Agrium Employee Reviews in Canada

Lots of responsibility rewarded with good pay, bonus and benefits
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redwater, ABNovember 15, 2015
Enjoyed managing Materials Management group but found it difficult to supervise 22 people in 2 diverse areas namely Purchasing and warehousing. There were no supervisor or lead hand in either group. All 22 were direct reports. Age of the plant required annual turnarounds lasting upwards of 45 days usually during the summer which made it difficult to plan summer vacation for staff.

Supervisor of group reported directly to site management and indirectly to Corporate Materials Management in Calgary. Often there were conflicts in priorities and measures.

Company has strong safety program, benefits and social programs such as United Way.
Pros
staff had sense of strong community and pulled together when things needed to get done.
Cons
Unplanned outages and turnarounds required 12 hour days 6 days a week for long periods.
good place to work
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Carseland, ABFebruary 6, 2016
Agrium is a good place to work good compensation and holidays are above average. strong saftey culture. I would reccoment Agrium to a friend
Fun to work at and Co-workers are good
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 14, 2016
It very busy throughout the day which is good and I learned a lot of thing because most of my co-worker share their knowledge and Point of view, Job Related or even Personal. Hardest Part is when we found out that our Group is going to be removed due to recession. It is hard to leave a company that you enjoyed working with even for a short period of time.
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
Salary and Nice Work Place
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant, Wholesale Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 21, 2016
Beautiful, clean corporate office, great location.
Friendly, outgoing helpful coworkers.
Good balance of work.
Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2016.
Environmentally responsible and gives back to the communities.
Pros
High Five Day each month
Cons
Job Security is unpredicable
Great Culture
Sourcing/ Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 1, 2016
Came to Agrium with the desire to obtain the best training possible, and received some great mentor ship. Difficult to get a permanent role as they run very lean in work force. Contract is nearing an end.
Excellent work culture. Very supportive and inclusive
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
Great place to work. Management helps to foster and environment where employees can discuss and provide ideas to improve current processes.
Day
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 28, 2015
Work days seemed to go by quickly as we were busy in the Utilities department and granulation/ammonia plants. People were fantastic to work with and had a great working relationship with management. Natural gas prices led the plant to do serious cutbacks at the time. Would work for them again.
Good
systems analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary,ABDecember 28, 2015
Not a bad company to work for. It is changing for worse. Used to be a good place to work. Hopefully it will get better in the future.
Social, fun and chalenging
Business Intelligence Analyst (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
Company supports employees to develop themselves. (meetings, workshops, events and trainings)
There are so many social activities to meet with people
Good corporate culture
Six Month Contract
Corporate Contracts Projects (Contract) (Former Employee) –  AlbertaDecember 19, 2015
Worked at Agrium for six months on a contract basis, hired primarily as a consultant for the RFP, Contract and award stages of the project.
Awesome Place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Granum, AlbertaOctober 16, 2015
I loved going to work at Agrium. Our plant was located in the small hamlet of Granum. It was very busy, and I enjoyed all of the farmers and truck divers that I got to deal with on a daily basis. I had a lot of responsibilities at the plant, as the office manager, environment coordinator, as well as the weighing in and out of all trucks. It was an amazing place to work.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long Spring Hours
Positive atmosphere, great, healthy place to work
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Clavet, SKOctober 22, 2015
Loved the job, the people were great to work for, fun, positive atmosphere, unfortunate it was only seasonal, would consider full time if available.
Excellent people to work with, productive and safe.
Surface Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONFebruary 3, 2013
I worked as a surface pit surveyor taking topos of the pit and plotting it with a GPS and data collector. I picketed dig limits, blast holes, grade, toes and crests. I learned how to use the software Surpac. Management was well organised and wasn't afraid to speak to anyone. My co-workers were great to work with and wish that I was still working with them. The hardest part of the job was that I lived 45 minutes away from Kapuskasing plus a 1 hour bus ride away to the mine. I worked 12 hours days but it really came up to about 15 hours by the time I would get back home. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that Agrium worked very hard on team building and I got to meet new people that worked for the mine.
Pros
there were free lunches and team building events.
Cons
long hours but living out of town.
great people to work with
Material Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Carseland, AB. CanadaJune 12, 2015
I love this place, the people i can to meet are friends for life.
A great Place to grow and feel like working in a team environment.
A little unorganized at times(management) to many meetings not enough actions. Overall great atmosphere. Would go back in a heartbeat!
good place to work
labour (Former Employee) –  albertaJuly 7, 2015
good place to work great co workers and boss friendly a good training system. always the chance for over time . christmas bonuses,
Pros
great pay good hours
Cons
to far away from home
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Redwater, ABApril 20, 2015
- I enjoyed working with other employees, during my time.
- Some days the work would be physically demanding, but would be manageable do to the teamwork environment. We always helped each other out.
Good company to work for
Full-time Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 14, 2014
Good company that is trying to manage work/life balance.
Diversified skill sets required
Co-workers are engaged
They have a new building coming up that looks very nice.
Great experience, great place to work.
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Carseland, AlbertaNovember 24, 2014
I enjoyed my time here, great people, good safe work environment, and really good experience. The new CEO seems a little self centered and is only thinking about making money this second and not thinking long term but otherwise great company.
A very good place to work.
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2014
I would like to rate Agrium 9 out of a scale of 10.My Overall experience with Agrium has been very good. I would rate Agrium to be a good place to work with.
Pros
management is very understanding
Cons
company is in a transition phase
Fun and Friendly place to work
Senior SAP Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABFebruary 4, 2015
Agrium was one of the best companies that I ever had the pleasure to work. They value your hard work but above all, They are family oriented. I miss working for Agrium.
Pros
family oriented