- Responsible for carrying out a diverse range of microbiological activities; ensure all duties and responsibilities are fulfilled with accuracy and efficiency within projected time and budget without compromising quality.
- Demonstrate evidence-based research, employment of DoE principles in experimental design and thoroughly analyze experimental data using sound statistical methods and achieves consistent and reproducible processes and methods.
- Demonstrate strong hands-on genotyping and phenotyping skills using molecular biology, biochemistry and microbiology techniques and must have proven historical success in characterization and taxonomic identification of the microorganisms including bacteria, yeast, and fungi, and respective genetic traits.
- Responsible for executing DoE experiments either in flask format or research fermenters.
- Explore the current art, document newly developed innovative methods and findings into patentable or publishable manuscript formats. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Perform manual and automated testing in accordance with AgraCity’s standard operating procedures under the direct supervision of a scientist or the Head of Agricultural Biologicals.
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in executing ICH principles and guidelines in assay development and validation.
- Identify incidents and non-conformances; escalate as appropriate to operational manager.
- Document new and standardized methods into dossier, production outlines, SOPs and batch production records.
- Suggest suitable instruments for research and process development work, and be able to define the functional and user requirement specifications. Must be able to develop CAPEX requests with strong justification for the need and for capital investiture.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Demonstrate knowledge of good microbiological practices including aseptic technique, and safe handling and disposal of microbiology-derived material and wastes.
- Available for on-call duties and willing to work late hours and/or on weekends.
- Master of Science in Microbiology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Life Sciences or equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated success in developing and implementing molecular methods in characterization of microorganisms, fermentation of microbial biomass or microbial-derived products in suitable equipment. Having research publications in peer reviewed journals is an asset.
- WHMIS training.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience in an academic or industrial microbiology laboratory is a must.
- May require lifting weights of up to 50 pounds and handling of biohazardous materials/chemicals/reagents.
Prospective applicants may submit their resume with a cover letter specifically stating their competencies in Microbiology and Molecular Biology as well as the source of the job posting. Please email your application to the Hiring Manager no later than 4:00 PM on Feb 28, 2014. Only successful candidates with legal work status in Canada may be contacted.
Indeed - 30+ days ago