Age UK

Age UK Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I really enjoy the workplace, especially customer care.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Stowmarket, ENGMarch 19, 2014
Pros: the enviroment and other workers as well as the customers. flexibility.
Cons: as a volunteer i don't get paid!
I tend to work on the till in the shop which I enjoy as it is more customer based, although I have experience with the steaming, labelling, pricing and replenishing shelves. I have learned all the things that need to be done on a day to day basis, and work well with my co-workers.
Fantastic team
Shop Manager (Former Employee), castlefordMarch 19, 2014
The position was intersting and full of different eliments and chalanges.
Productive and interesting
General Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 16, 2014
Pros: gaining new skills
Cons: not paid worked (work experience)
A typical day is very busy and requires a lot of organisation. Dealing with customer queries and attention to detail are skills which have been acquired and developed whilst in this role. My co-workers are helpful and friendly and make up a good working team.

General laboring with heavy lifting can sometimes be a challenge on a day to day basis but – more... meeting new people daily and assisting them a rewarding part of my job. – less
new challenge every day.
Volunteer (Current Employee), staffsMarch 13, 2014
stock management, face to face and over the phone customer service, house keeping admin and secretarial duties. Best part would be helping new people, solving problems and knowing your making a difference whilst gaining training and experience.
Worthwhile way to fill time
Retail Assistant - voluntary (Current Employee), Lydney, ENGMarch 12, 2014
Age UK is a charity aimed at older people and working there is good experience, but as a volunteer I cannot comment on what it is like to do paid work for them.
Pointless
Volunteer (Former Employee), leicester, charles streetMarch 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch and bus fair paid back
Cons: not much comunication between staff
Manager was never very help full got trained everything by the assistant manager
Excellent team spirit
ICT Tutor (Current Employee), Bradford, ENGFebruary 19, 2014
Volunteering
Assist elderly people to build their confidence when using e-mail, internet and Microsoft Package by tailor made lessons based on their ability to progress.
awful
P/T Temp (Former Employee), Bedford, ENGFebruary 19, 2014
Cons: restricted cups of tea and cant use mobile
Not friendly, so false, totally boring work, you are watched on tv monitor all the time and use cant use a mobile at all.
Volunteer Work
volunteer work (Former Employee), RuncornFebruary 17, 2014
Whilst at Age UK, I managed the till on a daily basis, labelled stock, steamed the clothes the public had donated. I was trusted with banking the takings at the end of each day
Gained experience on till, shop floor and packing.
Retail Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Consett, ENGFebruary 16, 2014
Started work at 9am - 4pm. I gained experience on the till, unpacked goods to display on shop floor, and learned customer service skills.
The co-workers were very helpful and supportive.
The hardest part of the job was re- stocking.
The most enjoyable was speaking to customers.
Excellent oppurtunity to use career skills
Receptionist and Admin Assistant (Current Employee), BrentfordFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: hands on use of various office equipment
Cons: short hours
A fast paced environment for me to to put to use my proactive skills in administration which allows me to keep up to date with latest software and administration protocols.

Daily activities:
Answerwing telephone and dealing with queries
Cash Handling
Arranging new memberships and logging all relevant paper work
Use of office equipment: Photocopier, – more... scanner and franking machine
Data Entry
Customer Service
Liaising all staff and senior managers

Was able to use a frankin machine which i have not used in the past which i found helpful to increase my equipment knowledge.

Really found my role to be a very staff focused and have to use clear and concise communication to be able to make sure all tasks were done efficiently. Always enjoy dealing with senior staff and feel that i effectively carry out any duties assigned.

Enjoy working with others and feel that a functional company needs to have a team that understands each other.

Really enjoy the reward aspect of my role knowing that staff and clients are satisfied with duties carried out which in turn provides productive effeciency on my part gives me great pride in my role. – less
good place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), BlackpoolFebruary 11, 2014
can have a laugh there. u could try your hand at various jobs within the shop
Fun workplace and Productive
Volunteer (Former Employee), Grimsby, ENGFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: excellent place to work
I enjoyed working here the most, I was always keeping busy, The customers were lovely and the staff helped me when i needed it.
Fun, busy
Customer Service and Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Beaconsfield, ENGJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free christmas meal and teas
Cons: stolen items
On the till, helping manager or assistant manager bring stock out to the front of the store, price and stick items, tidy clothing make sure they are in correct hangers and sizes. I have learnt that a lot of regular people come in and give unwanted items to charity. Management and co-workers are great and very friendly easy to talk to always ask if I – more... need a tea or anything to eat. Hardest part is sometimes finding hangers on the floor the day before or looking for items you placed earlier to know they have been taken. The most enjoyable part is that the money is going to charity a good cause. – less
Good workplace, friendly staff
Till worker and Customer service assistant (Former Employee), ST IVESJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day at work, was that I had to serve customers, deal with any customer complaints or concerns, do some stock replenishment, keep the shop floor tidy and a inviting place to go to.
What I learned was valuable customer service, working with different people, how to work tills.
The management was good because I got on well with the manager and – more... she was very friendly and polite.
There wasn't really a hard part in the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I liked it overall. – less
excellent
volunteer (Current Employee), Huddersfield, ENGJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: get really good retail experience
Cons: unpaid
its a happy and fun enviroment and its an excellent company to work for
Fun work place i enjoy being a volunteer
Charity Shop Volunteer (Current Employee), PortsladeJanuary 26, 2014
steaming clothes, pricing items, putting stock out on shop floor, enjoy working here as its for a good charity
Friendly and Relaxed Work Environment
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), AshburtonJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: very friendly work colleagues
Cons: extremely repetitive work
Working at Age has been relaxing, the staff are all very friendly, including management, however, the reason I am looking for alternate work as this data entry role is both temporary and tedious.
fun workplace but poor management
Voluntary Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Colne, ENGJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: staff are really good to get along with
Cons: lack of managerial expertise
the staff and the atmosphere was really good, however it lacked managerial skills.
Experience
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee), Coventry, ENGJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: valuable skills
Cons: long hours
The experience i acquired was great, i really enjoyed my time there meeting new people and learning new things and broadening my skills.

Age UK Photos