Air Canada Employee Reviews

Supportive Management and Room for Growth
Student Internship (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2016
Working for Air Canada for over a year has opened up a window of opportunity for myself as a young professional enetering into the work force. The exposure to their internal process has enriched both my work and university experience. The employees and management are all highly supportive and offer useful career advise.
Pros
Supportive staff, great work environment, good benefits
Cons
decisions are not made on a timely basis
A day at the Airport
Bilingual Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2016
Working at the airport is not for everyone. It is a busy, stressful environment but also very rewarding in itself. The work atmosphere can be stressful but it is very unique because of all the different people you meet.
I learned how to manage my stress and how to thrive under a lot of pressure while working at the airport. The management is great and very understanding, and my co-workers were respectful, helpful and diverse.
The hardest part of the job was undoubtedly the stress that comes along with it, but the people that I met was what made me motivated to come to work everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Exciting and quick work pace with lots to organize
Ramp agent SAS (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT17 February 2017
With air Canada i was the ramp agent, meaning I would bring the plane in unload its bags and reload with the new passengers bags. It was dangerous and very fast pace because the plane was on a timeline and it depended on us. It was a very well organized company and the whole management and my team were awesome. It was a never a dull moment. The benefits were great and i got a lot of experience with customer service and skills related to his job. Only downside is that you basically have to devote your time to this job because you have late flights and early flights etc.
Pros
Great pay and great people lots of hours
Cons
must be available 24/7 and hard on your back
Productable, Fast Paced work Environment
Lead Cabin Service Attendant (Acting) (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 January 2017
A day at work at Air Canada, could be both stressful and easy going. Depending on the weather things could go smoothly. It is a very fast paced company that gets tasks done on the second. The management team is efficient and works with employees to work towards the finish line. Co-workers turn into family, we see each other almost 6 days a week, you get to learn a little bit about every individual everyday. the Hardest part of the job would be, working in the weather, there will be times where it'll be -20 or +38. You have to be prepared for what ever the day is going to offer you. The most enjoyable part of the job would be, having everyone working as a team, woking fast and efficient is a key to a smoother day.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and staff
Cons
working in the weather conditions and long days
Typical giant coorperation
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2016
There was never a job I ever loved more then this one in my life, this was my true calling had I only started at a time in my life where I could afford low wages.

the compensation is really good as far as travel goes. union and medical benefits are as good as the government of Canada, and past probation job security is all but guaranteed.
I recommend this for young student who maybe picked the wrong thing in school and needs a good place to grow.

The staff I worked with was more then helpful and made me feel like a part of a family. I found pride and satisfaction doing my job every day. If the job could pay me more I probably would never have left

advancement is easy but you need to know, I was in the mix for a promotion before I finished probation, it is possible, most employees are over 20years experience not willing to leave the union.
Pros
90$ to tokiyo or delhi few times a year
Cons
your just a number to coorperate management
People are nice to work with
avionics systems technologist (Former Employee) –  Dor26 January 2017
Schedule shift work
Management is horrible (interpersonal)
Work place culture is safety first
The hardest part not knowing when you get laid off
Best part was working on airplane
Pros
working on clean airplane
Cons
No work security
Benefits good and for unskilled wage is good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 January 2017
Like anywhere, there are frustrations with management. Keep your expectations low, follow the rules, follow SOP, work safely, enjoy making new friends.
The most enjoyable part would be all the coworkers. Management depends on whom you were dealing with as far as support. Upper management make way too much money and as an employee you can feel very insignificant and undervalued at contract time!
The worst part and the best part of the job are the same...the Passengers...they can be so difficult and mean while there are those gems that are appreciative and kind.
Pros
Air travel discounts
Cons
Angry customers
Great Opportunities, unconventional job!
Service Director, Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 November 2016
I am a Flight Attendant with Air Canada Rouge. For me, it's been an exciting journey and has been very rewarding. As a young person, I have been able to travel and visit over 30 countries this year alone. Flexible schedule, great co-workers and amazing destinations. Candidate selection and training was rigorous but well worth it. Joining AC Rouge at this time is wise as it is relatively new, and your seniority can grow very fast.

