Agilent

Agilent Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Is fair company to work for.
Manufacturing Operation specialist (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 17, 2013
This company is good work for ,because they all way be fair for employee & alls way 5s program and implement the system.
Fun loving workplace
Service & Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HROctober 16, 2013
Nice company to work nice work environment, good hikes in appraisal . Employee friendly
Good place to work overall
Bid Consultant/Subcontractor (Current Employee), home officeSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: home office, flexible work hours
Cons: no benefits, no opportunity for advancement unless i am willing to move.
I am currently a subcontractor and I work from a home office. It has been a wonderful opportunity and offers a lot of flexibility. My kids are almost fully grown now though and I am attempting to plan ahead for a more challenging opportunity.
Contractor (Former Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 18, 2013
My co workers wee great and the atmosphere was casual business.
productive and fun place to work
Production Manufacturing Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: no cons
In a clean room I visual inspected 900+ slides daily, Shipped 10K Monthly with 0 returns. Updated monthly and daily spreadsheets for completed slides. Trained co-worker on process of dispensing, toluene, RBS wash, plasma, pocket tape and packaging.
I learned everything in the clean room.
management was good, co-workers were fun to work with.
the hardest – more... part of the job was if I had a cold it was hard to breath with a mask on.
the enjoyable part of my job was getting our shipments out. – less
mechanical engineering career at Agilent
Manufacturing Engineer, Automation Production (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 22, 2013
Like any other large company, there were a lot of ups and downs. When I was hired Agilent Automation Solutions (AAS) was doing well. At the end of my tenure (3 years later), a lot of people and management began to leave for other endeavors.

the hardest part of the job was trying to communicating with everyone, and I literally mean everyone (Santa Clara – more... to Singapore).

The best part was the work/life where your work doesn't need to be followed home, unless you want to. Getting to know everyone in all departments is great and socializing with them was the best part. – less
Best Place to Work
GCMS-GCMsMS-GCQTOF Expert -TRAINEER (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHAugust 17, 2013
Pros: best place to work
Cons: nothing
Best Place to Work.
Lot of Automation on every front.
Supporting Management.
Supporting Colleagues
There is no hard work if you enjoy what you do.
Great team
Functional consultant (Implementation and QA) (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 12, 2013
Good team Work,
good collaboration with other teams
Good Amenities
Agilent Summary
Senior Web Producer - SEO PPC Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 8, 2013
Web Producer working with a global, cross-functional team of marketing stakeholders, designers and coders delivering and managing a Fortune 500 global website that provides effective worldwide e-marketing, e-commerce programs and product pages and support for an expanding group of products. Routinely met the company strategic goals of greater brand – more... awareness, increased product sales and higher customer retention. – less
EE intern, best company ever
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: every single thing
Cons: bay area traffic is the pits
I was an intern at Agilent for 6 months at the Santa Clara site. I have since been working at another company (location reasons) and I now realize how amazing Agilent was.

Everybody there is respectful, intelligent, willing to teach, and willing to listen to what everybody (including the little fish) has to say.

Super flexible work hours (Some days – more... I came in at 9am, some days 4:30am), and my boss was just the best.

For interns, they pay you 2 hours a week to sit around and talk with the other interns, and they even send you on all expenses paid trips (with fleet cars) to other Agilent locations, just to see what's there.

