Air Canada Employee Reviews

Customer Service and Sale Representative
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
Work at a temp for Air Canada 30 to 40 hrs a week as a CSSR (bilingual customer service and sales)
A typical day at work would be: Serving 50 to 80 people and more during a 6 hour daily shift - guide them correctly in English or French towards their flights - take care of wheelchair people including blind customers - learned a great deal with security - safety at YYC airport - learning about different passports and nationalities - working well under pressure so no one will be late for their flights making sure they are on time - working well with co-workers - loved every minute of my job there were no hardest part.
Pros
bring your lunch
Cons
no cons for me
It's not for people like me
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2016
the job was draining because you do all the work most of the time and i had some back ache issues because of lifting super heavy dirty dishes bussing tables all the way through the other side, 'cause the lounge was pretty wide and sometimes you're just by yourself and at the end of the day it will just kill you.
Pros
we don't have any free lunch whatsoever
Cons
long hours bussing heavy dishes, no free lunch, not worth it
very organized company
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 October 2016
Everyday, when I get into the office, I check the office email and internal database, make sure my director has the updated information. Also I have to manage all the profiles and invoices and help working on the income statement and balance sheet. The hardest part of the job is that the work is intense and I have to review my accounting knowledge. I like the working environment in Air Canada Montreal and what I have learned from my director is that as a accounting clerk you have to be very patient and careful. Finally, I think Montreal is a really beautiful city and I enjoy the moment when I driving across the city towards my office.
A day at the Airport
Bilingual Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2016
Working at the airport is not for everyone. It is a busy, stressful environment but also very rewarding in itself. The work atmosphere can be stressful but it is very unique because of all the different people you meet.
I learned how to manage my stress and how to thrive under a lot of pressure while working at the airport. The management is great and very understanding, and my co-workers were respectful, helpful and diverse.
The hardest part of the job was undoubtedly the stress that comes along with it, but the people that I met was what made me motivated to come to work everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Great group of co-workers
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON7 September 2016
Working as a station attendant is one of the more unique jobs that I've had. First off the people are great, lots of fun and laughs to the point where at times it doesn't even feel like work. That being said, the work isn't for everyone. You have to work in the elements, rain, snow, hail, heat, cold, you name it. A big positive is the flexibility in your schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits
Cons
Weather
Safety and performance
Lead, Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2016
Pros- Solid efforts by company to promote employees who want to grow. Training and resources were by far best I have seen in any work place. A lot of very caring staff and willing to spend the money on fleet improvements and safety.. the most impressive follow through on Aviation safety in NA imho.

Cons- some unresolved union items in my time, including a short funded pension.
Management is not fair.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 August 2016
They should stop hiring tons of people and let go of the experienced once.

They always hire new station attendants, and then they keep on cutting people because its either they fail the written exams that are non-sense at the first place. they base their employees ability through a piece of paper.
Pros
Great benefits if they let you pass your probation
Cons
They will cut you so easily if you're under probation
Great Opportunities, unconventional job!
Service Director, Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 November 2016
I am a Flight Attendant with Air Canada Rouge. For me, it's been an exciting journey and has been very rewarding. As a young person, I have been able to travel and visit over 30 countries this year alone. Flexible schedule, great co-workers and amazing destinations. Candidate selection and training was rigorous but well worth it. Joining AC Rouge at this time is wise as it is relatively new, and your seniority can grow very fast.

As a downside, the pay is not the greatest in the Winter seasons as the flying hours and the per diem amounts are low. It can also be quite tiring and straining on your health as the hours are all over the place. Passengers some times can be a handful.

Overall, if you'd like to experience the world through work (and through the benefits of flight passes), working for AC is definitely recommended. I love it!
Great coworkers, work changes daily. Very interesting.
Executive support analyst (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC24 October 2016
I am proud of my work at Air Canada. I completed all tasks an projects required over my time there. Being an airline, one must be prepared to travel for work regularly. Air Canada is a fast paced dynamic company. One must be able to thing on the fly a lot of the time.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and fun workplace
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  pearson airport1 December 2016
• Responsible for ensuring a smooth customer experience
• Suggested improvements for efficient working processes. The suggestions were later implemented.
• Quickly promoted to lead work with computer systems and manage loading operations
• Contributed to excellent on-time performance of flights
Great company to work for
Flight Attendant / Service Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON28 July 2016
The work as a flight attendant is very dynamic. The job can change on a dime and with that it can present challenges and opportunities. No day at work is the same as the previous day. One has to be very adaptable to cope with an ever changing environment.

It comes with many responsibilities, from safety of customers and peers to customer service. It is a fun and exciting job
Pros
Dynamic work environment
Cons
exposure to radiation and lack of oxygen at high altitudes
Fast pace work environment with great benefits.
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  YYZ18 July 2016
This job is not for the faint of heart. It is definitely a fast pace workplace with a lot of risks but it is very rewarding to be a part of such a large prestigious company. You receive great health benefits as well as flight benefits. It is very enjoyable working with different air crafts and the people you meet while working are very nice and friendly.
Overal good place to work
DIRECTOR, SAFETY, SECURITY & ENVIRONMENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Air Canada has a long legacy, which works to its benefit and detriment all at the same time. Opportunity for advancement is limited, and often silo-ed making for a difficult organic growth process for someone's career.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Departmental Silos
Professional Environment
Flight Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto7 July 2016
Air Canada has given me the knowledge base to expand my skill set in other professional areas.I have learned how to manage my time, and now understand the importance of "internal customers". A typical day would include assisting students with their training, responding to emails and coordinating future training plans.
Crew Chief
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2016
Managed 40+ employees in international baggage operations. Coordinated and distributed all international baggage worldwide destinations departing out of Vancouver international. Supervised and managed transboarder US destinations baggage systems.
great place to work
Aircraft Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC13 October 2016
Always had good days at work,learned alot about airline business
always eargered to learn new programs and job work. Always got work done on timely business day and guided costumers to its right direction
Pros
good enivorment to be
Cons
long hrs
Not as glamorous as agents in the terminal
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 September 2016
Lifting bags from 5 to 80lbs while stacking them up to 7ot 8 feet
Working in confined spaces
Using equipment that sometimes inadequately maintained.
Pros
Medical Benefits for PT work, Flight benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting, bad equipment
Productive and excellent work environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
Every day is different, that is what makes this job fun and exciting. You never stop learning, and you get to work and know different people every single day at work.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Fast pace environment
Amazing travel and health benefits
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
Loved working in the call centre environment.
Friendly employees made it fun to seek out answers to somewhat challenging questions.
Salary could be improved for the detail needed in work.
Management was ok.
fun and positive work place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 October 2016
I absolutely love the work I do for this company. I have great benefits, especially while being a student as well. It's a job that is different every day, and it challenges me in every way.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
shift work