Aidells Sausage Company Employee Reviews

need incentitives to get raises
Food Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Groton, CT8 October 2017
ive been top sales person for over a year no chance for a raise ..>........../././././././/./././././.././/./.././ why not i make my numbers i do a good job
Pros
love my job
Cons
no raise
Very Demanding
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgia, Alabama,South Carolina6 October 2017
Corporate Tyson and ASM do not care about their employees in the field.. I love the product I represent but we have no support from above. Change policies daily and weekly.
Pros
Working with Store Managers and my Brand Ambassadors
Cons
Lack of recognition for top sales numbers
Fun workplace
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX5 August 2017
Fun place to work a lot of productivity always on your feet. Good leadership fun and positivity all around from everyone. Hardest part is staying all shift up on feet
Productive place to work
Food Demonstration Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 July 2017
A place where you can interact with people and make new friends while being able to sell them the product. The customer focus will allow us to provide items in that region that they like.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Trying to sell customers product they already buy.
No longer in existence
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA7 June 2017
The company has been purchased and the demonstrating portation is now handled by Asset Management Services.

The company was an ok place to work prior to the buyout. Now with working for AMS, your just a number in the wind.
The Best Company That I Have Ever Worked For!
Nor Cal/PNW Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA1 June 2017
I had such a wonderful experience working here! Great culture, really fun product and the job itself was super enjoyable. If it hadn't been for the buy out, I would have certainly stayed!
It was an excellent company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CA7 April 2017
It was one of my favorite jobs ever. Hope my next job will come close to the experience and culture of Aidells. My bosses were very hands on and willing to share their knowledge with the team.
Cons
Company was bought out and thus we all lost our jobs.
Good Part time Job
Costco Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL25 January 2017
Great if your looking for a part time weekend Job. You have to drive to different locations. I loved that you never get used to the same store. It was a decent Job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
hours
Fun Job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA10 November 2016
I currently work for Aidell's and enjoy the position. Pay is decent and it's fun interacting with the customers & the employees at different location
Pros
Pay, Working Independantly
Cons
Travel, Dragging the Kit Around
Part-time job, decent wage but no benefits
Demonstrator/Promoter (Former Employee) –  Moline, IL11 December 2015
This company has a upscale product. No clear path for advancement, or wage increase. Job entails that you must haul everything for the demonstrations. Good and Bad. Good you don't have to wrangler stores equipment. Bad the stuff is hard on your vehicle.
Unrealistic expectations!
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY8 November 2015
Yes the job pays 14 an hour and yes you get commission if you sell an insane amount. It is very unrealistic to sell over 50 packages of sausages and meatballs that are priced ridiculously high in a matter of 6 hours and some of the stores they send you to are near dead no one coming in and they question why you aren't selling enough and than don't believe you when you tell them the stores they're sending you to are extremely slow and its impossible to sell if nobody's around. They will also accuse you of not liking the product and that is why the people don't like it but if you tell them something like people say they don't like the taste or its too expensive you get accused of not liking the product and get compared to people who go to extremely busy stores. If you're a person who loves sales and you're great at sales than this "job" is probably for you but if you are sent to slow stores every weekend and don't sell enough you're going to get accused of things and your boss will be very rude to you.
Pros
the pay I guess
Cons
little hours, unrealistic sales goals, get talked down to, get compared to people who have been doing it for years, dumb boss
Fun interaction with the public.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA21 October 2015
Fun job to have. Great boss. Really straight forward working environment. You're giving free samples of a product that can sell itself and is much healthier than pork alternatives. You get to be the hero each and every weekend. Not a bad gig.
This Job Works In Theory But Not In Practice
Product demonstrator (Former Employee) –  East coast13 September 2015
As a product demonstrator I made about 5 trips from my house to the car loading the necessities into my trunk to do the demo in the intense heat of summer and the bitter cold of winter. The demo could be 1 to 100 miles from home, paying mileage reimbursement after the first 50 miles are driven. Once I found the store I unloaded the car in the grocery store parking lot using a store shopping cart that I arranged the kit pieces in methodically for all things to fit in one cart. I entered the store and greeted the meat dept staff and I asked where did they want me to set up for the demo. I set up the table, 8' foot umbrella, crock pots, skillet etc the way the company outlined. I took inventory of the product on the shelves and in the walk-in freezer, then purchased 4 or 5 packages for samples using free coupons provided by the company. I cooked the product and I invited as many shoppers as possible to come and sample the product using a script provided by the company. When the demo was done I cleaned the crocks and skillet and packed everything away in the totes provided and I left upon getting a signature from a store rep or the meat dept. manager. Finally the demo was done when I submitted a demo report by email, or fax on my own time upon arriving home. This process was performed one to three times over a weekend Friday through Sunday depending on how many assignments I was given and there were some weekends when no assignments were given but I was expected to work three weekends each month.
Pros
Work independently, Slightly appealing starting hourly wage, An outgoing personality is welcome
Cons
$14.00 an hour doesn't adequately compensate, Shoppers cite high sodium & high price for not buying item
Good Management
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA4 July 2015
Excellent customer service

Good Customer relations

Professional leadership

Typical day at work is prepare the products that need to be cook, most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers samply the products
I enjoyed interacting with the customers and making sales.
Field Event Mgr. for a gourmet sausage company (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX15 June 2015
This was a highly productive sales position that included commission incentives. I worked in all Costco stores throughout TX and enjoyed the travel.
Pros
commission
Cons
Super high energy, non-stop 12 hour days
Best job I have ever had
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA6 April 2015
I have worked for Aidells for 3 years and I love it. You cook up samples of sausage and meatballs for customers. Starting pay is 14.00 an hour you get a 50 cent raise every 6 months up to 16.00 and you get commission. You work Fri, Sat and Sunday but the pay is worth it.
Pros
Starting pay 14.00 an hour. No one looking over your shoulder.
Cons
Work Fri, Sat and Sun can't work over 29 hours
Active and exciting workplace
Sales representitive (Current Employee) –  Maryland21 March 2015
Independent sales job. Would travel to a different range of grocery stores. Set up a table and taste test products and must reach a goal everyday. Dealt with a wide range of different people and learned how to sell and converse with new people. Manager would visit your store about once a weekend and re-fuel supplies that you need and discuss any problems your having but for most part no coworkers.
Excellent company to work for.
Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA13 November 2014
I enjoyed working for Aidells, it was a very interesting and diverse position. I enjoyed demonstrating the product and the interaction with the public.
Pros
Meeting various kinds of people.
Cons
Too much equipment to handle to complete the job.
Great job if you enjoy working with the public
Product demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NC17 September 2014
I love my demo job with Aidells! My scheduler is very accommodating to the days I can and cannot work, and is a true delight to work with. The product pretty much sells itself (although it does have a higher price point than some customers are comfortable with) and it's fun sharing recipes and ideas with the customers.

The most difficult aspects of the job can be the customers and the amount of equipment you have to keep on hand (I never have comfortable room in my freezer for the ice packs, but that's my fault... not the company's... lol). Customers... well, there are some that should be thankful I'm not allowed to stab them with a fork. :o)

All in all, I LOVE working for Aidells!
Pros
Excellent pay, flexible scheduling
Cons
Lots of equipment to haul around, especially in rainy weather.
Fun place, fun people
Part time demo person (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT28 March 2014
Getting to meet lots of people at different Costco locations each week. Selling Aidells sausages and meatballs, preparing them, by cooking and then serving to potential buyers. Working with two other wonderful women and have two other easy going managers that found our work for us each week.
Pros
Meet lots of people and work with nice people
Cons
Wish we had more hours each week.