Air Canada Employee Reviews

If You like travel and travelers this is the place for you.
Crew Scheduling Manpower Planning+Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 March 2017
Eat, Sleep...Travel.

You will be able to improve any customer service and management skills you think you may already have. This company will increase the speed and dedication to customers by 3 to 5 times anything you have done outside the airline business.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Your work life is at the mercy of Canadian weather.
Very dynamic and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Although the hours can be long depending on if there was an event that day, RSA is a great place to work that always brings something new each day. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet people from all over the world and build a connection with them while helping them shop.
fun enviroment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2017
you need to be flexible to start either really early at 0330 or to stay late as 0300 am .
Busy environment , lots of standing ,walking , bending.
amazing benefits
Pros
Cheap Flights
Cons
Great benefits but hard work
STATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON2 March 2017
Air Canada has great benefits but the work is hard and can be longer with unexpected over time hours. With no seniority you are pretty much screwed for time. Bid is whatever is left over.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Forced overtime
Lack of senior direction
Manager, Enterprise Data Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 March 2017
In almost 3 years, i've had 5 senior directors.
They need more stable senior directors with proper skillset.
Opportunities for career progression are kept at a minimum.
Pros
Flight passes
Cons
Very, very long hours as we often worked way past the regulatory 40 hours
One of the best employers you could ask for.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
The Culture at Air Canada is top notch. They truly care about their employees, and strive to set you up for success. A strong work/life balance is encouraged, and you get to travel around the world!
This was a very good experience
Aircraft Machinist (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC19 February 2017
It gave me a chance to learn lots about the aircraft industry. I worked on new and very specialized machines. It gave me the opportunity to work on large mills( horizontal and vertical, boring mill, cylindrical grinder (int and Ext), large lathes, vertical grinder 40" table
Exciting and quick work pace with lots to organize
Ramp agent SAS (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT17 February 2017
With air Canada i was the ramp agent, meaning I would bring the plane in unload its bags and reload with the new passengers bags. It was dangerous and very fast pace because the plane was on a timeline and it depended on us. It was a very well organized company and the whole management and my team were awesome. It was a never a dull moment. The benefits were great and i got a lot of experience with customer service and skills related to his job. Only downside is that you basically have to devote your time to this job because you have late flights and early flights etc.
Pros
Great pay and great people lots of hours
Cons
must be available 24/7 and hard on your back
good company, and good opportunity to make a career in the company
Cabin Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 February 2017
was an experience to learn a new job, and learn some new things about this job, the co workers weren't very helpfull when i needed.
Admin
Administrative coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Wonderful work life balance; great people to work with and busy environment to keep you motivated! Part of a large HR department; working mainly with H&S coordination and other HR assistant duties as required on a daily basis
Unionized employee
Lead Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2017
I worked as a unionized employee and as a manager at Air Canada. Working almost 15 years as a unionized team leader, I always put the safety on my team, the companies assets and the passengers as my first priority. I was always proactive and did my best to solve any issues at the lowest level possible.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Accountability
A Unionized Environment
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2017
Air Canada remains the flagship company of the maple leaf country. It is an amazing place to work that opens your eyes to a whole new world of customer centricity.

Its Unionized but can be mind opening
Pros
Solving peoples daily travel issues can be liberating and educating.
Cons
They pay isnt too fantastic
Great Company
Station Attendant Air Canada Cargo Toronto (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
It still operates basically like a crown corporation and offers many great benefits to its long standing employees.
The tough part is you will need to work irregular hours until you accumulate enough seniority to hold a regular time bid spot.
Overall it provides travel opportunities and great experience if that's what you are looking for.
Pros
Great medical/Dental benefits
Cons
Irregular hours
Great Company to work for
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 February 2017
Overall a great company to work for, my boss is amazing. This company takes care of there employees, Workplace culture is fun and hard working
Cons
Wages
Good job
Lead Cabin Service Attendant & Manpower Planner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 January 2017
I worked at Air Canada for 22 Years the job is great
The cons of the job is poor management...and lack of training in many areas
The job is easy it's the lazy union people around you that make the job hard.
Pros
Flight benifts
Cons
Lazy union co workers
People are nice to work with
avionics systems technologist (Former Employee) –  Dor26 January 2017
Schedule shift work
Management is horrible (interpersonal)
Work place culture is safety first
The hardest part not knowing when you get laid off
Best part was working on airplane
Pros
working on clean airplane
Cons
No work security
Benefits good and for unskilled wage is good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 January 2017
Like anywhere, there are frustrations with management. Keep your expectations low, follow the rules, follow SOP, work safely, enjoy making new friends.
The most enjoyable part would be all the coworkers. Management depends on whom you were dealing with as far as support. Upper management make way too much money and as an employee you can feel very insignificant and undervalued at contract time!
The worst part and the best part of the job are the same...the Passengers...they can be so difficult and mean while there are those gems that are appreciative and kind.
Pros
Air travel discounts
Cons
Angry customers
Loyal and Compassionate workplace
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
To start a Typical work day was based on your bid position. Over the course of this summer i dealt with flights to the US and Canada.

We worked hard, we worked fast and we got the flights out even when we didn't have all the equipment for it. Some days we were short-handed so we had a larger workload, quite a few of the days we were payed for 30 extra minutes because they'd cut our lunch.

Air Canada is a union environment and it felt like the union always had your back, like and older brother or a best friend. Most everyone treats you like family over there. In a few words: Solidarity, Respect, and friendship.

The hardest part of the job for me was the training and extra work given to you over the online programs they had.

I most of all enjoyed the community, the responsibility, the hard work and the feeling of someone always being there for you.
I found as i worked at Air Canada a sense of place, meaning and purpose and now with out it i feel lost.
Pros
Full-time = Full benefits(Message, Orthotics, Dental, Flight benefits)
Cons
Equipment and manpower shortages
Productive and employee focused workplace
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
I have enjoyed my 34 years of working at Air Canada Toronto. There was always something new everyday with good opportunity for
movement to other positions and departments if one wished.
Pros
Contemporary and exciting on a daily basis
Cons
Shiftwork and confining seniority issues.
ok work invroment
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
always busy and under staffed in the Calgary airportfun to work when there was no snow or bad weather, under staffed and over worked
Pros
benefits are awesome for traveling
Cons
you work in bad weather conditions