Air Canada Employee Review

Great life style, lots of time off.... But no recognition
SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2014
As most of big companies, the benefits are great, medical, pension,etc... Beside that, this is a customer service job like any other, meaning customers are rarely greatful, management is useless and incentives non-existent. I worked with great employees, and the overall experience is good (not great); but the maturity stops at age 25.
The future for employees is not looking so good, Rouge is taking on more flying away from Air Canada (the so-called main line); which means less work for Air Canada employees. Some bases are seeing 20 years sitting on reserve (on call), and it will just get worth.
Do not believe what the news are saying, Air Canada is one of the best company to work for (2013); this is clearly based on the performance of the stock only. Also do not feel compassionate for managers or executive managers. Their goal is to squeeze as much as possible from the employees so they get bigger bonus.
Top Executives have seen unjustified increases in compensation in the last years, while employees are barely seeing pay increase at inflation rate.
This airline would be profitable if less management and smaller payouts. But this is not going to happen.

Other Air Canada Employee Reviews

productive and cool workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2018
if you love being in a costumer service environment, working here would be really great for you. Hours are convenient to you and the salary becomes worth it long term. You get your benefits 6 months in, which is awesome. Overall staff is friendly
Once a good place to work but unfortunately has since changed
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON9 March 2018
Air Canada has given me with a satisfying career for the last 38 years. It has provided me with good benefits and a fairly secure job for most of the years I have spent there. Management as of late has truly lacked and unfortunately has lost its connection with its employees who are, in my view the back bone of the airline. The pay scale has been drastically been reduced,and by doing so created a difficult working environment. Constant turnover along with employees working side by side doing the same work with equal responsibilities. The best part of what my work has given me is the friends and relationships that I gained through the many years. It’s the people that have made it an enjoyable place to work. The most difficult part of working at Air Canada is the constant pressure placed on its employees in order to achieve on time performance and with constant obstacles preventing you from meeting your required targets. I will miss it though and will leave with only good memories.
Travel benefits
Shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.