Agilent

Agilent Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Inventory Controll
Inventory Controll (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great people to work for
Cons: temp agency
Originally hired as Material Handler/Shipping, Receiving Assistant in a calibration department dealing with repairs and data entry responsible for creating RMA allocating and shipping units in MFG PRO and SIEBEL. Also moving units to difference areas as needed. Performed visual inspection checking for missing accessories and dents and move units for – more... calibration by placing them in a WIP location until completed. Dealt with any discrepancies relating to travelers and once completed and released by technician I ship7 units as required. Handled purchase orders, returns, stock, ordering of new parts and cycle counts. – less
Traditional busy restaurant
Front desk (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTJanuary 4, 2014
All I’ve ever learnt about hospitality business I learnt it there. Little place with the owner a head waiter and between 1 and 3 fill-in shift waiters. Usually we had a large amount of regular customers but also quite a lot of events such as company meals.

There was a great team working there, sadly the restaurant went out of business due economical – more... crisis. – less
Busy multicultural office environment
Front desk (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTJanuary 4, 2014
As a Corporate greeter I received business visits maintaining security and courtesy corporate standards. I worked with all business departments helping to ease up their activity anticipating their needs and helping in any administrative matter I was asked to handle.
I was also the person responsible for managing office facilities.
Mentally stimulating work place and cross-team learning
Wireless Business Development Engineer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 2, 2014
Agilent is a great place to start your career. I daily learn a lot about wireless technologies, customers, marketing, business development, and sales. The best part of working in the company for me is the customer base I work with, the challenges in my work profile, and my co-workers who I learn from on a daily basis. A very collaborative working environment.
Team acquired form Agilent
R&D Software Engineer (Former Employee), SingaporeDecember 19, 2013
No difference from an engineer's standpoint. Financially volatile company. Lots of acquisitions and lay offs.
Working as SE Regional Key Account Manager
SE Regional Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2013
Enjoyed working independently, traveling six states, selling our drug testing supplies to the criminal justice system and other drug free workplaces. Also the training on how to use our supplies.
Good work life Balance
Finance Program Specialist (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRDecember 4, 2013
First Organization of Career so cannot compare with outside world.
Great Company with very good benefits
Manufacturing Technician Coordinator Test/Repair (Former Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 3, 2013
A company that allowed me opportunities to succeed and grow my abilities beyond what I was hired for.
Work culture is good..
R & D Engineer (Current Employee), Manesar, HaryanaDecember 1, 2013
It is a good place to work for. I have learned a lot here. I have enhanced my personal as well as my technical skills here.
Management and co-worker are very good, They always supported me in my lags and appraised me in my leads.

The most enjoyable part is the work culture. we can easily manage between our personal and professional life.
Large company, very well managed, global with tremendous opportunities for growth
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), Liberty Lake, WANovember 26, 2013
Pros: big portfolio, autonomous operation, extensive specialized training
Cons: travel and long hours
With Agilent, my entire stretch of employment was at the corporate level. I managed several commodities in support of facilities around the world.

My days consisted of supplier selection, supplier qualification, supplier development, product sourcing, contract negotiation, contract and supply chain management, third party logistics and problem solving – more... with constant team building integrated into the process.

With respect to management as mentioned earlier, Agilent Technologies, was a well managed company having spun off from Hewlett-Packard.

My personal management involved leading the team, which consisted of Engineers and Procurement Specialist form the various division supported by the commodity I was managing at the time. My management responsibility also consisted of presenting the teams performance metrics to the Group Managers, Corporate Manufacturing and Procurement Managers on a quarterly bases.

As part of this process I held the responsibility of facilitating the development of team objectives, the team mission statement, which the objectives were designed to support. I also held the responsibility for developing team based performance and compensation reviews.

The most challenging would be the travel. There was pretty close to 60% travel.

What I enjoyed most was ensuring my team was empowered to do their jobs, meeting our team developed objectives, being appreciated and saving lots of money the team objective was 8 - 10% per year. we never missed it. – less
Great benefits and compensation. Good managers. Growth oppotunities
DATACENTER ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 25, 2013
Great benefits and compensation. Good managers. Growth oppotunities
Won't find another like it
R&D Buyer (Former Employee), Liberty Lake, WANovember 21, 2013
I don't believe I will find another company that paid and treated their employees any better, but just like many other big business' they sent manufacturing overseas in order to stay competitive which left me out of work.
Hard work but enjoyable.
Clinical Market Development Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 8, 2013
Pros: good environment to work in
Cons: sometimes there is lack of focus and slow project execution
My job is very demanding and requires travel. Travel is 50-60% of the job. I wear different hats. evaluate customer requirements. Develop collaborations. Technical discussions. provide Agilent solutions.
Excellent place to intern
Technical Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAOctober 30, 2013
Agilent treats their interns very well; all interns are given specific personal projects to own and complete. The T&M business is generally much less hectic than consumer electronics, so most of the people working there are very laid back and have plenty going on in life besides their jobs.

One thing to be aware of is that some big-time restructuring – more... (as in a company split) is on the horizon. – less
Productive work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), ManesarOctober 24, 2013
Pros: mobile and internet benfits
Cons: na
Learned new things and added value to my exceutive profile .

Learned presales process.
Is fair company to work for.
Manufacturing Operation specialist (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 17, 2013
This company is good work for ,because they all way be fair for employee & alls way 5s program and implement the system.
Fun loving workplace
Service & Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HROctober 16, 2013
Nice company to work nice work environment, good hikes in appraisal . Employee friendly
Good place to work overall
Bid Consultant/Subcontractor (Current Employee), home officeSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: home office, flexible work hours
Cons: no benefits, no opportunity for advancement unless i am willing to move.
I am currently a subcontractor and I work from a home office. It has been a wonderful opportunity and offers a lot of flexibility. My kids are almost fully grown now though and I am attempting to plan ahead for a more challenging opportunity.
Contractor (Former Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 18, 2013
My co workers wee great and the atmosphere was casual business.
productive and fun place to work
Production Manufacturing Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: no cons
In a clean room I visual inspected 900+ slides daily, Shipped 10K Monthly with 0 returns. Updated monthly and daily spreadsheets for completed slides. Trained co-worker on process of dispensing, toluene, RBS wash, plasma, pocket tape and packaging.
I learned everything in the clean room.
management was good, co-workers were fun to work with.
the hardest – more... part of the job was if I had a cold it was hard to breath with a mask on.
the enjoyable part of my job was getting our shipments out. – less

About Agilent

Products from Agilent Technologies have a measurable effect on the scientific world. A leading maker of scientific testing equipment, – Read more

Agilent Photos