Agrocentre Belcan Inc. located in Ste-Marthe, Quebec has been in business in for over 55 years and continues growing and evolving by diversifying its activities to adapt to the changing needs of its customers. In recent years, the company specialized in three main business segments interconnected with each other, namely: agricultural inputs, import and export of value-added and organic grain as well as the distribution of feed through our partnership with Purina. The company sees itself as a well-integrated entity that meets the diverse needs of its customers who can complete all their transactions under one roof.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Export you will be responsible to :
- Coordinate movements of food grade and organic commodities by rail, truck and ship
- Liaise with custom brokers to ensure correct documentation is placed for clearance of all shipments
- Review and track shipping records to ensure that commodities were loaded as per contractual terms
- Review purchase and sales contracts in a timely manner, with close attention to details such as conversion factors, discount schedules, deductions, additions and applicable services
- Enter expenses related to inventory movement into the system. Verify costs against related order logs and report on discrepancies
- Communicate with farmers and processing plants on their requests for information and/or resolution on reported discrepancies.
- Reconcile all inventory balances at month end and take action to solve discrepancies.
- Prepare reports to keep the management team informed of the department’s activities
- Provide assistant to the team to meet corporate and department goals
Skills and education:
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Professionalism and excellent customer service
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent PC skills with Microsoft and accounting software
- Bilingual French / English (oral and written)
- Understanding of the agricultural industry is an asset
- Knowledgeable about contracts and futures is an asset
- Post-secondary education degree in Business or Agriculture
- 3 years experience in customer service, logistics or data entry
If you are interested in working for a growing company that offers a competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunities, please send us your cover letter and CV before May 13, 2013.
Indeed - 21 months ago
Chez Agrocentre Belcan, nous fournissons tous les types d intrants agricoles nÃ©cessaires pour vos cultures et...