Agrium Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
systems analyst (Current Employee), Calgary,ABDecember 28, 2015
Not a bad company to work for. It is changing for worse. Used to be a good place to work. Hopefully it will get better in the future.
Six Month Contract
Corporate Contracts Projects (Contract) (Former Employee), AlbertaDecember 19, 2015
Worked at Agrium for six months on a contract basis, hired primarily as a consultant for the RFP, Contract and award stages of the project.
Day
Process Operator (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 28, 2015
Work days seemed to go by quickly as we were busy in the Utilities department and granulation/ammonia plants. People were fantastic to work with and had a great working relationship with management. Natural gas prices led the plant to do serious cutbacks at the time. Would work for them again.
Lots of responsibility rewarded with good pay, bonus and benefits
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Redwater, ABNovember 15, 2015
Pros: staff had sense of strong community and pulled together when things needed to get done.
Cons: Unplanned outages and turnarounds required 12 hour days 6 days a week for long periods.
Enjoyed managing Materials Management group but found it difficult to supervise 22 people in 2 diverse areas namely Purchasing and warehousing. There were no supervisor or lead hand in either group. All 22 were direct reports. Age of the plant required annual turnarounds lasting upwards of 45 days usually during the summer which made it difficult to plan summer vacation for staff.

Supervisor of group reported directly to site management and indirectly to Corporate Materials Management in Calgary. Often there were conflicts in priorities and measures.

Company has strong safety program, benefits and social programs such as United Way.
Social, fun and chalenging
Business Intelligence Analyst (Co-op) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
Company supports employees to develop themselves. (meetings, workshops, events and trainings)
There are so many social activities to meet with people
Good corporate culture
Positive atmosphere, great, healthy place to work
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Clavet, SKOctober 22, 2015
Loved the job, the people were great to work for, fun, positive atmosphere, unfortunate it was only seasonal, would consider full time if available.
Awesome Place
Office Manager (Former Employee), Granum, AlbertaOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Wages
Cons: Long Spring Hours
I loved going to work at Agrium. Our plant was located in the small hamlet of Granum. It was very busy, and I enjoyed all of the farmers and truck divers that I got to deal with on a daily basis. I had a lot of responsibilities at the plant, as the office manager, environment coordinator, as well as the weighing in and out of all trucks. It was an amazing place to work.
good place to work
labour (Former Employee), albertaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: great pay good hours
Cons: to far away from home
good place to work great co workers and boss friendly a good training system. always the chance for over time . christmas bonuses,
great people to work with
Material Management Technician (Former Employee), Carseland, AB. CanadaJune 12, 2015
I love this place, the people i can to meet are friends for life.
A great Place to grow and feel like working in a team environment.
A little unorganized at times(management) to many meetings not enough actions. Overall great atmosphere. Would go back in a heartbeat!
Process Operator (Former Employee), Redwater, ABApril 20, 2015
- I enjoyed working with other employees, during my time.
- Some days the work would be physically demanding, but would be manageable do to the teamwork environment. We always helped each other out.
Fun and Friendly place to work
Senior SAP Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Calgary ABFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: family oriented
Agrium was one of the best companies that I ever had the pleasure to work. They value your hard work but above all, They are family oriented. I miss working for Agrium.
Great experience, great place to work.
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Carseland, AlbertaNovember 24, 2014
I enjoyed my time here, great people, good safe work environment, and really good experience. The new CEO seems a little self centered and is only thinking about making money this second and not thinking long term but otherwise great company.
Good company to work for
Full-time Employee (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 14, 2014
Good company that is trying to manage work/life balance.
Diversified skill sets required
Co-workers are engaged
They have a new building coming up that looks very nice.
A very good place to work.
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2014
Pros: management is very understanding
Cons: company is in a transition phase
I would like to rate Agrium 9 out of a scale of 10.My Overall experience with Agrium has been very good. I would rate Agrium to be a good place to work with.
CPS
Retail Branch Manager (Former Employee), AlbertaOctober 6, 2014
Would rate it lower than 1 star if it was possible on management.
Very stuck in thier ways
Loss Prevention Coordinator (Former Employee), Redwater, ABFebruary 9, 2014
Plant is in shambles, good people and good company to work for.
Productive working environment with great supervision
Co-op Finance Program Management Office (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2013
Cultivated project management skills throughout my work experience and acquired skills to design new ideas and execute them efficiently.
Finished the Library project on time
Tax Department & Library (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2013
Pros: free snack
Cons: extra work
My co- workers was very good person and she like worked with me, because we always done on time and the boss likes it
Company pays well, good benifits, but I never know when i will get to go home at the end of the day. We are asked almost every day if we can stay late
Millwright (Current Employee), Redwater, ABJune 4, 2013
Pros: very good with training.
Cons: poor planning
Looking for a cleaner work place, and a place with more leadership.
More structure to hours of work, not fly by the seat of our pants mentality on a day to day basis.
Would like to work for a company that has a very consistent and reliable operation, to improve my work / life balance.
Excellent people to work with, productive and safe.
Surface Surveyor (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: there were free lunches and team building events.
Cons: long hours but living out of town.
I worked as a surface pit surveyor taking topos of the pit and plotting it with a GPS and data collector. I picketed dig limits, blast holes, grade, toes and crests. I learned how to use the software Surpac. Management was well organised and wasn't afraid to speak to anyone. My co-workers were great to work with and wish that I was still working with them. The hardest part of the job was that I lived 45 minutes away from Kapuskasing plus a 1 hour bus ride away to the mine. I worked 12 hours days but it really came up to about 15 hours by the time I would get back home. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that Agrium worked very hard on team building and I got to meet new people that worked for the mine.