Air Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Station Attendant - Calgary
Station Attendant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
Best place to work lots of down time, you learn a lot great benefits plus awesome flight benefits, easy to pick up shift or trade your own shift. you have to go through from tons of training.

It just pays less, Overall its a best company to work with.
Pros
Benefits and perks, easy to pick up shifts or trade shifts, lots of training, learning
Cons
less hours for part timers
Always loved Pearson Airport
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
As a Canadian Citizen I can personally say that working at the Airport is one of the best working experiences. Aside from the fact that my coworkers were excellent people, I was able to learn how to handle everyday people. The benefits and bonuses of working at an airport alone is amazing, and anyone who enjoys reaping the benefits of their hard work will love this company.
Not a good place for work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Modern slavery environment, dictator management CEO to the lower level lead. pay rate is very low, benefits just for a name, sounds good flying benefits, if you work tim horton you make more money and fly with conform ticket
Pros
Cons
Lots of
Love the atmosphere! Team is terrific!
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES REP (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 19, 2016
I love the fast pace, the contact with passengers and the amazing benefits. Anyone that works with the airline is not here for the money. Work schedules are not for the faint of heart!.
Pros
benefits are amazing
Cons
difficult work schedules
Customer Service
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Amazing working with a great team of motivated individuals. Air Canada is a phenomenal place to work as it provides its employees growth opportunities and a safe environment to work in.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
time away from my dogs
Fun to work with other.
Part-time Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
-Very busy/ Fast pace job
-I enjoy working with various air Canada employees
-Job is very well organize
-Hardest part about the job would be working on a cold climate (winter)
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Lifting heavy bags
Call center reservation agent
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  montreal, quebecSeptember 13, 2015
- Provide information on places of destination, hotels, foreign exchange, schedules of flights, modes of transport, accommodation and costs of packages.
- Advising clients on the choice of trips, packages, products and services offered make transportation and accommodation reservations
- Confirm reservations promote packages and other services offered by the Agency
- Participate in the selection of products or travel services adapted to the needs of the customer
- Knowledge products Canada, United States and Caribbean zones.
Pros
perks and travel benefits
Cons
not flexible
Typical giant coorperation
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2016
There was never a job I ever loved more then this one in my life, this was my true calling had I only started at a time in my life where I could afford low wages.

the compensation is really good as far as travel goes. union and medical benefits are as good as the government of Canada, and past probation job security is all but guaranteed.
I recommend this for young student who maybe picked the wrong thing in school and needs a good place to grow.

The staff I worked with was more then helpful and made me feel like a part of a family. I found pride and satisfaction doing my job every day. If the job could pay me more I probably would never have left

advancement is easy but you need to know, I was in the mix for a promotion before I finished probation, it is possible, most employees are over 20years experience not willing to leave the union.
Pros
90$ to tokiyo or delhi few times a year
Cons
your just a number to coorperate management
An friendly and active work environment, safe and maintained properly as per airport standardsf
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 14, 2016
Fast paced and a great work environment. Loud and high pressure and stressful situations. Working to get each flight out safely and on time. Everybody worked as a team and kept a positive attitude in high pressure situations which was most of the time. Dealing with the extreme weather, high winds and extremely cold temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was driving the loader to the aircraft, getting to use the heavy machinery and also the positive work environment. If anyone ever had a issue they would talk it out in a positive manner. Always left work with a smile.
Pros
Flight Benefits, Positive Environment
Cons
Extreme weather conditions
Fun co-workers
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2015
Good atmosphere among co-workers.
Company was very disorganized.
Salary and benefits are not competitive enough in this economy.
Salary too low.
Best co-workers I've ever work with
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  YYCSeptember 25, 2015
It is a great company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Also with many passengers
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Opportunity given to french speaking
great company to work for
Customer Service Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2015
great company to work for with excellent benefits. interaction with coworkers and the public allows satisfaction in customer service and helpfulness. Variety of work schedules also gives flexibility
support staff
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work, very helpful to get job done. Safety practices, by the book jobs done. Good benefits with the Company.
Pros
Free meals, work ethics and after work get together
Cons
Need more travel
Great company to work for
Flight Attendant / Service Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONJuly 28, 2016
The work as a flight attendant is very dynamic. The job can change on a dime and with that it can present challenges and opportunities. No day at work is the same as the previous day. One has to be very adaptable to cope with an ever changing environment.

It comes with many responsibilities, from safety of customers and peers to customer service. It is a fun and exciting job
Pros
Dynamic work environment
Cons
exposure to radiation and lack of oxygen at high altitudes
Being with Jazz has been a great experience.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 22, 2016
Jazz Accounts Payable is a very busy, structured company.

In a typical day I manually key in invoices, balance accounts, vendor reconciliations on the biggest vendors we have like Bombardier, Aviall, Acklands. We buy all aircraft, aircraft parts and misc. items from these vendors.

I have learned to be organized, a team player, and work with very minimal errors.

My co-workers are wonderful. I have worked with a few of them for over 26 years now.

The hardest part of my job is watching other co-workers being slack. This really bothers me as we all have the same workload and seeing them talking on their cell phones and such irk me.

I love data entry, interacting with internal and external customers.
Pros
cheap airfares
Customer Service Manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2016
Absolutely loved my position . But due to cutbacks and the company unwilling to accommodate my disability/ fibromyalgia I was packaged off . Also the Director for Western Canada was extremely unsupportive of me even though I was the most knowledgeable manager on base.

Loved my job, our customers and being our brand ! was a proud AC employee and will forever miss it
Pros
Working for Air Canada
Cons
hard shift hours
A company that does not value its employees
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova ScotiaApril 18, 2015
At a time when an employee experiences a work-related issue that victimizes him/her, management provides little if any support. Such a situation is traumatic enough to an employee, but with hardly any display of fairness or impartiality provided by any level of management leaves the employee feeling alone and threatened and with a much lowered work ethic and dedication to the company. The company is rife with "the old boys network" syndrome.
Pros
good flight benefits, problem solving, dynamic
Cons
a threatening, harassing and bullying environment
Fast pace work environment with great benefits.
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  YYZJuly 18, 2016
This job is not for the faint of heart. It is definitely a fast pace workplace with a lot of risks but it is very rewarding to be a part of such a large prestigious company. You receive great health benefits as well as flight benefits. It is very enjoyable working with different air crafts and the people you meet while working are very nice and friendly.
Big and traditional company
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 11, 2015
I love to have the experience of working at such a traditional Canadian company for summer time. It's been only good experiences so far.
Pros
flight benefits when effective employee
Cons
angry passengers and work on weekends and holidays
Entertainment place
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  40 Bay Street, Toronto. OnNovember 21, 2015
A typical day at work is cleaning throughout the Air Canada Center. First I vacuum and clean the VIP Suites, then cleaning the dressing room for players, followed by sweeping the court. After the event has finished I usually throw out the garbage. I learnt that timing is important, while also to make fans happy by cleaning the stadium and being professional. The management is always supporting us and encouraging us to do good, an example is giving us awards. They also give us accessories for the Raptors and Maple Leafs, while providing the necessities we need for work. The hardest part I have experienced is cleaning during crowded events. But my most enjoyable part of the job is listening to artists while they perform and celebrating with the fans when our team scores.
Pros
entertainment, nearby to my home
Cons
no benefit, too less hours