Aidells Sausage Company Employee Reviews

Unrealistic expectations!
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2015
Yes the job pays 14 an hour and yes you get commission if you sell an insane amount. It is very unrealistic to sell over 50 packages of sausages and meatballs that are priced ridiculously high in a matter of 6 hours and some of the stores they send you to are near dead no one coming in and they question why you aren't selling enough and than don't believe you when you tell them the stores they're sending you to are extremely slow and its impossible to sell if nobody's around. They will also accuse you of not liking the product and that is why the people don't like it but if you tell them something like people say they don't like the taste or its too expensive you get accused of not liking the product and get compared to people who go to extremely busy stores. If you're a person who loves sales and you're great at sales than this "job" is probably for you but if you are sent to slow stores every weekend and don't sell enough you're going to get accused of things and your boss will be very rude to you.
Pros
the pay I guess
Cons
little hours, unrealistic sales goals, get talked down to, get compared to people who have been doing it for years, dumb boss
Fun interaction with the public.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CAOctober 21, 2015
Fun job to have. Great boss. Really straight forward working environment. You're giving free samples of a product that can sell itself and is much healthier than pork alternatives. You get to be the hero each and every weekend. Not a bad gig.
This Job Works In Theory But Not In Practice
Product demonstrator (Former Employee) –  East coastSeptember 13, 2015
As a product demonstrator I made about 5 trips from my house to the car loading the necessities into my trunk to do the demo in the intense heat of summer and the bitter cold of winter. The demo could be 1 to 100 miles from home, paying mileage reimbursement after the first 50 miles are driven. Once I found the store I unloaded the car in the grocery store parking lot using a store shopping cart that I arranged the kit pieces in methodically for all things to fit in one cart. I entered the store and greeted the meat dept staff and I asked where did they want me to set up for the demo. I set up the table, 8' foot umbrella, crock pots, skillet etc the way the company outlined. I took inventory of the product on the shelves and in the walk-in freezer, then purchased 4 or 5 packages for samples using free coupons provided by the company. I cooked the product and I invited as many shoppers as possible to come and sample the product using a script provided by the company. When the demo was done I cleaned the crocks and skillet and packed everything away in the totes provided and I left upon getting a signature from a store rep or the meat dept. manager. Finally the demo was done when I submitted a demo report by email, or fax on my own time upon arriving home. This process was performed one to three times over a weekend Friday through Sunday depending on how many assignments I was given and there were some weekends when no assignments were given but I was expected to work three weekends each month.
Pros
Work independently, Slightly appealing starting hourly wage, An outgoing personality is welcome
Cons
$14.00 an hour doesn't adequately compensate, Shoppers cite high sodium & high price for not buying item
Good Management
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CAJuly 4, 2015
Excellent customer service

Good Customer relations

Professional leadership

Typical day at work is prepare the products that need to be cook, most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers samply the products
I enjoyed interacting with the customers and making sales.
Field Event Mgr. for a gourmet sausage company (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2015
This was a highly productive sales position that included commission incentives. I worked in all Costco stores throughout TX and enjoyed the travel.
Pros
commission
Cons
Super high energy, non-stop 12 hour days
Best job I have ever had
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CAApril 6, 2015
I have worked for Aidells for 3 years and I love it. You cook up samples of sausage and meatballs for customers. Starting pay is 14.00 an hour you get a 50 cent raise every 6 months up to 16.00 and you get commission. You work Fri, Sat and Sunday but the pay is worth it.
Pros
Starting pay 14.00 an hour. No one looking over your shoulder.
Cons
Work Fri, Sat and Sun can't work over 29 hours
Active and exciting workplace
Sales representitive (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 21, 2015
Independent sales job. Would travel to a different range of grocery stores. Set up a table and taste test products and must reach a goal everyday. Dealt with a wide range of different people and learned how to sell and converse with new people. Manager would visit your store about once a weekend and re-fuel supplies that you need and discuss any problems your having but for most part no coworkers.
Excellent company to work for.
Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CANovember 13, 2014
I enjoyed working for Aidells, it was a very interesting and diverse position. I enjoyed demonstrating the product and the interaction with the public.
Pros
meeting various kinds of people.
Cons
too much equipment to handle to complete the job.
Great job if you enjoy working with the public
Product demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCSeptember 17, 2014
I love my demo job with Aidells! My scheduler is very accommodating to the days I can and cannot work, and is a true delight to work with. The product pretty much sells itself (although it does have a higher price point than some customers are comfortable with) and it's fun sharing recipes and ideas with the customers.

