Air Canada Employee Reviews

fun fast paced work experience
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON12 January 2017
the constant flow of passengers makes for an amazing experience. the communication between staff is great and allows for a successful travel experience for passengers. I learnt all lobby positions and its importance and enjoyed each and every one of them. The hardest part of the job would be having to sympathize with passengers that missed their flights because there is nothing that I personally could do. I enjoyed most being able to hep passengers check-in and be on their way in a timely manner because i knew they were happy with the speedy process.
Pros
gaining experience and knowledge of traveling
Cons
early hours
Supportive Management and Room for Growth
Student Internship (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2016
Working for Air Canada for over a year has opened up a window of opportunity for myself as a young professional enetering into the work force. The exposure to their internal process has enriched both my work and university experience. The employees and management are all highly supportive and offer useful career advise.
Pros
Supportive staff, great work environment, good benefits
Cons
decisions are not made on a timely basis
Customer Service and Sale Representative
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
Work at a temp for Air Canada 30 to 40 hrs a week as a CSSR (bilingual customer service and sales)
A typical day at work would be: Serving 50 to 80 people and more during a 6 hour daily shift - guide them correctly in English or French towards their flights - take care of wheelchair people including blind customers - learned a great deal with security - safety at YYC airport - learning about different passports and nationalities - working well under pressure so no one will be late for their flights making sure they are on time - working well with co-workers - loved every minute of my job there were no hardest part.
Pros
bring your lunch
Cons
no cons for me
It's not for people like me
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2016
the job was draining because you do all the work most of the time and i had some back ache issues because of lifting super heavy dirty dishes bussing tables all the way through the other side, 'cause the lounge was pretty wide and sometimes you're just by yourself and at the end of the day it will just kill you.
Pros
we don't have any free lunch whatsoever
Cons
long hours bussing heavy dishes, no free lunch, not worth it
Productable, Fast Paced work Environment
Lead Cabin Service Attendant (Acting) (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 January 2017
A day at work at Air Canada, could be both stressful and easy going. Depending on the weather things could go smoothly. It is a very fast paced company that gets tasks done on the second. The management team is efficient and works with employees to work towards the finish line. Co-workers turn into family, we see each other almost 6 days a week, you get to learn a little bit about every individual everyday. the Hardest part of the job would be, working in the weather, there will be times where it'll be -20 or +38. You have to be prepared for what ever the day is going to offer you. The most enjoyable part of the job would be, having everyone working as a team, woking fast and efficient is a key to a smoother day.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and staff
Cons
working in the weather conditions and long days
very organized company
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 October 2016
Everyday, when I get into the office, I check the office email and internal database, make sure my director has the updated information. Also I have to manage all the profiles and invoices and help working on the income statement and balance sheet. The hardest part of the job is that the work is intense and I have to review my accounting knowledge. I like the working environment in Air Canada Montreal and what I have learned from my director is that as a accounting clerk you have to be very patient and careful. Finally, I think Montreal is a really beautiful city and I enjoy the moment when I driving across the city towards my office.
productive and interesting work ambiance
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 December 2016
Air Canada airport agents are ambassadors for the airline and represent an important component of our customer service equation. like working in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the world.
Pros
good benefits and hours
Cons
early and late shifts
A day at the Airport
Bilingual Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2016
Working at the airport is not for everyone. It is a busy, stressful environment but also very rewarding in itself. The work atmosphere can be stressful but it is very unique because of all the different people you meet.
I learned how to manage my stress and how to thrive under a lot of pressure while working at the airport. The management is great and very understanding, and my co-workers were respectful, helpful and diverse.
The hardest part of the job was undoubtedly the stress that comes along with it, but the people that I met was what made me motivated to come to work everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and employee focused workplace
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
I have enjoyed my 34 years of working at Air Canada Toronto. There was always something new everyday with good opportunity for
movement to other positions and departments if one wished.
Pros
Contemporary and exciting on a daily basis
Cons
Shiftwork and confining seniority issues.
Productive and fun workplace
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  pearson airport1 December 2016
• Responsible for ensuring a smooth customer experience
• Suggested improvements for efficient working processes. The suggestions were later implemented.
• Quickly promoted to lead work with computer systems and manage loading operations
• Contributed to excellent on-time performance of flights
Great Opportunities, unconventional job!
Service Director, Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 November 2016
I am a Flight Attendant with Air Canada Rouge. For me, it's been an exciting journey and has been very rewarding. As a young person, I have been able to travel and visit over 30 countries this year alone. Flexible schedule, great co-workers and amazing destinations. Candidate selection and training was rigorous but well worth it. Joining AC Rouge at this time is wise as it is relatively new, and your seniority can grow very fast.

