Air Canada Employee Reviews

Exciting and quick work pace with lots to organize
Ramp agent SAS (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT17 February 2017
With air Canada i was the ramp agent, meaning I would bring the plane in unload its bags and reload with the new passengers bags. It was dangerous and very fast pace because the plane was on a timeline and it depended on us. It was a very well organized company and the whole management and my team were awesome. It was a never a dull moment. The benefits were great and i got a lot of experience with customer service and skills related to his job. Only downside is that you basically have to devote your time to this job because you have late flights and early flights etc.
Pros
Great pay and great people lots of hours
Cons
must be available 24/7 and hard on your back
Supportive Management and Room for Growth
Student Internship (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2016
Working for Air Canada for over a year has opened up a window of opportunity for myself as a young professional enetering into the work force. The exposure to their internal process has enriched both my work and university experience. The employees and management are all highly supportive and offer useful career advise.
Pros
Supportive staff, great work environment, good benefits
Cons
decisions are not made on a timely basis
Loyal and Compassionate workplace
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
To start a Typical work day was based on your bid position. Over the course of this summer i dealt with flights to the US and Canada.

We worked hard, we worked fast and we got the flights out even when we didn't have all the equipment for it. Some days we were short-handed so we had a larger workload, quite a few of the days we were payed for 30 extra minutes because they'd cut our lunch.

Air Canada is a union environment and it felt like the union always had your back, like and older brother or a best friend. Most everyone treats you like family over there. In a few words: Solidarity, Respect, and friendship.

The hardest part of the job for me was the training and extra work given to you over the online programs they had.

I most of all enjoyed the community, the responsibility, the hard work and the feeling of someone always being there for you.
I found as i worked at Air Canada a sense of place, meaning and purpose and now with out it i feel lost.
Pros
Full-time = Full benefits(Message, Orthotics, Dental, Flight benefits)
Cons
Equipment and manpower shortages
Great Opportunities, unconventional job!
Service Director, Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 November 2016
I am a Flight Attendant with Air Canada Rouge. For me, it's been an exciting journey and has been very rewarding. As a young person, I have been able to travel and visit over 30 countries this year alone. Flexible schedule, great co-workers and amazing destinations. Candidate selection and training was rigorous but well worth it. Joining AC Rouge at this time is wise as it is relatively new, and your seniority can grow very fast.

As a downside, the pay is not the greatest in the Winter seasons as the flying hours and the per diem amounts are low. It can also be quite tiring and straining on your health as the hours are all over the place. Passengers some times can be a handful.

Overall, if you'd like to experience the world through work (and through the benefits of flight passes), working for AC is definitely recommended. I love it!
A day at the Airport
Bilingual Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2016
Working at the airport is not for everyone. It is a busy, stressful environment but also very rewarding in itself. The work atmosphere can be stressful but it is very unique because of all the different people you meet.
I learned how to manage my stress and how to thrive under a lot of pressure while working at the airport. The management is great and very understanding, and my co-workers were respectful, helpful and diverse.
The hardest part of the job was undoubtedly the stress that comes along with it, but the people that I met was what made me motivated to come to work everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Great Company
Station Attendant Air Canada Cargo Toronto (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
It still operates basically like a crown corporation and offers many great benefits to its long standing employees.
The tough part is you will need to work irregular hours until you accumulate enough seniority to hold a regular time bid spot.
Overall it provides travel opportunities and great experience if that's what you are looking for.
Pros
Great medical/Dental benefits
Cons
Irregular hours
fun enviroment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2017
you need to be flexible to start either really early at 0330 or to stay late as 0300 am .
Busy environment , lots of standing ,walking , bending.
amazing benefits
Pros
Cheap Flights
Cons
productive and interesting work ambiance
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 December 2016
Air Canada airport agents are ambassadors for the airline and represent an important component of our customer service equation. like working in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the world.
Pros
good benefits and hours
Cons
early and late shifts
Great benefits but hard work
STATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON2 March 2017
Air Canada has great benefits but the work is hard and can be longer with unexpected over time hours. With no seniority you are pretty much screwed for time. Bid is whatever is left over.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Forced overtime
its ok for shift work job
Station Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON9 January 2017
Great place to work if you want great benefits and are ok with shift work. Fast pace environment where you can really climb the employment ladder.
Pros
cheap flights and great health benefits
Cons
shift work with crazy start times
Great Job
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2016
The job is great and so are the employees. There isn't much to complain about. The salary is rewarding and there is lots of opportunities for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting
ok work invroment
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
always busy and under staffed in the Calgary airportfun to work when there was no snow or bad weather, under staffed and over worked
Pros
benefits are awesome for traveling
Cons
you work in bad weather conditions
Enjoy life balance
Cabin Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary16 December 2016
Good place to work with enjoying the perks . Opportunity is open to those are aggressive and ready for the challenge. Being part of the team is very much an honor.
Benefits
Cons
4 days on 4days off
Amazing travel and health benefits
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
Loved working in the call centre environment.
Friendly employees made it fun to seek out answers to somewhat challenging questions.
Salary could be improved for the detail needed in work.
Management was ok.
Productive and excellent work environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
Every day is different, that is what makes this job fun and exciting. You never stop learning, and you get to work and know different people every single day at work.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Fast pace environment
Overal good place to work
DIRECTOR, SAFETY, SECURITY & ENVIRONMENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Air Canada has a long legacy, which works to its benefit and detriment all at the same time. Opportunity for advancement is limited, and often silo-ed making for a difficult organic growth process for someone's career.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Departmental Silos
Great group of co-workers
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON7 September 2016
Working as a station attendant is one of the more unique jobs that I've had. First off the people are great, lots of fun and laughs to the point where at times it doesn't even feel like work. That being said, the work isn't for everyone. You have to work in the elements, rain, snow, hail, heat, cold, you name it. A big positive is the flexibility in your schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits
Cons
Weather
fun and positive work place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 October 2016
I absolutely love the work I do for this company. I have great benefits, especially while being a student as well. It's a job that is different every day, and it challenges me in every way.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
shift work
Where to start?
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON16 October 2016
A lot of benefits to working with air canada rouge.
However work/life balance not worth all the time spent away from home. Not paid for all the hard work.
Air Canada line Maintenance
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 October 2016
Great place to work with great benefits and a good job culture. Every day is different with a new job to be done on a new aircraft type daily. Makes Air Canada a fun place to be working for.