Agrium Employee Reviews

Unknow times ahead
Middle Managerment (Current Employee) –  Canada7 September 2016
This used to be a great place to work but the change in culture happened with the change of CEO. Since 2014 everybody is waiting to be "right sized" under the Operational Excellence program which is a euphuism for terminations.
Pros
Good pay & benifits
Cons
uncertian future
Fun to work at and Co-workers are good
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2016
It very busy throughout the day which is good and I learned a lot of thing because most of my co-worker share their knowledge and Point of view, Job Related or even Personal. Hardest Part is when we found out that our Group is going to be removed due to recession. It is hard to leave a company that you enjoyed working with even for a short period of time.
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
Salary and Nice Work Place
Would not reccomend working at this site in operations
operations (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB26 August 2016
Certain members of management there are horrible , brow beating and belittling employees often using profanity and intimidation until they quit. Control type management style - will beat you with a big stick until you do exactly what I tell you to do and will continue this treatment every time you even think of questioning my authority or decisions . Lack of regard for employee safety. Certain managers there force employees into working in unsafe conditions or performing unsafe actions. The Plant is old , and had equipment failures, often that were safety related. When worked there, crew members eventually quit and went to work at other companies .
Pros
Discount on fertilizer
Cons
poor management at plant operations level
Lots of responsibility rewarded with good pay, bonus and benefits
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB15 November 2015
Enjoyed managing Materials Management group but found it difficult to supervise 22 people in 2 diverse areas namely Purchasing and warehousing. There were no supervisor or lead hand in either group. All 22 were direct reports. Age of the plant required annual turnarounds lasting upwards of 45 days usually during the summer which made it difficult to plan summer vacation for staff.

Supervisor of group reported directly to site management and indirectly to Corporate Materials Management in Calgary. Often there were conflicts in priorities and measures.

Company has strong safety program, benefits and social programs such as United Way.
Pros
staff had sense of strong community and pulled together when things needed to get done.
Cons
Unplanned outages and turnarounds required 12 hour days 6 days a week for long periods.
good place to work
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Carseland, AB6 February 2016
Agrium is a good place to work good compensation and holidays are above average. strong saftey culture. I would reccoment Agrium to a friend
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant, Wholesale Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2016
Beautiful, clean corporate office, great location.
Friendly, outgoing helpful coworkers.
Good balance of work.
Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2016.
Environmentally responsible and gives back to the communities.
Pros
High Five Day each month
Cons
Job Security is unpredicable
great executive team
Executive Manager IT & PMO (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2016
multi diverse projects kept us on our toes, great projects and leadership. Training when required and technical support was second to none with great vendors
Very Dynamic Workplace
SENIOR RELIABILITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Carseland, AB30 August 2016
Excellent accountability in Agrium is in general a company where people stay and work for long time .

Oustanding social engagement with plants sorroundings
Excellent work culture. Very supportive and inclusive
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
Great place to work. Management helps to foster and environment where employees can discuss and provide ideas to improve current processes.
Great Culture
Sourcing/ Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2016
Came to Agrium with the desire to obtain the best training possible, and received some great mentor ship. Difficult to get a permanent role as they run very lean in work force. Contract is nearing an end.
Excellent people to work with, productive and safe.
Surface Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON3 February 2013
I worked as a surface pit surveyor taking topos of the pit and plotting it with a GPS and data collector. I picketed dig limits, blast holes, grade, toes and crests. I learned how to use the software Surpac. Management was well organised and wasn't afraid to speak to anyone. My co-workers were great to work with and wish that I was still working with them. The hardest part of the job was that I lived 45 minutes away from Kapuskasing plus a 1 hour bus ride away to the mine. I worked 12 hours days but it really came up to about 15 hours by the time I would get back home. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that Agrium worked very hard on team building and I got to meet new people that worked for the mine.
Pros
there were free lunches and team building events.
Cons
long hours but living out of town.
Day
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB28 November 2015
Work days seemed to go by quickly as we were busy in the Utilities department and granulation/ammonia plants. People were fantastic to work with and had a great working relationship with management. Natural gas prices led the plant to do serious cutbacks at the time. Would work for them again.
Good
systems analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary,AB28 December 2015
Not a bad company to work for. It is changing for worse. Used to be a good place to work. Hopefully it will get better in the future.
Six Month Contract
Corporate Contracts Projects (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 December 2015
Worked at Agrium for six months on a contract basis, hired primarily as a consultant for the RFP, Contract and award stages of the project.
Social, fun and chalenging
Business Intelligence Analyst (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2015
Company supports employees to develop themselves. (meetings, workshops, events and trainings)
There are so many social activities to meet with people
Good corporate culture
Awesome Place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Granum, Alberta16 October 2015
I loved going to work at Agrium. Our plant was located in the small hamlet of Granum. It was very busy, and I enjoyed all of the farmers and truck divers that I got to deal with on a daily basis. I had a lot of responsibilities at the plant, as the office manager, environment coordinator, as well as the weighing in and out of all trucks. It was an amazing place to work.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long Spring Hours
Positive atmosphere, great, healthy place to work
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Clavet, SK22 October 2015
Loved the job, the people were great to work for, fun, positive atmosphere, unfortunate it was only seasonal, would consider full time if available.
great people to work with
Material Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Carseland, AB. Canada12 June 2015
I love this place, the people i can to meet are friends for life.
A great Place to grow and feel like working in a team environment.
A little unorganized at times(management) to many meetings not enough actions. Overall great atmosphere. Would go back in a heartbeat!
good place to work
labour (Former Employee) –  alberta7 July 2015
good place to work great co workers and boss friendly a good training system. always the chance for over time . christmas bonuses,
Pros
great pay good hours
Cons
to far away from home
Good company to work for
Full-time Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2014
Good company that is trying to manage work/life balance.
Diversified skill sets required
Co-workers are engaged
They have a new building coming up that looks very nice.