Aidells Sausage Company

Aidells Sausage Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place, fun people
Part time demo person (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2014
Pros: meet lots of people and work with nice people
Cons: wish we had more hours each week.
Getting to meet lots of people at different Costco locations each week. Selling Aidells sausages and meatballs, preparing them, by cooking and then serving to potential buyers. Working with two other wonderful women and have two other easy going managers that found our work for us each week.
Stay busy with manual set-up and inventory. Enjoy cooking and sampling to the customers.
EVENTS DEMONSTRATOR (Current Employee), Dothan, ALJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: work alone
Cons: not enough hours / benefits
Slow to busy to start. Enjoy sampling/talking to customers. Work alone. Report to Meat Managers in each grocery store. Set-up hardest part of job. Loading/Unloading. Great day when you can make a commission AFTER a required number of sales for the day!
Good Jobs with its pros and cons
Retail Demonstrator (Current Employee), MassachusettsSeptember 30, 2013
This is a job demonstrating the companies product line, including meatballs, sausages, hot dogs, and other specialty items. You get paid $14.00/hour to start. There is an opportunity for a raise as well. If you like people, like to sell, and are friendly, then this is a good opportunity. The work is fairly pleasant.

On the downside. You need to haul – more... your 'kit", which includes a 6 foot table, all kinds of crock pots, skillet, bins of supplies to each store and set it up, then take it down. That is the worse part of the job - that and having your trunk full of work stuff.

Another downside, Aidells only pays mileage after 50 miles. I have been sent to stores all over the state, far from my home, often just under that 50 mile mark. I often find I drive 45 minutes each way to get my shift. Really cuts into the hourly pay rate, and sadly this is a result of poor scheduling from the person above me. I have friends within the company and sometimes one or another are doing a demo, literately 1 mile from my home, while I am going off 20 plus miles towards their home! So due to poor scheduling on Aidells part I have unneeded wear and tear on my car, and extra unpaid travel and gas costs. They need to get some sort of online scheduler that accounts where each demonstrator lives. – less
Good company
Salesman (Former Employee), San DiegoAugust 23, 2013
This company pays well, and rewards well. You work for your money, but its more of a work place where the smarter you work instead of harder is what will bring in the good reputation and the money.
Fast Paced, Attention to Detail, and Fresh Ideas
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), San Lorenzo, CAMay 29, 2013
Pros: company car, good benefits, flexible management, great hr dept.
Cons: work every weekend, too many after hours and day off computer work, emails, reports, etc.
A typical day for me begins at 5:30 or 6 a.m.
I get in my car, drive to the many destinations ( I love that part), review inventory in stores, push sales to management and staff, update bosses of any issues, handle multiple phone calls throughout the day and trouble shoot, etc.

If I have any candidates to interview I take care of that as well and report – more... everything to HR.

Once I get home at about 6 or 7 p.m. (sometimes later), I have to sit in front of the computer to resolve all the issues and report in my inbox on email, then I proceed to do logistics and form a route for the next days work according to the areas where demos are taking place and where I need to do my retail work.

I finish at about 10p.m. and sometimes later than that.

My most enjoyable part about the job is the retail part and driving.
My least enjoyable is the additional electronic work done on my off time and I miss too much time away from family due to that. – less
Fun and innovative company with an honest product
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee), San Lorenzo, CAMay 16, 2013
A typical day at work includes ride along with various merchandisers to ensure sales and distribution are optimized. Acquired many sales skills and marketing techniques. Co-workers are hard workers and team players. Management has aggressive sales objectives but offers many sales tools to reach goals. Most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of – more... a brand that is recognized and well received due to its honest products. – less
Great Company to work for all about sales.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Redmond, ORFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: interaction with customers
Cons: alot of travel
Keep customers interested in the product. Learned the power

product knowledge. Management was assume.

Monthly meeting with co-workers interaction selling.

Alot of travel involved enjoy different locations.

Challenge myself with sales.

Aidells Sausage Company Photos