Air Canada Employee Review

Great life style, lots of time off.... But no recognition
SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2014
As most of big companies, the benefits are great, medical, pension,etc... Beside that, this is a customer service job like any other, meaning customers are rarely greatful, management is useless and incentives non-existent. I worked with great employees, and the overall experience is good (not great); but the maturity stops at age 25.
The future for employees is not looking so good, Rouge is taking on more flying away from Air Canada (the so-called main line); which means less work for Air Canada employees. Some bases are seeing 20 years sitting on reserve (on call), and it will just get worth.
Do not believe what the news are saying, Air Canada is one of the best company to work for (2013); this is clearly based on the performance of the stock only. Also do not feel compassionate for managers or executive managers. Their goal is to squeeze as much as possible from the employees so they get bigger bonus.
Top Executives have seen unjustified increases in compensation in the last years, while employees are barely seeing pay increase at inflation rate.
This airline would be profitable if less management and smaller payouts. But this is not going to happen.

Other Air Canada Employee Reviews

CONTACT CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Canada15 December 2017
Great Company, good people.
The company has made several changes to better our work and customer experience. I love working for AC. Are days are never dull, we get great benefits and if it wasn't for the harsh winters I would not look to relocate to South Florida.
really good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2017
good place to work, nice staff, very high tech, alot of benefits, nice pay, very busy most of the time, working on Christmas also, employee discounts on flights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.