Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Employee Reviews

Productive workplace and friendly employees
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 June 2017
I was a lab assistant for one of their research scientists. Everyone was friendly and professional. The work hours were not too long, making it a low stress environment.
Productive, active and fun workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 June 2017
It was a nice and fun workplace for people . It was a good chance to improve practical knowledge and experience. Working with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada extensively improved my communication, data management and statistical analysis skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with huge data that surprising results could be generated from them.
Good and friendly place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2017
I am very happy with the co-workers. They are friendly and everyone works hard. I have obtained great experiences and hope this would be a good beginning for having a permanent job in the field of Biotechnology in future. Food is important and having good and healthy food is our goal for future Canadian, when the natural resources may limit. I am looking forward to find a new position in this department.
Nice People, Interesting Work
GIS Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 April 2017
The workplace is incredibly friendly, everyone is happy and willing to pass down years of knowledge and experience with new and student employees. I would be happy to return back to work with this group.
Government envitronment
GIS programmer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2017
A very secure job if you have a per ornament position.
Self-paced working schedule and time management. Government workplace culture. Legacy technology.
Quality Experience with good pay, but some hiccups
Research Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 April 2017
The pay was very competitive. We had lots of free lunches. Very good experience. Pay centre was atrocious, didn't get paid sometimes. Admin staff rude
Pros
Competitive Pay. Great Experience. Lots of Free lunches
Cons
Bureaucracy was slow. Admin staff were rude
Federal Government
Exp Farm Intergrated Growth Facilities Tech (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 March 2017
After working over 15 yrs for the federal government, I have been through so many ups and downs. Seen so many changes. Worked along side or under so many great and not so great people, and gained so much knowledge thus far.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no comment
Relaxed, and productive work environment
Laboratory Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Harrow, ON8 February 2017
It was easy to get into a workflow. The culture was very inclusive. It was in a very small town, a more populated area would have been nice. There were significant issues with compensation, but in the end they were resolved.
Typical day
Junior Sorghum and Pearl Millet Breeder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 January 2017
Access to work is easy by bus, regular 37.5 hour work week unless there are matters needed to attend to during planting time and harvest time or if data collection needs to be taken on weekends. Reach work around 8-9 (flexible) and leave at 5 or 3:30. Enjoyed working in agriculture, it includes working in labs, greenhouses and in field plots. Everyone was very kind and respectful.
Extremely welcoming, fun, challenging, and relaxed workplace
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Agassiz, BC17 January 2017
All my review is based on the Agassiz research center.

Ag Canada is an extremely fun workplace (especially for student workers) and a challenging one depending on your passion/abilities and who you work for. I was fortunate enough to work under a researcher that helped me grow exponentially, but I have seen other students do mostly physical labour work. Work culture is relaxed and professional at the same time. The management encourages lots of communication between all of the employees, and a social committee holds lots of sports and social events. The most enjoyable and hardest part of the job is that it is challenging. Most scientists working there are world-class scientists in their respective fields, and thus expects the highest quality work at all times. This is no easy feat, but also comes with a rewarding feeling.

The only problem I found working at the Agassiz research center is that it is too remote.
To become stronger people and education oriented
Sustainability Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 December 2016
Sharing personal ideas, to become stronger people and education oriented comes from own core values and experiences gained through my life journey.The purpose of existence is to achieve a good balance using advantage project life-cycle as one of tools within teamwork. Teamwork means sharing constraints about scope, time and budget and how to complete the project successfully. Never give up even the initial attempt fails to get there as teamwork, trust needs to be earned over time.Trust, dedication and self-confidence are key success factors that involve fundamental changes in the way of life accountability and how team proceeds together through entire value chain. Thus, it is only worth doing business if the benefits are shared.
Pros
good people
Is batter in canada
Agriculture (Former Employee) –  Algerine Shore, NS22 November 2016
A LOVE WORK IN CANADA A HAVE EXPERIONS This topic company produces a local production and inadequate for export but there are no possibilities, means and shortage of labor and the state's refusal to support for the company Astarvi this topic
Pros
Annual output
Cons
14 Hours
Enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon SK20 May 2016
I met a lot of great people through this experience, working in research was challenging, but also a great way to build team skills and research techniques.
productive
Laboratory assistant and technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2016
A lot of chances to grow networking, more learning opportunities, will get hands on experience, as a casual if you take leave you will not get any payment.
Pros
hands on eperience
Cons
not good salary for casual workers but still good for experience
Great environment
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2016
I enjoy my job very much!
The people are great the work is fast paced. Its a very driven role where you must learn to multi task and work under pressure at times.
Great Place to Gain Experience
Travel Arranger/Admin (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 November 2015
I have worked off and on here for numerous years. It has always been an amazing learning experience, and although I haven't gotten a permanent job as it is difficult to obtain it is always a great place to gain skills.
Pros
stable, set schedule, good pay
Cons
location, lack of public postings
Fast paced and challenging
User Support Analyst / Systems Tester (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba29 September 2015
Enjoyable for the most part, challenging, constantly changing priorities so flexibility, adaptability, tact and judgement is key.
Productive and relax working environment
Research Assistant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB24 August 2015
The big plan was assigned at the beginning of each fiscal year, so everybody knows what to do in the coming year.
I learned how to communicate with other person better due to my job requires a lot of cooperation。
The co-workers here are kind, so the working environment is quite comfrotable.
productive place
mail clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2015
good job security
Monday to Friday
good pension plan
good place for advancement
up to 6 weeks holiday
there is a lot to learn in a days work
Pros
work inside
Cons
really mondain job
I reported directly to the Chairman. I had control of all operational, budget and database issues.
Acting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 June 2015
Very interesting work. Learnt a lot.
Made travel arrangements, schedule.
Updated database as needed.
Wrote operational procedures.
Participated in HR interviews for Agriculture Canada.
Hired personnel.
Interpreted acts and regulations.
Prepared decisions and typed up reasons.
Created a dictionnary of terms for the tribunal.
Pros
Very busy. Learnt new acts and regulations, dealt with customers across Canada.