Age UK

Age UK Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
warehouse work
Stock Assistant (Former Employee), Oxford, ENGApril 12, 2015
enjoyed the days and had a lot of fun meeting new people. picked up same new skills and advice. the work gave me new skills and the co worker was good to work with. there was no hard part to the job, meeting people.
good work place
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee), Newark-on-Trent, ENGMarch 20, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: not enough hours
A work day at Age UK is good and well pleasing, I have learnt a lot from working there such as: how to use a till, Stock take good customer service. Co-workers are easy to get along with which make the job easier. The hardest part of the job is stock taking as you must not make a mistake while doing it. The most enjoyable thing about doing the job i do is making the customers happy.
Worthwhile with terrific feedback
Voluntary Software Teacher (Current Employee), Reading LibraryMarch 10, 2015
The most worthwhile job that I have ever done where everybody says thank you more times each day than received in most jobs per year.
Enjoyable Environment
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), PurleyMarch 9, 2015
I was responsible for delivering a friendly and hospitable service within a busy retail environment. I fully participated to provide an active role towards a positive customer experience hence driving sales.
skills advancements
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Lowestoft, ENGMarch 4, 2015
Pros: skills gained
Cons: no pay
I go in and work on thing like steaming equipment and working on the till.
I do a lot of work out the back of the shop sorting out the stock,dateing stock,checking stock to see if ok to sell.
Fits in with my childcare commitments
Help in the Home Worker (Current Employee), HitchinMarch 3, 2015
I work for Age UK two half days per week

Enjoy helping Older people stay in their own homes.

I work alone

The hardest opart of the job is when someone dies
collections out of the streets with van
driver mate (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 19, 2015
it this job I collect the charity bags from the peoples out of the streets and later we gave to charity shops we travel by van in many areas in London I check the streets for to find the bags and then i putting into the van
Volunteering for Age UK
volunteer (Former Employee), Blandford Forum, ENGFebruary 19, 2015
Whist I only volunteered here, I can vouch that it was a great working experience for myself and those who were employed to work there, I was constantly being helped when needed. A kind and very friendly environment with helpful employees and various opportunities would highly recommend.
Kind generous work force
Sales Assistant ( Volunteer ) (Former Employee), HoveFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: staff discount
Cons: not paid employment
A very rewarding job working for a charity, management and co-workers were extremely nice to work with, enjoyable part of the job was getting the donations in from the general public.
Fun and laid back workplace
Kitchen manager (Current Employee), Grimsby, ENGFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great team to work with, friendly customers and work colleagues
Cons: pay isn't the greatest
Start at 6am, cook roast dinners and puddings for customers along with volunteers. My co-workers are amazing, work very hard for me. The best part of the job is the smiles on customers faces and compliments we get for our dinners. We have been told by one customer that our quality of food was better than a dinner she had at a restaurant a few days before! Management are very supportive and friendly to talk to.
diverse
Silver surfer (Former Employee), londonFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
being a silver surfer was particularly for the elderly. i had to go into peoples houses and teach them how to use a computer. this would be so that they could do online shopping, or online banking, or just so that they could research. i managed my own days at work i worked alone. their was no hard part of the job. i enjoyed every second of the job. i got to work with elderly people, i was able to communicate with a variety of people with different needs and from different backgrounds. i was patient with them and kind and considerate as i was in their home. its a big thing having a vulnerable adult invite me into their home. i was their to help them. most of the time i didn't see it as work. they all had an hour each week with me but quite a lot of the time i let it run into my own time which i didn't get paid for, but that didn't bother me as i was helping someone.
Productive and Fun WorkPlace
Guisborough Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee), Guisborough, ENGFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: experience, socialisng
Working for Age Uk is beneficial, rewarding and experience gaining. A typical day is sorting through donations and ensuring the shop floor is full and maintaining it so thats it clean and tidy. Throughout my time there I have learned stock replenishment, team cooperation, organsing and prioritising.
Why choose Age UK
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), HullFebruary 2, 2015
The usual working day at Age UK retail shop consisted of, making sure that the stock was of good quality when donated, the clothes department was claen.
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Wigan, ENGJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: fun, easy
Cons: heavy furniture
Although it's only a volunteer position, i feel like a part of the team. I've learned a lot of key skills here such as money handling, interpersonal skills working with customers.

The team at Age UK are easy to get along with, if it's a slow day and there's not many customers they can share a laugh with you and it speeds up the day a little.

The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, would be moving the heavy furniture around the warehouse.

The most enjoyable part would be working with a group of people i can now call my friends.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), wednesburyJanuary 29, 2015
helping customers on a daily basis supervising a number of shops in different areas such has cannock wylde green kingstanding dudley
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
Senior Data Migration Executive (Current Employee), LONDONJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free snacks
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE AND DEVELOPMENT.
FLEXIBLE HOURS.
REASONABLE PAY.
CHALLENGING WORK.
Tough job not for the light hearted !
Shop Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 22, 2015
Hard work and unpredictable , you do it for love, not for cash , your working for the bigger picture - However from a retail point of view far better to work for a charity than a large corp that are for profit.
Temporary position as volunteer
Volunteer Escort to Minibus Driver (Former Employee), Kidderminster, ENGJanuary 19, 2015
My job involved assisting the minibus driver in getting the elderly members on and off the bus safely, strapping them into their seats and securing wheelchairs to the floor of the minibus. Management and staff at Age UK were friendly and supportive.
vonlenteer
Retail (Former Employee), Preston, ENGJanuary 15, 2015
this was an excellent job very relaxed and chilled out they helped out with dinners and also had polite staff
Good for experience
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee), Middlesbrough, ENGJanuary 6, 2015
It was only really to get experience in retail that I worked in Age UK

1 2 3 4 5

Age UK Photos

Would love to work with the elderly in  London