AGAT Laboratories Employee Reviews

Do not work at AGAT
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
This company is poorly ran. The ceo cannot run a company period. Wages are not just low they are pathetic. Other staff members are ok to work with. Foreign employees like myself are racially profiled day one and given tasks accordingly. Management tries to intimidate staff but just look silly trying to look important
Pros
Christmas party.
Cons
Horrendous company to work for
Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2016
Look on glassdoor.com for a comprehensive review.

Poor management, poor HR, poor leadership, poor salary, overworked, the owners are bullies, and the list goes on.
Pros
Absolutely non.
Cons
The entire company!
Productive workplace, great people
Logistics Control Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 May 2016
I enjoyed my time at AGAT Laboratories, as I worked with a great boss and coworkers. I worked in the logistics department and I was responsible for creating work orders for samples, and organizing sample shipments.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Work in Laboratories is team work and full of responsibilities, skills and knowledge about chemistry, microbiology and environment.
Chemical lab technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2016
Every day is challenging in laboratories. I learn about time management, because it is work of time and money. Every second is important in laboratories. It is about from sample you received till end how you analysis the sample and make reporting to supervisor. the most enjoyable part of this job is you don't realized time how fast its going while you do analysis of sample and other works.
Pros
it is really nice to work in team and we can build our skill and knowledge.
Cons
you have to work with hazardous reagent in laboratories.
Learned a lot
Sample Preparation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2016
I have got some practical experience and worked with team. Working with scientists provide me real time experience with easy learning tips.
Will miss working there
GRAPHIC DESIGNER & MARKETING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2016
Nice people to work with and interesting industry. Hired as part-time, but quickly moved to 34 hours a week on a permanent basis.
A hard working Determined and friendly place to work
QC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK8 September 2015
A normal day at AGAT Environmental is receiving, preparing, and analysis of soil and Water samples. The Lab itself is relatively new so Management is often worried, yet more so determined to prove that the lab may be new but not inexperienced or lacking a strong work ethic. The hardest part of working there would be that samples can come any hour of the day and require immediate analysis. However this has taught me stronger time management skills and problem solving on the go. The best part of working there would be the friendly and social staff that are all to willing to give a helping hand.
Pros
friendly staff, free lunches
Cons
in Lloydminster
An okay workplace for a recent graduate
Environmental Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 December 2015
AGAT hires many students during the summer for co-op. The amount of learning is great however the per hour rate is almost the same as minimum wage.
Good work environment but tasks can be repetitive
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2015
Good work environment. Co-workers are friendly and knowledgeable. Company encourages creativity in problem solving. Tasks and projects can become tedious, routine, and repetitive.
it has got an amaizing work environment where manager and supervisor are really friendly
Gas lab technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2015
its really a friendly professional working place where i got to learn lot of different methods for analyzing gas samples as well as water samples. manager really looks forward to train all employees.
Pros
events
Cons
12 hours shift
Favour to worker
Laboratory technicin (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster23 June 2015
Management gives the favor to worker. Lab technician is getting much more pay than laboratory analyst. None of the lab technician have even science background and even don't have more than a year experience still they give promotion to them. Don't apply in Lloydminster location ever. They don't have a value of the worker who has knowledge.
Cons
Long hours without paying overtime
Learning Experience
Logistics Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2015
The overall job taught me to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Working with co-workers had a positive response allowing support with one another reducing work stress. Management could be better by allowing less pressure on the work site and better relations with one another.
Pros
Co-workers
nice workplace
Laboratory Technician / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2015
nice workplace but salary is low. job security is not good because they will fire you or lay-off their worker always. good workplace for newcomers here in Canada.
Great Team
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  Missisauga15 March 2015
AGAT is a relatively small company so had a chance to learn multiple instruments, tests as well as about multiple products.
Management was great, they knew how to get the job done from fewer employees on timely priorities. Coworkers were great, easy-going and helped a lot on sometimes-monotonous jobs.
Most Enjoyable part of the job was that I got to learn a lot in very small time. I was trusted to new positions and I did not let my management down.
Pros
job rotations helped in learning multiple instruments
Cons
location was far
Great starter job, but not very much room for advacement
Client Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 June 2015
Great starter job if you're right out of college or university. Felt overworked and underpaid and under appreciated. Often worked long hours during the busy season and often ended up taking work stress home with me.
Benefits
Cons
Salary, Long hours, Stress
poor paying job and expect new staff on a regular basics
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2014
typical day is extracting soil, water, and oil samples from other companies and then transferring them into vials. Did learn anything cheimcally, just learned how much and how to do specific analysis. Co-workers are very nice and honest. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and talking to the co-workers. There is nothing hard about this job, as you don't need any chemical knowledge. Any in high school can do this job. The wage is very poor and you see many people come and go as everyone in the company is searching for a better job with better wage and benefits.

Decent place for just a start, but cannot imagine staying for more than 2 years.
Pros
great staff
Cons
pay and hour cuts
Senior Prep Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario or Toronto, Ontario22 May 2012
- I always start to work morning and before I start to prep all my samples I make it sure my station is cleaned.

- Working in fast paced environment I learned the time management and multi-tasking.

- If I have problem with my co-workers I will talk to him/her.

- When I dumped all our waste chemicals because in our prep station I'm the only one has a mask.

- If we are not too busy just steady and that only happened month of December.
AGAT
Environmental Chemistry Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2014
The company is good but has a little opportunities for advancement in the area am interested in.

I have learned to be efficient in a fast space laboratory work, I have earned more critical skills, problem solving/troubleshooting, and understand more the team work importance.
The team at AGAT is wonderful and we support each other daily to have quality results and a good work environment.

the hardest part of the job is when a major problem, like instruments failure, it can be challenging at the time because the work flow falls back and miss the deadlines, but at the same time I enjoy brainstorming this problems to find a possible answer, and I always get a bigger reward of happiness when am able to solve the problem, it motivates me more.
Pros
The work, tasks
Cons
Salary
Fast and busy workspace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2013
- Busy workplace with something to always
- Scheduled breaks
- Some good co-workers but some very rude and straight face
- Management was not excellent but average
- Overall, a great learning experience in every aspect from work to people.
Cons
Being a student you have to help everyone and can't say no if oyu are not comfortable with something
Terrible place to get stuck in.
Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary26 October 2012
The only thing good about AGAT is that it gives you some Oil and Gas experiance on your resume. The company is poorly managed with little regard for employees. The turn over rates are very high and the general moral is extremely low.
Pros
oil and gas entry level experiance
Cons
poor management, low compensation, and lack of training

2.9