Air Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

fun, low pay job with great flight benefit
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
lots of down times at work. Have to go through tons of training. Pay wage should be higher with today's living standard. Moving heavy bags from station to different station. It's a typical labor job for people who likes exercising.
Pros
Lots of training provided
Cons
extremely freezing in winter
Station Attendant - Calgary
Station Attendant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
Best place to work lots of down time, you learn a lot great benefits plus awesome flight benefits, easy to pick up shift or trade your own shift. you have to go through from tons of training.

It just pays less, Overall its a best company to work with.
Pros
Benefits and perks, easy to pick up shifts or trade shifts, lots of training, learning
Cons
less hours for part timers
Not a good place for work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Modern slavery environment, dictator management CEO to the lower level lead. pay rate is very low, benefits just for a name, sounds good flying benefits, if you work tim horton you make more money and fly with conform ticket
Pros
Cons
Lots of
wonderful job, fun, low pay but great flight benefit
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
wonderful place & company to work for. Fun easy job. Pay wage could use an improvement but job comes with perks & great flight benefit.
Air Canada
CSA agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I would welcome passengers and assist them with the check-in procedures. I made numerous announcements on a PA system in regards to flight status and to communicate with passengers. I assisted passengers with boarding and de-boarding and printed flight plans for pilots
Always loved Pearson Airport
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
As a Canadian Citizen I can personally say that working at the Airport is one of the best working experiences. Aside from the fact that my coworkers were excellent people, I was able to learn how to handle everyday people. The benefits and bonuses of working at an airport alone is amazing, and anyone who enjoys reaping the benefits of their hard work will love this company.
Being with Jazz has been a great experience.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 22, 2016
Jazz Accounts Payable is a very busy, structured company.

In a typical day I manually key in invoices, balance accounts, vendor reconciliations on the biggest vendors we have like Bombardier, Aviall, Acklands. We buy all aircraft, aircraft parts and misc. items from these vendors.

I have learned to be organized, a team player, and work with very minimal errors.

My co-workers are wonderful. I have worked with a few of them for over 26 years now.

The hardest part of my job is watching other co-workers being slack. This really bothers me as we all have the same workload and seeing them talking on their cell phones and such irk me.

I love data entry, interacting with internal and external customers.
Pros
cheap airfares
Love the atmosphere! Team is terrific!
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES REP (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 19, 2016
I love the fast pace, the contact with passengers and the amazing benefits. Anyone that works with the airline is not here for the money. Work schedules are not for the faint of heart!.
Pros
benefits are amazing
Cons
difficult work schedules
Great Place to learn
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
If you love to see people get excited about a family holiday or getting to see a family member visit someone they haven't seen for years its a great thing to witness.
Pros
Get to travel
Cons
Winter time can cause travel issues
Lowbrow
Manpower Resource Coordinator / Planner (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCFebruary 18, 2016
Not a tough work environment but the ones at the mid level of management privilege only a certain ethnicity which is very incorrect behavior for a business. Huge lack of diversity that takes priority in promoting ones own which in turn prevents real talent from being recognized.
Fun to work with other.
Part-time Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
-Very busy/ Fast pace job
-I enjoy working with various air Canada employees
-Job is very well organize
-Hardest part about the job would be working on a cold climate (winter)
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Lifting heavy bags
Customer Service
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Amazing working with a great team of motivated individuals. Air Canada is a phenomenal place to work as it provides its employees growth opportunities and a safe environment to work in.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
time away from my dogs
Productive and fun place as we also have a gym
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 9, 2016
1. Dispensing bags from international flights
2. Bags need to be dispensed as soon as possible as passengers have connecting flights
3. Management are helpful as they advice us what to do
4. They also help and make work enjoying
5. Doing shift works
6. Working with friends
Pros
A lot of down times
Cons
some heavy lifting required
Operations Security Centre
Operations Security Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Awesome place to work, it was my first real office job and i got the training i needed and the people were amazing, staff lunches/suppers, Christmas parties, systems were very easy to work with. Only reason im not there anymore is because management changed when i left on Maternity leave and they gave away my seniority and i wasn't able to work nights at the time with a new born.
Productive and fast paced work on aircraft
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
A day at the airport usually starts with finding your crew lead and working flights assigned to your crew. This means bringing aircraft to gate and dispatching from gate. Ground service tasks include to off load baggage and on load new baggage to aircraft.Ensuring aircraft cabin is clean, removing gate and pushing aircraft out of gate are also tasks of this job. Coworkers are great to work with and encourage safe work.
Pros
Discounted travel (after 6 months), friendly co-workers
Cons
Odd hours, working holidays and little ability to fix schedule issues
Fun and welcoming workplace
Air Canada, Temporary Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
Shifts were sporadic and sometimes difficult to manage.
But, the people who I worked with for this temporary assignment were very nice, welcoming and always around if I needed any help.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
un-predictable shifts
Fun working Enviornmet
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Long but rewarding days.
interacting with new faces on a daily basis
Seeing different parts of the world
Experiencing new cultures
Friendly working environment
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Colleagues are pretty friendly. Training is helpful. Holiday season is pretty busy and sometimes you have to get up pretty early.
worked the ramp, Cargo agent, Baggage agent
baggage agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 31, 2015
working on the ramp as a station services attendant or working in Cargo, as cargo agent, then advancing to Baggage agent.
All aspects of handling inbound and out aircraft, operational needs of public, shipping or traveling with Air Canada.
Co-workers, worked as a team.
working in extreme cold temps.
A good but loud work environment.
High stress - Micro Managment
Training Specialist - Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 26, 2015
Usually good employees and colleagues, but managers are not driven by the quality of there employees but only pleasing their immediate superior with record profits to the cost of their employees morale.

There is NO culture to keep talented employees
Pros
Cheap travel
Cons
No rewards