Air Canada Employee Reviews

Overal good place to work
DIRECTOR, SAFETY, SECURITY & ENVIRONMENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2016
Air Canada has a long legacy, which works to its benefit and detriment all at the same time. Opportunity for advancement is limited, and often silo-ed making for a difficult organic growth process for someone's career.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Departmental Silos
Not as glamorous as agents in the terminal
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCSeptember 8, 2016
Lifting bags from 5 to 80lbs while stacking them up to 7ot 8 feet
Working in confined spaces
Using equipment that sometimes inadequately maintained.
Pros
Medical Benefits for PT work, Flight benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting, bad equipment
Great group of co-workers
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Working as a station attendant is one of the more unique jobs that I've had. First off the people are great, lots of fun and laughs to the point where at times it doesn't even feel like work. That being said, the work isn't for everyone. You have to work in the elements, rain, snow, hail, heat, cold, you name it. A big positive is the flexibility in your schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits
Cons
Weather
Safety and performance
Lead, Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 6, 2016
Pros- Solid efforts by company to promote employees who want to grow. Training and resources were by far best I have seen in any work place. A lot of very caring staff and willing to spend the money on fleet improvements and safety.. the most impressive follow through on Aviation safety in NA imho.

Cons- some unresolved union items in my time, including a short funded pension.
Clean and Safe place
Host (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2016
Enjoy and exciting, Learned how to make a good raport to each other. I like the safety during i'm staying at my work. The most enjoyable is to see all the people arround you with a beautiful smile and very kind.
Pros
I'm feel safe inside
Cons
no free lunch
Management is not fair.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONAugust 18, 2016
They should stop hiring tons of people and let go of the experienced once.

They always hire new station attendants, and then they keep on cutting people because its either they fail the written exams that are non-sense at the first place. they base their employees ability through a piece of paper.
Pros
Great benefits if they let you pass your probation
Cons
They will cut you so easily if you're under probation
Great company to work for.
Baggage Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 14, 2016
Air Canada is a great company to work for. They have amazing benefits and great management. Great work environment for employees.
Great Company
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 9, 2016
Air Canada is a great company because they offer a fun working environment.
Team Leaders are motivating and very supportive.
My co-workers were friendly as well.
Pros
Discount Travel
Cons
Late Hours
Great company to work for
Flight Attendant / Service Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONJuly 28, 2016
The work as a flight attendant is very dynamic. The job can change on a dime and with that it can present challenges and opportunities. No day at work is the same as the previous day. One has to be very adaptable to cope with an ever changing environment.

It comes with many responsibilities, from safety of customers and peers to customer service. It is a fun and exciting job
Pros
Dynamic work environment
Cons
exposure to radiation and lack of oxygen at high altitudes
Fast pace work environment with great benefits.
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  YYZJuly 18, 2016
This job is not for the faint of heart. It is definitely a fast pace workplace with a lot of risks but it is very rewarding to be a part of such a large prestigious company. You receive great health benefits as well as flight benefits. It is very enjoyable working with different air crafts and the people you meet while working are very nice and friendly.
Great Experience, yet tiring
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Goose Bay, NLJuly 12, 2016
Great place to work with fun people. A very different environment-one must brave the harsh elements. Great travel perks and advantages from this company. Excellent opportunity for those interested in aviation.
Professional Environment
Flight Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TorontoJuly 7, 2016
Air Canada has given me the knowledge base to expand my skill set in other professional areas.I have learned how to manage my time, and now understand the importance of "internal customers". A typical day would include assisting students with their training, responding to emails and coordinating future training plans.
Challenging
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 16, 2016
My job is challenging and a fast pace work environment, my co-workers are fun to work with and we present ourselves as a team in the work place. Our goal is professional and positive work which will show our customers we will do the best we can for them.
Pros
Great place to work.
Rapidly advancing company focusing on lean initiatives
Hangar Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONMay 30, 2016
Strong management team resulting in positive and efficient work practice. Lots of room for growth and a positive atmosphere.
Fun workplace with ability to travel around
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
All crew members are friendly, destinations are great and always technologically innovative. Always seeking advancement in different fields to accommodate the needs for customers and employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
unstable days
Overall fine
Edmonton Air Canada Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 29, 2016
Satisfied with the job. However sudden lay off is non digestable. In fact, I did not prepared for the lay off.

Overall the job is very nice and challenging. I like the challenges in work place as I all always prepared to take challenges to prove my self.
Seniority
Airport Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 29, 2016
The seniority at Air Canada Jazz is hard to deal with it but I did it. Too much micromanagement. It did not allow for any movement.
Pros
Travel passes
Cons
micromanagement, lack of direction
Interesting
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Paradise, NLMay 27, 2016
First job, enjoyed it very much. Opportunities to advance, base level entry career. Enjoyed management position immensely.
Customer Service Manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2016
Absolutely loved my position . But due to cutbacks and the company unwilling to accommodate my disability/ fibromyalgia I was packaged off . Also the Director for Western Canada was extremely unsupportive of me even though I was the most knowledgeable manager on base.

Loved my job, our customers and being our brand ! was a proud AC employee and will forever miss it
Pros
Working for Air Canada
Cons
hard shift hours
Traveling benefits!
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 16, 2016
Self learning. Making your own decisions that satisfies the client and company. Ability to adapt quickly with changes on site.
Pros
Free hotels pearks for flights
Cons
Under paid and demanding