Air Canada Employee Reviews

Lead Cabin Environment Quality (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2017
Friendly coworkers, Managers are only helpful sometimes but nonetheless will try their best to help. Need a larger management team and stronger unity.
not bad
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2017
It is the first place in Canada where i started my work.As it is my first job, so i don't know it is good or bad.but overall it is average because they provide us full safety.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Very cold
One of the last places you can still get a pension
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON23 June 2017
It's a good place to work if you are young and are looking for a career because their are all kinds of things you can do so long as you can stay long enough to get enough seniority to be able to pick and choose the areas you like to work in plus long term the salary is very good for what you have to do.
Pros
Pension, Benefits
Cons
Can be reassigned everyday
Alright
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 June 2017
Good job in general but a lot of work and time demanding even for employees who are temporary and work part time. Temps do not get benefits but receive good salary.
Pros
fun
Getting better every day
VP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
The current leadership is driving change and AC is no longer the crown corporation it once was. Great for customers and employees. Change is never easy - so don't expect easy.
Amazing
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 June 2017
I work for Air Canada as a flight attendant, and I LOVE it!!! There isn't anything else i could ever think of choosing a career. I have lots of days off would love to find a part time serving or bartending job.
Poor Management
Customer Service Manager - Airports (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 June 2017
This company only has flight benefits going for them, a large network of international airlines. The leadership group are poorly trained (if at all) and do not know how to interact or engage with employees in a professional or productive manner. Neanderthal management techniques and managing by intimidation are the only way they know. If you are looking for a union role, perhaps you may find an improvement since you would be protected by the union. If you are seeking a 'Management' role, have thick skin and perhaps you can improve the poor working conditions for the leadership team. Bullying is typical and an acceptable way of handling day to day operations.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Work life balance / Poor Management
productive and a fun place to work with a lot of responsibilities.
Lead Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2017
air canada is one of the best places to work, i work as a flight operation lean, in other word lead station attendant. i am in charge of daily operations of inbound and outbound flights. In other word, when an aircraft arrives to the gate, i marshall it in and preform the offload operations. For the Outbound flights, we are required to follow weight and balance sheet also known as load sheet and load the aircraft according to the load sheet in a timely manner. This is a time sensitive operation, and on time performance is very important for this job. Its very rewarding knowing i am responsible for the safety of the passengers and I get the job done right.
Pros
lots of break time. once the flight is done, we get our break till the next flight.
Cons
must work outdoor in any weather conditions
Great company
Sponsorship Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 June 2017
Treats employees well company has been going in the right direction for a few years now changing old culture and focusing on international expansion with a view to become a global hub
fun at work , learn new things, enhanced skills
Cloud Computing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 June 2017
fun at work , learn new things, enhanced skills. friendly environment.

very helpful clients , customers. i learned and enhanced my underpressure skill
Technicien en avionique.
Chef d'équipe et technicien en avionique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2017
Très bon avantages et avancement. Salaire très intéressant, technologie à la fine pointe. Excellent équipement.
Pros
Technologie des appareils très intéressante.
Cons
Aucun.
Great job for young unattached person who wants to travel the world for cheap
Lead Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 May 2017
Shift work, airports are always open so no stat days off, shifts based on seniority so junior people get the worst shifts, management only care about on time departures regardless of staffing levels, weather, unforeseen circumstances.
Pros
Great benefits package including discounted flights, ability to trade shifts to get time off, fellow employees become family
Cons
No chance for advancement, shift work so no work life balance, airports are open 24/7 365 so no stat days off, all shifts bid on based on seniority so no chance of getting good shifts for years
fun place to work
Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC25 May 2017
excellent place to work, fun environment, enjoyed providing customer support to internal and external customers, enjoyed building relationships with suppliers and vendors
Excellent company to work with
Groups Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 May 2017
I am very pleased to be part of the Air Canada Vacations Team, they offer a great work environment, my Supervisors and colleagues are excellent, we work as a team player and I recognized that the Management treats well their employees.

All benefits and travel perks are also a motivations to continue working with the company.
Great perks, poor salary, poor managment, no room for advancement
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2017
Great place to work if you like to travel. NOT a good place to work if you are looking for full time employment. The company is about the company, you the "employee" are just a number. If they need you at that time great, if they don't need you after you have made great sacrifices to shine...you get a lay-off. They hire part timers just to lay them off a little while later. This is a great job if you enjoy...having 2 or 3 part time jobs, lifting heavy/over loaded luggage, NEVER getting a pat on the back or hearing the term "good job", working with the always present lay-off at any moment, getting paid less than your fuel bill to get to work, the best they can do for you is throw you a coffee card now and then.
Pros
flight costs
Cons
EVERYTHING else
good job
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2017
I liked it very much, it a was very good experience. I would to work there again if the opportunity. So call me if there are every hiring again, and so on so forth
Pros
airport
Cons
airport
Air Canada
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2017
I am working in Disability Management office. I learned lots about this job. All the systems Air Canada use for financial. I love working with the team. Good team work and good management. Most enjoyable of the job is that i learn every day something new.
very hard working workplace
unionized job (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
it is a very hard working company
vacation days starts with 2weeks, after5yr you get 3 weeks, , after 15yr 4weeks vacation
it is very bad with sick days if you're unionized. it depends of the union but you can be sick with pay only 3 times in an year and a half
Pros
some flight benefits
Cons
Low wages, high pressure, high expectations
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON2 May 2017
Salary and benefits should be separated for this review. Yes benefits are good but when you start at $14 hour you end up taking home around $10/hr due to deductions. One cannot live on this wage alone, flights are very cheap although they come with the risk of getting bumped,as you are always stand-by, and it happens often. I have been forced to buy full fee return tickets with a different airline on more than one occasion just to get home. Travel is a great benefit..that is if you are able to save any money to fly and stay somewhere.
The expectations from the company would equal that of one in a mid/high ranking job in which you would be properly compensated.
There is a separation between the previously hired staff (from years ago) and the newer staff. It could be due to the fact that they make approx double what the newer employees make and do the exact same job.
With the overselling of flights, cancellation of flights, tight timelines to close flights and then see another off, there is a constant buzz of stress and negativity from both passengers and employees.
I do like my job and in general the people I work with but I would not be able to ever consider this as a career job because the expectations vs the compensation is unrealistic to be able to live a fruitful life and the stress that comes along with the job as well as the high expectations are not worth the insufficient salary.
There is no room for advancement either, you get your .50/hr raise every year and that is that. If you switch positions you risk not being a part of the union.
It's a shame but
  more... the company just is not what it used to be. I have family members that worked here in the past and have great things to say. They stared off at a much higher wage then..even when cost of living was more reasonable than is is now.  less
Pros
benefits, cheap flights, co-workers (majority of)
Cons
low wage, low morale, high expectations, stress due to overselling of flights
Awesome work experience
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON29 April 2017
We get to wake up in one part of the worl go to work in a different office space with different people everytime and land in another part of the world. Meanwhile we meet great and interesting people on board.
Pros
travelling
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.