Air Canada Employee Reviews

Not a good place for work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Modern slavery environment, dictator management CEO to the lower level lead. pay rate is very low, benefits just for a name, sounds good flying benefits, if you work tim horton you make more money and fly with conform ticket
Pros
Cons
Lots of
A day at the Airport
Bilingual Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2016
Working at the airport is not for everyone. It is a busy, stressful environment but also very rewarding in itself. The work atmosphere can be stressful but it is very unique because of all the different people you meet.
I learned how to manage my stress and how to thrive under a lot of pressure while working at the airport. The management is great and very understanding, and my co-workers were respectful, helpful and diverse.
The hardest part of the job was undoubtedly the stress that comes along with it, but the people that I met was what made me motivated to come to work everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Nice place to work, steady.
Will not provide (Current Employee) –  N/AFebruary 7, 2016
Good place with many pleasant coworkers.
Great flying benefits, lots of perks. However, salaries are lower than industry standards and a clique culture that is sometimes hard to break.
Typical giant coorperation
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2016
There was never a job I ever loved more then this one in my life, this was my true calling had I only started at a time in my life where I could afford low wages.

the compensation is really good as far as travel goes. union and medical benefits are as good as the government of Canada, and past probation job security is all but guaranteed.
I recommend this for young student who maybe picked the wrong thing in school and needs a good place to grow.

The staff I worked with was more then helpful and made me feel like a part of a family. I found pride and satisfaction doing my job every day. If the job could pay me more I probably would never have left

advancement is easy but you need to know, I was in the mix for a promotion before I finished probation, it is possible, most employees are over 20years experience not willing to leave the union.
Pros
90$ to tokiyo or delhi few times a year
Cons
your just a number to coorperate management
Station Attendant - Calgary
Station Attendant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
Best place to work lots of down time, you learn a lot great benefits plus awesome flight benefits, easy to pick up shift or trade your own shift. you have to go through from tons of training.

It just pays less, Overall its a best company to work with.
Pros
Benefits and perks, easy to pick up shifts or trade shifts, lots of training, learning
Cons
less hours for part timers
Great company to work for
Flight Attendant / Service Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONJuly 28, 2016
The work as a flight attendant is very dynamic. The job can change on a dime and with that it can present challenges and opportunities. No day at work is the same as the previous day. One has to be very adaptable to cope with an ever changing environment.

It comes with many responsibilities, from safety of customers and peers to customer service. It is a fun and exciting job
Pros
Dynamic work environment
Cons
exposure to radiation and lack of oxygen at high altitudes
An friendly and active work environment, safe and maintained properly as per airport standardsf
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 14, 2016
Fast paced and a great work environment. Loud and high pressure and stressful situations. Working to get each flight out safely and on time. Everybody worked as a team and kept a positive attitude in high pressure situations which was most of the time. Dealing with the extreme weather, high winds and extremely cold temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was driving the loader to the aircraft, getting to use the heavy machinery and also the positive work environment. If anyone ever had a issue they would talk it out in a positive manner. Always left work with a smile.
Pros
Flight Benefits, Positive Environment
Cons
Extreme weather conditions
Always loved Pearson Airport
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
As a Canadian Citizen I can personally say that working at the Airport is one of the best working experiences. Aside from the fact that my coworkers were excellent people, I was able to learn how to handle everyday people. The benefits and bonuses of working at an airport alone is amazing, and anyone who enjoys reaping the benefits of their hard work will love this company.
Management is not fair.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONAugust 18, 2016
They should stop hiring tons of people and let go of the experienced once.

They always hire new station attendants, and then they keep on cutting people because its either they fail the written exams that are non-sense at the first place. they base their employees ability through a piece of paper.
Pros
Great benefits if they let you pass your probation
Cons
They will cut you so easily if you're under probation
Great time
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2016
Everyone that works there, staff, management is fantastic to work with and allows for an enjoyable work atmosphere. Would definitely love to work for them again.
Great group of co-workers
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Working as a station attendant is one of the more unique jobs that I've had. First off the people are great, lots of fun and laughs to the point where at times it doesn't even feel like work. That being said, the work isn't for everyone. You have to work in the elements, rain, snow, hail, heat, cold, you name it. A big positive is the flexibility in your schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits
Cons
Weather
Operations Security Centre
Operations Security Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Awesome place to work, it was my first real office job and i got the training i needed and the people were amazing, staff lunches/suppers, Christmas parties, systems were very easy to work with. Only reason im not there anymore is because management changed when i left on Maternity leave and they gave away my seniority and i wasn't able to work nights at the time with a new born.
Safety and performance
Lead, Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 6, 2016
Pros- Solid efforts by company to promote employees who want to grow. Training and resources were by far best I have seen in any work place. A lot of very caring staff and willing to spend the money on fleet improvements and safety.. the most impressive follow through on Aviation safety in NA imho.

Cons- some unresolved union items in my time, including a short funded pension.
Fast pace work environment with great benefits.
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  YYZJuly 18, 2016
This job is not for the faint of heart. It is definitely a fast pace workplace with a lot of risks but it is very rewarding to be a part of such a large prestigious company. You receive great health benefits as well as flight benefits. It is very enjoyable working with different air crafts and the people you meet while working are very nice and friendly.
Entertainment place
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  40 Bay Street, Toronto. OnNovember 21, 2015
A typical day at work is cleaning throughout the Air Canada Center. First I vacuum and clean the VIP Suites, then cleaning the dressing room for players, followed by sweeping the court. After the event has finished I usually throw out the garbage. I learnt that timing is important, while also to make fans happy by cleaning the stadium and being professional. The management is always supporting us and encouraging us to do good, an example is giving us awards. They also give us accessories for the Raptors and Maple Leafs, while providing the necessities we need for work. The hardest part I have experienced is cleaning during crowded events. But my most enjoyable part of the job is listening to artists while they perform and celebrating with the fans when our team scores.
Pros
entertainment, nearby to my home
Cons
no benefit, too less hours
good job culture
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2015
good job culture, low job turn over, and employees are friendly to each other. it is a good environment to start up a career and rise in the company.
Pros
good job culture
Customer Service Manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2016
Absolutely loved my position . But due to cutbacks and the company unwilling to accommodate my disability/ fibromyalgia I was packaged off . Also the Director for Western Canada was extremely unsupportive of me even though I was the most knowledgeable manager on base.

Loved my job, our customers and being our brand ! was a proud AC employee and will forever miss it
Pros
Working for Air Canada
Cons
hard shift hours
Professional Environment
Flight Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TorontoJuly 7, 2016
Air Canada has given me the knowledge base to expand my skill set in other professional areas.I have learned how to manage my time, and now understand the importance of "internal customers". A typical day would include assisting students with their training, responding to emails and coordinating future training plans.
Productive and fun place as we also have a gym
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 9, 2016
1. Dispensing bags from international flights
2. Bags need to be dispensed as soon as possible as passengers have connecting flights
3. Management are helpful as they advice us what to do
4. They also help and make work enjoying
5. Doing shift works
6. Working with friends
Pros
A lot of down times
Cons
some heavy lifting required
Lowbrow
Manpower Resource Coordinator / Planner (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCFebruary 18, 2016
Not a tough work environment but the ones at the mid level of management privilege only a certain ethnicity which is very incorrect behavior for a business. Huge lack of diversity that takes priority in promoting ones own which in turn prevents real talent from being recognized.