Age UK Employee Reviews

Enjoyabe and enourashing work
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  GosportFebruary 28, 2016
Typical day is learning on the job new challenges to analyse and overcome, greeting and meeting customers, making sure their needs are met and are satisfied. I have learned, till work, company procedures, time management, merchandising and many other skills which pertain to retail. I have worked my way up the ladder to become Assistant Manager my previous work and have used my skills I have acquired and applied them in my Age UK position. My co-workers I get along with very well and have a great working relationship with staff at all levels. Hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customer but as a professional I have much experience in handling the situation. Most enjoyable part is dealing with the public, interacting with people and making sure they are happy.
Pros
Something new everyday
Cons
Feeling the need to do more to help vunerable customers
Productive workplace
Charity Worker (Former Employee) –  KentMay 15, 2016
Our team was very communicative and fun. The job itself was productive. At the end of the day we all had a felling that we've done a good job. It was very tedious though.
Pros
My boss gave me a lift to work
Cons
Had to wake up very early
liked working meet a lot of new people
would work with older people (Current Employee) –  ChatterisMay 29, 2016
I love meeting new people love to talk to older people honest hardwork cleaning cookers in would clean and anything 4 other people
Pros
could have meal
Cons
haveing to clean cookers
Fun place to work
volunteer (Former Employee) –  PeterboroughAugust 26, 2016
At AGE UK the environment there helps you be more productive and cheerfuller, I especially liked helping customer in any way I could. working here was a great start to my customer service career.
Rewarding and friendly workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  SheffieldJune 6, 2016
Volunteering here was a lovely experience- it was very rewarding and has allowed me to improve my communication skills as well as learning how to use a till and organise stock efficiently.
Good company to work for.
Age UK walk from Home and befriending volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ENGJanuary 17, 2016
Age UK is a good company to work for but it isn't my dream job, I would like to look after the elderly and people suffering from Dementia in a nursing home environment, I do not regret volunteering for Age UK at all, it's one of the best things I have ever done, it has boosted my confidence so much.
Pros
Working hours that work round you, meeting new people, free events to attend
Cons
The journey to your clients house if you don't drive.
productive and fun work place.
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  RoytonMarch 16, 2016
I found that age uk offered a high quality standard to meet staff and customers needs. the way age uk was expected to work alongside its customers was very effective and highly appropriate for the customers and members of staff that worked there.
Good work place
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  SolihullJune 8, 2016
I was only here for a short period but I feel i gained a lot of experience as i was behind a till most days and handling cash and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Fun work place
good 2 weeks
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon HullAugust 4, 2016
for the 2 weeks i was there it was good i was helped in what i needed help with but also was able to be left to get on with the job in hand independently
Pros
good staff
Cons
it flooded
A lovely place to work!
Facilities Help Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ENGJanuary 17, 2016
I have learnt a lot and there is still more to learn. Training and learning on the job is a positive. But I feel some parts of the training needs to be separate rather then at the time of a deadline when mistakes can be made under pressure. Management as a whole need to be open minded and neutral. But I feel my Manager could have been more encouraging. Through my experience the feedback given was meant to be positive but came across as negative and dis-encouraging and confusing to me. I understand constructive feedback is essential and to me balance is key on how you address the information is important regardless. I still think the Company is a great place to work and the spirit was pleasant and yes I would love to go back I miss it the people. I am very blessed and grateful I worked there.
I enjoy meeting people and having a satifying day.
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincs.February 2, 2016
Operating the till at customer checkout, processing card and cash sales using a touch screen till and scanner. This involved providing the highest standard of customer care and service, assisting with enquiries, packing customer shopping and helping in any other area’s needed.
Age uk Sunderland
Shop assistant placement (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, ENGJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day would be sorting the clothes out,tagging the clothes and putting on the shop floor. I learnt how to tag the clothes, I got on well with the manager and the co-workers the hardest part of th job was not doing much, The most enjoyable part was sorting the clothes out and tagging them.
Pros
the pros was learning how to tag the clothes
Cons
cons was not doing much
Love working in charity, but...
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  MerseysideJanuary 16, 2016
The work is great, but I've never encountered so much back stabbing and internal politics in my life from the bottom through to top management. You're not supported by management and suggestions aren't welcome. If you choose to work for them, it's vital that you keep your thoughts to yourself.
Pros
Variety of work. Boredom doesn't exist.
Cons
Internal politics
Age uk
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  SouthamptonJune 3, 2016
When i was working as a volunteer at AGE UK i was doing customer service which i have excellent skills at,i was on till with good cash&customer services again,also i sorted stock department out
Cons
9-5
Very friendly environment
Age UK Volunteer (Former Employee) –  ReadingJune 9, 2016
It was an extremely pleasant part-time experience and really helped me to develop as a person. The co-volunteers were very lovely and welcoming.
outstanding company
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  ChesterfieldMay 24, 2016
giving time and effort to all the volunteers, and the starff good at dealing with thing that might go wrong and alway lisering
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
voluntree
Productive, engaging and a very descent workplace.
Voluntary General Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENGJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at the Age UK charity shop involved the organisation and replenishing of stock; communicating effectively and warmly with staff and customers; managing the tilt and ensuring that the shop itself was clean and presentable to customers.
very productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  GravesendMay 14, 2016
I found working on the shop floor and on the till very fun and my colleagues were lovely. However due to falling ill I lost the job but overall it was a great workplace.
Fun Work Place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  WirralAugust 1, 2016
They respect all employees and help meet not only what we want but what the customers want aswell. I enjoyed AGE UK. It was really good work.
fun and always something to do
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  RothwellJune 8, 2016
it was fun to work in, the other employees were very helpful and kind.customers were easy to get on with, and never ran out of something to do

2.9