As a downside, the pay is not the greatest in the Winter seasons as the flying hours and the per diem amounts are low. It can also be quite tiring and straining on your health as the hours are all over the place. Passengers some times can be a handful.

Overall, if you'd like to experience the world through work (and through the benefits of flight passes), working for AC is definitely recommended. I love it!
Great coworkers, work changes daily. Very interesting.
Executive support analyst (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC24 October 2016
I am proud of my work at Air Canada. I completed all tasks an projects required over my time there. Being an airline, one must be prepared to travel for work regularly. Air Canada is a fast paced dynamic company. One must be able to thing on the fly a lot of the time.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long Hours
Great group of co-workers
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON7 September 2016
Working as a station attendant is one of the more unique jobs that I've had. First off the people are great, lots of fun and laughs to the point where at times it doesn't even feel like work. That being said, the work isn't for everyone. You have to work in the elements, rain, snow, hail, heat, cold, you name it. A big positive is the flexibility in your schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits
Cons
Weather
Fun place to work for someone who loves to travel.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON30 December 2016
If you like to travel and love dealing with and meeting people from all over the world, this this the job for you.
Expect to not be home often and plan to be away for most holidays .
It can get very lonely at times, but you make allot of wonderful friends on the job.
Safety and performance
Lead, Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2016
Pros- Solid efforts by company to promote employees who want to grow. Training and resources were by far best I have seen in any work place. A lot of very caring staff and willing to spend the money on fleet improvements and safety.. the most impressive follow through on Aviation safety in NA imho.

Cons- some unresolved union items in my time, including a short funded pension.
Management is not fair.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 August 2016
They should stop hiring tons of people and let go of the experienced once.

They always hire new station attendants, and then they keep on cutting people because its either they fail the written exams that are non-sense at the first place. they base their employees ability through a piece of paper.
Pros
Great benefits if they let you pass your probation
Cons
They will cut you so easily if you're under probation
Amazing work place
Cabin Crew Member (Current Employee) –  toronto11 January 2017
excellent company to work for, where your treated as person not just another number.
Its the national carrier and when you work for AC you represent Canada.
you truly feel like a Canadian wearing the uniform with pride.
Pros
free flights
Cons
odd times of work
Great company to work for
Flight Attendant / Service Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON28 July 2016
The work as a flight attendant is very dynamic. The job can change on a dime and with that it can present challenges and opportunities. No day at work is the same as the previous day. One has to be very adaptable to cope with an ever changing environment.

It comes with many responsibilities, from safety of customers and peers to customer service. It is a fun and exciting job
Pros
Dynamic work environment
Cons
exposure to radiation and lack of oxygen at high altitudes
its ok for shift work job
Station Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON9 January 2017
Great place to work if you want great benefits and are ok with shift work. Fast pace environment where you can really climb the employment ladder.
Pros
cheap flights and great health benefits
Cons
shift work with crazy start times
Overal good place to work
DIRECTOR, SAFETY, SECURITY & ENVIRONMENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Air Canada has a long legacy, which works to its benefit and detriment all at the same time. Opportunity for advancement is limited, and often silo-ed making for a difficult organic growth process for someone's career.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Departmental Silos