Air Canada Employee Reviews

Etre pret a evoluer selon la compagnie
Agent service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Aeroport Dorval18 February 2018
Se donner a 100 pourcent pour cette emploi beaucoup de concessions.Shifts de matin,Midi,soir,travail d équipés être a l écoute des clients et superviseurs.Satisfactions a travailler avec le public.Travail d ordinateur.J ai travaillé pendant 30 ans ,il fallait que j essaie d autre choses...
Pros
Avantages sociaux
Cons
Shift de 3.00am du matin
social work environment however not very progressive
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON9 February 2018
Air Canada is a very social work environment with many friendly faces. However the over cultural lacks progressiveness. Very fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Culture slowly changing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2018
Decent place to work but need a thick skin. Lots of history making culture change difficult but slowly progressing. Good job protection once you have proven yourself.
Horrible workplace enviroment
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 February 2018
Not a place you want to be long term. I have never worked some where that has so many double standards. Management picks and chooses who they want to bully/ harass.
Pros
Cheap flights
Finance Agent
Intermediate finance agent level 4 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 February 2018
I was employed with Air Canada for approximately 16 years and during that time had met many friends some of them seemed like family. I had the chance to travel and loved going to work. We had many events and luncheons and everyday was a new adventure. Unionized job with great benefits and flex time. Met some of the best Management that treated me very well.
Pros
Secure unionized job
flexible timing
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2018
its an amazing experience to work for Air Canada because of the flexibility that the company provide you.
Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment.

Marshal or tow aircraft to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo and passenger baggage.

On-load/off-load cargo and passenger baggage.
good workplace
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2018
typical day working in air canada is not really typical. It always changes, it´s never really the same. You see many people on a daily basis, you learn new skills and get better with time.
Seasonal
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NS30 January 2018
Had a great time working with Air Canada over the holiday season. Great Co-Workers and customers. Learned lots. Many 3:30am shifts however I didn't mind.
Cons
hours
Encadrement
Représentant - Réclamation bagages (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 January 2018
Valorisation du travail de qualité, lorsqu'on travaille bien et fort, notre travail est reconnu et apprécié.
To serve the public and provide safety.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, Inernational Airport27 January 2018
I worked strictly first class overseas for the first 4 years of my career with Canadian Airlines. I loved flying overseas a great deal. I had never traveled before so being able to go to all over the world was so exciting and broadened my horizons. I loved traveling to all the different countries and learning the different languages as well as their cultures.

The hardest part of the job was the jet lag and lack of sleep.

Working First Class took a lot of preparation but I was proud of how nice my tables looked and how nice the setting looked if I put a different napkin with a flower on the passengers set up. It was the small things that made the difference.
Warming the coffee/tea cups up before I did that service was nice as the liquids stayed nice and warm for my passengers.
I gave my passengers extra care but then I also gave them a lot of space as I understood that they valued their personal space.
I like working with people in general.
Pros
Flight passes.
Cons
Not much time off.
Le travail est agréable mais sans reconnaissance dans un environnement sécuritaire
Chef / Surintendant d'équipe de production (Former Employee) –  Vliie St. Laurent24 January 2018
Pros
Possibilité de voyage
Cons
Aucun respect et reconnaissance pour le travail accompli
management fight with union all time
Station attendant (Former Employee) –  yvr24 January 2018
leave normal hard working people with frastrating,some people take advantage of this situation, but most of people are reasonable,its fun to work outside during summer time with out rain, but early morning shift are not easy, winter time with rain or snow, its tough
Pros
lots of break
Cons
out side opration
Productive and fun place to work.
Aircraft service attendant (Former Employee) –  CA24 January 2018
Very busy during summer months. Bad weather conditions at the start of day during winter months. Met a lot of different people from all places. Good management to work with. Diverse work place. Hardest part is during winter months when you loading aircrafts. Enjoyable part is travelling.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours when there is flight delays.
Gestion unidirectionnelle
Coordonnateur de groupes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 January 2018
Aucune écoute de la part des gestionnaires
Environnement de travail très stressant , compétition élevée entre employés et les gestionnaires encouragent cette compétition malsaine. Salaire selon expérience mais aucune prise en compte de l’expérience dans les tâches quotidiennes. Climat de menace (menace de se faire couper dans notre paie après une erreur). Manque d’humanisme. Très anglophone la loi 101 n’est aucunement respectée dans les procédures et les communications internes.
Pros
Billets d’avion stand by
Cons
Aucune autonomie permise, aucune confiance envers les employés, aucune reconnaissance
It was OK
Manager/Lead Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2018
Work 8 Hours on rotating shifts
Some weekend work required
Flexible work ours if required
Work a lone and as a team to complete projects
Clean work place
Supplies on hand if not supplied quickly
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Have to work on holidays too
Flight Attending
Lead Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2018
Food/beverage services, custodial work. Lots of safety related duties and procedures to follow. Annual recurrent training required. Most of the job is performed away-from-home.
It's not for everyone, but it just might be for you
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2017
Working at Air Canada, I received the lowest compensation of my entire life. Nevertheless, the benefits and flexibility made it all worthwhile. I often lost all sense of time, not knowing what day it was half the time, and completely suppressed my body's natural sleep scheduling. I also traveled the world, often chatting with celebrities and important business executives along the way. As a musician, it gave me the time and freedom to pursue my musical ambitions while providing a basic income and amazing flight benefits. It's not for everyone, but it just might be for you.
lifetime job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 December 2017
Have worked there for 30 years.. Have seen many changes over the years. Its a great career. Have lots of room for advancement if you are willing to move. Try it you will not be disappointed.
Pros
loved it...good perks
Cons
early starts 4 am and late nights midnight open everyday and long shifts
fast paced hanger where we are always working on either a dash 8 or CRJ
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER APPR (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 December 2017
We do heavy checks of all aircraft when cycle times are expired. Hanger in London Ontario closed up in 2012 where the employees had to relocate to the west end and to the east end of Canada
Hardest part of this job is keeping in compliance with transport Canada and the regulations
I have enjoyed many perks working with this company and traveling has been amazing.
Pros
travel perks
Cons
salaried
managements don' care
Temp Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2017
was working for 2month. manager is bossy all time. schedule is not flexible. minimum wage. but flight benefit is good . only young people who like to travel. or retired person can work here. not the people for money.

because its well known company they treat employee like a slave (til join the union)

while you are on the job other employee won't help each other. they have some meetings sometimes. but it's not helping
Pros
flight benefit
Cons
everythin else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.