Air Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Operations Security Centre
Operations Security Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Awesome place to work, it was my first real office job and i got the training i needed and the people were amazing, staff lunches/suppers, Christmas parties, systems were very easy to work with. Only reason im not there anymore is because management changed when i left on Maternity leave and they gave away my seniority and i wasn't able to work nights at the time with a new born.
Productive and fun place as we also have a gym
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 9, 2016
1. Dispensing bags from international flights
2. Bags need to be dispensed as soon as possible as passengers have connecting flights
3. Management are helpful as they advice us what to do
4. They also help and make work enjoying
5. Doing shift works
6. Working with friends
Pros
A lot of down times
Cons
some heavy lifting required
enjoy my work
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2016
the most important day at workplace for me is first day.I believe on first impression is last ,i am a hard working person thats why i stay on one job last long.i can work as team and by myself both way am comfortable coz work is work .
Lowbrow
Manpower Resource Coordinator / Planner (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCFebruary 18, 2016
Not a tough work environment but the ones at the mid level of management privilege only a certain ethnicity which is very incorrect behavior for a business. Huge lack of diversity that takes priority in promoting ones own which in turn prevents real talent from being recognized.
Seniority
Airport Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 29, 2016
The seniority at Air Canada Jazz is hard to deal with it but I did it. Too much micromanagement. It did not allow for any movement.
Pros
Travel passes
Cons
micromanagement, lack of direction
Traveling benefits!
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 16, 2016
Self learning. Making your own decisions that satisfies the client and company. Ability to adapt quickly with changes on site.
Pros
Free hotels pearks for flights
Cons
Under paid and demanding
Air Canada
CSA agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I would welcome passengers and assist them with the check-in procedures. I made numerous announcements on a PA system in regards to flight status and to communicate with passengers. I assisted passengers with boarding and de-boarding and printed flight plans for pilots
Rapidly advancing company focusing on lean initiatives
Hangar Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONMay 30, 2016
Strong management team resulting in positive and efficient work practice. Lots of room for growth and a positive atmosphere.
Not a good place for work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Modern slavery environment, dictator management CEO to the lower level lead. pay rate is very low, benefits just for a name, sounds good flying benefits, if you work tim horton you make more money and fly with conform ticket
Pros
Cons
Lots of
Love the atmosphere! Team is terrific!
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES REP (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 19, 2016
I love the fast pace, the contact with passengers and the amazing benefits. Anyone that works with the airline is not here for the money. Work schedules are not for the faint of heart!.
Pros
benefits are amazing
Cons
difficult work schedules
worked the ramp, Cargo agent, Baggage agent
baggage agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 31, 2015
working on the ramp as a station services attendant or working in Cargo, as cargo agent, then advancing to Baggage agent.
All aspects of handling inbound and out aircraft, operational needs of public, shipping or traveling with Air Canada.
Co-workers, worked as a team.
working in extreme cold temps.
A good but loud work environment.
Great Environment to lear
FLIGHT ATTENDANT TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 29, 2016
In so little time, I got to learn so much and would be more that happy to continue in this field. Working as a valued team member, Air Canada is a very good employer
Interesting
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Paradise, NLMay 27, 2016
First job, enjoyed it very much. Opportunities to advance, base level entry career. Enjoyed management position immensely.
Customer Service
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Amazing working with a great team of motivated individuals. Air Canada is a phenomenal place to work as it provides its employees growth opportunities and a safe environment to work in.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
time away from my dogs
Fun and welcoming workplace
Air Canada, Temporary Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
Shifts were sporadic and sometimes difficult to manage.
But, the people who I worked with for this temporary assignment were very nice, welcoming and always around if I needed any help.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
un-predictable shifts
Love working at Air Canada
Corporate Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 20, 2016
I enjoy working for Air Canada. There are lots of great people in various departments of the company and the flying benefits are great.
Great Summer Job
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Took the position as a summer job while I was in post-secondary school and absolutely loved it. Gave me the core foundations for my future career in aviations. However I will say that since my time at Air Canada I have not been able to rejoin the company that gave me my start and it almost feels like I've been blacklisted from ever trying to apply again.
Great Place to learn
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
If you love to see people get excited about a family holiday or getting to see a family member visit someone they haven't seen for years its a great thing to witness.
Pros
Get to travel
Cons
Winter time can cause travel issues
Fun to work with other.
Part-time Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
-Very busy/ Fast pace job
-I enjoy working with various air Canada employees
-Job is very well organize
-Hardest part about the job would be working on a cold climate (winter)
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Lifting heavy bags
High stress - Micro Managment
Training Specialist - Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 26, 2015
Usually good employees and colleagues, but managers are not driven by the quality of there employees but only pleasing their immediate superior with record profits to the cost of their employees morale.

There is NO culture to keep talented employees
Pros
Cheap travel
Cons
No rewards