Air Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fast paced work on aircraft
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Discounted travel (after 6 months), friendly co-workers
Cons: Odd hours, working holidays and little ability to fix schedule issues
A day at the airport usually starts with finding your crew lead and working flights assigned to your crew. This means bringing aircraft to gate and dispatching from gate. Ground service tasks include to off load baggage and on load new baggage to aircraft.Ensuring aircraft cabin is clean, removing gate and pushing aircraft out of gate are also tasks of this job. Coworkers are great to work with and encourage safe work.
Productive and fun place as we also have a gym
Station Attendant (Current Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: A lot of down times
Cons: some heavy lifting required
1. Dispensing bags from international flights
2. Bags need to be dispensed as soon as possible as passengers have connecting flights
3. Management are helpful as they advice us what to do
4. They also help and make work enjoying
5. Doing shift works
6. Working with friends
Work was very enjoyable and senior management was not employee oriented.
Station Attendant - Air Side (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Free flights
Cons: Long hours and harsh working conditions in the winter
The work that I did with AC was exciting, satisfying and very interesting. The unfortunate downside was that senior management at AC considered the employees to be more of a liability than an asset and was constantly finding fault with even the most minor things and rarely gave credit for a job well done. My immediate supervisors (I worked on a number of different ramp teams due to the shift work) were just the opposite. They were helpful, encouraging, informative and extremely supportive.The dichotomy was unfortunate.
Lowbrow
Manpower Resource Coordinator / Planner (Former Employee), Dorval, QCFebruary 18, 2016
Not a tough work environment but the ones at the mid level of management privilege only a certain ethnicity which is very incorrect behavior for a business. Huge lack of diversity that takes priority in promoting ones own which in turn prevents real talent from being recognized.
Great Opportunities
MANAGER, CUSTOMER SERVICE - RAMP/SALES/ASSETS (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 17, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to learn and contribute
Cons: Pay
- Educational
- Full days
- Great variety of people to work with
- Travel Benefits
- Ability to work in different cities
- Uniforms paid for
fun job with lots of benefits
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2015
Plenty of travel and new sights to see. Shift work was probably the biggest adjustment. Plenty of perks and benefits with a wonderful work environment.
Great Summer Job
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Took the position as a summer job while I was in post-secondary school and absolutely loved it. Gave me the core foundations for my future career in aviations. However I will say that since my time at Air Canada I have not been able to rejoin the company that gave me my start and it almost feels like I've been blacklisted from ever trying to apply again.
Line maintenance
ame (Former Employee), vancouver, b.c.December 26, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: night shift, long hours, miserable employees, managers routinely lie to get themselves ahead, union will take your dues but will not stick up for anyone.p for
Fun bunch of people to work with but the company seems to want to get rid of all high time high experience people and hire cheaper labor with little or no experience and have the maint control in Halifax tell them what and how to fix snags that will occur. most of these people have never seen the airplane and are managers with bottom lines and bonuses in mind and not AME`s or mechanics, which has soured the work environment to the point where the employees no longer care\
Great time
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2016
Everyone that works there, staff, management is fantastic to work with and allows for an enjoyable work atmosphere. Would definitely love to work for them again.
High stress - Micro Managment
Training Specialist - Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 26, 2015
Pros: Cheap travel
Cons: No rewards
Usually good employees and colleagues, but managers are not driven by the quality of there employees but only pleasing their immediate superior with record profits to the cost of their employees morale.

There is NO culture to keep talented employees
Work to Rule
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: pain, agony
Cons: its a rip off.
Air Canada Is a Union Based company, if you don't have thick skin it is definitely not for you. The pay structure is completely wrong. you will have people doing the exact same work beside each other and one will be getting payed 45 an Hr and the other 10 an Hr, they cannot keep the part time employees because it is to dangerous, I saw many part time people hurt and the workers compensation claims are out of this world. 30 to 40 people a day call in sick. So if you want help cause someone called in sick, forget it you can just work your but off. Benefits are like a con game they will dangle them in front of you to entice you to sign on, but you will never get to use them as you have to phone India as that is where the call center is if you want to use them, Take a number get in line.

Yes I think you get the Message, hopefully.
fun, low pay job with great flight benefit
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Lots of training provided
Cons: extremely freezing in winter
lots of down times at work. Have to go through tons of training. Pay wage should be higher with today's living standard. Moving heavy bags from station to different station. It's a typical labor job for people who likes exercising.
Productive work, friendly coworkers, quiet atmosphere
Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2016
The office was generally quiet, easy to be productive and get work done. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful, and I enjoyed the working atmosphere. It was nice to have lunch outside in the courtyard, trees and shade to sit under, and a nice cafeteria indoors.
Always Something New to Learn
Business Analyst, Application Support (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 21, 2016
A company as large as Air Canada has many different departments, all offering something new and interesting for an employee to learn.
An ok job, not a career
Station Attendent (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 28, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Low Pay, Does not support college Education
Air Canada was just ok. The group I worked with was awesome and I had some great times working with the guys. I wanted to go back to school and because my position was Union based, Management wouldn't work with my school schedule (M-F 8:30am - 12:30pm). I quit and got a job at a hotel gift shop which funny enough paid more. Air Canada was begging for people and would fly people from other Airports just to fill the position. I didn't think that was right however I'm so glad I moved on. It was just a job not a career.
Chosen as one of Canada's Top 100 employers in 2015
STATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Dorval, QCMay 2, 2016
Pros: flight privileges
Cons: shift work which includes, evenings, weekends and holidays
Air Canada provided a safe work place and a wide rage of benefits, health care including medication,dental and eye care. In addition very low cost air travel.
worked the ramp, Cargo agent, Baggage agent
baggage agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 31, 2015
working on the ramp as a station services attendant or working in Cargo, as cargo agent, then advancing to Baggage agent.
All aspects of handling inbound and out aircraft, operational needs of public, shipping or traveling with Air Canada.
Co-workers, worked as a team.
working in extreme cold temps.
A good but loud work environment.
Air Canada
CSA agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I would welcome passengers and assist them with the check-in procedures. I made numerous announcements on a PA system in regards to flight status and to communicate with passengers. I assisted passengers with boarding and de-boarding and printed flight plans for pilots
Fun and welcoming workplace
Air Canada, Temporary Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Nice work environment
Cons: un-predictable shifts
Shifts were sporadic and sometimes difficult to manage.
But, the people who I worked with for this temporary assignment were very nice, welcoming and always around if I needed any help.
excelente service
Barmaid at International maple leaf lounge (Former Employee), Dorval, QCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: Compass company management
Geat services at International maple leaf lounge, that I was bartending for 8 moths, air Canada give the best of the best, I kept my Vip clients always happy.
Employees