Air Canada Employee Reviews

Cabin Crew Manager/In-flight STOC (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON31 August 2017
Great place to work with great benefits. I enjoy working here a lot and there is continuous learning and education for an individual. Started as station attendant and now working as a cabin crew manager
It is a great feeling being able to help passengers anywhere in the world!
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 August 2017
Air Canada has been a great experience at working outside my comfort zone.

With at least fifty daily calls, in very stressful situations, I have learned how to handle difficult passengers and help them with their requests.
Pros
Free flights, great benefits
Cons
salary
Challenging
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec24 August 2017
Quick changes forces constant changes in operations. Team work. Good communication skills. Very stressful at times. Deadlines changing constantly.
Capacity to adapt quickly.
Good knowlege of equipment operation.
Routine follow ups.
Pros
Insurance, flexible hours, travel facilities
Cons
Extreme dangerous environment, high noise, exposure to weather.
Awsome
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2017
This is an amazing company to work for. The people are great, you will meet and make new friends for life. Also the benefits are wonderful that you can not complain at all .
Ok
Sale and service agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 August 2017
Long hours, Ok shift work, draining since most customers call in to complain. Used language skills a good amount. I would do it again if it was part time.
Pros
good deal on flights
Cons
Rewarding and fun working environment
Service director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
I joined AirCanada's inflight cabin crew in 2012. It has been an awesome experience; this job has given me the chance to travel to many new destinations and provided me the opportunity to work with a truly diverse group of people.
Pros
almost free traveling, good health benefits and retirement plan
Cons
Schedule and reserve life in the beginning could be tough, but flying and money gets better with time
Very productive and fun working environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 August 2017
For most of my career, I spent 16 years at Air Canada Vacations. It was sincerely the most satisfying in my career. I learned a lot there, had several positions within the company, was fortunate enough to move around and develop professionally.
The benefits far outweighed the income. Management was fair, working environment could be stressful at times depending on the season.
Pros
Lots of outside the office functions
Cons
Snow storms, hurricanes, and march break stress
interesting and fun
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
fun work environment, often fast paced. the best part of the job is the travelling benefits. the job itself is pretty straight forward but demanding and the company policies are very strict
Air Canada is generally a pleasant place to work but there are many old school workers with poor attitudes.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON27 July 2017

The corporate communications are working on changes but culture change can take a long time.
Pros
Flight privileges
Cons
Many different shifts
I love working there part time
Cabin Services Groomer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2017
I great employer. I absolutely LOVE Air Canada they are the best. We have the best people around and it is always fun.
I think Air Canada is the best without having so many people in one van .
productive fun working place
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 July 2017
nice place to work, work colleagues were great, everyone helped each other, management were knowledgeable. upper management always looking for ways to make the working environment better.
benefits
Cons
computer systems
Variable
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 July 2017
Your day varies depending on position acquired and the management team you work with. Overall it is an interesting place to work at with great benefits.
Variety of work in every shift
Customer Service Agent, Cargo & Baggage (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 July 2017
Good place to work, overall, other than shift work, and sometimes overtime when flights were late.Interesting, varied work. Can be independent or in team work.
Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent shifts
Lead Cabin Environment Quality (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2017
Friendly coworkers, Managers are only helpful sometimes but nonetheless will try their best to help. Need a larger management team and stronger unity.
not bad
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2017
It is the first place in Canada where i started my work.As it is my first job, so i don't know it is good or bad.but overall it is average because they provide us full safety.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Very cold
One of the last places you can still get a pension
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON23 June 2017
It's a good place to work if you are young and are looking for a career because their are all kinds of things you can do so long as you can stay long enough to get enough seniority to be able to pick and choose the areas you like to work in plus long term the salary is very good for what you have to do.
Pros
Pension, Benefits
Cons
Can be reassigned everyday
Alright
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 June 2017
Good job in general but a lot of work and time demanding even for employees who are temporary and work part time. Temps do not get benefits but receive good salary.
Pros
fun
Getting better every day
VP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
The current leadership is driving change and AC is no longer the crown corporation it once was. Great for customers and employees. Change is never easy - so don't expect easy.
Amazing
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 June 2017
I work for Air Canada as a flight attendant, and I LOVE it!!! There isn't anything else i could ever think of choosing a career. I have lots of days off would love to find a part time serving or bartending job.
Poor Management
Customer Service Manager - Airports (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 June 2017
This company only has flight benefits going for them, a large network of international airlines. The leadership group are poorly trained (if at all) and do not know how to interact or engage with employees in a professional or productive manner. Neanderthal management techniques and managing by intimidation are the only way they know. If you are looking for a union role, perhaps you may find an improvement since you would be protected by the union. If you are seeking a 'Management' role, have thick skin and perhaps you can improve the poor working conditions for the leadership team. Bullying is typical and an acceptable way of handling day to day operations.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Work life balance / Poor Management