Air Canada

Air Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learning Experience
Area Sales Manager, Atlantic Canada (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 26, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: No support
Involved extensive travel without much support from head office in Montreal.
Did not have co-workers as I was responsible for Atlantic Canada
The most challenging part of the job was not having any "hand on" support as I worked from my home office. Enjoyed developing a relationship with all the staff at each Travel Agency.
station Attendent
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 24, 2015
Pros: free lounch
Cons: low pay
First of all the training and test Is too difficult to pass. Even if you pass the test, they Will Work your butt off for minimum wage.
fun work place is all about when someone is retireing
air canada cargo agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: free coffee all day
Cons: overtime
typical days work is a very cold day when we overcome lots of simple problem i enjoy it you get lots of fun getting thru with the help of management and co workers the hardest part isgood comunication and our own simple skillsand the most enjoyable part is when we all done and sit and think about our entire day with so much working with each other
Poor workplace
Merchandising clerk (Former Employee), Montreal, QCApril 28, 2015
Boring and repetitive work. No real opportunity in terms of advancement. The management disregards your concerns without providing for needs and avoids any further contact. A huge lack of empathy in regards to needs of employee.
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2015
Pros: Hard work
Cons: Short breaks
Got along with my co-workers. The most enjoyable is getting paid.
A typical day would be cleaning out the inside of the airplane.
A company that does not value its employees
Concierge (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaApril 18, 2015
Pros: good flight benefits, problem solving, dynamic
Cons: a threatening, harassing and bullying environment
At a time when an employee experiences a work-related issue that victimizes him/her, management provides little if any support. Such a situation is traumatic enough to an employee, but with hardly any display of fairness or impartiality provided by any level of management leaves the employee feeling alone and threatened and with a much lowered work ethic and dedication to the company. The company is rife with "the old boys network" syndrome.
When In Doubt
Travel Consultant & Agent Help Desk (Former Employee), Montreal QCApril 12, 2015
Pros: Satisfaction of assisting coworkers
Cons: some people are more visual when it comes to explaining
After a year of working for Air Canada's inbound customer and sales dept, i was fortunate to be part of the Agent Help Desk. I had a great dept of knowledge of the company's policies and procedures. We guided coworkers who would call our line for guidance. The help desk also managed corporate files of major companies who flew with us, their credits, flight history and revenue.
Its a hard job
STATION ATTENDANT ( Trainee) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
The job requires heavy lifting, good camaraderie with employees. I learned to drive inside the airport, airport layout, baggage handling and plane service upon their arrival.
excelente service
Barmaid at International maple leaf lounge (Former Employee), Dorval, QCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: Compass company management
Geat services at International maple leaf lounge, that I was bartending for 8 moths, air Canada give the best of the best, I kept my Vip clients always happy.
Excellente place to work
Data Controller/ Administration (Former Employee), YVRMarch 10, 2015
Good team players. Very good environment. Like the employees for good relationships and great communication. My job was very interesting because no days were the same.
Stable company
Station Attendant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 5, 2015
Excellent working environment especially in Montreal, Stable Company and job Culture.
The salary is not high, but the company has very good benefits
Excellent
Bilingual Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: work schedule met personal times
Cons: break hours were excellent.
Assisting passengers Check in at Kiosk with printing of Boarding Pass and Baggage tags. Standby for flights. Upgrade to preferred seating. Up-sell to Business Class. Paying excess Baggage Fees at Kiosk and upgrades.
Assisting Wheelchair passengers with Check in assistance and signing up for Wheelchair at SPAT Lobby.
Lobby assistance at Priority Check in Aisle One and Aisle 7.
Directing passengers arriving form Domestic or International to Transborder flights/gates.
Baggage Drop Check in and issuing tags for infant/Baby stroller and Gated or Standby Passengers.
Directing passengers to Ticket desk for miss-connections or who could have missed their flights for re-booking.to next available flights.
Informing passengers of Boarding times and Zonal Boarding at the gate.
Informing Lead or Managers when shortfall arises and need for extra staff.
Overall Experience - Very Good and looking forward to become a Full Time employee soon.
Check in Led, Managers on Duty and Manager Operations were very supportive during work or off work. Have full confidence and did get wonderful support from Check in staff or any AC staff whilst on duty..
Overall nice workplace.
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee), Pearson Airport,Toronto,CanadaFebruary 18, 2015
The job is good. The work environment is friendly and stress-free. The co. takes due care of its employees' wellbeing. The co-workers are nice to work with. Overall it is a job to crave for.
Totally different
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Love my job as a flight attendant but they also need to concentrate on their employees and stop cutting down if they want to serve their customers that bring the money in. happy customers makes the company grow.
no syndicate
Technical Data (Administrator) Controller (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 12, 2015
i was syndicated but when i need them they didn't do any thing for me ..they were taking only 150 monthly from me---------------------------------------------------------------------------
very productive place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), CalgaryFebruary 4, 2015
Atco travel was a very nice place to work, making travel reservation for corporate travel, unfortunately they had to close the office.
Good Experience, Fast Paced
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Over-all the experience was good. There is a lot of innovation going on. Its a company where there is a significant effort to modernize the way it operates and there are plenty of good opportunities to learn.

The perks aren't bad either.

Best of luck.
Overall
Station Attendant-Cargo and Pax (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Cons: n/a
Extermly good atmosphere , good Managment,, Great hours and overtime, you can manage your own schedule. Fly to great destinations and meet a variety of skilled and pleasent co-workers and passengers.
Fantastic Job Opportunity
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2014
Through this job I have gotten to travel the world, interact with people from all stages of life, observe different cultures and grow as a person. I am usually on call and therefore do not have much stability. My schedule varies greatly from month to month and I can get called with as little as 2.5hrs notice, which is the hardest part of the job. I have however enjoyed working with such compassionate and diverse people and I have enjoyed being kept on my toes constantly awaiting my next adventure.
Great Company
In-Flight Service Director (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2014
Great hours and overtime, you can manage your own schedule. Fly to great destinations and meet a variety of skilled and pleasent co-workers and passengers. Flying in the summer is better for perdiem, with many layovers. Hardest part is staying out of company drama and you feel like your always walking on egg shells. Make sure you don't book yourself on too much as your health and mental stress can get overwhelming fast!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Air Canada

Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air – Read more