- Responsible for carrying out a diverse range of microbiological activities; ensuring all duties and responsibilities are fulfilled with accuracy and efficiency within projected time and budget without compromising quality.
- Demonstrate evidence-based research, employment of DoE principles in experimental design and thoroughly analyze experimental data using sound statistical methods and achieves consistent and reproducible processes and methods.
- Demonstrate strong hands-on genotyping and phenotyping skills using molecular biology, biochemistry and classical microbiology techniques and must have proven historical success in characterization and taxonomic identification of the microorganisms including bacteria, yeast, and fungi, and respective genetic and phenotypic traits.
- Responsible for executing DoE experiments either in flask format or research fermenters.
- Explore the prior art and document newly developed processes and methods into patentable or publishable manuscript formats. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Perform manual and automated testing in accordance with AgraCity’s standard operating procedures under the direct supervision of a scientist or the Head of Agricultural Biologicals.
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in method development and validation using ICH principles and guidelines.
- Identify incidents and non-conformances; escalate as appropriate to operational manager.
- Document new and standardized methods into dossier, production outlines, SOPs and batch production records.
- Suggest suitable instruments for research and process development work, and be able to define the functional and user requirement specifications. Must be able to develop CAPEX requests with strong justification for the need and for capital investiture.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Demonstrate strong experience in good microbiological practices including aseptic technique, safe handling and disposal of microbiology-derived material and wastes.
- Available for on-call duties and willing to work late hours and/or on weekends.
- Master of Science in Microbiology or equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated success in the form of peer reviewed research publications in reputed journals is an asset.
- A minimum of 4 years of industry experience in the field of microbiology is a must.
- May require lifting weights of up to 50 pounds and handling of biohazardous materials/chemicals/reagents.
Instructions to Applicants:
Prospective applicants may submit their resume with a cover letter specifically stating their competencies in Molecular Microbiology and Classical Microbiology. Applicants should also provide a list of all peer reviewed published manuscripts in the resume and at least three references of their supervisors.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for the selection process.
Please email your application to the Hiring Manager no later than 4:00 PM on May 30, 2014. Only successful candidates with legal work status in Canada may be contacted.