Air Canada

Air Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fast paced work on aircraft
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Discounted travel (after 6 months), friendly co-workers
Cons: Odd hours, working holidays and little ability to fix schedule issues
A day at the airport usually starts with finding your crew lead and working flights assigned to your crew. This means bringing aircraft to gate and dispatching from gate. Ground service tasks include to off load baggage and on load new baggage to aircraft.Ensuring aircraft cabin is clean, removing gate and pushing aircraft out of gate are also tasks of this job. Coworkers are great to work with and encourage safe work.
Fun and welcoming workplace
Air Canada, Temporary Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Nice work environment
Cons: un-predictable shifts
Shifts were sporadic and sometimes difficult to manage.
But, the people who I worked with for this temporary assignment were very nice, welcoming and always around if I needed any help.
Friendly working environment
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Colleagues are pretty friendly. Training is helpful. Holiday season is pretty busy and sometimes you have to get up pretty early.
worked the ramp, Cargo agent, Baggage agent
baggage agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 31, 2015
working on the ramp as a station services attendant or working in Cargo, as cargo agent, then advancing to Baggage agent.
All aspects of handling inbound and out aircraft, operational needs of public, shipping or traveling with Air Canada.
Co-workers, worked as a team.
working in extreme cold temps.
A good but loud work environment.
High stress - Micro Managment
Training Specialist - Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 26, 2015
Pros: Cheap travel
Cons: No rewards
Usually good employees and colleagues, but managers are not driven by the quality of there employees but only pleasing their immediate superior with record profits to the cost of their employees morale.

There is NO culture to keep talented employees
Great Summer Job
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Took the position as a summer job while I was in post-secondary school and absolutely loved it. Gave me the core foundations for my future career in aviations. However I will say that since my time at Air Canada I have not been able to rejoin the company that gave me my start and it almost feels like I've been blacklisted from ever trying to apply again.
Good company
Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 4, 2015
Solid company with growth available. Long days and lots of travel with certain roles. Good perks with cheap travel although tough without proper seniority.
its fun to work with co workers, beacuse we help us each other
Station attendant/Forklift operator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 31, 2015
driving forklift ( counter balance )
yard stager- staging a frieght for a morning flight
export build
breezeway stager
pick-ups
Fun co-workers
Reservations Agent (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2015
Good atmosphere among co-workers.
Company was very disorganized.
Salary and benefits are not competitive enough in this economy.
Salary too low.
good job culture
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2015
Pros: good job culture
Cons: long hours
good job culture, low job turn over, and employees are friendly to each other. it is a good environment to start up a career and rise in the company.
support staff
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Free meals, work ethics and after work get together
Cons: Need more travel
Great place to work, very helpful to get job done. Safety practices, by the book jobs done. Good benefits with the Company.
Great place to work.
Quality/Process Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Uses my technical and soft skills as an engineer in every job situation!
Job involved a lot of communications with all departments and clients.
great company to work for
Customer Service Sales Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2015
great company to work for with excellent benefits. interaction with coworkers and the public allows satisfaction in customer service and helpfulness. Variety of work schedules also gives flexibility
It is what inside of the job is so Enjoyable..
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Richmond b.cSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: Marshalling the dash8..inbound and Outbound
Cons: It's the job are so prosessional...
Enjoyable to work with very supportive Senior employee..
I have learnt and Educate so much...
It's the Job that I will never forget...
Call center reservation agent
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), montreal, quebecSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: perks and travel benefits
Cons: not flexible
- Provide information on places of destination, hotels, foreign exchange, schedules of flights, modes of transport, accommodation and costs of packages.
- Advising clients on the choice of trips, packages, products and services offered make transportation and accommodation reservations
- Confirm reservations promote packages and other services offered by the Agency
- Participate in the selection of products or travel services adapted to the needs of the customer
- Knowledge products Canada, United States and Caribbean zones.
Fun Workplace
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SALES & SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 6, 2015
With the shift i have from 3AM - 7AM its a pretty busy shift considering that we have 4 flights going out that time. I love my co-workers because they sweet and amazing. The hardest part of my job is when we have irregular operation such as cancellation of flights that leads to passengers who are freaking out and trying to get a flight as soon as possible. The job is not that so stressful and i enjoyed seeing different people with different nationalities.
csr
cssa (Current Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 3, 2015
very good company to work for a very good team environment and hours are not bad and local transportation available. I learn new things everyday and help others in wheel chairs or any other special need.
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2015
Very fun environment. Learnt a lot from this company, I've learnt how to boil down frustrated customers and boil down a lot of situations that requires a managers assistance.
fun work experience
Station Attendant / tow crew (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
Pros: all
Cons: full resposability any small scracth you're out.. no extra premiun
show up get the list of planes to move. get the proper equipment to service, and procced according to the daily contitions
Lazy, unproductive coworkers
Station Attendant (Current Employee), VancouverAugust 20, 2015
Pros: lots of breaks, flight benefits
Cons: lack of work
This job just wasn't for me, I need more human interaction. The job just really didn't have a future for me to continue with in the way I wanted my life to go.
Employees