AGGREKO Employee Reviews

High Stress
Operations Co-ordinator/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB18 February 2017
Company is run under a very lean model making it a high overtime job with poor work life balance for technicians. It is HQ in the USA and no HR representation or senior leadership representation located in Canada. Salary is low balled due to the high overtime off set.

In 3.5 yrs, I had 2 weeks where I was not tied to my cell phone even when not on call and only because I was on an Island in the Caribbean.
Pros
Bonus structure if thresholds are met
Cons
long hours, poor senior leadership, no senior leadership representatives in Canada, No HR representation in Canada, No understanding of Canadian Apprenticeship model, no understanding of its requirements relating to salaries
Good group of guys
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 January 2017
Great fellow employees to work next to, the management has a lot to learn they don't take care of employees they look out for number one only. Wages have a lot to be desired they pay the lowest in the industry and the benefits are the same basic ones every other company gives out.
Pros
Other Employees
Cons
Management and Wages
European Owned company so very different way of doing business
Operations Coordinator for Husky Sunrise and Kearl (Current Employee) –  Husky Sunrise and Kearl30 July 2014
Their training doesn't exist. You are placed in the position and expected to teach yourself. It is a very "sink or swim" kind of attitude. The people are very friendly and safety conscience though. Very small representation in Canada so I learned a lot about other areas of the business because they didn't have staff for all those different roles. Hardest part is trying to learn their culture and business without the training or time to learn.
Pros
Company vehicle, Day work only
Cons
Camp jobs
generally good days
technician (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 December 2015
vast wealth of knowledge within co-workers, they are great to work with. I enjoy the variety of equipment that I get to work on. the hardest part of the job is being oncall all the time.
Pros
World wide organization
Cons
always on call