Air Canada Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work with
Groups Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 May 2017
I am very pleased to be part of the Air Canada Vacations Team, they offer a great work environment, my Supervisors and colleagues are excellent, we work as a team player and I recognized that the Management treats well their employees.

All benefits and travel perks are also a motivations to continue working with the company.
Great perks, poor salary, poor managment, no room for advancement
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2017
Great place to work if you like to travel. NOT a good place to work if you are looking for full time employment. The company is about the company, you the "employee" are just a number. If they need you at that time great, if they don't need you after you have made great sacrifices to shine...you get a lay-off. They hire part timers just to lay them off a little while later. This is a great job if you enjoy...having 2 or 3 part time jobs, lifting heavy/over loaded luggage, NEVER getting a pat on the back or hearing the term "good job", working with the always present lay-off at any moment, getting paid less than your fuel bill to get to work, the best they can do for you is throw you a coffee card now and then.
Pros
flight costs
Cons
EVERYTHING else
good job
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2017
I liked it very much, it a was very good experience. I would to work there again if the opportunity. So call me if there are every hiring again, and so on so forth
Pros
airport
Cons
airport
Air Canada
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2017
I am working in Disability Management office. I learned lots about this job. All the systems Air Canada use for financial. I love working with the team. Good team work and good management. Most enjoyable of the job is that i learn every day something new.
very hard working workplace
unionized job (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
it is a very hard working company
vacation days starts with 2weeks, after5yr you get 3 weeks, , after 15yr 4weeks vacation
it is very bad with sick days if you're unionized. it depends of the union but you can be sick with pay only 3 times in an year and a half
Pros
some flight benefits
Cons
Low wages, high pressure, high expectations
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON2 May 2017
Salary and benefits should be separated for this review. Yes benefits are good but when you start at $14 hour you end up taking home around $10/hr due to deductions. One cannot live on this wage alone, flights are very cheap although they come with the risk of getting bumped,as you are always stand-by, and it happens often. I have been forced to buy full fee return tickets with a different airline on more than one occasion just to get home. Travel is a great benefit..that is if you are able to save any money to fly and stay somewhere.
The expectations from the company would equal that of one in a mid/high ranking job in which you would be properly compensated.
There is a separation between the previously hired staff (from years ago) and the newer staff. It could be due to the fact that they make approx double what the newer employees make and do the exact same job.
With the overselling of flights, cancellation of flights, tight timelines to close flights and then see another off, there is a constant buzz of stress and negativity from both passengers and employees.
I do like my job and in general the people I work with but I would not be able to ever consider this as a career job because the expectations vs the compensation is unrealistic to be able to live a fruitful life and the stress that comes along with the job as well as the high expectations are not worth the insufficient salary.
There is no room for advancement either, you get your .50/hr raise every year and that is that. If you switch positions you risk not being a part of the union.
It's a shame but
  more... the company just is not what it used to be. I have family members that worked here in the past and have great things to say. They stared off at a much higher wage then..even when cost of living was more reasonable than is is now.  less
Pros
benefits, cheap flights, co-workers (majority of)
Cons
low wage, low morale, high expectations, stress due to overselling of flights
Awesome work experience
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON29 April 2017
We get to wake up in one part of the worl go to work in a different office space with different people everytime and land in another part of the world. Meanwhile we meet great and interesting people on board.
Pros
travelling
Great
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
Great Company, learned a lot as a BA. Established great contacts in a healthy and nurturing environment. Generated sales and product allure for the company resulting in my overall success with them.
Great workplace, but very selective in their candidates
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC27 April 2017
Would love to work there permanently, but was not given the possibility after my temp contract expired. Had no benefits. But pay was better than most other airlines companies in the entry level position
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Some managers are not very organized and it could take 5 or more hours to get a break, even though there were enough replacements on the floor.
yes i am agery
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 April 2017
My review is hotel jobs as a kitchen assistant and kitchen helper i requried this jobs and i also thanksfully your company then your company give me this job thanku !
good benefits
Revenue Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2017
Good benefits and travel privileges. High expectations with sometimes unrealistic objectives. Good educational programs to maximise knowledge. Fun work atmosphere.
busy environment
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  terminal 1 pearson airport21 April 2017
loud , busy,
open 24/7
working outside
meet diff people everyday
some days work can be light but sometimes theres too much pressure
different manager everyday depending where your assignment is..
Pros
cheap business class flights
Cons
24/7 schedule
Great Place to Work
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2017
Air Canada is a great company to work at. It is recently ranked the Best Airline in North America. By working at Air Canada, I learned to be more reliable,highly adaptable, and i enjoy tackling various tasks in a team environment. As a team, we handle the baggage or freight, or operating complex loading equipment, we as Station Attendant play a key role in ensuing that the aircraft's are ready for a secure and on-time departure.
Pros
Free coffees, vouchers on holidays, time managment, unionized
Cons
Long hours, extremely strict about time for plane departures
Best Internship Ever
Paralegal Intern (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC18 April 2017
I had my internship at Air Canada as a Paralegal Intern, and all I can say is that I learned a lot while I was there and everyone is super nice. Helpful, funny, it was a very good environment to work in.
productive great atmosphere
Agent de réservation pour Vacances (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2017
Answer incoming calls and assist travel agents as well as direct consumers with any issues they may have. Solving problems passengers have before traveling or during their stay at destination. Modify bookings depending on what the clients need.
Communicate with the correct departments to provide the best customer service.
Hardest part of the job is having to provide excellent customer service when the computer system creates problems.
The enjoyable part of the job is ending a call with a happy client.
Pros
office location
Cons
irregular shifts
i like verry much working there.
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 April 2017
Promote the services of Air Canada Vacations to travel agencies
• Provide accurate details of the reservation information and products to the travel agents
• Maintain current and accurate product knowledge, booking procedures and policies
• Provide and maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism through telephone, email,
and personal contacts
• Operate in Ocean system.
offers great opportunity
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
different everyday. never dull. get to explore new places and people every day. hardest part is scheduling. especially as a new recruit, you don't have much say as to what will happen to you. and thats putting it lightlty.
Station ATD
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 April 2017
Exciting place to work as you get to reap the benefits of free travel. The money is not that great but being able to fly across the world for peanuts, is a huge perk.
Challenging
Fare Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC29 March 2017
Challenging work environment with many projects happening at once.
Benefits are an added bonus.

The quantity of competition makes for interesting and challenging days.
Pros
Flights
Cons
Salary
advancement continues to be on who you know
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2017
Air Canada- (airports) continues to have persons who are tied to the current regional managers advance while hard work and dedication is secondary. Who you know is still the modis operandi.
Pros
flight passes and pension
Cons
politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval