AIMCO

AIMCO Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was OK for a short term contract
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 4, 2014
I worked here as a contractor. The pay was lousy, there was no benefits, and I had to pay everyday for parking due to the location.
This was also a good company to work for.
Bilingual Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good working environment
Cons: weekends- but at the time it was ok.
This company merged. At the time the offer was not appealing. At this time I resigned and went back home Colombia, South America.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: healthcare benefits
One of the worst companies to work for. Management is poor and not very useful.
Good Company with a lot to offer
Regional Property Manager (Former Employee), California, Oregon, Washington and IdahoJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: travel and advancement
Cons: remembering what city i was in when i awoke each day
My portfolio encompassed several states and regions, therefore each day was different and included a lot of travel.
I was responsible for hands on training of the staff and to monitor all aspects to verify compliance with the various agencies we dealt with affordable housing.
The challenges I found was monitoring the amount of paperwork for each property – more... and the most enjoyable was learning the different locations and how different states affect a community. – less
AIMCO offers Great Inhouse Training
Apartment Community Manager (Former Employee), Vista, CAJanuary 15, 2014
This company offers great in-house training ideal for entry level job positions. They always try to remain competitive and offer continuous support through management and human resources.
Is one of the best companys to work for it.
SERVICE MGR. III (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2014
This company bring me to who am now. They train me to be the best for my position and teach me the values of Integrity-Respect-Collaboration-Customer Focus and Performance.
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee), Braintree, MAJanuary 7, 2014
Great place to work. Fun people, great culture and everyday is a challenge.
Opionion
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Edgewater, NJDecember 17, 2013
Pros: no room for advancement
Cons: great working environment
They should promote from with in instead of hiring friend of friends.
Enjoyable if everyone pulls their own weight
Leasing Manager (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaDecember 16, 2013
My experience with Aimco is good on the corporate end. They train you to be abetter employee and person, but fail to recognize issues on the site level.
Beginning of my career
Sr. Property Manager (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILDecember 14, 2013
Pros: good training program
Cons: advancement opportunities-but would have to move
Great company to grow and learn with-opportunities galore
Used to be a great company but how the times have changed
Leasing (Current Employee), ChicagoDecember 11, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: 35 hour max work week, bonus structure, management, proper training
Aimco used to be a great company to work for. They provided training and made you feel that you had a say in what direction your career went. In the last several years they have done a complete about face. They have hired several community and regional managers that have been "let go" by other property management companies. And it doesn't take you long – more... to figure out why. It is now a very "cliquey" environment. If your not in the club don't expect: proper training, if any, for your opinion to matter, regardless of experience, any advancement opportunity.

Aimco has also restructured their bonus program several times in the last few years. Going from commission, to an individual bonus, to now a property bonus. This means your bonus is based on the entire property income. So if a water heater or AC unit blows it will affect your bonus. If you ever get one...this too blows.

You are expected to have a hand in the entire running of the property. From marketing to selling to resident retention. This is probably the best part of the job. It gives you an opportunity to really get to know the people in the community. Well it was, you are now instructed to not answer the phones and just check messages several times a day. If a resident does happen to get through you are to have no personal conversation with them. This from a company that a few years ago wanted to people to feel like they had "come home to Aimco". Not the kind of home I would look forward to going to at the end of a long day.
For a while Aimco had a solid footing in the market, supplying homes that people were proud of and a company that felt like you had a say in the future of it and the future of your career. However when sitting in a sales meeting recently I was told that our duty was to answer to our stockholders and that residents came after that it made me realize that employees definitely rank much lower on the list with this company. This is also proven by the reduction in hours to 35 hours a week max, and if you go over your told you will be written up. Even if that boiler blows you figure out how to get it done in 35 hours. Just google Aimco and wage lawsuit before you consider attaching your reputation with this companies. – less
Duties & responsibilities are:
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2013
•Register arriving guests and assign rooms.
•Process group arrivals & departures.
•Take, cancel & change room reservations.
•Process telephone calls.
•Provide information on hotel facilities & services.
•Provide general information about points of interest in
the area.
•Provide information about services available in the
community.
•Arrange services – more... required for guests with special needs.
•Process wake-up calls.
•Process guests' departures, calculate charges & receive
payments.
•Balance cash & complete balance sheets, cash reports &
related forms.
•Maintain occupancy statistics.
•Customer service oriented.
•Follow emergency & safety procedures.
•Work with minimal supervision.
•Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying).
•Perform light housekeeping & cleaning. – less
Excellant Company
Property Manager (Former Employee), Rock Hill SCNovember 26, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: sad to have to evict people from their homes
Taking applications, moving people in and out of the property. I learned many things here and management was great. Co-workers were good and did a good job. Hardest part of the job was having to put people out and most enjoyable part of the job was moving people in.
Great Place to work!
Commercial Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 20, 2013
I really enjoyed my employment at Aimco, I would still be there if life didnt force me to move!!
Great Company. I miss working for them
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: great training, compensation
Cons: high turnover at the corporate level
This was my first leasing job. They provided excellent training for 2 weeks and the commission structure was really great.
I had an awesome property manager
its ok
Receptionist (Former Employee), Los AngelesOctober 30, 2013
Worked here under a year- nothing out of the ordinary. I dont have any complaints about this company.
Great Place to Learn
Community Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, MDOctober 29, 2013
I have learned that great team produce excellent results. The most enjoyable time is working with a great team of people to accomplish out finanical goals.
unproductive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Alexandria VirginiaOctober 23, 2013
from the time i come in i have 30 to 60 recertifications as well as answer emails, return calls, do home visits, send out notices.i get along well with my co workers the hardest part of the job is not being able to get maintenance issues handled for my tenants in a timely manner the most enjoyable part is being of service to my residents
highly experienced and Likes to share my knowledge with co-works
Leasing Agent (Former Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 14, 2013
Pros: self started
Cons: benifits
A day at work starts out by getting in 15 minutes early to be prepared for the day..

I always need to take notes and ask questions if needed

I look forward to a manager who is willing to share there knowledge with others.And is always available when needed

I will help my co-works in training them on the knowledge that I have available for them

Is – more... when a manger will not help with needed information needed to do the job up to the standards the company sets

I have to say I take joy in knowing that I helped someone out who thought there was no hope of getting things back on track – less
Resident Relations Specialist (Current Employee), alexandria, vaOctober 9, 2013
AIMCO is a great place to work. I have learned a great deal from working here. My days are extremely busy and, thus, go by very fast. My managers are all people who I look up to as examples of what I want to grow in this field to be like. I love the fact that nothing is ever the same in this field- everyday, it's a new situation & not mundane. I have – more... been in this field for a few years now and I cannot say there is anything I do not like about it. – less

About AIMCO

AIMCO Properties' aim is true. The company is the operating arm of multifamily real estate giant Apartment Investment and Management – Read more