As a downside, the pay is not the greatest in the Winter seasons as the flying hours and the per diem amounts are low. It can also be quite tiring and straining on your health as the hours are all over the place. Passengers some times can be a handful.

Overall, if you'd like to experience the world through work (and through the benefits of flight passes), working for AC is definitely recommended. I love it!
One of the best employers you could ask for.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
The Culture at Air Canada is top notch. They truly care about their employees, and strive to set you up for success. A strong work/life balance is encouraged, and you get to travel around the world!
Loyal and Compassionate workplace
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
To start a Typical work day was based on your bid position. Over the course of this summer i dealt with flights to the US and Canada.

We worked hard, we worked fast and we got the flights out even when we didn't have all the equipment for it. Some days we were short-handed so we had a larger workload, quite a few of the days we were payed for 30 extra minutes because they'd cut our lunch.

Air Canada is a union environment and it felt like the union always had your back, like and older brother or a best friend. Most everyone treats you like family over there. In a few words: Solidarity, Respect, and friendship.

The hardest part of the job for me was the training and extra work given to you over the online programs they had.

I most of all enjoyed the community, the responsibility, the hard work and the feeling of someone always being there for you.
I found as i worked at Air Canada a sense of place, meaning and purpose and now with out it i feel lost.
Pros
Full-time = Full benefits(Message, Orthotics, Dental, Flight benefits)
Cons
Equipment and manpower shortages
Great Job
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2016
The job is great and so are the employees. There isn't much to complain about. The salary is rewarding and there is lots of opportunities for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting
Amazing travel and health benefits
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
Loved working in the call centre environment.
Friendly employees made it fun to seek out answers to somewhat challenging questions.
Salary could be improved for the detail needed in work.
Management was ok.
Overal good place to work
DIRECTOR, SAFETY, SECURITY & ENVIRONMENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Air Canada has a long legacy, which works to its benefit and detriment all at the same time. Opportunity for advancement is limited, and often silo-ed making for a difficult organic growth process for someone's career.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Departmental Silos
Air Canada line Maintenance
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 October 2016
Great place to work with great benefits and a good job culture. Every day is different with a new job to be done on a new aircraft type daily. Makes Air Canada a fun place to be working for.
Great Company
Station Attendant Air Canada Cargo Toronto (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
It still operates basically like a crown corporation and offers many great benefits to its long standing employees.
The tough part is you will need to work irregular hours until you accumulate enough seniority to hold a regular time bid spot.
Overall it provides travel opportunities and great experience if that's what you are looking for.
Pros
Great medical/Dental benefits
Cons
Irregular hours
Where to start?
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON16 October 2016
A lot of benefits to working with air canada rouge.
However work/life balance not worth all the time spent away from home. Not paid for all the hard work.
It's not for people like me
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2016
the job was draining because you do all the work most of the time and i had some back ache issues because of lifting super heavy dirty dishes bussing tables all the way through the other side, 'cause the lounge was pretty wide and sometimes you're just by yourself and at the end of the day it will just kill you.
Pros
we don't have any free lunch whatsoever
Cons
long hours bussing heavy dishes, no free lunch, not worth it
productive and interesting work ambiance
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 December 2016
Air Canada airport agents are ambassadors for the airline and represent an important component of our customer service equation. like working in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the world.
Pros
good benefits and hours
Cons
early and late shifts
its ok for shift work job
Station Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON9 January 2017
Great place to work if you want great benefits and are ok with shift work. Fast pace environment where you can really climb the employment ladder.
Pros
cheap flights and great health benefits
Cons
shift work with crazy start times
Airport work
Chef d'équipe, Service à la clientèle aéroport (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC18 October 2016
Great benefit, great work environment and advancement possibility.
If travel, client-service and aircraft are your passion this a job for you. You will make friends for life.
Pros
have a chance to travel
Cons
24/7