AGRIUM INC Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
this is the time of my career when I learned about being a process operator and the value of safety which has served me well all my career
Process Operator (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABOctober 30, 2014
Pros: i could go home every night as this part of my career was when my kids were still very young
Cons: i worked shift work and weekends and i missed much of the kids growing up
I learned much as a process operator at Agrium as this was my first job as a process operator. I was introduced to vessels of all types and pumps and high horsepower centrifigal steam driven compressors which would help me much in the hydrogen units and compressors at syncrude and albian sands. I also used what I learned in the urea plant to commission 2 fertilizer units in Egypt for 1 year. I worked on a great team at Agrium and they all, and management were very helpful when I had questions about the process and in the initial learning stage of the various posts. I would say that the hardest part of the job was the learning as there was much information to memorize but with the manuals and people that couched me I actually enjoyed it.
Overall a great company to work for.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Redwater, ABMay 27, 2014
We would start the day with having a safety meeting. Work orders were handed out and off we would go. Being an administrative assistant is always fast paced and hectic at times. But I loved that. I enjoyed being able to provide support to the Management team and my co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping to ensure all my co-workers went home safely.
Good Company
Global Banking and Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary ABMarch 6, 2014
Great Location, Good People, Great Benefits. Learnt a lot of new skills.
Piping Draftsperson
Piping Draftsperson (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2014
• Agrium Inc., Underground Project (Red Water, Alberta) – Piping Draftsperson - Created new underground piping drawings, MCT for underground services according to original and as built information
A strong company financially with opportunity for advancement
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2014
The 3 years spent at Agrium were enjoyable, challenging and overall a great experience. I would recommend this company to anyone if they are looking for a new challenge.
Really awesome place to work
Analyst ( SAP Basis Team) (Former Employee), calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2013
great people, great events, great culture. Really enjoyed working here and everyone treated you with respect.
Good pay, poor management, old school mentality.
operator (Former Employee), Redwater, ABFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: great co-workers. good pay and benefits.
Cons: management and h&r are for the company not the workers.
Agrium preaches preemptive maintenance but we were always fighting to get things fixed, very unsafe practices that way. Plus every year I was there(5 years), they put more accountability on the operators while making little change to improve equipment. The plants were old and run down but management would make operators sign WHAT cards and procedures, holding us responsible for any incident while taking no responsibility or having any accountability themselves. Some supervisors are old school and would yell and swear at you and even name call. Honesty was a huge problem throughout the company. Your told from the begining , go to H&R, your days are numbered. H&R is for the company not the worker.
difficult but enjoyable atmosphere
Environmental Engineering Co-Op Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 20, 2012
There are many pieces to a chemical plant and everyone has their part to play. Wonderful people and a great company to work for.