Air Canada Employee Reviews

Loyal and Compassionate workplace
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
To start a Typical work day was based on your bid position. Over the course of this summer i dealt with flights to the US and Canada.

We worked hard, we worked fast and we got the flights out even when we didn't have all the equipment for it. Some days we were short-handed so we had a larger workload, quite a few of the days we were payed for 30 extra minutes because they'd cut our lunch.

Air Canada is a union environment and it felt like the union always had your back, like and older brother or a best friend. Most everyone treats you like family over there. In a few words: Solidarity, Respect, and friendship.

The hardest part of the job for me was the training and extra work given to you over the online programs they had.

I most of all enjoyed the community, the responsibility, the hard work and the feeling of someone always being there for you.
I found as i worked at Air Canada a sense of place, meaning and purpose and now with out it i feel lost.
Pros
Full-time = Full benefits(Message, Orthotics, Dental, Flight benefits)
Cons
Equipment and manpower shortages
Productive and employee focused workplace
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
I have enjoyed my 34 years of working at Air Canada Toronto. There was always something new everyday with good opportunity for
movement to other positions and departments if one wished.
Pros
Contemporary and exciting on a daily basis
Cons
Shiftwork and confining seniority issues.
ok work invroment
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
always busy and under staffed in the Calgary airportfun to work when there was no snow or bad weather, under staffed and over worked
Pros
benefits are awesome for traveling
Cons
you work in bad weather conditions
Productable, Fast Paced work Environment
Lead Cabin Service Attendant (Acting) (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 January 2017
A day at work at Air Canada, could be both stressful and easy going. Depending on the weather things could go smoothly. It is a very fast paced company that gets tasks done on the second. The management team is efficient and works with employees to work towards the finish line. Co-workers turn into family, we see each other almost 6 days a week, you get to learn a little bit about every individual everyday. the Hardest part of the job would be, working in the weather, there will be times where it'll be -20 or +38. You have to be prepared for what ever the day is going to offer you. The most enjoyable part of the job would be, having everyone working as a team, woking fast and efficient is a key to a smoother day.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and staff
Cons
working in the weather conditions and long days
fun fast paced work experience
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON12 January 2017
the constant flow of passengers makes for an amazing experience. the communication between staff is great and allows for a successful travel experience for passengers. I learnt all lobby positions and its importance and enjoyed each and every one of them. The hardest part of the job would be having to sympathize with passengers that missed their flights because there is nothing that I personally could do. I enjoyed most being able to hep passengers check-in and be on their way in a timely manner because i knew they were happy with the speedy process.
Pros
gaining experience and knowledge of traveling
Cons
early hours
Amazing work place
Cabin Crew Member (Current Employee) –  toronto11 January 2017
excellent company to work for, where your treated as person not just another number.
Its the national carrier and when you work for AC you represent Canada.
you truly feel like a Canadian wearing the uniform with pride.
Pros
free flights
Cons
odd times of work
its ok for shift work job
Station Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON9 January 2017
Great place to work if you want great benefits and are ok with shift work. Fast pace environment where you can really climb the employment ladder.
Pros
cheap flights and great health benefits
Cons
shift work with crazy start times
Fun place to work for someone who loves to travel.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON30 December 2016
If you like to travel and love dealing with and meeting people from all over the world, this this the job for you.
Expect to not be home often and plan to be away for most holidays .
It can get very lonely at times, but you make allot of wonderful friends on the job.
Supportive Management and Room for Growth
Student Internship (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2016
Working for Air Canada for over a year has opened up a window of opportunity for myself as a young professional enetering into the work force. The exposure to their internal process has enriched both my work and university experience. The employees and management are all highly supportive and offer useful career advise.
Pros
Supportive staff, great work environment, good benefits
Cons
decisions are not made on a timely basis
Average employment
Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 December 2016
Average employers, no complaints or positive feedback. Managers are average and treats employees with respect. Pay is average and work condition is acceptable.
productive and interesting work ambiance
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 December 2016
Air Canada airport agents are ambassadors for the airline and represent an important component of our customer service equation. like working in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the world.
Pros
good benefits and hours
Cons
early and late shifts
Enjoy life balance
Cabin Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary16 December 2016
Good place to work with enjoying the perks . Opportunity is open to those are aggressive and ready for the challenge. Being part of the team is very much an honor.
Benefits
Cons
4 days on 4days off
Great Job
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2016
The job is great and so are the employees. There isn't much to complain about. The salary is rewarding and there is lots of opportunities for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting
meh
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
stay far far far away. Management is on a power trip and it is a dog eat dog environment based off of fear. The passes are unbelievable though
Productive and fun workplace
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  pearson airport1 December 2016
• Responsible for ensuring a smooth customer experience
• Suggested improvements for efficient working processes. The suggestions were later implemented.
• Quickly promoted to lead work with computer systems and manage loading operations
• Contributed to excellent on-time performance of flights
Productive and excellent work environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
Every day is different, that is what makes this job fun and exciting. You never stop learning, and you get to work and know different people every single day at work.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Fast pace environment
It's not for people like me
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2016
the job was draining because you do all the work most of the time and i had some back ache issues because of lifting super heavy dirty dishes bussing tables all the way through the other side, 'cause the lounge was pretty wide and sometimes you're just by yourself and at the end of the day it will just kill you.
Pros
we don't have any free lunch whatsoever
Cons
long hours bussing heavy dishes, no free lunch, not worth it
Great Opportunities, unconventional job!
Service Director, Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 November 2016
I am a Flight Attendant with Air Canada Rouge. For me, it's been an exciting journey and has been very rewarding. As a young person, I have been able to travel and visit over 30 countries this year alone. Flexible schedule, great co-workers and amazing destinations. Candidate selection and training was rigorous but well worth it. Joining AC Rouge at this time is wise as it is relatively new, and your seniority can grow very fast.

As a downside, the pay is not the greatest in the Winter seasons as the flying hours and the per diem amounts are low. It can also be quite tiring and straining on your health as the hours are all over the place. Passengers some times can be a handful.

Overall, if you'd like to experience the world through work (and through the benefits of flight passes), working for AC is definitely recommended. I love it!
Customer Service and Sale Representative
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
Work at a temp for Air Canada 30 to 40 hrs a week as a CSSR (bilingual customer service and sales)
A typical day at work would be: Serving 50 to 80 people and more during a 6 hour daily shift - guide them correctly in English or French towards their flights - take care of wheelchair people including blind customers - learned a great deal with security - safety at YYC airport - learning about different passports and nationalities - working well under pressure so no one will be late for their flights making sure they are on time - working well with co-workers - loved every minute of my job there were no hardest part.
Pros
bring your lunch
Cons
no cons for me
fun and positive work place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 October 2016
I absolutely love the work I do for this company. I have great benefits, especially while being a student as well. It's a job that is different every day, and it challenges me in every way.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
shift work