Air Canada Employee Reviews

Exciting and quick work pace with lots to organize
Ramp agent SAS (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT17 February 2017
With air Canada i was the ramp agent, meaning I would bring the plane in unload its bags and reload with the new passengers bags. It was dangerous and very fast pace because the plane was on a timeline and it depended on us. It was a very well organized company and the whole management and my team were awesome. It was a never a dull moment. The benefits were great and i got a lot of experience with customer service and skills related to his job. Only downside is that you basically have to devote your time to this job because you have late flights and early flights etc.
Pros
Great pay and great people lots of hours
Cons
must be available 24/7 and hard on your back
Benefits good and for unskilled wage is good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 January 2017
Like anywhere, there are frustrations with management. Keep your expectations low, follow the rules, follow SOP, work safely, enjoy making new friends.
The most enjoyable part would be all the coworkers. Management depends on whom you were dealing with as far as support. Upper management make way too much money and as an employee you can feel very insignificant and undervalued at contract time!
The worst part and the best part of the job are the same...the Passengers...they can be so difficult and mean while there are those gems that are appreciative and kind.
Pros
Air travel discounts
Cons
Angry customers
fun fast paced work experience
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON12 January 2017
the constant flow of passengers makes for an amazing experience. the communication between staff is great and allows for a successful travel experience for passengers. I learnt all lobby positions and its importance and enjoyed each and every one of them. The hardest part of the job would be having to sympathize with passengers that missed their flights because there is nothing that I personally could do. I enjoyed most being able to hep passengers check-in and be on their way in a timely manner because i knew they were happy with the speedy process.
Pros
gaining experience and knowledge of traveling
Cons
early hours
Supportive Management and Room for Growth
Student Internship (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2016
Working for Air Canada for over a year has opened up a window of opportunity for myself as a young professional enetering into the work force. The exposure to their internal process has enriched both my work and university experience. The employees and management are all highly supportive and offer useful career advise.
Pros
Supportive staff, great work environment, good benefits
Cons
decisions are not made on a timely basis
Great Company
Station Attendant Air Canada Cargo Toronto (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
It still operates basically like a crown corporation and offers many great benefits to its long standing employees.
The tough part is you will need to work irregular hours until you accumulate enough seniority to hold a regular time bid spot.
Overall it provides travel opportunities and great experience if that's what you are looking for.
Pros
Great medical/Dental benefits
Cons
Irregular hours
Productable, Fast Paced work Environment
Lead Cabin Service Attendant (Acting) (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 January 2017
A day at work at Air Canada, could be both stressful and easy going. Depending on the weather things could go smoothly. It is a very fast paced company that gets tasks done on the second. The management team is efficient and works with employees to work towards the finish line. Co-workers turn into family, we see each other almost 6 days a week, you get to learn a little bit about every individual everyday. the Hardest part of the job would be, working in the weather, there will be times where it'll be -20 or +38. You have to be prepared for what ever the day is going to offer you. The most enjoyable part of the job would be, having everyone working as a team, woking fast and efficient is a key to a smoother day.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and staff
Cons
working in the weather conditions and long days
Customer Service and Sale Representative
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
Work at a temp for Air Canada 30 to 40 hrs a week as a CSSR (bilingual customer service and sales)
A typical day at work would be: Serving 50 to 80 people and more during a 6 hour daily shift - guide them correctly in English or French towards their flights - take care of wheelchair people including blind customers - learned a great deal with security - safety at YYC airport - learning about different passports and nationalities - working well under pressure so no one will be late for their flights making sure they are on time - working well with co-workers - loved every minute of my job there were no hardest part.
Pros
bring your lunch
Cons
no cons for me
It's not for people like me
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2016
the job was draining because you do all the work most of the time and i had some back ache issues because of lifting super heavy dirty dishes bussing tables all the way through the other side, 'cause the lounge was pretty wide and sometimes you're just by yourself and at the end of the day it will just kill you.
Pros
we don't have any free lunch whatsoever
Cons
long hours bussing heavy dishes, no free lunch, not worth it
Unionized employee
Lead Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2017
I worked as a unionized employee and as a manager at Air Canada. Working almost 15 years as a unionized team leader, I always put the safety on my team, the companies assets and the passengers as my first priority. I was always proactive and did my best to solve any issues at the lowest level possible.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Accountability
A Unionized Environment
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2017
Air Canada remains the flagship company of the maple leaf country. It is an amazing place to work that opens your eyes to a whole new world of customer centricity.

