelling that we did, on passes or otherwise.

Recruiting cabin personnel during the 1985 Flight attendant disruption.

Learned alot about self estime, patience,,interpersonal skills,
how to approach crews in a professional manner as when they had to be drafted to operate, greive later.
High quality and profesionalism
Service Director (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 31, 2015
Pros: travelling around the world, choice and flexibility of shifts
Cons: long hours
Great place to work. I had the best years of my life there. We were all a family, and at work we trusted each other because our lives depended of our team effort. The hardest part of the job were the long hours, sometimes 16 hours on flights to Japan, sometimes 20 hours waiting on turmags when there were winter storm or extreme weather conditions that forced the shut down of airports. An amazing experience that will stay in my heart for the rest of my life.
Miss managed and Corporate Greed with a powerless union
Stockkeeper (Former Employee), Dorval, QCJuly 24, 2012
Pros: people of diverse cultures getting along while getting the job done.
Cons: corporate greed, mismanagement, abuse of company priveleges
Great family atmosphere with much comrade. Great benefits with great pension plan. Flight privileges was a fantastic perk. Great workman skills and pride to maintain high degree of standard towrds flight safety. But too much Greed at the top and abuse from disgruntled employees and powerless union. Too Bad I would love to be still working for the airline that represents this country however and somehow be part of it seeing better days.
Fun place to work
Bilingual General Sales Agent (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 22, 2014
 Offer the highest level of customer service while providing customers with information regarding flights, fares, destinations, special offers and other travel products
 Use Air Canada’s in-house reservation system to make new flight reservations or to modify existing bookings
 Provide timely resolution to customer inquiries, including concerns and/or issues to ensure customer satisfaction
 Accurately obtain documents and confirm customer’s personal information for bookings
 Proactively explore and anticipate customer’s future needs by recommending our value-added services and products
LOVED THE RAPPORT WITH COLLEAGUES AND CUSTOMERS
CUSTOMER SALES & SERVICE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2013
Pros: the atmosphere of the job
Cons: inconsitant work hours
I STARTED MY DAY NOT ENTIRELY AWARE WHAT WAS IN STORE .THAT WAS THE EXCITING PART.
COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE TAUGHT ME EMPATHY FOR OTHERS AND THE NEED TO ACT ACCORDINLY.
WHEN THE WORK LOAD WAS FAST AND FURIOUS I WAS AT A HIGH. ENERGIZED BY THE NEED TO SOLVE AND SATISFY BOTH THE SITUATION AND THE VARIOUS PERSONALITIES.
THE HARDEST PART WAS COMMUNICATING TO CERTAIN STAID OPINIONATED PEOPLE PRIMARILY WIYHIN THE COMPANY. THIS REQUIRING MORE TIME AND PATIENCE RESULTING IN A BETTER UNDERSTANDING.
Productive and fast paced work on aircraft
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Discounted travel (after 6 months), friendly co-workers
Cons: Odd hours, working holidays and little ability to fix schedule issues
A day at the airport usually starts with finding your crew lead and working flights assigned to your crew. This means bringing aircraft to gate and dispatching from gate. Ground service tasks include to off load baggage and on load new baggage to aircraft.Ensuring aircraft cabin is clean, removing gate and pushing aircraft out of gate are also tasks of this job. Coworkers are great to work with and encourage safe work.
A company that does not value its employees
Concierge (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaApril 18, 2015
Pros: good flight benefits, problem solving, dynamic
Cons: a threatening, harassing and bullying environment
At a time when an employee experiences a work-related issue that victimizes him/her, management provides little if any support. Such a situation is traumatic enough to an employee, but with hardly any display of fairness or impartiality provided by any level of management leaves the employee feeling alone and threatened and with a much lowered work ethic and dedication to the company. The company is rife with "the old boys network" syndrome.
Would not recommend for others to apply into this department.
Call Centre Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montreal, QCApril 22, 2014
Pros: tremendous customers.
Cons: complete lack of professionalism.
Assisting clientèle with their travel needs.
Learned the company offers many destinations to its clientele.
New surge of management is under-qualified to handle work affairs and extremely unprofessional, unfortunately.
Co-workers I associated with are tremendous.
Hardest part is the unstable environment and complete lack of professionalism throughout the office.
Most enjoyable part is camaraderie with my select co-workers and making a true difference to the clientèle.
Life of a Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Travel the world
Cons: not full time and away from home
My day as a Flight Attendant begins with a call from a crew scheduler. A day on the job, for a Flight Attendant that could mean a trip to Paris or an emergency landing. It can be fun, an adventure or both. The schedule and passenger challenge me in ways I could never imagine. In this job seniority rules, however nothing beats hanging out in Las Vegas for 24 hours with a company paid hotel and expenses money.
mis-managed
Lead Station Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
This is a job that is based solely on how long you have been there...Management is completely out to lunch (half of them are not even trained for the job they are trying to manage)..

Flight benefits? Don't even try to fly in the summer or during the holiday peak period unless you have a ton of seniority..Union and management do not get along, don't even know why there is a union, they really don't help with anything.

Pay is low for the work, and the pension is on the brink of collapse..
Not a fun place to work
Customer Services and Sales Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2012
Terrible company to work. Management treat employees really bad starting from the general manager. Air Canada head office is a waist of time to complaint, they don't care about the employee. Union cannot do anything for the employee pay for no reason. You have to work crazy hour even holidays, no life and pay is even worse. Waist of time in your life, your opinion don't matter.
No matter how hard you work they always say you don't have performance, what a compliment from management . They only beleive the management. Good luck
When In Doubt
Travel Consultant & Agent Help Desk (Former Employee), Montreal QCApril 12, 2015
Pros: Satisfaction of assisting coworkers
Cons: some people are more visual when it comes to explaining
After a year of working for Air Canada's inbound customer and sales dept, i was fortunate to be part of the Agent Help Desk. I had a great dept of knowledge of the company's policies and procedures. We guided coworkers who would call our line for guidance. The help desk also managed corporate files of major companies who flew with us, their credits, flight history and revenue.
Fantastic Job Opportunity
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2014
Through this job I have gotten to travel the world, interact with people from all stages of life, observe different cultures and grow as a person. I am usually on call and therefore do not have much stability. My schedule varies greatly from month to month and I can get called with as little as 2.5hrs notice, which is the hardest part of the job. I have however enjoyed working with such compassionate and diverse people and I have enjoyed being kept on my toes constantly awaiting my next adventure.
Fun Workplace
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SALES & SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 6, 2015
With the shift i have from 3AM - 7AM its a pretty busy shift considering that we have 4 flights going out that time. I love my co-workers because they sweet and amazing. The hardest part of my job is when we have irregular operation such as cancellation of flights that leads to passengers who are freaking out and trying to get a flight as soon as possible. The job is not that so stressful and i enjoyed seeing different people with different nationalities.
Greatly honoured to be part of it.
Administrateur D'approvisionnement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 11, 2013
We learn everyday in this field, great team work and spirit, we have great management and amazing people with various skills.

My working experiences make me an motivated team player specializing in establishing and fostering strong working relationships across many functions, regardless of level, enhancing team success. Strong analytical skills help to fully scope each project, breaking it down to its essential parts, creating an effective worker and leader in ever changing environments.
Meeting lots of people and the travelling
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: jetlag
As you can imagine, I met so many people, from all over the world! Learnt a lot about different cultures over the years.
A typical day at work - arriving at work, checking your mail, reviewing bulletins , greeting your co-workers, going to aircraft, setting up, preparing for boarding, working onboard during flight.
The hardest part of the job at times was the jet-lag!
Most enjoyable part of the job was the layovers.
Employees