Air Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
An friendly and active work environment, safe and maintained properly as per airport standardsf
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 14, 2016
Pros: Flight Benefits, Positive Environment
Cons: Extreme weather conditions
Fast paced and a great work environment. Loud and high pressure and stressful situations. Working to get each flight out safely and on time. Everybody worked as a team and kept a positive attitude in high pressure situations which was most of the time. Dealing with the extreme weather, high winds and extremely cold temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was driving the loader to the aircraft, getting to use the heavy machinery and also the positive work environment. If anyone ever had a issue they would talk it out in a positive manner. Always left work with a smile.
Being with Jazz has been a great experience.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: cheap airfares
Jazz Accounts Payable is a very busy, structured company.

In a typical day I manually key in invoices, balance accounts, vendor reconciliations on the biggest vendors we have like Bombardier, Aviall, Acklands. We buy all aircraft, aircraft parts and misc. items from these vendors.

I have learned to be organized, a team player, and work with very minimal errors.

My co-workers are wonderful. I have worked with a few of them for over 26 years now.

The hardest part of my job is watching other co-workers being slack. This really bothers me as we all have the same workload and seeing them talking on their cell phones and such irk me.

I love data entry, interacting with internal and external customers.
Always loved Pearson Airport
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
As a Canadian Citizen I can personally say that working at the Airport is one of the best working experiences. Aside from the fact that my coworkers were excellent people, I was able to learn how to handle everyday people. The benefits and bonuses of working at an airport alone is amazing, and anyone who enjoys reaping the benefits of their hard work will love this company.
Station Attendant - Calgary
Station Attendant - Part Time (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Benefits and perks, easy to pick up shifts or trade shifts, lots of training, learning
Cons: less hours for part timers
Best place to work lots of down time, you learn a lot great benefits plus awesome flight benefits, easy to pick up shift or trade your own shift. you have to go through from tons of training.

It just pays less, Overall its a best company to work with.
Productive and fast paced work on aircraft
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Discounted travel (after 6 months), friendly co-workers
Cons: Odd hours, working holidays and little ability to fix schedule issues
A day at the airport usually starts with finding your crew lead and working flights assigned to your crew. This means bringing aircraft to gate and dispatching from gate. Ground service tasks include to off load baggage and on load new baggage to aircraft.Ensuring aircraft cabin is clean, removing gate and pushing aircraft out of gate are also tasks of this job. Coworkers are great to work with and encourage safe work.
Operations Security Centre
Operations Security Rep (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Awesome place to work, it was my first real office job and i got the training i needed and the people were amazing, staff lunches/suppers, Christmas parties, systems were very easy to work with. Only reason im not there anymore is because management changed when i left on Maternity leave and they gave away my seniority and i wasn't able to work nights at the time with a new born.
Productive and fun place as we also have a gym
Station Attendant (Current Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: A lot of down times
Cons: some heavy lifting required
1. Dispensing bags from international flights
2. Bags need to be dispensed as soon as possible as passengers have connecting flights
3. Management are helpful as they advice us what to do
4. They also help and make work enjoying
5. Doing shift works
6. Working with friends
fun, low pay job with great flight benefit
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Lots of training provided
Cons: extremely freezing in winter
lots of down times at work. Have to go through tons of training. Pay wage should be higher with today's living standard. Moving heavy bags from station to different station. It's a typical labor job for people who likes exercising.
Productive work, friendly coworkers, quiet atmosphere
Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2016
The office was generally quiet, easy to be productive and get work done. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful, and I enjoyed the working atmosphere. It was nice to have lunch outside in the courtyard, trees and shade to sit under, and a nice cafeteria indoors.
worked the ramp, Cargo agent, Baggage agent
baggage agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 31, 2015
working on the ramp as a station services attendant or working in Cargo, as cargo agent, then advancing to Baggage agent.
All aspects of handling inbound and out aircraft, operational needs of public, shipping or traveling with Air Canada.
Co-workers, worked as a team.
working in extreme cold temps.
A good but loud work environment.
Lowbrow
Manpower Resource Coordinator / Planner (Former Employee), Dorval, QCFebruary 18, 2016
Not a tough work environment but the ones at the mid level of management privilege only a certain ethnicity which is very incorrect behavior for a business. Huge lack of diversity that takes priority in promoting ones own which in turn prevents real talent from being recognized.
Great Summer Job
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Took the position as a summer job while I was in post-secondary school and absolutely loved it. Gave me the core foundations for my future career in aviations. However I will say that since my time at Air Canada I have not been able to rejoin the company that gave me my start and it almost feels like I've been blacklisted from ever trying to apply again.
Air Canada
CSA agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I would welcome passengers and assist them with the check-in procedures. I made numerous announcements on a PA system in regards to flight status and to communicate with passengers. I assisted passengers with boarding and de-boarding and printed flight plans for pilots
High stress - Micro Managment
Training Specialist - Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 26, 2015
Pros: Cheap travel
Cons: No rewards
Usually good employees and colleagues, but managers are not driven by the quality of there employees but only pleasing their immediate superior with record profits to the cost of their employees morale.

There is NO culture to keep talented employees
Love the atmosphere! Team is terrific!
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES REP (Current Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: benefits are amazing
Cons: difficult work schedules
I love the fast pace, the contact with passengers and the amazing benefits. Anyone that works with the airline is not here for the money. Work schedules are not for the faint of heart!.
Fun and welcoming workplace
Air Canada, Temporary Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Nice work environment
Cons: un-predictable shifts
Shifts were sporadic and sometimes difficult to manage.
But, the people who I worked with for this temporary assignment were very nice, welcoming and always around if I needed any help.
Not a good place for work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Lots of
Modern slavery environment, dictator management CEO to the lower level lead. pay rate is very low, benefits just for a name, sounds good flying benefits, if you work tim horton you make more money and fly with conform ticket
Entertainment place
House Keeping (Current Employee), 40 Bay Street, Toronto. OnNovember 21, 2015
Pros: entertainment, nearby to my home
Cons: no benefit, too less hours
A typical day at work is cleaning throughout the Air Canada Center. First I vacuum and clean the VIP Suites, then cleaning the dressing room for players, followed by sweeping the court. After the event has finished I usually throw out the garbage. I learnt that timing is important, while also to make fans happy by cleaning the stadium and being professional. The management is always supporting us and encouraging us to do good, an example is giving us awards. They also give us accessories for the Raptors and Maple Leafs, while providing the necessities we need for work. The hardest part I have experienced is cleaning during crowded events. But my most enjoyable part of the job is listening to artists while they perform and celebrating with the fans when our team scores.
Customer Service
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: amazing benefits
Cons: time away from my dogs
Amazing working with a great team of motivated individuals. Air Canada is a phenomenal place to work as it provides its employees growth opportunities and a safe environment to work in.
Great Place to learn
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: Get to travel
Cons: Winter time can cause travel issues
If you love to see people get excited about a family holiday or getting to see a family member visit someone they haven't seen for years its a great thing to witness.
Employees