Its Unionized but can be mind opening
Pros
Solving peoples daily travel issues can be liberating and educating.
Cons
They pay isnt too fantastic
productive and interesting work ambiance
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 December 2016
Air Canada airport agents are ambassadors for the airline and represent an important component of our customer service equation. like working in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the world.
Pros
good benefits and hours
Cons
early and late shifts
Productive and employee focused workplace
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
I have enjoyed my 34 years of working at Air Canada Toronto. There was always something new everyday with good opportunity for
movement to other positions and departments if one wished.
Pros
Contemporary and exciting on a daily basis
Cons
Shiftwork and confining seniority issues.
very organized company
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 October 2016
Everyday, when I get into the office, I check the office email and internal database, make sure my director has the updated information. Also I have to manage all the profiles and invoices and help working on the income statement and balance sheet. The hardest part of the job is that the work is intense and I have to review my accounting knowledge. I like the working environment in Air Canada Montreal and what I have learned from my director is that as a accounting clerk you have to be very patient and careful. Finally, I think Montreal is a really beautiful city and I enjoy the moment when I driving across the city towards my office.
Great Opportunities, unconventional job!
Service Director, Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 November 2016
I am a Flight Attendant with Air Canada Rouge. For me, it's been an exciting journey and has been very rewarding. As a young person, I have been able to travel and visit over 30 countries this year alone. Flexible schedule, great co-workers and amazing destinations. Candidate selection and training was rigorous but well worth it. Joining AC Rouge at this time is wise as it is relatively new, and your seniority can grow very fast.

As a downside, the pay is not the greatest in the Winter seasons as the flying hours and the per diem amounts are low. It can also be quite tiring and straining on your health as the hours are all over the place. Passengers some times can be a handful.

Overall, if you'd like to experience the world through work (and through the benefits of flight passes), working for AC is definitely recommended. I love it!
A day at the Airport
Bilingual Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2016
Working at the airport is not for everyone. It is a busy, stressful environment but also very rewarding in itself. The work atmosphere can be stressful but it is very unique because of all the different people you meet.
I learned how to manage my stress and how to thrive under a lot of pressure while working at the airport. The management is great and very understanding, and my co-workers were respectful, helpful and diverse.
The hardest part of the job was undoubtedly the stress that comes along with it, but the people that I met was what made me motivated to come to work everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
This was a very good experience
Aircraft Machinist (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC19 February 2017
It gave me a chance to learn lots about the aircraft industry. I worked on new and very specialized machines. It gave me the opportunity to work on large mills( horizontal and vertical, boring mill, cylindrical grinder (int and Ext), large lathes, vertical grinder 40" table
Fun place to work for someone who loves to travel.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON30 December 2016
If you like to travel and love dealing with and meeting people from all over the world, this this the job for you.
Expect to not be home often and plan to be away for most holidays .
It can get very lonely at times, but you make allot of wonderful friends on the job.
Great coworkers, work changes daily. Very interesting.
Executive support analyst (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC24 October 2016
I am proud of my work at Air Canada. I completed all tasks an projects required over my time there. Being an airline, one must be prepared to travel for work regularly. Air Canada is a fast paced dynamic company. One must be able to thing on the fly a lot of the time.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long Hours
Good job
Lead Cabin Service Attendant & Manpower Planner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 January 2017
I worked at Air Canada for 22 Years the job is great
The cons of the job is poor management...and lack of training in many areas
The job is easy it's the lazy union people around you that make the job hard.
Pros
Flight benifts
Cons
Lazy union co workers
People are nice to work with
avionics systems technologist (Former Employee) –  Dor26 January 2017
Schedule shift work
Management is horrible (interpersonal)
Work place culture is safety first
The hardest part not knowing when you get laid off
Best part was working on airplane
Pros
working on clean airplane
Cons
No work security