AIL Canada Employee Reviews

Not good place to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 November 2016
I would not recommend this as a good place to work. Training does not give realistic expectations of what working in the field will truly be like.
Only concern the management has is money
Cons
Pressures old people to give money they dont have
It sounds cliche but it really is a life changing opportunity!
Entry Level Management (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 June 2015
I am so glad that I took the chance and went to my interview with AIL Canada in Ottawa. I was a recent University grad looking for a real career and AIL Canada changed my life!
If I can give you any advice it would be to atleast go to the interview. You have nothing to lose by coming in to see what it's all about, so why miss out on a potentially amazing opportunity?
You should love what you do and working with AIL Canada has been the best job I've ever had!
There is no door to door or cold calling ever required for this job and the Benefits are AMAZING!
Pros
Advancement From Within, Great Management, Professional Environment
Cons
n/a
Highly motivated work place
Financial Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 October 2015
They give you 25 leads per week and you build your own prospects through the presentation they teach you. The management are good. However it is 100% commissioned work. It's hard to balance work life and personal life in the beginning. They will soon be incorporating a call centre to handle booking your appointments. After which the job will be much easier as that can take up a fair bit of time.
Pros
If you're a really good sales person, you will get huge paychecks.
Cons
100% commissioned work, you never know when you are going to get paid
Misleading
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
They sell a good game to get you in the door but turnover is extremely high because of little training and false information. Huge claw backs on commissions. Would never recommend this job to anyone no matter how desperate you are to work. You'll spend more than you make
Pros
Easy to be hired
Cons
Misleading
na
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
I am still new to the company and am yet to see its potential. It is hard to sell insurance because it is not a tangible product.
Life Insurance
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2016
It was an interesting experience, I learned a lot, but do to financial instability I was unable to continue in their employment.
Best job I've ever had!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 July 2015
With AIL, I have the freedom to make my own schedule and control my income on a weekly basis. We have full unionized benefits, the option to take vacation whenever we want, the opportunity to travel for work if we want, the opportunity to choose who we work with; total freedom!
I've never before been part of such a supportive environment with so much freedom involved; to work when and how I want to has never been an option for me in the past.
The opportunity for advancement here is incredible as well; promotions are all based on results rather than seniority or who likes you.
I was skeptical at first of the opportunity; it sounded too good to be true. The income potential I was told of sounded crazy, but now I'm seeing it first-hand for myself. Everyone at the Ottawa office is so happy and upbeat; we go out together often and go on fun road trips together to see clients from out of town. They're more than just coworkers; they're my family.
I've read a lot of terrible reviews from those who didn't find success in this business. I guess not everyone is capable of managing their time accordingly and being productive while unsupervised, however, I don't find it's an issue for me. I love what I do and it doesn't even feel like work. It feels like helping people and essentially saving them from the hardship the future can bring.
I'll never go back to punching a clock again. It's a waste of my potential and there's no freedom in that sort of job. I'm going to keep on getting paid for the worth I bring to my hour, and not just for the hour itself.
Pros
Financial stability, freedom to create own schedule, freedom to bring friends to the team
Cons
Helping clients through tough times can be emotionally exhausting, but definitely worth it
Fun but management could use some improvments
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2016
I loved working here. Excellent work environment. I enjoyed being able to travel a bit for my job and be responsible for my own work schedule.
Enjoyable Environment, Paid Weekly
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 July 2015
Typical day involves handling customer insurance claims
Reporting and submission of claims to Head Office
Computer Troubleshooting and Office maintenance
Learned about the insurance industry
Co-workers were fun and easy to get along with
Hardest part of the job was having to explain to customers/clients why their claim was denied
Best part of the job was the ability to maintain the entire office personally and giving customers/clients good news regarding their insurance claims
Pros
Free reign of the office, time off when needed
Cons
Having to explain insurance claims denials
Very fun place
Benefits counselor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 January 2013
I learned a lot, working as a team, maintaiun good relationship with customers, the hardest part of the job is you need sometimes to work more to maintain your target up to 80 hours a week.
The good part is you have some flexibility
Pros
autonomy
Cons
long hours spent outside of work making appoitments and paper work
fun workplace, great co workers,
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2014
selling insurance packages, making appointments and meeting with clients. Great work place very laid back as well as professional.
Management and co workers were all very cooperative and easy going as well as professional and kept their sales team on point.
Pros
great environment good pay
Cons
no cons
Insurance Benefits
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 March 2013
I would receive union members information and try and contact them for free benefits through their work. While at the persons home I would try to upsell the customer to whole life or term insurance. The hardest part of the job was I took over someone elses territory that was very rude or wouldn't show up to clients homes.
Hard Work, Great Money
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottaw, ON13 February 2015
Worked at AIL Canada for a couple years now. My average earnings, each month, is more than I would have expected at my age. I'm in my early 20s and feel comfortable buying a house and starting my family. I work equally as hard as to my earning, but it simply my work ethic.
dangling carrot
life insurance agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 March 2014
huge promises, more of a disappointment.eg, 2 weeks classroom, check, 2 weeks on road trained, well, does 1 day and 1 presentation in house make it and then release you on your own with no follow up. NO.
Pros
Cons
everything
Not Good
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Manitoba Saskatchewan15 June 2014
This was a life insurance experience. The motivation was overly done to the point where I watched co workers quit in tears. I left for personal reasons.
Pros
New employees were hopeful
Cons
The job in general
could be better
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  May, ON11 December 2014
Very petite fogging work place, everything say in the interviews and when you are hire is not what happens while your on the job. Lack of communication by everyone
productive,
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  vancouver bc25 July 2012
going to trainings and meeting pepole to inroll them for their insurance need
Pros
good income
Cons
long hrs
Manufacturing company
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR, OWNER (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 March 2012
Work has slowed down, so I am looking to use my skills to mentor others.
Pros
part time
Cons
slow down in work
Not a secure job
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 December 2012
Commission only!!! Even if they tell u differently, they are lying to you.

2.6