Agero

Agero Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast pace and constantly on the move
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Medford, MAMarch 25, 2014
-morning meeting
-checking emails
-returning the previous day phone calls
-print out client's case load
-calling client's and apologizing for lack of roadside service
-reviewing clientele codes and going over pending complaints
-discussing ways to implement service in order to make it more convenient and acceptable for clients and customers.
Excellent company to work for
Administrative Assistant for Director of Ops (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2014
Excellent company

Monthly QRP - non exempt

Yearly bonus - exempt

Medical

401K match up to 4%
Worth it if you're chosen
Roadside Assistant (Former Employee), Sebring, FLMarch 21, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits, relatively easy
Cons: stressful, short breaks, no bathroom breaks
A typical day in training is pretty boring. You stare at a computer for a long time and listen to your trainer tell you about stuff. When you start out on the floor it feels overwhelming at first but you have coaches and trainers there to help. They might seem unenthused to answer your questions but that's why they are there! (they also get an incentive – more... if you do well, so don't feel bad for using and abusing)

I learned many tricks and tips on how to ask customers their location, keep calls short, get the information you need, and document document document!

Management is a mixed bag. If you are friendly and have a good rapport they will pretty much accommodate you. We had a few girls who just kept playing hooky but told managers they were stressed and were allowed to come back. I was stressed beyond all measure, called out one day and I was told I could not come back.

Hardest part (if you're a smoker) is trying to fit a cigarette, bathroom, grabbing a drink, etc, in 10 minutes. Lunches are a half hour. If you have to use the bathroom you better hold it until its break time. You do get 3 breaks which are 10 minutes long, but sometimes they are scheduled oddly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people. That sense of satisfaction when you finally figure out where someone is, you finally secure service, etc is totally worth it. The pay is also really nice.

If you can keep your calls going through, everyone happy, and management likes you stick with it. I really wish I could come back. – less
STAY AWAY
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2014
Pros: small paycheck
Cons: micro managed, awful culture, company doesnt care about the customers nor their workers
Dispatcher position with Agero is extremely stressful and demanding and as an independent contractor working through Arise Virtual Solutions there is an unhealthy amount of micro managing and the company seems to care more about the quantity of calls each rep can produce at the expense of the quality of customer service provided to each customer. The – more... metrics are terribly unrealistic and the expectation to process a customers road svc rqst and dispatch service to a towing company within the 6 min we are alotted while demanding extraordinary service is too much stress for so little money. The company does not value their workers and this is only a hold over job if that. Agero was once named Cross Country and they had a bad reputation then and still do. Customers are stranded for hours in inclimate weather due to the company and their contracted tow companies negligence yet the dispatcher is the person being demeaned and screamed at over and over on each call. I am desperately in search of another opportunity as the stress is unbearable and this is the WORST job I have ever had. – less
What we did
Response Associate (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: low pay
Front end clerk, customer service oriented. Handled refunds, exchanges issues with credit cards. Helped out on the floor in the sales department when they were backed up. Assisted in the purchase of printer inks and photo cameras purchases as well as insurance.
its ok
customer service rep (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: their attendance policy
the job was ok till they didn't want to work with me about my son being sick and there attendance policy sucks
Clean work environment with caring people.
Response Associate (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: 3 10 minute breaks with 1/2 hour lunch. good medical benefits and accrual of paid time off hours.
Cons: average call duration
Agero is a good company to work for. You spend your time taking calls from customers of clients that are stranded on the roadside and in need of help. We gather pertinent information as quickly as possible while maintaining a reassuring demeanor for the customer with the goal to get help to the customer as quickly as possible. The people that work there – more... genuinely care and are passionate about the job they do. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a pleasant demeanor while stranded customers take their frustrations out on you. The mos enjoyable part of the job is hearing the reassurance in the customers voice when they realize help is on the way. – less
Great atmosphere extremely competitve.
Customer Service Representative/ Dispatcher (Former Employee), Sebring, FLJanuary 6, 2014
I loved this job. The company had amazing benefits and supervisors kept teams motivated with plenty of incentives.
Good starter job
Process sales and credit card information (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Meet nice people and enjoy your day wokout room. It was ok for a starter job
productive work place
Customer service rep (Current Employee), tucson azJanuary 2, 2014
Productive work environment. Friendly co workers. Great place to work, plenty of job opportunities and promotions from inside the company
Great Job If you can handle stress
Response Specialist II (Current Employee), Sebring, FLNovember 8, 2013
Good Pay. Not much oppurtunity for advancement.
Answer incoming phone calls and process the request needed by the customer.
get the job not the career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sebring, FLNovember 6, 2013
This Job is what you make of it. It is almost impossible to be fired and the work is not hard. That being said the smart and the motivated are not the ones in charge.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), SAULT STE MARIROctober 2, 2013
Pros: pay is great
STAFF ARE FRIENDLY YOU HELP PEOPLE, DISPATCH ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNOctober 2, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: continues change
The average day consist of taking phone calls from customers looking for Roadside assistance. We typically dispatch on average 50,000 Service providers on a daily bases to assist customers with flat tire changes, jumpstarts, and vehicle tow.

