Air Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Customer Service Manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2016
Absolutely loved my position . But due to cutbacks and the company unwilling to accommodate my disability/ fibromyalgia I was packaged off . Also the Director for Western Canada was extremely unsupportive of me even though I was the most knowledgeable manager on base.

Loved my job, our customers and being our brand ! was a proud AC employee and will forever miss it
Pros
Working for Air Canada
Cons
hard shift hours
An friendly and active work environment, safe and maintained properly as per airport standardsf
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 14, 2016
Fast paced and a great work environment. Loud and high pressure and stressful situations. Working to get each flight out safely and on time. Everybody worked as a team and kept a positive attitude in high pressure situations which was most of the time. Dealing with the extreme weather, high winds and extremely cold temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was driving the loader to the aircraft, getting to use the heavy machinery and also the positive work environment. If anyone ever had a issue they would talk it out in a positive manner. Always left work with a smile.
Pros
Flight Benefits, Positive Environment
Cons
Extreme weather conditions
Station Attendant - Calgary
Station Attendant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
Best place to work lots of down time, you learn a lot great benefits plus awesome flight benefits, easy to pick up shift or trade your own shift. you have to go through from tons of training.

It just pays less, Overall its a best company to work with.
Pros
Benefits and perks, easy to pick up shifts or trade shifts, lots of training, learning
Cons
less hours for part timers
Being with Jazz has been a great experience.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 22, 2016
Jazz Accounts Payable is a very busy, structured company.

In a typical day I manually key in invoices, balance accounts, vendor reconciliations on the biggest vendors we have like Bombardier, Aviall, Acklands. We buy all aircraft, aircraft parts and misc. items from these vendors.

I have learned to be organized, a team player, and work with very minimal errors.

My co-workers are wonderful. I have worked with a few of them for over 26 years now.

The hardest part of my job is watching other co-workers being slack. This really bothers me as we all have the same workload and seeing them talking on their cell phones and such irk me.

I love data entry, interacting with internal and external customers.
Pros
cheap airfares
Always loved Pearson Airport
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
As a Canadian Citizen I can personally say that working at the Airport is one of the best working experiences. Aside from the fact that my coworkers were excellent people, I was able to learn how to handle everyday people. The benefits and bonuses of working at an airport alone is amazing, and anyone who enjoys reaping the benefits of their hard work will love this company.
Productive and fast paced work on aircraft
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
A day at the airport usually starts with finding your crew lead and working flights assigned to your crew. This means bringing aircraft to gate and dispatching from gate. Ground service tasks include to off load baggage and on load new baggage to aircraft.Ensuring aircraft cabin is clean, removing gate and pushing aircraft out of gate are also tasks of this job. Coworkers are great to work with and encourage safe work.
Pros
Discounted travel (after 6 months), friendly co-workers
Cons
Odd hours, working holidays and little ability to fix schedule issues
Operations Security Centre
Operations Security Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Awesome place to work, it was my first real office job and i got the training i needed and the people were amazing, staff lunches/suppers, Christmas parties, systems were very easy to work with. Only reason im not there anymore is because management changed when i left on Maternity leave and they gave away my seniority and i wasn't able to work nights at the time with a new born.
Typical giant coorperation
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2016
There was never a job I ever loved more then this one in my life, this was my true calling had I only started at a time in my life where I could afford low wages.

the compensation is really good as far as travel goes. union and medical benefits are as good as the government of Canada, and past probation job security is all but guaranteed.
I recommend this for young student who maybe picked the wrong thing in school and needs a good place to grow.

The staff I worked with was more then helpful and made me feel like a part of a family. I found pride and satisfaction doing my job every day. If the job could pay me more I probably would never have left

advancement is easy but you need to know, I was in the mix for a promotion before I finished probation, it is possible, most employees are over 20years experience not willing to leave the union.
Pros
90$ to tokiyo or delhi few times a year
Cons
your just a number to coorperate management
Challenging
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 16, 2016
My job is challenging and a fast pace work environment, my co-workers are fun to work with and we present ourselves as a team in the work place. Our goal is professional and positive work which will show our customers we will do the best we can for them.
Pros
Great place to work.
fun, low pay job with great flight benefit
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
lots of down times at work. Have to go through tons of training. Pay wage should be higher with today's living standard. Moving heavy bags from station to different station. It's a typical labor job for people who likes exercising.
Pros
Lots of training provided
Cons
extremely freezing in winter
Productive work, friendly coworkers, quiet atmosphere
Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2016
The office was generally quiet, easy to be productive and get work done. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful, and I enjoyed the working atmosphere. It was nice to have lunch outside in the courtyard, trees and shade to sit under, and a nice cafeteria indoors.
Productive and fun place as we also have a gym
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 9, 2016
1. Dispensing bags from international flights
2. Bags need to be dispensed as soon as possible as passengers have connecting flights
3. Management are helpful as they advice us what to do
4. They also help and make work enjoying
5. Doing shift works
6. Working with friends
Pros
A lot of down times
Cons
some heavy lifting required
Chosen as one of Canada's Top 100 employers in 2015
STATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCMay 2, 2016
Air Canada provided a safe work place and a wide rage of benefits, health care including medication,dental and eye care. In addition very low cost air travel.
Pros
flight privileges
Cons
shift work which includes, evenings, weekends and holidays
Overall fine
Edmonton Air Canada Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 29, 2016
Satisfied with the job. However sudden lay off is non digestable. In fact, I did not prepared for the lay off.

Overall the job is very nice and challenging. I like the challenges in work place as I all always prepared to take challenges to prove my self.
Fun workplace with ability to travel around
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
All crew members are friendly, destinations are great and always technologically innovative. Always seeking advancement in different fields to accommodate the needs for customers and employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
unstable days
Lowbrow
Manpower Resource Coordinator / Planner (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCFebruary 18, 2016
Not a tough work environment but the ones at the mid level of management privilege only a certain ethnicity which is very incorrect behavior for a business. Huge lack of diversity that takes priority in promoting ones own which in turn prevents real talent from being recognized.
worked the ramp, Cargo agent, Baggage agent
baggage agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 31, 2015
working on the ramp as a station services attendant or working in Cargo, as cargo agent, then advancing to Baggage agent.
All aspects of handling inbound and out aircraft, operational needs of public, shipping or traveling with Air Canada.
Co-workers, worked as a team.
working in extreme cold temps.
A good but loud work environment.
Air Canada
CSA agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I would welcome passengers and assist them with the check-in procedures. I made numerous announcements on a PA system in regards to flight status and to communicate with passengers. I assisted passengers with boarding and de-boarding and printed flight plans for pilots
Not a good place for work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Modern slavery environment, dictator management CEO to the lower level lead. pay rate is very low, benefits just for a name, sounds good flying benefits, if you work tim horton you make more money and fly with conform ticket
Pros
Cons
Lots of
Love the atmosphere! Team is terrific!
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES REP (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 19, 2016
I love the fast pace, the contact with passengers and the amazing benefits. Anyone that works with the airline is not here for the money. Work schedules are not for the faint of heart!.
Pros
benefits are amazing
Cons
difficult work schedules