Air Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Not a good place for work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Modern slavery environment, dictator management CEO to the lower level lead. pay rate is very low, benefits just for a name, sounds good flying benefits, if you work tim horton you make more money and fly with conform ticket
Pros
Cons
Lots of
Station Attendant - Calgary
Station Attendant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
Best place to work lots of down time, you learn a lot great benefits plus awesome flight benefits, easy to pick up shift or trade your own shift. you have to go through from tons of training.

It just pays less, Overall its a best company to work with.
Pros
Benefits and perks, easy to pick up shifts or trade shifts, lots of training, learning
Cons
less hours for part timers
Entertainment place
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  40 Bay Street, Toronto. OnNovember 21, 2015
A typical day at work is cleaning throughout the Air Canada Center. First I vacuum and clean the VIP Suites, then cleaning the dressing room for players, followed by sweeping the court. After the event has finished I usually throw out the garbage. I learnt that timing is important, while also to make fans happy by cleaning the stadium and being professional. The management is always supporting us and encouraging us to do good, an example is giving us awards. They also give us accessories for the Raptors and Maple Leafs, while providing the necessities we need for work. The hardest part I have experienced is cleaning during crowded events. But my most enjoyable part of the job is listening to artists while they perform and celebrating with the fans when our team scores.
Pros
entertainment, nearby to my home
Cons
no benefit, too less hours
Always loved Pearson Airport
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
As a Canadian Citizen I can personally say that working at the Airport is one of the best working experiences. Aside from the fact that my coworkers were excellent people, I was able to learn how to handle everyday people. The benefits and bonuses of working at an airport alone is amazing, and anyone who enjoys reaping the benefits of their hard work will love this company.
Operations Security Centre
Operations Security Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Awesome place to work, it was my first real office job and i got the training i needed and the people were amazing, staff lunches/suppers, Christmas parties, systems were very easy to work with. Only reason im not there anymore is because management changed when i left on Maternity leave and they gave away my seniority and i wasn't able to work nights at the time with a new born.
good job culture
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2015
good job culture, low job turn over, and employees are friendly to each other. it is a good environment to start up a career and rise in the company.
Pros
good job culture
Typical giant coorperation
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2016
There was never a job I ever loved more then this one in my life, this was my true calling had I only started at a time in my life where I could afford low wages.

the compensation is really good as far as travel goes. union and medical benefits are as good as the government of Canada, and past probation job security is all but guaranteed.
I recommend this for young student who maybe picked the wrong thing in school and needs a good place to grow.

The staff I worked with was more then helpful and made me feel like a part of a family. I found pride and satisfaction doing my job every day. If the job could pay me more I probably would never have left

advancement is easy but you need to know, I was in the mix for a promotion before I finished probation, it is possible, most employees are over 20years experience not willing to leave the union.
Pros
90$ to tokiyo or delhi few times a year
Cons
your just a number to coorperate management
An friendly and active work environment, safe and maintained properly as per airport standardsf
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 14, 2016
Fast paced and a great work environment. Loud and high pressure and stressful situations. Working to get each flight out safely and on time. Everybody worked as a team and kept a positive attitude in high pressure situations which was most of the time. Dealing with the extreme weather, high winds and extremely cold temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was driving the loader to the aircraft, getting to use the heavy machinery and also the positive work environment. If anyone ever had a issue they would talk it out in a positive manner. Always left work with a smile.
Pros
Flight Benefits, Positive Environment
Cons
Extreme weather conditions
Great time
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2016
Everyone that works there, staff, management is fantastic to work with and allows for an enjoyable work atmosphere. Would definitely love to work for them again.
Productive and fun place as we also have a gym
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 9, 2016
1. Dispensing bags from international flights
2. Bags need to be dispensed as soon as possible as passengers have connecting flights
3. Management are helpful as they advice us what to do
4. They also help and make work enjoying
5. Doing shift works
6. Working with friends
Pros
A lot of down times
Cons
some heavy lifting required
Lowbrow
Manpower Resource Coordinator / Planner (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCFebruary 18, 2016
Not a tough work environment but the ones at the mid level of management privilege only a certain ethnicity which is very incorrect behavior for a business. Huge lack of diversity that takes priority in promoting ones own which in turn prevents real talent from being recognized.
Being with Jazz has been a great experience.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 22, 2016
Jazz Accounts Payable is a very busy, structured company.

In a typical day I manually key in invoices, balance accounts, vendor reconciliations on the biggest vendors we have like Bombardier, Aviall, Acklands. We buy all aircraft, aircraft parts and misc. items from these vendors.

I have learned to be organized, a team player, and work with very minimal errors.

My co-workers are wonderful. I have worked with a few of them for over 26 years now.

The hardest part of my job is watching other co-workers being slack. This really bothers me as we all have the same workload and seeing them talking on their cell phones and such irk me.

I love data entry, interacting with internal and external customers.
Pros
cheap airfares
Work was very enjoyable and senior management was not employee oriented.
Station Attendant - Air Side (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 16, 2015
The work that I did with AC was exciting, satisfying and very interesting. The unfortunate downside was that senior management at AC considered the employees to be more of a liability than an asset and was constantly finding fault with even the most minor things and rarely gave credit for a job well done. My immediate supervisors (I worked on a number of different ramp teams due to the shift work) were just the opposite. They were helpful, encouraging, informative and extremely supportive.The dichotomy was unfortunate.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Long hours and harsh working conditions in the winter
Customer Service
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Amazing working with a great team of motivated individuals. Air Canada is a phenomenal place to work as it provides its employees growth opportunities and a safe environment to work in.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
time away from my dogs
Love the atmosphere! Team is terrific!
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES REP (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 19, 2016
I love the fast pace, the contact with passengers and the amazing benefits. Anyone that works with the airline is not here for the money. Work schedules are not for the faint of heart!.
Pros
benefits are amazing
Cons
difficult work schedules
High stress - Micro Managment
Training Specialist - Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 26, 2015
Usually good employees and colleagues, but managers are not driven by the quality of there employees but only pleasing their immediate superior with record profits to the cost of their employees morale.

There is NO culture to keep talented employees
Pros
Cheap travel
Cons
No rewards
Fun to work with other.
Part-time Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
-Very busy/ Fast pace job
-I enjoy working with various air Canada employees
-Job is very well organize
-Hardest part about the job would be working on a cold climate (winter)
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Lifting heavy bags
Great Summer Job
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Took the position as a summer job while I was in post-secondary school and absolutely loved it. Gave me the core foundations for my future career in aviations. However I will say that since my time at Air Canada I have not been able to rejoin the company that gave me my start and it almost feels like I've been blacklisted from ever trying to apply again.
Customer Service Manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2016
Absolutely loved my position . But due to cutbacks and the company unwilling to accommodate my disability/ fibromyalgia I was packaged off . Also the Director for Western Canada was extremely unsupportive of me even though I was the most knowledgeable manager on base.

Loved my job, our customers and being our brand ! was a proud AC employee and will forever miss it
Pros
Working for Air Canada
Cons
hard shift hours
Fun co-workers
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2015
Good atmosphere among co-workers.
Company was very disorganized.
Salary and benefits are not competitive enough in this economy.
Salary too low.