Age UK Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), leicesterMay 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours 40 hours a week
it was a fantastic job and i enjoyed every minute of working their
good place to work
Sunday Assistant (Current Employee), Wisbech, ENGMay 15, 2014
its a good place to work and the staff are lovely to work with.
Volunteer work, Age UK (Former Employee), Horsham, ENGMay 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not great staffing
This experience opened up the opportunity to interact with so many new types of people.
In daily life, it is not often that I come into contact with elderly people, but volunteering at Age UK, Horsham honestly showed me that most older people are still young at heart and desire to have just as much fun as the rest of us, only in a slightly less excitable – more... fashion.

The most fascinating person I met there was a lady with downs syndrome. As I have a brother with a more aggressive form of Autism called Asperger's Syndrome, I felt delighted to meet someone so kind and at ease with the world. I would have probably never spoken to an older downs syndrome sufferer had I not volunteered here. She was such a gentle, kind-hearted person, much alike other downs syndrome sufferers I have came into contact with! – less
Fun workplace
volunteer (Current Employee), darwenMay 13, 2014
everyday is good, ive learnt customer skills, the management and co workers are brilliant, it goes slow sometimes and when its busy its the best time
caring, and hardworking place
volunteering (Former Employee), Banbury, ENGMay 13, 2014
I felt sick and was unable to do anything so I told the management.
I have leant a lot of skills from work such as time management, communication, organisation and others.
Good relaxed part time job
General Worker (Current Employee), Coventry, ENGMay 8, 2014
Pros: £3 free lunch
a typical day would start with taking cloths off the racks from that day and then helping others take stuff off the shelves followed by putting new stuff on the shelves/ racks. i learned how to talk to the general customer.
management are one of the reasons im still volunteering in the shop, they are friendly and easy to deal with.
similarly to management – more... co workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
most enjoyable part of the job would be being able to have a friendly conversation while working (co-worker/manager/customer). – less
Nice people
Volunteer (Former Employee), CreweMay 8, 2014
Very nice people to work with and look after you very well. If you need any help with anything they will always be there to help you.
The job was only temporary but was a great place to work calm office enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Temp) (Former Employee), Ashburton, ENGMay 1, 2014
Pros: free drinks all the time
the job entailed working in a busy contact centre taking inbound response call in relation to their Later Life TV campaign and Magazine . Also my role was to ask trigger questions which gave me an understanding of what the caller needed.
The Management were outstanding if l had a question they could answer it straight away.
Co Workers - some where new – more... to the job but there were quite a few colleagues that had been there years.
The Hardest part of the job I would say handling callers who were confused and didn't really know what they required
The Most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing that the customer was happy with the service l provided . – less
A good grounding for retail background
Community Outreach Adviser (Current Employee), Gedling, ENGApril 23, 2014
Pros: good stafff discount scheme
Cons: did not wish to work weekends
I had relevant training for job responsibilities and benefitted from an employer who invested in its staff
Volunteer (Current Employee), PortsladeApril 19, 2014
Fun place to work, variety of work to complete, I learnt a lot about retail and all co-workers are friendly and easy to get on with.
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee), Horley, ENGApril 11, 2014
Cleaning
Putting up displays
Assisting Customers
Get on very well with my colleagues
Assisting Customers
Using the Till
Hanging and steaming of garments
good to work for
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee), Gateshead, ENGApril 10, 2014
Pros: free lunche
i enjoy my work learnt alot since been hear age uk good to work for.
Fun and Excitable
Volunteer (Current Employee), bradfordApril 4, 2014
Pros: working on tills, friendly staff
I loved working at age uk because it was new experience for me and put my skills to good use
Charity shop
Employment History/Volunteering (Current Employee), Egremont, ENGApril 3, 2014
Pros: working for a well recognised charity.
Cons: used to be 4 or 5 staff now only 2.
Very hard work lots of loading and unloading, working in the stockroom and on the shop floor, dealing with customers on a daily basis.
fun work place nice people
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee), Bourne, ENGMarch 30, 2014
Pros: you learn new things
I am a volurteer in the Bourne AGE UK shop and I love it there because we all have a laugh while we work which makes it a great place to be
productive workplace friendly staff
Volunteer (Current Employee), Oldham, ENGMarch 28, 2014
Pros: bus fair reinbursed
Cons: not getting paid
all management and co-workers and friendly polite and good workers
i've learned that to work in age uk you need alot of pacince with customers the hardest part of the job is having to deal with difficult customers ive learned that you need to stay calm at all times as if i shout back at the customer it makes the company look bad the most enjoyable part – more... of the joib is seeing the satisfaction on the customers faces when they go away happy as it makes me feel good – less
I really enjoy the workplace, especially customer care.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Stowmarket, ENGMarch 19, 2014
Pros: the enviroment and other workers as well as the customers. flexibility.
Cons: as a volunteer i don't get paid!
I tend to work on the till in the shop which I enjoy as it is more customer based, although I have experience with the steaming, labelling, pricing and replenishing shelves. I have learned all the things that need to be done on a day to day basis, and work well with my co-workers.
Fantastic team
Shop Manager (Former Employee), castlefordMarch 19, 2014
The position was intersting and full of different eliments and chalanges.
Productive and interesting
General Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 16, 2014
Pros: gaining new skills
Cons: not paid worked (work experience)
A typical day is very busy and requires a lot of organisation. Dealing with customer queries and attention to detail are skills which have been acquired and developed whilst in this role. My co-workers are helpful and friendly and make up a good working team.

General laboring with heavy lifting can sometimes be a challenge on a day to day basis but – more... meeting new people daily and assisting them a rewarding part of my job. – less
new challenge every day.
Volunteer (Current Employee), staffsMarch 13, 2014
stock management, face to face and over the phone customer service, house keeping admin and secretarial duties. Best part would be helping new people, solving problems and knowing your making a difference whilst gaining training and experience.

Age UK Photos