AGAT Laboratories

AGAT Laboratories Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learning Experience
Logistics Technologist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 29, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Management
The overall job taught me to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Working with co-workers had a positive response allowing support with one another reducing work stress. Management could be better by allowing less pressure on the work site and better relations with one another.
Favour to worker
Laboratory technicin (Former Employee), LloydminsterJune 23, 2015
Cons: Long hours without paying overtime
Management gives the favor to worker. Lab technician is getting much more pay than laboratory analyst. None of the lab technician have even science background and even don't have more than a year experience still they give promotion to them. Don't apply in Lloydminster location ever. They don't have a value of the worker who has knowledge.
Great starter job, but not very much room for advacement
Client Project Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Salary, Long hours, Stress
Great starter job if you're right out of college or university. Felt overworked and underpaid and under appreciated. Often worked long hours during the busy season and often ended up taking work stress home with me.
Great Team
Lab technician (Former Employee), MissisaugaMarch 15, 2015
Pros: job rotations helped in learning multiple instruments
Cons: location was far
AGAT is a relatively small company so had a chance to learn multiple instruments, tests as well as about multiple products.
Management was great, they knew how to get the job done from fewer employees on timely priorities. Coworkers were great, easy-going and helped a lot on sometimes-monotonous jobs.
Most Enjoyable part of the job was that I got to learn a lot in very small time. I was trusted to new positions and I did not let my management down.
Agat Review
Receptionist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2015
Agat Labs is very multicultural and open hearted place. A place of opportunity and choices. Great timing and good location.Cons I should say is less pay.
Decent temporary job
Logistics Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2014
Decent job for seasonal job. Learned a lot in receiving and logistics. Very poor management. Can be a hectic job when it gets busy.
poor paying job and expect new staff on a regular basics
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: pay and hour cuts
typical day is extracting soil, water, and oil samples from other companies and then transferring them into vials. Did learn anything cheimcally, just learned how much and how to do specific analysis. Co-workers are very nice and honest. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and talking to the co-workers. There is nothing hard about this job, as you don't need any chemical knowledge. Any in high school can do this job. The wage is very poor and you see many people come and go as everyone in the company is searching for a better job with better wage and benefits.

Decent place for just a start, but cannot imagine staying for more than 2 years.
the most enjoyable part oth the job
Lab Technician (Former Employee), calgary ABNovember 13, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job is the fast environnement work and diedline projects makes the day goes by fast .
Very fast paced environment to work in
Client Project Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 6, 2014
Management and job culture is great but not that much Job Security/Advancement
Good Team
Geological Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2014
Western basins of Canada Crude Oil and Core Analysis Project,
Gulf of Mexico Crude Oil and Core Analysis Project,
Middle East Crude Oil and Core Analysis Project.
AGAT
Environmental Chemistry Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: the work, tasks
Cons: salary
The company is good but has a little opportunities for advancement in the area am interested in.

I have learned to be efficient in a fast space laboratory work, I have earned more critical skills, problem solving/troubleshooting, and understand more the team work importance.
The team at AGAT is wonderful and we support each other daily to have quality results and a good work environment.

the hardest part of the job is when a major problem, like instruments failure, it can be challenging at the time because the work flow falls back and miss the deadlines, but at the same time I enjoy brainstorming this problems to find a possible answer, and I always get a bigger reward of happiness when am able to solve the problem, it motivates me more.
Fast pace always learning
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSNovember 20, 2013
Learn new things every day.
Helping people and the environment to be safe and healthy.
Productive Lab environment
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2013
I had to work in multiple post during my work term. I got to learn about the various testing processes for soil and water samples. I liked the work ethic of the employees in this company.
Re-active instead or pro active
Project Manager / Supervisor (Current Employee), calgarySeptember 22, 2013
Pros: opportunities to learn
Cons: micromanagment
gives you alot of opportunity to learn and develop. Enjoy working here every day there is a new challange
Fast and busy workspace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2013
Cons: being a student you have to help everyone and can't say no if oyu are not comfortable with something
- Busy workplace with something to always
- Scheduled breaks
- Some good co-workers but some very rude and straight face
- Management was not excellent but average
- Overall, a great learning experience in every aspect from work to people.
oil company
oil production (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 18, 2013
im good worker i leave agat because i get ley off my contract was done
Do not have that much benifit for employees
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: not that much
Cons: have to handle chemicals
Good working environment. Good medical benifit. Good for laboratory jobs.
Terrible place to get stuck in.
Management (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 26, 2012
Pros: oil and gas entry level experiance
Cons: poor management, low compensation, and lack of training
The only thing good about AGAT is that it gives you some Oil and Gas experiance on your resume. The company is poorly managed with little regard for employees. The turn over rates are very high and the general moral is extremely low.
High turnover, low wages, poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 29, 2012
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: low wages, poor management, high turnover
Highest turnover rate I have ever seen. You are expected to take on responsibilities of employees who quit with no training. Wages are a joke. Expect less than working at superstore or Tim Hortons to start, and many promises that are never kept.
Long working hours with low pay
Analyst/ Data Entry (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: overtime is mandatory
The people and managers are nice, but the management is substandard. The pay is really low for the amount of work that is needed to be done. They dont hire many people leaving us over booked with our jobs.