I can't wait until the day I can return. Seriously, this was a great company. Did I mention they have basketball courts and a garden cafeteria on the roof? – less
Good Company To Grow With
Call Center/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 6, 2013
Pros: policies were set and worked well
Cons: too far from home
This was my first office job as an order manager. I was the middle-man for communication about orders for a specific region.
Production lab very focused work but rewarding at end of day
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Newport, DEAugust 5, 2013
Pros: we where allowed to leave building for lunch and all breaks
Cons: no pay raises
Each day at work was like a surprise you never knew what you mightface . the work is very tedious and you must at all times remain focused, the slighted area could cost consumers and company large sums of money. Everyday with chemistry you learn something new. The co-workers where great and where always there to lead a hand. that was great ,we always – more... somehow found ways to make each other laugh and smile boy did that make the day.Each day we where responsible for many task but the most difficult one for me was pouring a 40lb bottle of chemicals overhead in a glass dome, that was tough! – less
Productive and fun work place
BI Developer+ SQL DBA (Former Employee), ManesarJuly 31, 2013
Awesome work environment and good learning, friendly nature og the colleagues.
A nice place to work
Inbound Logistic Cost Analyst (Former Employee), YishunJuly 31, 2013
Pros: flexible working hour if needed / tea break @ 3.30pm
Cons: manager remotely located in different country
Alignment between regional objective with local management is a challenge especially cost saving initiatives and projects. Having a supportive counterpart and manager from remote is important.
 Receipt of Trade stock from factories/godown & despatch to different locations located in India.  Collections Management  Process Improvements and
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 24, 2013
 Successfully provided support to 15 associates on the floor to handle pre-order, post order inquiry of customers, and provide weekly feedback for low performers to improve the quality of emails.
 Extended key assistance in scheduling and time management.
 Enhanced customer relations through appropriate product and service recommendations establishing – more... customer’s goals and objectives.
 Provided significant content based knowledge and worked successfully as SME to help recruits on the floor. – less
Good company to work
Executive (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 17, 2013
Pros: free transport, employee friendly
Cons: hired as contractual
Good company to work. Unfortunately i joined as contractual so had to leave less then a year

lot of new applications / software to work on
Was a great place, but getting worse over time.
Digital ASIC Design Engineer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 3, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: let respect for employees as time goes by.
I have seen a lot of changes as Agilent with regards to how the employees are treated, and none of the changes are good. They are striving to be a mediocre company with mediocre pay, but they want top-notch engineers. Good luck with that.

It is still a great place to learn, with a lot of talented people.
Great place to work. They challenge their employees and recognize them for their achievements regularly
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJune 27, 2013
Pros: autonomy, challenges
Cons: sharp learning curve with little guidance
A typical work day consists of pulling financial information for various controllers. Whether that be orders, revenue or even gross margin and growth rates.

I learned the ins and out of excel, how to work across many different personalities and cultures as well as how what I learned in school works in a real business environment.

learned what type – more... of management style I like and what I type I would like to work with in the future.

How to build a network and use my resources to critically think about a problem and then solve it.

learning and adjusting to the work style. I moved from a very rigid and structured work environment to having a lot of autonomy. I needed to figure out how to build my network or resources and think very critically in solving problems.

The most enjoyable part of my job was learning and being able to be challenged. These challenges allowed my learning curve to spike. – less
HP spinoff that did not last long..lots of turmoil until company purchased by Philips Healthcare
Quality Specialist II - clinical investigations (Former Employee), Andover, MAJune 26, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: navigating big corporation politics was cumbersome
Agilent was a spinoff of HP.
I set up clinical trials per project, so I had an end game coordination position. I prepared agreements for customers and followed a strict schedule of delivery of products for the trials. The project teams were responsible to get the products ready, held to a strict schedule. My day was very busy, from meetings to memoes – more... or verbal communications. My co-workers were awesome and did their required function within the project teams. The hardest part of the job was ensure the team kept to schedule. Sometimes a team member did not complete their share in the allotted time. This made the entire team fall apart. I often found myself jumping in to complete others responsiblities. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with customers and hearing great things about our products. – less
Agilent
Process Operator (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 24, 2013
Pros: general work environment, people, training.
Cons: long hours and highly repetitive work.
I didn't work here for too long, but during that time I was given good training and access to plenty of additional training material which was great. The people I worked with had their ups and downs like most places but were mostly good-natured and easy to get along with. I attended regular meetings that allowed and encouraged employee input and management – more... seemed to listen to what was on their employees' minds. – less

About Agilent

Products from Agilent Technologies have a measurable effect on the scientific world. A leading maker of scientific testing equipment, – Read more

Agilent Photos