The most difficult aspects of the job can be the customers and the amount of equipment you have to keep on hand (I never have comfortable room in my freezer for the ice packs, but that's my fault... not the company's... lol). Customers... well, there are some that should be thankful I'm not allowed to stab them with a fork. :o)

All in all, I LOVE working for Aidells!
Pros
excellent pay, flexible scheduling
Cons
lots of equipment to haul around, especially in rainy weather.
Fun place, fun people
Part time demo person (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2014
Getting to meet lots of people at different Costco locations each week. Selling Aidells sausages and meatballs, preparing them, by cooking and then serving to potential buyers. Working with two other wonderful women and have two other easy going managers that found our work for us each week.
Pros
meet lots of people and work with nice people
Cons
wish we had more hours each week.
Stay busy with manual set-up and inventory. Enjoy cooking and sampling to the customers.
EVENTS DEMONSTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 23, 2014
Slow to busy to start. Enjoy sampling/talking to customers. Work alone. Report to Meat Managers in each grocery store. Set-up hardest part of job. Loading/Unloading. Great day when you can make a commission AFTER a required number of sales for the day!
Pros
work alone
Cons
not enough hours / benefits
Good Jobs with its pros and cons
Retail Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 30, 2013
This is a job demonstrating the companies product line, including meatballs, sausages, hot dogs, and other specialty items. You get paid $14.00/hour to start. There is an opportunity for a raise as well. If you like people, like to sell, and are friendly, then this is a good opportunity. The work is fairly pleasant.

On the downside. You need to haul your 'kit", which includes a 6 foot table, all kinds of crock pots, skillet, bins of supplies to each store and set it up, then take it down. That is the worse part of the job - that and having your trunk full of work stuff.

Another downside, Aidells only pays mileage after 50 miles. I have been sent to stores all over the state, far from my home, often just under that 50 mile mark. I often find I drive 45 minutes each way to get my shift. Really cuts into the hourly pay rate, and sadly this is a result of poor scheduling from the person above me. I have friends within the company and sometimes one or another are doing a demo, literately 1 mile from my home, while I am going off 20 plus miles towards their home! So due to poor scheduling on Aidells part I have unneeded wear and tear on my car, and extra unpaid travel and gas costs. They need to get some sort of online scheduler that accounts where each demonstrator lives.
Good company
Salesman (Former Employee) –  San DiegoAugust 23, 2013
This company pays well, and rewards well. You work for your money, but its more of a work place where the smarter you work instead of harder is what will bring in the good reputation and the money.
Fast Paced, Attention to Detail, and Fresh Ideas
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CAMay 29, 2013
A typical day for me begins at 5:30 or 6 a.m.
I get in my car, drive to the many destinations ( I love that part), review inventory in stores, push sales to management and staff, update bosses of any issues, handle multiple phone calls throughout the day and trouble shoot, etc.

If I have any candidates to interview I take care of that as well and report everything to HR.

Once I get home at about 6 or 7 p.m. (sometimes later), I have to sit in front of the computer to resolve all the issues and report in my inbox on email, then I proceed to do logistics and form a route for the next days work according to the areas where demos are taking place and where I need to do my retail work.

I finish at about 10p.m. and sometimes later than that.

My most enjoyable part about the job is the retail part and driving.
My least enjoyable is the additional electronic work done on my off time and I miss too much time away from family due to that.
Pros
company car, good benefits, flexible management, great hr dept.
Cons
work every weekend, too many after hours and day off computer work, emails, reports, etc.
Fun and innovative company with an honest product
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CAMay 16, 2013
A typical day at work includes ride along with various merchandisers to ensure sales and distribution are optimized. Acquired many sales skills and marketing techniques. Co-workers are hard workers and team players. Management has aggressive sales objectives but offers many sales tools to reach goals. Most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of a brand that is recognized and well received due to its honest products.
Great Company to work for all about sales.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORFebruary 13, 2013
Keep customers interested in the product. Learned the power

product knowledge. Management was assume.

Monthly meeting with co-workers interaction selling.

Alot of travel involved enjoy different locations.

Challenge myself with sales.
Pros
interaction with customers
Cons
alot of travel

4.2