I have learned in the past 10 months that in order to motivate your employee's they need to feel secure in the – more... job and confident in their ability to perform. This comes through by proper management and building a strong cohesive team that can perform at its peak. The most challenge part of the job is ensuring the software is up to date which is beyond our control.

Overall it is a great place to work, though challenging, the reward of helping someone get service is the best part of the job. – less
Good company, bad TPL group
Technical Project Lead (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: tpl manager and other tpls were not supportive
I have worked as a TPL in this particular position in the Fed Dallas location. The overall organization is very good but the immediate TPL group was not. It was a very bad experience with them and I ended up resigning the position. I felt I would be stuck for a long while with a very bad manager whom I didn't have any respect for. She was a backstabbing – more... and dishonest person. – less
DID NOT LIKE THIS PLACE AT ALL
agent (Former Employee), tucson azSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: the spaced out break times throught the day, helps get you away from the computer and kind of makes the day go faster
Cons: too much to mention, basically everything else
FYI- Only gave 1 star because it was required that a rating was done, otherwise I would not have gave this place any stars. First of all, it took about 1 1/2 months to get hired due to their hiring process. Once hired, training class started about 2 weeks later. Training class seemed so unorganized, not sure if it was the instructor herself with her – more... constant side conversations about her personal life or the loud disturbing classmates. Some people need to focus and read to understand everything, but it was kind of hard to do so with all the loud talking of those who obviously understood the material. The instructor could have had a better handle on things in the classroom. After getting through the 2 weeks of classroom learning and getting onto the phones, that is where the stress began. Having to use all the info we learned or didn't learn in the classroom in a timely manor while on the phones dealing with irate, emotional, upset, etc customers who were in need of roadside assistance. There was a lot to deal with and became very stressful, especially when coming across a type of call that was not explained in the classroom. I personally believe our main goal should have been getting customers the help they needed without having to worry about the call time goal, but I guess the shorter the calls, the more calls they get, the more money is made for them. And if you can not make ACD goal they are quick to lead you down the hall of shame out the front door....which is very demeening. It was basically a succeed or fail kind of work place. Sure there were coaches around to help, but sometimes it felt like they were being burdened by our questions, or at least for me when they talked down on me and talked to me like I was stupid and should already know the answer....excuse me but that is your job, hence the title coaching!! Anyways enough of my rant, I am just glad I found out this job was not for me before I went any further.. – less
Change is the only thing certain
emergency response associate (Current Employee), Sebring, FLAugust 17, 2013
Pros: voluntary time off, bonuses
Cons: constantly being monitoried
Stressful job but do-able. Can't plan anything around this job as it is constantly changing. The pay was decent and there are plenty of opportunities for bonuses. My co-workers were the best part of my day.
Very supportive, family like work environment.
Vehicle Incident Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 2, 2013
Pros: regularly catered lunches, schedule flexibility, great managers, updated equipment
Cons: very strict on breaks/lunches
From the moment I began working at Agero, Inc., I noticed that every employee seemed to be walking around with a smile on his or her face. People seemed to actually enjoy their job! The management is by far the best that I have ever had the pleasure in working for. They were very supportive, understanding, and were willing to jump in and assist with – more... whatever was necessary to get the job done. I would most definitely recommend working for them to anyone! – less
Productive Busy Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sebring, FLJuly 10, 2013
Pros: periodic luncheons, overtime
Cons: short brakes
Overtime is great however, Agero at times has made it mandatory. There is no job security they view everyone as replaceable. And only those that are "liked" advanced.
In-call agent
Customer Service (Former Employee), Medford, MAJune 26, 2013
Pros: good start for a career
Cons: short lunches
Typical day of work is high volume incoming calls because the company was a third party for vehicle emergency services. I learned about insurance companies and towing services how they maneuver with one another. Management was great lots of work and dedication helped for raises and bonuses. Co-workers were all welcoming helped me with questions that – more... I didn't know and taught me from scratch. Hardest part of the job was maintaining a calm and professional voice regarding customers into accidents that are panicking and people that are late for work or certain events. Maintaining professionalism while calming the customer down while assuring their safeties. The most enjoyable part of the company was the bonuses and the growth of the company. – less

About Agero

For nearly 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving. And – Read more