Agero Employee Reviews in Canada

fun and enjoyable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONApril 4, 2016
I learned at this company how to deal with irrate customers as well as get people out of uncomfortable and scary situations. The hardest part of the job was listening to the angry customers when you were just trying to help them the best you could.
Pros
full time
Cons
rude customers
Typical day at work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONNovember 22, 2015
The job itself was less than thrilling, especially given that a lot of people didn't pay attention to what you were saying. Basically goes for the management as well. They continue to state that they're about customer service, but the actions they put their agents under makes you really wonder. The people you ended up working with made the job acceptable and even okay at times. Their HR (Human Resources) department is top notch, a woman in Human Resources thatworks there and is quite a nice lady and will do everything in her power to make things work for you and the company.

All in all, it's an okay place. Nothing spectacular, nothing awful.
Fun Place Tough To Hit Expectations
Customer Service Rep / Roadside Assistance (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONAugust 25, 2015
To many metrics to keep with to keep on the best pay scheme, but very nice supervisors and management, great place to work just tough.
More Pluses than minuses
Response Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONAugust 18, 2014
low pay but a decent benefit package
They did little things to make employees feel valued. Things like ice cream day when they brought ice cream in for everyone, grilled cheese day when the supes made us grilled cheese sandwiches

Minuses - short call time expectations, when all the caller knows is that they are on I-75 but not sure what state finding them is going to take more than allotted call time

the irate callers who sometimes make death threats

For me and I probably shouldn't say this the best part of the job was the crazy calls like a customer who broke a branch off a tree to use as a gear shuft
Easy (but monotonous) job and great benefits
Customer Service Representative, Team Mentor (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, ONAugust 14, 2014
Great place to work to get yourself on your feet. Plenty of time on the floor to be able to study and do homework during your shift so I was able to stay working throughout university and college. They are rather flexible with schedules and have a very awesome benefit package that makes up for the little over minimum wage salary.
Great for a call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste MarieJanuary 13, 2014
Agero strives to keep their employees happy. Flexible working hours, competitive pay and many many extras in recognition. A fun place to work
Very Company Orientated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONDecember 10, 2013
Co-Workers are Great. Most of the Supervisors are Fantastic, as management is always there to help, I can't say anything bad about the people, although some polices and procedures need to change to make the employment less stressful on the agent and to be treated with respect in all aspects of the agents job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. MarieJuly 31, 2013
Assist Americans with Roadside Assistance for Manufacture cars and Insurance company. It is a great starter job to help building the skills needed for future employment.
A fantastic workplace.
Call Associate (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 30, 2013
While I wasn't with Agero very long it was more a situation where the job didn't fit me personally. The workplace itself and people were amazing, and it was a very rewarding job. Their training is extensive and impressive, a good balance between classroom and on the job to help prepare anyone for on the floor calls helping customers. A typical day at work was pretty casual, you'd get there a bit early to prepare your station, talk with coworkers a bit, and then start the day on calls helping customers with various problems concerning their vehicles and/or insurance. The hardest part of the job is probably trusting your intuition for situations - what situation needs what service and what is most beneficial to the customer. The most enjoyable part is that satisfaction when you've helped someone and you can tell they're really grateful to have someone on the way.
Pros
free beverages, great benefits, many company held functions, flexible hours.
Cons
can be stressful, repetitive, and you don't move around a lot.
THE WORK AND THE CO-WORKERS WERE GREAT
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  SAULT STE. MARIE,ONT.April 23, 2013
CUSTOMER SERVICE, FULFILLING CUSTOMER NEEDS
I ENJOYED HELPING PEOPLE
COACHES WERE SUPPORTIVE
CO-WORKERS WERE GREAT AND ALSO SUPPORTIVE
I KNOW COMPUTERS BUT AM A 2 FINGERED TYPER AND MADE CALL TIMES LONGER
GOOD HRS LOTS OF OT AVAILABLE
Pros
helping people who are in dire need
Cons
typing ability
A typical day at work
Roadside Assistance Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie ONMarch 26, 2013
Would walk to work, put my lunch in the fridge, get myself a coffee in the break room, grab my gear from my locker and go to an available spot, and start taking calls. Would work through calls, getting assistance from helpful superiors when needed, and would go on my breaks. Was a stressful job, they never once said it wouldn't be but they do everything they can to make it as easy as possible to get through the day. Lots of rewards and positive reinforcement. I would have stayed if I could have. I would advise others to work there.
Pros
free coffee/hot chocolate
Cons
clients were not always pleasant
Good
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONAugust 30, 2012
Agero is a good place to work. They offer employee incentives and have coaches onsite to aid in situations when clients are unhappy or in need of a supervisor. The most difficult part of the job is sitting in one spot for the shift.
Pros
lunches are provided on special occassions
Cons
no week ends off.