Agri-Trend Data Corp is a leader in data management software for agriculture. (www.agridatasolution.com ) Based in Calgary, AB our focus is to provide the most comprehensive data management systems in the market for Growers, Retailers, and Food Processors. Agri-Trend™ Data Corp is part of the Agri-Trend Group of Companies (www.agritrend.com ) offering professional agronomic, marketing and business consulting services across Canada, as well as, in Montana and Australia.
We are currently looking for a full time junior/intermediate web developer to join our team. This individual should be self motivated, a quick learner and passionate about the web and new technologies. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and superb customer service. They will work well within both a team setting and when solving problems on their own. Attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects under tight timelines is a must. A background in agriculture and understanding of current North American farming practices would be considered a great asset in this role.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Providing support and maintenance on our existing web applications.
- Documenting code and creating end user documentation.
- Interfacing with our customers to understand, analyze and document new requirements.
- Develop, test and deploy new modules into our applications.
Technical Requirements are:
- B.Sc. CPSC or equivalent
- Competent in Object Oriented Programming, and an excellent understanding of n-tiered development.
- Experience with ASP.NET, C#, Web Services
- Experience with MS SQL, Creating Data Models and writing Transact SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Source Safe, Subversion
- Experience with Windows Server and IIS
- An interest or experience with WPF, Silverlight, Expression Blend
- An interest or experience with mobile development for WM, Blackberry or IPhone.
- An interest or experience in creating cutting edge GUIs using the latest web technologies.
Benefits of Agri-Trend Data Corp:
- A progressive company with plenty of room for growth for motivated individuals.
- Excellent leadership with many years of technical and business experience.
- Cutting edge technologies and industry leader in the field of Agricultural Data Management.
- Competitive Salary and benefits.
- Salary commensurate with experience
To apply for this position please provide your Resume and Cover Letter. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. References will be required for all candidates selected for an interview.