Air Canada Employee Reviews

Unionized employee
Lead Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2017
I worked as a unionized employee and as a manager at Air Canada. Working almost 15 years as a unionized team leader, I always put the safety on my team, the companies assets and the passengers as my first priority. I was always proactive and did my best to solve any issues at the lowest level possible.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Accountability
A Unionized Environment
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2017
Air Canada remains the flagship company of the maple leaf country. It is an amazing place to work that opens your eyes to a whole new world of customer centricity.

Its Unionized but can be mind opening
Pros
Solving peoples daily travel issues can be liberating and educating.
Cons
They pay isnt too fantastic
Great Company
Station Attendant Air Canada Cargo Toronto (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
It still operates basically like a crown corporation and offers many great benefits to its long standing employees.
The tough part is you will need to work irregular hours until you accumulate enough seniority to hold a regular time bid spot.
Overall it provides travel opportunities and great experience if that's what you are looking for.
Pros
Great medical/Dental benefits
Cons
Irregular hours
Great Company to work for
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 February 2017
Overall a great company to work for, my boss is amazing. This company takes care of there employees, Workplace culture is fun and hard working
Cons
Wages
Good job
Lead Cabin Service Attendant & Manpower Planner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 January 2017
I worked at Air Canada for 22 Years the job is great
The cons of the job is poor management...and lack of training in many areas
The job is easy it's the lazy union people around you that make the job hard.
Pros
Flight benifts
Cons
Lazy union co workers
People are nice to work with
avionics systems technologist (Former Employee) –  Dor26 January 2017
Schedule shift work
Management is horrible (interpersonal)
Work place culture is safety first
The hardest part not knowing when you get laid off
Best part was working on airplane
Pros
working on clean airplane
Cons
No work security
Benefits good and for unskilled wage is good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 January 2017
Like anywhere, there are frustrations with management. Keep your expectations low, follow the rules, follow SOP, work safely, enjoy making new friends.
The most enjoyable part would be all the coworkers. Management depends on whom you were dealing with as far as support. Upper management make way too much money and as an employee you can feel very insignificant and undervalued at contract time!
The worst part and the best part of the job are the same...the Passengers...they can be so difficult and mean while there are those gems that are appreciative and kind.
Pros
Air travel discounts
Cons
Angry customers
Loyal and Compassionate workplace
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
To start a Typical work day was based on your bid position. Over the course of this summer i dealt with flights to the US and Canada.

We worked hard, we worked fast and we got the flights out even when we didn't have all the equipment for it. Some days we were short-handed so we had a larger workload, quite a few of the days we were payed for 30 extra minutes because they'd cut our lunch.

Air Canada is a union environment and it felt like the union always had your back, like and older brother or a best friend. Most everyone treats you like family over there. In a few words: Solidarity, Respect, and friendship.

The hardest part of the job for me was the training and extra work given to you over the online programs they had.

I most of all enjoyed the community, the responsibility, the hard work and the feeling of someone always being there for you.
I found as i worked at Air Canada a sense of place, meaning and purpose and now with out it i feel lost.
Pros
Full-time = Full benefits(Message, Orthotics, Dental, Flight benefits)
Cons
Equipment and manpower shortages
Productive and employee focused workplace
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
I have enjoyed my 34 years of working at Air Canada Toronto. There was always something new everyday with good opportunity for
movement to other positions and departments if one wished.
Pros
Contemporary and exciting on a daily basis
Cons
Shiftwork and confining seniority issues.
ok work invroment
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
always busy and under staffed in the Calgary airportfun to work when there was no snow or bad weather, under staffed and over worked
Pros
benefits are awesome for traveling
Cons
you work in bad weather conditions

Want to know more about Air Canada?

Ask a question
Productable, Fast Paced work Environment
Lead Cabin Service Attendant (Acting) (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 January 2017
A day at work at Air Canada, could be both stressful and easy going. Depending on the weather things could go smoothly. It is a very fast paced company that gets tasks done on the second. The management team is efficient and works with employees to work towards the finish line. Co-workers turn into family, we see each other almost 6 days a week, you get to learn a little bit about every individual everyday. the Hardest part of the job would be, working in the weather, there will be times where it'll be -20 or +38. You have to be prepared for what ever the day is going to offer you. The most enjoyable part of the job would be, having everyone working as a team, woking fast and efficient is a key to a smoother day.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and staff
Cons
working in the weather conditions and long days
fun fast paced work experience
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON12 January 2017
the constant flow of passengers makes for an amazing experience. the communication between staff is great and allows for a successful travel experience for passengers. I learnt all lobby positions and its importance and enjoyed each and every one of them. The hardest part of the job would be having to sympathize with passengers that missed their flights because there is nothing that I personally could do. I enjoyed most being able to hep passengers check-in and be on their way in a timely manner because i knew they were happy with the speedy process.
Pros
gaining experience and knowledge of traveling
Cons
early hours
Amazing work place
Cabin Crew Member (Current Employee) –  toronto11 January 2017
excellent company to work for, where your treated as person not just another number.
Its the national carrier and when you work for AC you represent Canada.
you truly feel like a Canadian wearing the uniform with pride.
Pros
free flights
Cons
odd times of work
its ok for shift work job
Station Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON9 January 2017
Great place to work if you want great benefits and are ok with shift work. Fast pace environment where you can really climb the employment ladder.
Pros
cheap flights and great health benefits
Cons
shift work with crazy start times
Fun place to work for someone who loves to travel.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON30 December 2016
If you like to travel and love dealing with and meeting people from all over the world, this this the job for you.
Expect to not be home often and plan to be away for most holidays .
It can get very lonely at times, but you make allot of wonderful friends on the job.
Supportive Management and Room for Growth
Student Internship (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2016
Working for Air Canada for over a year has opened up a window of opportunity for myself as a young professional enetering into the work force. The exposure to their internal process has enriched both my work and university experience. The employees and management are all highly supportive and offer useful career advise.
Pros
Supportive staff, great work environment, good benefits
Cons
decisions are not made on a timely basis
Average employment
Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 December 2016
Average employers, no complaints or positive feedback. Managers are average and treats employees with respect. Pay is average and work condition is acceptable.
productive and interesting work ambiance
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 December 2016
Air Canada airport agents are ambassadors for the airline and represent an important component of our customer service equation. like working in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the world.
Pros
good benefits and hours
Cons
early and late shifts
Enjoy life balance
Cabin Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary16 December 2016
Good place to work with enjoying the perks . Opportunity is open to those are aggressive and ready for the challenge. Being part of the team is very much an honor.
Benefits
Cons
4 days on 4days off
Great Job
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2016
The job is great and so are the employees. There isn't much to complain about. The salary is rewarding and there is lots of opportunities for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.