Air Canada Employee Reviews

A day at the Airport
Bilingual Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2016
Working at the airport is not for everyone. It is a busy, stressful environment but also very rewarding in itself. The work atmosphere can be stressful but it is very unique because of all the different people you meet.
I learned how to manage my stress and how to thrive under a lot of pressure while working at the airport. The management is great and very understanding, and my co-workers were respectful, helpful and diverse.
The hardest part of the job was undoubtedly the stress that comes along with it, but the people that I met was what made me motivated to come to work everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Great Opportunities, unconventional job!
Service Director, Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 November 2016
I am a Flight Attendant with Air Canada Rouge. For me, it's been an exciting journey and has been very rewarding. As a young person, I have been able to travel and visit over 30 countries this year alone. Flexible schedule, great co-workers and amazing destinations. Candidate selection and training was rigorous but well worth it. Joining AC Rouge at this time is wise as it is relatively new, and your seniority can grow very fast.

As a downside, the pay is not the greatest in the Winter seasons as the flying hours and the per diem amounts are low. It can also be quite tiring and straining on your health as the hours are all over the place. Passengers some times can be a handful.

Overall, if you'd like to experience the world through work (and through the benefits of flight passes), working for AC is definitely recommended. I love it!
Typical giant coorperation
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2016
There was never a job I ever loved more then this one in my life, this was my true calling had I only started at a time in my life where I could afford low wages.

the compensation is really good as far as travel goes. union and medical benefits are as good as the government of Canada, and past probation job security is all but guaranteed.
I recommend this for young student who maybe picked the wrong thing in school and needs a good place to grow.

The staff I worked with was more then helpful and made me feel like a part of a family. I found pride and satisfaction doing my job every day. If the job could pay me more I probably would never have left

advancement is easy but you need to know, I was in the mix for a promotion before I finished probation, it is possible, most employees are over 20years experience not willing to leave the union.
Pros
90$ to tokiyo or delhi few times a year
Cons
your just a number to coorperate management
Great group of co-workers
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON7 September 2016
Working as a station attendant is one of the more unique jobs that I've had. First off the people are great, lots of fun and laughs to the point where at times it doesn't even feel like work. That being said, the work isn't for everyone. You have to work in the elements, rain, snow, hail, heat, cold, you name it. A big positive is the flexibility in your schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits
Cons
Weather
Overal good place to work
DIRECTOR, SAFETY, SECURITY & ENVIRONMENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Air Canada has a long legacy, which works to its benefit and detriment all at the same time. Opportunity for advancement is limited, and often silo-ed making for a difficult organic growth process for someone's career.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Departmental Silos
Management is not fair.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 August 2016
They should stop hiring tons of people and let go of the experienced once.

They always hire new station attendants, and then they keep on cutting people because its either they fail the written exams that are non-sense at the first place. they base their employees ability through a piece of paper.
Pros
Great benefits if they let you pass your probation
Cons
They will cut you so easily if you're under probation
Amazing travel and health benefits
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
Loved working in the call centre environment.
Friendly employees made it fun to seek out answers to somewhat challenging questions.
Salary could be improved for the detail needed in work.
Management was ok.
Fast pace work environment with great benefits.
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  YYZ18 July 2016
This job is not for the faint of heart. It is definitely a fast pace workplace with a lot of risks but it is very rewarding to be a part of such a large prestigious company. You receive great health benefits as well as flight benefits. It is very enjoyable working with different air crafts and the people you meet while working are very nice and friendly.
Air Canada line Maintenance
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 October 2016
Great place to work with great benefits and a good job culture. Every day is different with a new job to be done on a new aircraft type daily. Makes Air Canada a fun place to be working for.
Where to start?
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON16 October 2016
A lot of benefits to working with air canada rouge.
However work/life balance not worth all the time spent away from home. Not paid for all the hard work.
An friendly and active work environment, safe and maintained properly as per airport standardsf
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 April 2016
Fast paced and a great work environment. Loud and high pressure and stressful situations. Working to get each flight out safely and on time. Everybody worked as a team and kept a positive attitude in high pressure situations which was most of the time. Dealing with the extreme weather, high winds and extremely cold temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was driving the loader to the aircraft, getting to use the heavy machinery and also the positive work environment. If anyone ever had a issue they would talk it out in a positive manner. Always left work with a smile.
Pros
Flight Benefits, Positive Environment
Cons
Extreme weather conditions
fun and positive work place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 October 2016
I absolutely love the work I do for this company. I have great benefits, especially while being a student as well. It's a job that is different every day, and it challenges me in every way.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
shift work
Productive and excellent work environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
Every day is different, that is what makes this job fun and exciting. You never stop learning, and you get to work and know different people every single day at work.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Fast pace environment
Not as glamorous as agents in the terminal
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 September 2016
Lifting bags from 5 to 80lbs while stacking them up to 7ot 8 feet
Working in confined spaces
Using equipment that sometimes inadequately maintained.
Pros
Medical Benefits for PT work, Flight benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting, bad equipment
Great company to work for.
Baggage Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 August 2016
Air Canada is a great company to work for. They have amazing benefits and great management. Great work environment for employees.
Fun workplace with ability to travel around
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
All crew members are friendly, destinations are great and always technologically innovative. Always seeking advancement in different fields to accommodate the needs for customers and employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
unstable days
Chosen as one of Canada's Top 100 employers in 2015
STATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC2 May 2016
Air Canada provided a safe work place and a wide rage of benefits, health care including medication,dental and eye care. In addition very low cost air travel.
Pros
flight privileges
Cons
shift work which includes, evenings, weekends and holidays
Station Attendant - Calgary
Station Attendant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2016
Best place to work lots of down time, you learn a lot great benefits plus awesome flight benefits, easy to pick up shift or trade your own shift. you have to go through from tons of training.

It just pays less, Overall its a best company to work with.
Pros
Benefits and perks, easy to pick up shifts or trade shifts, lots of training, learning
Cons
less hours for part timers
Always loved Pearson Airport
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2016
As a Canadian Citizen I can personally say that working at the Airport is one of the best working experiences. Aside from the fact that my coworkers were excellent people, I was able to learn how to handle everyday people. The benefits and bonuses of working at an airport alone is amazing, and anyone who enjoys reaping the benefits of their hard work will love this company.
Love working at Air Canada
Corporate Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 April 2016
I enjoy working for Air Canada. There are lots of great people in various departments of the company and the flying benefits are great.