- Responsible for carrying out a diverse range of microbiological activities; ensure all duties and responsibilities are fulfilled with accuracy and efficiency within projected time and budget without compromising quality.
- Demonstrate evidence-based research, employ DoE principles in experimental design and thoroughly analyze experimental data using sound statistical methods and achieves consistent and reproducible processes and methods.
- Demonstrate strong hands-on skills in molecular biology, biochemistry and microbiology techniques and must have proven historical success in characterization and taxonomic identification of the microorganisms including bacteria, yeast, and fungi, and respective genetic traits.
- Responsible for identifying key variables using sound screening methods and utilizes the selected variables in optimization studies either in flask format or research fermenters. Must choose appropriate variables required for process optimization of cryopreservation, seed culture development, fermentation, centrifugation, desiccation and formulation of various live microbial-based products. Demonstrate employing engineering principles in scaling up the research processes to commercial scale equipment.
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in employing ICH principles and guidelines in assay development and validation.
- Explore the current art, document newly developed innovative methods and findings into patentable or publishable manuscript formats. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Identify incidents and non-conformances; escalate as appropriate to the operational manager.
- Document new and standardized methods into dossier, production outlines, SOPs and batch production records.
- Responsible for preparing monthly reports, presentation of results to the management, and participate in prioritization exercises as well as talent acquisition.
- Train newly hired laboratory staff and existing staff on new equipment and procedures. Participate in proficiency programs, projects, internal or external audits, and meetings when required.
- Suggest suitable instruments for research and process development work and be able to define the functional and user requirement specifications. Must be able to develop CAPEX requests with strong justification for the need and for capital investiture.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Demonstrate knowledge of good microbiological practices including aseptic technique, and safe handling and disposal of microbiology-derived material and wastes, respectively.
- Available for on-call duties and willing to work late hours and/or on weekends.
- Ph.D. in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Process Sciences or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of previous experience in an academic or industrial microbiology laboratory. Candidates with M.Sc. in above disciplines with a minimum of 8 years of experience may also apply.
- Must have demonstrated success in developing and implementing molecular methods, fermentation of microbial biomass or microbial-derived products in suitable equipment. Successful candidates will have published manuscripts in peer reviewed academic journals covering one or more of the technical competencies required for this role.
- WHMIS training.
- May require lifting weights of up to 50 pounds and handling of biohazardous materials/chemicals/reagents.
Indeed - 30+ days ago