Air Canada Employee Reviews

air canada sucks
baggage attendant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 November 2017
my review for air canada would be that the management suck at doing their jobs we were understaffed and under paid and there were tons of safety violations
Belle Environement de Travail
Agent de Bord (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2017
L'environment de la compagnie est agréable. J'ai aimer travailler avec pleins de gens différents portant de cultures différents ainsi qu'avoir visiter le monde.
Treated me horribly
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 November 2017
Air Canada really sent me through the ringer. If you get inured good luck with keeping your job. The management is so forceful don’t care and don’t feel for their employees. Do not work here if you don’t have to.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Management is bad, quality of life is bad
Stressful Environment, Culture of Fear
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 November 2017
If you ever go into a management position with Air Canada thinking that you can show kindness and compassion to the employees, you are wrong.
You must follow the corporate directives which are related to metrics and nothing more.
I would recommend giving this company a pass.
Pros
travel passes
Cons
the corporate culture
Uncaring management
CSSA (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON10 November 2017
Air Canada mottos, were not happy until youre NOT happy.
The passengers ok very nice and most of the work colleagues.
I have worked there 7 years, trying to make it a career.
Management is pro favoritism. If you're not their pet, they will discipline you the hard way. Others will just receive a verbal warning.
Working in aviation is great and AC is just a nice place to stop to travel at nearly no costs, and to get to know customers and passengers.
Those who think AC is great must be friends with management and/or management themselves.
Pros
Thanks to AC, i have seen places I would have never gone to without flight passes, travel J on OAL in the 3 numbers $, great colleagues, fun job
Cons
mistakes are severly punished, management soo uncaring, lots of favoritism
Great place. Great ppl
Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2017
I loved the work environment. The job itself was pretty boring and repetitive, but overall it is truly a fantastic place to work in!
Would go back any day!
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
I love my job and Air Canada, Great place to work, it`s serious , dependable and lots of fun.
You can make it your job or your career , literally the sky is the limit,
multiple opportunities to advance and to better your self.
Pros
benefits and career opportunities
Cons
24 hours operation
Did not enjoy working at Air Canada
STATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2017
Working for an airline company is not very beneficial because of how little the company tries to pay their employees, this way they can lower the price of flight tickets and compete with other airlines. Most of the people I know that worked for Air Canada, worked there because of the flight benefits, but I do not think the flight benefits make up for the low salary, low quality work environment/co workers.
What could have been a great experience was soured by lack of management skills
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2017
Unfair management that discriminates instead of actually focusing on hard work ethic, coaching, work developement and talent. What started off as an exciting journey towards developement was quickly halted due to favouritism and an unhealthy work environment. Although greatful for the opportunity, was sad to see the unprofessionalism.
Pros
Travelling, potential entry level experience
Cons
Discrimination
Very poor work environment.
Cabin Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON30 October 2017
The job should be easy and fun, however due to poor management and senior workers it is not. Everyone is always in a bad mood and you are treated like a number instead of a human being due to the high turnover rate.
Pros
Great benefits if you get past probation
not too good
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2017
not a good environment. lots of favortism, decisions are made based on others opinions not facts, overall not a pleasant environment. salary is not good.
Pros
good flying benefits
Cons
less pay
we have free lunches,we go in trips
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON21 October 2017
There are good people I enjoy to work with them,I will continue doing the good job for them.they gave me house for free,going for vacation to see family
Pros
free lunches
security
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
If you are looking for a job that will give you great travel benefits, this is the right place. You can travel anywhere for a buck or two. Everyone is respectful but like any other job it has its downsides.
Not Bad
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2017
Very Professional and Organized
Cargo Finance Junior Manager (Former Employee) –  Westmount, QC13 October 2017
Great teams to work with. Up to date technology and resources as needed. Always supportive towards employees needs. Very professional staff with a high degree of knowledge.
Pros
Great office environment, discounted flights
Cons
Long hours at times
pay below market bench mark
Revenue Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 October 2017
Overall good company to work for, great medical/dental coverage, travel benefit. However salary should be better, management needs to care more about their employees.
Not for everyone
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2017
Great traveling opportunities
Salary below poverty for 3 years. Slowly increasing afterwards
Unionized environment.
Corporate culture: lacking unity between employees.
Interesting benefits.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
Work conditions
Environnement de travail d'équipe excellent !
Préposé d'escale (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC2 October 2017
Air canada est tres bien structurer les employers sont bien traité . Les ressources humaines sont efficace et on se sens appuyer par l'employeur . Plein de petite attention Pour Les employers et Les avantages sont excellentes . Une fierté de travailler pour eux!
Pros
Tres bien structurer .
Cons
Salaire est bas .
Good
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2017
Air Canada is a great workplace for a career and I have enjoyed the majority of years I have been there. The company itself had given me a great opportunity and after a few years it pays off.
fun at first, but monotonous in the end
Agente de bord (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2017
at first, it was really fun to get to travel, but after a few months, the job became repetitive and monotonous. However, it was a great experience to learn to be ready at all times!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.